Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Guzwar
Feb 21, 2006
Everything's coming up Milhouse!

Had my first HERO burger today. A coworker was taking lunch orders and asked if I want in, I said sure. They forgot my pineapple and mango sauce, but overall it was a good burger. Not great, just good, the meat was a little bit dry.

Took a post-burg nap in the lunch room, woke up and Spock was dead :smith: Will not 'burg from there again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Guzwar posted:

They forgot my pineapple and mango sauce

sounds like they did you an epic favor

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
also, in a way, i'll be burgin' tonight. going to a place with a cheeseburger taco. don't judge; it's actually pretty good:

quote:

A mixture of ground beef, spices, jalapenos is served with cheese dip, lime jalapeno mayo, lettuce, tomato, in a flour tortilla

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Today I burged. I burged on a cajun burg with garlic bread, swiss, lettuce, tomato, onion, mayo, bacon with cheesy bacon fries. 'twas good.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

thathonkey posted:

cheeseburger taco

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jf-UKCNXUio

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Gatts posted:

Today I burged. I burged on a cajun burg with garlic bread, swiss, lettuce, tomato, onion, mayo, bacon with cheesy bacon fries. 'twas good.

What does cajun burg mean in this context?

Also the garlic bread sounds like a decent idea, burg dependant

Thing i don't get is that swiss is a pretty muted cheese surrounded by loud flavors. I would almost opt for no cheese there

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Fetus Tree posted:

What does cajun burg mean in this context?

Also the garlic bread sounds like a decent idea, burg dependant

Thing i don't get is that swiss is a pretty muted cheese surrounded by loud flavors. I would almost opt for no cheese there

True no cheese would be fine but I prefer cheeseburgs to burgs. Cajun "spices."

And yes, garlic bread is an awesome idea depending on the burg. Even chicken sandwich. Add hot sauce.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

its gonna be really hard not to get another burger tonight

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW
Just tried The Habit for the first time tonight and wow that was a good burger. Much better than I expected and the price is definitely right.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
Do you guys think its possible we could invent a new, legitimate burger?

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Melbourne has a million italian/thai delivery places, but nobody delivers delicious burgs.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

You can't deliver a burger.
It can't be done unless each component was individually packed in a temperature appropriate and moisture containg compartment to preserve the integrity of the burg in toto.

For this to work, the delivery driver would need to be allowed into your house with his burg-pouch and be given a small space (a kitchen counter or table top) on which he can assemble your burg and present them to you.

Imagine having a strange person enter your home with the makings of a fine meal and entrusting him to assemble it correctly AND present it to you properly? It's disconcerting AT BEST.

No. No burger delivery.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
You can deliver a burger if youre close enough and have a good thermal bag thing.

Ive seen it

Its good.

gently caress im hungry

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Big Beef City posted:

You can't deliver a burger.
It can't be done unless each component was individually packed in a temperature appropriate and moisture containg compartment to preserve the integrity of the burg in toto.

For this to work, the delivery driver would need to be allowed into your house with his burg-pouch and be given a small space (a kitchen counter or table top) on which he can assemble your burg and present them to you.

Imagine having a strange person enter your home with the makings of a fine meal and entrusting him to assemble it correctly AND present it to you properly? It's disconcerting AT BEST.

No. No burger delivery.

I am totally ok with fast food burg delivery especially if I am intoxicated.

Please burg safely.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I'm literally shaking right now.
It's like you all don't even CARE about hamburger quality or even the quality of the experience.

poo poo why don't you just microwave some frozen whitecastle sliders and dip them in a jar of turkey gravy you found in your pantry like a filthy loving slut?

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I'm sorry I got a little upset there

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Big Beef City posted:

It's like you all don't even CARE about hamburger quality or even the quality of the experience.

poo poo why don't you just microwave some frozen whitecastle sliders and dip them in a jar of turkey gravy you found in your pantry like a filthy loving slut?

Read the OP. All burgs are good, some, more good.

Nothing wrong with a fast food burg if you are in a tight spot and need to burg ASAP.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

MarioTeachesWiping posted:

Just tried The Habit for the first time tonight and wow that was a good burger. Much better than I expected and the price is definitely right.

The habit owns. They're finally opening up one near me and I'm going to gain approx 200lbs. It will be glorious.

Big Beef City posted:

#allburgersarebeautiful

Sounds like you need a burger to cool off them jets.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Theres a local shopping center that, besides the Von's supermarket, has Habit Burger, Einstein Bagels, Starbucks, Baskin Robins, and Jersey Mikes.

Needless to say I am in that center at breakfast/lunch quite often since its near my work.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Big Beef City posted:

I'm sorry I got a little upset there

hate is contrary to the spirit of burgthread, namaste

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

The Mad Archivist posted:

hate is contrary to the spirit of burgthread, namaste

wrong bud. you gotta hate a cow pretty hard to straight grind it up

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

But I love them in my belly.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

i ate a bunch of spicy chicken drum sticks and some tasty brown rice tonight im sorry burgs im ill make it all up to you next time

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

numberoneposter posted:

i ate a bunch of spicy chicken drum sticks and some tasty brown rice tonight im sorry burgs im ill make it all up to you next time

It's ok, i think the unofficial thread motto might be "please eat great food in between burgin, it will make burgin that much more special"

I didnt eat at all last night which fuckin blows. I might actually hit bk for breakfast and grab a burger.

I wish bk wasnt the closest burg joint thats actually open for business.

E: also your meal last night sounds very tasty and imo you need not apologize for it

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
yea please dont burg every day. this is a harm reduction thread.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
i burged last night and i will burg again. no regrets

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Burg responsibly.

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!
wrong forum

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
I was all set to home make a burg for lunch today then realized i forgot to buy buns like a newb. So now I am gonna have to improvise... I have sesame bagels and a loaf of white mountain bread but it's kinda thick. Thoughts?

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

I think that in very trying circumstances a bagel would be allowed to be a burg bun

Guzwar
Feb 21, 2006
Everything's coming up Milhouse!

Yeah, like when those soccer players went down in the Andes and ate each other to survive, that poo poo was allowed because of dire circumstances. Just make sure to buy proper buns for your next burg sesh.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Make an aioli and I think it will all be okay. Garlic specifically. I think I'm projecting.

I think I know what I'm making tonight.

Everything bagel, arugala, tomato, garlic aioli, salt/pepper, beef.

Jamsta
Dec 16, 2006

Oh you want some too? Fuck you!

Just Burg'd. Processed cheese on the bottom bun, mature cheddar top. Caramelised red onion, piccalilli + ketch. 2 x beef+onion patties (2nd hidden under mountain of onion)

Trip report: not enough cheeeeeese, onion fell off first bite and didn't flatten the patties enough. taste: nom

I still got a burgin boner.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

Fetus Tree posted:

It's ok, i think the unofficial thread motto might be "please eat great food in between burgin, it will make burgin that much more special"

I didnt eat at all last night which fuckin blows. I might actually hit bk for breakfast and grab a burger.

I wish bk wasnt the closest burg joint thats actually open for business.

E: also your meal last night sounds very tasty and imo you need not apologize for it
im re-learning how to cook again so im starting simple, i used to make really complicated stuff like beef wellingtons all the time. beef wellington is kinda like a huge sausage roll which is kinda like a cylindrical burger, ok thats a stretch.

got this just now

quote:

Bacon cheese burger with maple beer caramelized onions and house made whiskey BBQ sauce

the burg itself was good but the whiskey BBQ sauce was next level my mind is blown

i asked the cook he said he put a whole bottle of whiskey into it. YESSSS.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Oregon is about to step up its burger game:

http://www.oregonlive.com/dining/index.ssf/2015/01/in-n-out_medford_oregon_constr.html

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

it's actually just to feed the local beloved californian transplant population.

The North Tower
Aug 20, 2007

You should throw it in the ocean.
Just burged. Kept it simple: 80/20 beef with salt and pepper on the outside, onion, tomato, pickle and cheddar (steamed for the last minute) on pan fried focaccia with butter (the only bread I had lying around).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Nice money shot.

• Locked thread