Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Is Link really going to be playable in MH4?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003
Do you guys think $100 for an OG small 3DS and a copy of ALBW is fair? I want to upgrade to the N3DS, but I figured I'd get some input before I shop it around to friends/list it on SAMart. Only scratches I can find are on the rear battery plate, and they are superficial. No scratches on either screen, no dead pixels, and ~3 hour battery life.

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

Fremry posted:

Do you guys think $100 for an OG small 3DS and a copy of ALBW is fair? I want to upgrade to the N3DS, but I figured I'd get some input before I shop it around to friends/list it on SAMart. Only scratches I can find are on the rear battery plate, and they are superficial. No scratches on either screen, no dead pixels, and ~3 hour battery life.

No, spent the extra $100 to the get the New at least. You'll kick yourself for not upgrading.

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

glassyalabolas posted:

No, spent the extra $100 to the get the New at least. You'll kick yourself for not upgrading.

They're the one selling it.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

sounds like he would be the one selling. and currently that puts your 3ds at around $60 given the price for a used lbw which is reasonable

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003
Right, I am selling, hoping to get the $100 to offset the price of the N3DS. Thanks for the input, I'm gonna try to sell it locally and then take it to SAMart if none of my friends want it.

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008

noirstronaut posted:

Is Link really going to be playable in MH4?

His outfit will be available. You could pretty easily name a starting hunter Link, though, and give him a matching look.

Some other outfits will also be available, like Samus.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Fremry posted:

Right, I am selling, hoping to get the $100 to offset the price of the N3DS. Thanks for the input, I'm gonna try to sell it locally and then take it to SAMart if none of my friends want it.

You know you need both systems at hand AND with Internet access to do a System Transfer, right?

EDIT: Even if you don't care about eShop games or saves, if you linked your Nintendo Network ID on the old system, even if you've since formatted it (and thereby killed all your saves regardless of anything else), your only options to get it on the new one are "do the system transfer" or "beg Nintendo".

dont be mean to me fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Feb 27, 2015

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

Sir Unimaginative posted:

You know you need both systems at hand AND with Internet access to do a System Transfer, right?

Yeah, I'm not hard up for money. My plan is to buy the new one, make the transfer and then sell this one. It really isn't a money issue at all, I just have a hard time justifying the full price of the new 3DS when my old one has no issues and still holds a good charge.

Edit: It's much more of a mental thing of trying to justify the new one.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Makes sense.

I've actually got a 3DS AND an XL here. I'm still waiting to see if we ever get the smaller New 3DS.

Or if my problem with the old XL was just Fantasy Life's crafting minigames driving me to do dumb poo poo with my hands.

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

Blue moon of Kentucky keep on shinin'...
Speaking of, how much do you guys think I could get for an Animal Crossing XL?

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

majormonotone posted:

They're the one selling it.

reading comprehension fail.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Fooley posted:

$150000

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Fooley posted:

Microwave it

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Looper posted:

Microwave it

You put a pop-tart in a toaster :colbert:.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

What even is Kid Icarus online? Do you shoot other Icarii?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

yea

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice
3v3 death match with different weapon types and fun stuff (so long as you aren't left handed)

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Neddy Seagoon posted:

You put a pop-tart in a toaster :colbert:.

Right, right. Other guy, put it in a mixer, add some yeast, and throw it in the oven on 375

Jadaris
May 9, 2003

I am Leto, Lion of Atreides
And if you are left handed? Just take it in the rear end?

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Jadaris posted:

What

I don't

Did anyone mention handedness or am I having a stroke

e: oh, flyboi did, kind of?

Soul Glo fucked around with this message at 05:17 on Feb 28, 2015

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

Jadaris posted:

Good thing I'm gay I guess? (rude)

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense

Soul Glo posted:

What

I don't

What hand you use to screw with also determines which end of the screwdriver to use. It goes like:

Clockwise threads right handed = pointy end
Counterlockwise threads right handed = handle
Clockwise threads left handed = pointy end
Counterlockwise threads left handed = handle

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Nolgthorn posted:

What hand you use to screw with also determines which end of the screwdriver to use. It goes like:

Clockwise threads right handed = pointy end
Counterlockwise threads right handed = handle
Clockwise threads left handed = pointy end
Counterlockwise threads left handed = handle

Great, now the screwdriver's in my rear end somehow.

I'm right handed, how did we get here?

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Well, you could always sadydf

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense

Soul Glo posted:

Great, now the screwdriver's in my rear end somehow.

I'm right handed, how did we get here?

Jadaris was right.

Jadaris
May 9, 2003

I am Leto, Lion of Atreides
I have Kid Icarus but haven't played it yet and am left handed that's why I asked ok god I guess I have to practice posting more

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I was able to manage Kid Icarus with the CPP back when it first came out, but Liberation Maiden is unplayable. :(:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I can't decide whether to play Link Between Worlds, Majora's Mask, Fire Emblem: Awakening, or pick up and play Fantasy Life. And there's always Monster Hunter lingering in the background too.

Halp :saddowns:

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Just keep buying games until...just keep buying games.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Ciaphas posted:

I can't decide whether to play Link Between Worlds, Majora's Mask, Fire Emblem: Awakening

Play them in that order because that's shortest to longest if I'm not mistaken

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Ciaphas posted:

I can't decide whether to play Link Between Worlds, Majora's Mask, Fire Emblem: Awakening, or pick up and play Fantasy Life. And there's always Monster Hunter lingering in the background too.

Halp :saddowns:

For some reason Awakening took me forever to play because I kept worrying about marrying off the right people and getting mad that raising Supports was done in a harder way. It's me, I'm the guy who wants a Fire Emblem Dating Sim.

Fantasy Life owns you should play that.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

I want all the Phoenix Wright games. All the old Layton games aren't on eShop right? Can I just jump in on that series or do I need to play the older titles?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Housh posted:

I want all the Phoenix Wright games. All the old Layton games aren't on eShop right? Can I just jump in on that series or do I need to play the older titles?

There isn't much story connection between the games, no. I'd still suggest playing them in order (or as many as you can get in order) because the puzzles (mostly) get better with every iteration (the first two have so many sliding block puzzles :negative: )

A remaster of the first Prof. Layton trilogy in 3D would be interesting...

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't

noirstronaut posted:

What even is Kid Icarus online? Do you shoot other Icarii?

Have you ever played KI:U at all? If not, it's a third person shooter with Smash Bros controls.

The online is Good For A Nintendo Game. You play either with people on your friends list or with randoms. You see randoms' names but can't communicate with them in any way, nor is there anything that identifies skill level like an ELO or even a CoD level system. There are two game modes, free for all and 3v3 teams. In 3v3 teams you are either white or black and you kill each other, each death depleting a shared team health bar. When your team's health bar runs out, the next guy that dies respawns as either Pit or Dark Pit, who has a random really beefy weapon and has like 4x normal health. When Pit/Dark Pit dies, the game is over.

The other mode is just deathmatch.

One thing is the gear issue: By the time you get to the end of the single player, you're getting weapons that have an order of magnitude (slight exaggeration) better stats than the ones you start with. Any weapons you find or make, either online or offline, are fair game in any game mode. This leads to sometimes getting wrecked by a guy just because his stuff is better than yours. That said, it's really neat to see a Nintendo take on a modern third-person shooter and it has really snappy, nice-feeling controls. The number of different playstyles in the game would really surprise you; there are 12 kinds of weapons and each one plays like a totally different character, with 12 different variants on each kind of weapon

Overall, as a multiplayer game, it has every bit as much charm as something like Mario Kart and seems to have pretty tight balance, but there's not too many maps and probably no more game modes forthcoming. With some iterating it could be really, scarily good.

Sade fucked around with this message at 06:30 on Feb 28, 2015

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Sade posted:

One thing is the gear issue: By the time you get to the end of the single player, you're getting weapons that have an order of magnitude (slight exaggeration) better stats than the ones you start with. Any weapons you find or make, either online or offline, are fair game in any game mode. This leads to sometimes getting wrecked by a guy just because his stuff is better than yours

Black club + Invisible Shots = Wall Hacks and across the map sniping. :suicide:

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Sade posted:

Have you ever played KI:U at all? If not, it's a third person shooter with Smash Bros controls.

The online is Good For A Nintendo Game. You play either with people on your friends list or with randoms. You see randoms' names but can't communicate with them in any way, nor is there anything that identifies skill level like an ELO or even a CoD level system. There are two game modes, free for all and 3v3 teams. In 3v3 teams you are either white or black and you kill each other, each death depleting a shared team health bar. When your team's health bar runs out, the next guy that dies respawns as either Pit or Dark Pit, who has a random really beefy weapon and has like 4x normal health. When Pit/Dark Pit dies, the game is over.

The other mode is just deathmatch.

One thing is the gear issue: By the time you get to the end of the single player, you're getting weapons that have an order of magnitude (slight exaggeration) better stats than the ones you start with. Any weapons you find or make, either online or offline, are fair game in any game mode. This leads to sometimes getting wrecked by a guy just because his stuff is better than yours. That said, it's really neat to see a Nintendo take on a modern third-person shooter and it has really snappy, nice-feeling controls. The number of different playstyles in the game would really surprise you; there are 12 kinds of weapons and each one plays like a totally different character, with 12 different variants on each kind of weapon

Overall, as a multiplayer game, it has every bit as much charm as something like Mario Kart and seems to have pretty tight balance, but there's not too many maps and probably no more game modes forthcoming. With some iterating it could be really, scarily good.

To be fair, the rating of the weapon determines how much health your team loses when you die, which is pretty cool

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Soul Glo posted:

What

I don't

no "kind of" about it

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Housh posted:

Phoenix Wright 2 has such a horrible slog 3rd act that it may sour you to reading things in games ever again. Jesus it was so drat slow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
The third case in JFA is a drag compared to the rest of the trilogy, but it's not as bad as people make it sound. It's just sandwiched between two much better cases and the fourth and final case of JFA is one of the best in the entire series so the payoff is worth it.