Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Cricket
This poll is closed.
Blackface in crowd 129 55.36%
References to Lord of the Rings 104 44.64%
Total: 233 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

nzspambot
Mar 26, 2010

quote:

sarvesh: "Check the run rate of the partnership of AB de Villiers and F Behardien . Itttssss 24 runs per over" 80 runs off 3.2 overs, with AB scoreing 68 of them

lol wat loving stick cricket

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Gambrinus posted:

I fell asleep and missed the highlights of the Afghanistan game on ITV last night. Do ITV have something like the BBC iplayer that I can watch it on?

https://www.itv.com/itvplayer/cricket-world-cup-highlights

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.
Kyle Abbot looks like an escaped mental patient, second coming of Andre Nel.

edit: they choked on that review non-call

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Why would you not review that? Oh no, better not waste a review against a team 8 down and 300 behind.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
The best thing about this game was that Holder conceded over 100 runs but also bowled two maidens.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.

RideTheSpiral posted:

The best thing about this game was that Holder conceded over 100 runs but also bowled two maidens.

He looked like he was going to cry :(

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

RideTheSpiral posted:

He had 1/9 off five overs. Conceded 95 off his last 5.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Shmoses posted:

He had 1/9 off five overs. Conceded 95 off his last 5.

Holy poo poo. This is a good show with the bat though. Seems like a decent bloke.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
AB De Destroyer of worlds.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

serious gaylord posted:

AB Destroyer of worlds.

bluegoon
Mar 5, 2010

by Pragmatica

serious gaylord posted:

AB De Destroyer of worlds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-RSj4RXy2Y

He sings too.

Greyman
Apr 20, 2005

Excellent, looks like South Africa is all set to choke out in the quarters! I was worried we wouldn't make it out of the group stage.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
These numbers are insane.

auzdark
Aug 29, 2005

Mercy is the cry of the soul that stirred,
Mercy is the cry and it's never heard.
So whose going to choke tomorrow? Australia, Nee Zealand or the weather.

Or Tony Abbott...

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

auzdark posted:

So whose going to choke tomorrow? Australia, Nee Zealand or the weather.

Or Tony Abbott...

Hopefully all 4.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
TBH after the last few games it'll probably be poo poo

I do think that its funny that the most competitive and best games have involved the teams that the ICC didn't want at this world cup

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
It took AB 12 deliveries to go from 100 to 150.

Still B.A.E
Mar 24, 2012

serious gaylord posted:

It took AB 12 deliveries to go from 100 to 150.

He's good, and I've managed to miss both his recent mental innings.

Gambrinus
Mar 1, 2005
What's the record for fastest block of 50 or 100 scored? I don't mean stuff like 0-50, 50-100,150-200,200-300 etc, but stuff like 12-62 or 37-87? Quickest to 50, starting from any score?

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Gambrinus posted:

What's the record for fastest block of 50 or 100 scored? I don't mean stuff like 0-50, 50-100,150-200,200-300 etc, but stuff like 12-62 or 37-87? Quickest to 50, starting from any score?

ABdV and Corey Anderson spring to mind.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Yuvraj Singh did a 12 ball 50 against England in the game where he hit Broad for 6 6s in an over.

I think Gayle did an 11 here http://www.espncricinfo.com/south-africa-v-west-indies-2014-15/engine/match/722335.html if my count is right, starting from the first 6.

There's an 11 ball 50 in ABdV's most recent, starting from the last ball of the 44th: 64666.61664 the dot is actually a leg bye

goatface fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Feb 27, 2015

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

EDEN PARK WEATHER REPORT
Absolutely stunning morning with not a cloud in the sky. Auckland is known for some ridiculous weather shifts but I would be very surprised if there was enough rain to disrupt and shorten the game today.

Also on my way to get my morning coffee I heard Adiago for Strings over the loud speakers and thought how much of an epic this was going to be (sadly it was from a crossfit gym instead of Eden park). Anyway today is going to be loving epic. GET HYPE.

Gambrinus
Mar 1, 2005

Ewar Woowar posted:

EDEN PARK WEATHER REPORT
Absolutely stunning morning with not a cloud in the sky. Auckland is known for some ridiculous weather shifts but I would be very surprised if there was enough rain to disrupt and shorten the game today.

Also on my way to get my morning coffee I heard Adiago for Strings over the loud speakers and thought how much of an epic this was going to be (sadly it was from a crossfit gym instead of Eden park). Anyway today is going to be loving epic. GET HYPE.

Excellent weather reporting. I'm very excited, although will most likely sleep through it, due to living in the UK now. NZ had a godawful cricket time while I lived there and as soon as I left they became sort of good.

Excellent stats work above as well. I demand a nine ball fifty!

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

It's almost midday and the weather is still fantastic. I would be very surprised if there's any rain at all today.

nzspambot
Mar 26, 2010

Ewar Woowar posted:

It's almost midday and the weather is still fantastic. I would be very surprised if there's any rain at all today.

Its loving hot and AT better not gently caress the trains up

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
Australia are going to win, Maxwell will make a hundred and take 4 wickets. Southee will finish with figures of 0/70

actually let's just be honest whoever bats first will win by a million runs again like every other game

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Hopefully Australia win #teambig3

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
Go New Zealand

EMC
Aug 17, 2004

I just want a good match where Australia win and Watto gets a hundred with the ball

Webcormac McCarthy
Nov 26, 2007
Odds on Clark retiring hurt with another series ending injury?

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
Every game not featuring Associates has been crap. This one despite the hype will be no different

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
NZ will be fine as long as they lose the toss.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Well they lost the toss, now Australia will go out all "We're gonna hit 350!" and get wrecked.

Varkk
Apr 17, 2004

Scylo posted:

actually let's just be honest whoever bats first will win by a million runs again like every other game
Counterpoint:
http://www.espncricinfo.com/icc-cricket-world-cup-2015/engine/match/656415.html

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Cat Terrist posted:

Every game not featuring Associates has been crap. This one despite the hype will be no different

NZ v England was great, unless you're grouping England in with the associates I guess?

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

Scylo posted:

NZ are the best bowl first side in the comp though

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Cat Terrist posted:

If you didn't enjoy England getting humiliated there is something wrong with you

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Going back to some of the crazy stats after De Viliers 150:

quote:

104 Runs conceded by Jason Holder, the most ever by any West Indies bowler and the second-most by any bowler in World Cups. No bowler has previously conceded 100-plus runs when captaining their side in an ODI.

The really crazy thing about this one is that Jason Holder only went for 9 runs off his first five overs, but still finished his spell at a nearly world record high economy.

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
did ian healy just say one of the problems England had was that they bowled too full occasionally? because I honestly thought the problem they had was that they kept just bowling lovely length balls that were too short

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Ewar Woowar posted:

If you didn't enjoy England getting humiliated there is something wrong with you

We're fans of cricket in this thread, we just want a good game, leave your bigotry at the door please.