Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wjs5
Aug 22, 2009
Looks like they didnt take guns away from your soldiers even if you can no longer get that weapon for your faction.

Edit: Holy poo poo if your in a three way fight and one of the attacking teams hold one point it keeps the game going for all three and wont drop the assholes that dont have a point. (Objective)

wjs5 fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Feb 25, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.
All the soviet ATs and academy trained officers are now on sale.

Gerbil_Pen
Apr 6, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
I was able to log on last night. Something felt different with the planes (aiming was harder even with sensitivity way down) and in tanks any drastic turret turns became a jittering mess. Even the soldiers seemed a bit slower with the LMG... Or it was all in my imagination.

I was having trouble penetrating the Russian medium armor with a tank, and my brother had no luck with the panzerschrek.

I tried the RTS map but in the couple hours I played the Axis won 3 or 4 times by bottling the Allies and bum rushing the Soviets.

Triple A posted:

All the soviet ATs and academy trained officers are now on sale.

What took them so long?

wjs5
Aug 22, 2009

Gerbil_Pen posted:

I was able to log on last night. Something felt different with the planes (aiming was harder even with sensitivity way down) and in tanks any drastic turret turns became a jittering mess. Even the soldiers seemed a bit slower with the LMG... Or it was all in my imagination.

I was having trouble penetrating the Russian medium armor with a tank, and my brother had no luck with the panzerschrek.

I tried the RTS map but in the couple hours I played the Axis won 3 or 4 times by bottling the Allies and bum rushing the Soviets.

What took them so long?

My first couple of battles felt like that as well, but it felt normal after a few games agian. Maybe something was up with the servers?

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.

Gerbil_Pen posted:

What took them so long?

Honestly, I think Reto expected the russian players to throw loads of money at the Russian side and they didn't expect them to come short in the AT department. This sale is more or less them trying to both compensate this shortcoming and get some more funding.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Why is every loving soviet team loaded to the gills with anti-tank equipment? I never run into this many tellermine wielding jihadis against germany.

Freudian slippers
Jun 23, 2009
US Goon shocked and appalled to find that world is a dirty, unjust place

Right, so my Messerschmidt can now carry two types of ammo for my cannon. At least I think so, seeing as I can equip tow different types and two different types show up in the bottom right of the screen. Been waiting for this for quite some time. But how on earth am I supposed to change between them? Pressing 1/2 does not do anything. This is really frustrating, help me goons!

Edit: Whoa, I just unchecked one of the ammo types and now I can't check both of them. Perhaps it was a bug that allowed me to check two boxes?

Freudian slippers fucked around with this message at 09:56 on Feb 28, 2015

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.

Freudian slippers posted:

Right, so my Messerschmidt can now carry two types of ammo for my cannon. At least I think so, seeing as I can equip tow different types and two different types show up in the bottom right of the screen. Been waiting for this for quite some time. But how on earth am I supposed to change between them? Pressing 1/2 does not do anything. This is really frustrating, help me goons!

Edit: Whoa, I just unchecked one of the ammo types and now I can't check both of them. Perhaps it was a bug that allowed me to check two boxes?

Go send a bug report about that to Reto.

Freudian slippers
Jun 23, 2009
US Goon shocked and appalled to find that world is a dirty, unjust place

Well, as long as I'm not supposed to be allowed to equip 2 types, then I don't suppose it matters...

Gerbil_Pen
Apr 6, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

Freudian slippers posted:

Well, as long as I'm not supposed to be allowed to equip 2 types, then I don't suppose it matters...

Same thing happened to me - you can only have one selected though so it's more of a visual glitch than anything else.

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.
They probably should make it a feature by giving a 5 second switch time between the types of shell you can fire.

N17R4M
Aug 18, 2012

Because yes we actually DID want that land

Triple A posted:

They probably should make it a feature by giving a 5 second switch time between the types of shell you can fire.

Or let you mix them, like the drat things would have been.

But I'm not going to go into how things would have been.

*cough*
Actually amphibious russian tanks
75 round double drum magazines on the MG34s
Not front-heavy Kubelwagens
*cough*

The handling of the BMW R75 is spot on though :v:

N17R4M fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Feb 28, 2015

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

N17R4M posted:

Actually amphibious russian tanks

I drowned my very first tank the first time out. It was a very disappointing moment. Why does it have a goddamn propeller installed? Why?!

N17R4M
Aug 18, 2012

Nitrox posted:

I drowned my very first tank the first time out. It was a very disappointing moment. Why does it have a goddamn propeller installed? Why?!

So did I, the propeller even spins a little sometimes :argh:

wjs5
Aug 22, 2009

Great Beer posted:

Why is every loving soviet team loaded to the gills with anti-tank equipment? I never run into this many tellermine wielding jihadis against germany.

Strange as a soviet player almost no one on my teams ever has anti-tank anything. It keeps happening that the enemy team will have a Tiger 2 and we just have to avoid them as like one player will be able to hurt it.

edit: The PPD shoots like bbs or something I haven't really been liking it so far though I hear if you upgrade its fire rate it really helps the gun.

wjs5 fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Mar 2, 2015

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

wjs5 posted:

Strange as a soviet player almost no one on my teams ever has anti-tank anything. It keeps happening that the enemy team will have a Tiger 2 and we just have to avoid them as like one player will be able to hurt it.

edit: The PPD shoots like bbs or something I haven't really been liking it so far though I hear if you upgrade its fire rate it really helps the gun.
Anyone remotely competent on Soviet team has moved on to bigger and better classes. But in the beginning, everyone was heavily invested in AT because we barely had any tanks at all. Most of those guys are driving tanks and flying planes now.

The Yak is a fine aircraft, guys. 4 bombs at the start of a match allows me to carpet bomb more than 1 cap point. It gets really really expensive tho, an average match is 6-7k in repairs and ammo. The MG ammo is scarce, however. 150 per gun is barely enough to take down a para plane, and that's if you're a really good shot.

:(

Gerbil_Pen
Apr 6, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
I'm enjoying the Soviet anti-tank gun. An Allied plane missed me in a bombing run, I spun around and hit it with the BA anti-tank gun and POOF, plane went bye bye. It can take a half dozen shots on an actual light tank, but is a lot of fun on the lighter things.

wjs5
Aug 22, 2009
I keep wondering if when I pick up an enemies weapon and go around using it if my use counts against them. What i mean is do they have to pay to refill the ammo I use and pay to fix there weapon for my using it?

Gerbil_Pen
Apr 6, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

wjs5 posted:

I keep wondering if when I pick up an enemies weapon and go around using it if my use counts against them. What i mean is do they have to pay to refill the ammo I use and pay to fix there weapon for my using it?

I asked this once and was told that nobody gets charged for the repair and ammo while you use a stolen gun. Who knows though.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
A charge is processed when item is spawned, usually. When you spawn a new panzerfaust on your jeep, it counts against your ammo pool. When you refill your gun at the ammo box, it draws from that same ammo pool and charges you either immediately, or you have to pay to resupply it. When you drop the weapon, or have your tank stolen it's already paid for. You can resupply stolen weapons at ammo boxes and nobody gets charged. However tanks and planes will deplete the ammo and remain empty, while mounted boxes are outright unavailable.

I'm having a lot of problems jumping into the game that's about to end. I spawn plane/tank/jeep and get charged, only to be greeted with the * * * * * screen minutes later. I earn nothing from the match, because I haven't played long enough, but sure as poo poo get charged several hundred bucks for deploying that tank or whatever.

wjs5
Aug 22, 2009
I can only suggest you look at the state of the map or what ever before spawning your vehical. I have done that several times as a tanker or what not to just spawn on foot and get the lay of the land.

NEED TOILET PAPER
Mar 22, 2013

by XyloJW
Is this game worth getting back into now that the Soviets are around? I'm having some trouble getting Red Orchestra to work and want to scratch the shootymans itch.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
This is worse than Red Orchestra but it's cheap and has very interesting mechanics. It's also in pseudo beta so there's hope for improvment while RO is dead.

Commandante
Oct 1, 2009

Just trying out this game, always seemed interesting. Pretty fun so far, but not having other people to play with isn't cool.

Are people still playing this game?

DeliciousPatriotism
May 26, 2008
I actually grabbed it last night to give it a whirl, pretty surprised how fun it is for being f2p and at this point I'm not having an issue with balance, though I'm not even level 3 yet. Weapons have decent punch and I've noticed that (at least in the skirmishes) you can keep people pinned pretty easily with sustained fire. Play the game cautiously, use concealment and avoid meeting the other team head on and you'll be mulching kiddos in no time. Not sure what the heavy duty combined arms maps are like, tho.

I'm on the Soviets, screen name King_Parliament if anyone wants to gang up to goon out.

Mans posted:

This is worse than Red Orchestra but it's cheap and has very interesting mechanics. It's also in pseudo beta so there's hope for improvment while RO is dead.

Dunno about that, I'm still finding decent games with great ping and cooperative players.

DeliciousPatriotism fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Mar 19, 2015

N17R4M
Aug 18, 2012

I still play this with a group of friends, pretty much kitted out almost every class on the German side.

AmiEsiM
Dec 6, 2013

Always be yourself, unless you can be Batman.
Has anyone tried out the russian anti-tank bolt action rifle yet?

Gerbil_Pen
Apr 6, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

AmiEsiM posted:

Has anyone tried out the russian anti-tank bolt action rifle yet?

I played with it exclusively for a couple of weeks. Blowing up cars and planes with one or two shots? I'll take it.

Surprisingly it does well vs soldiers once you get used to it.

AmiEsiM
Dec 6, 2013

You have convinced me Girbil, im gonna start the grind for cash now. We shall shoot planes and drink vodka like glorious russians. Im Looking into an appropriate tattoo of Vladimir Putin to place upon my body in homage

Gerbil_Pen
Apr 6, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

AmiEsiM posted:

You have convinced me Girbil, im gonna start the grind for cash now. We shall shoot planes and drink vodka like glorious russians. Im Looking into an appropriate tattoo of Vladimir Putin to place upon my body in homage

It becomes more fun once you rank up the increased damage to lightly armored vehicles...

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
New map is looking nice

http://www.heroesandgenerals.com/community/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/Forward_Airfield_Minimap_1920px.jpg

Gerbil_Pen
Apr 6, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

When is this expected out?

AmiEsiM
Dec 6, 2013

i like maps like the town one, lookin forward to new map

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

Gerbil_Pen posted:

When is this expected out?
With the Utz update, no date yet. Check out the Dev stream videos on YouTube for more footage. They're also switching to inverse kinematics for character animations and allowing LMGs to be fired on the move.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
http://steamcommunity.com/games/HeroesAndGenerals/announcements/detail/213135331428716858

Update ‘Utz’ introducing the new Forward Airfield map is now live!
15 DE ABRIL - RETO.ROBOTRON3000
This brand-new update brings a much requested new feature – a brand new map! The update is named Utz (after General Willibald Utz[en.wikipedia.org]) and here’s a quick overview of the new features we’ve added for you to enjoy!

[https://www.heroesandgenerals.com]

New Features
New Map: Forward Airfield
The new map is an assault map called ‘Forward Airfield‘ and it represents the small forward airfields built all over Europe during the war. We have published a handful of blogposts detailing the objective on the map so click the links to learn more about 'the village church', 'the bridge and village' & 'the airstrip' itself.

Weapon Tweaks
We have made a handful of tweaks to weapon handling of grenades, semi-auto rifles and LMGs. Read more about the tweaks here!

Character Update
This update also brings an update to the characters in the game. They now look much better running and when standing on sloped terrain due to the improved IK and banking. We have also adjusted the control of the character while jumping to make it look and feel better.

There is of course much more happening in the build, so continue reading for more details…

Other Changes
Here is a list of some additional features in the Utz update.
Vehicle AT crates now spawn with the first weapon ready
Weather Settings tweaked and updated
Performance optimization of visual effects
Performance optimization of campaign map (esp. visible when having many ATs)
Combat Badge tweaks – see changelog in forum for details
…and much more…

Mobile Command
Mobile Command on Android has been updated to support the newly added the Utz build. We’re still waiting for the final confirmation on the iOS version.

For a more detailed changelog take a look at: this forum thread or jump straight into the action and see for yourself!

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
WEAPON TWEAKS
Grenades now prime faster
This means that the time from when you start pressing the ‘firef’ button and until you can throw the grenade is much shorter

Semi-Auto Rifle Tweaks
Less sway from moving
Less aim penalty per bullet

Machinegun Tweaks
You can now begin shooting while running (not sprinting), but you will instantly begin walking giving a more natural transition.

Water impacts & Explosions
All water impacts and explosions have been tweak so they both perform better and look better.

Scoped Rifle ammunition now has smaller tracer
So you can still see your own shots and where they land, but they don’t give your position away

Oh! And by the way… When you get to the point where you decide that a crate of Panzerfausts is a better accessory for your vehicle than fuzzy dice – they now always spawn with the first one ready to pick up. This is a minor thing but f.ex helps to combat enemies spawn camping with vehicles.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
There's no way to switch to single fire is it? I looked in the controls and i didn't find anything.

Gerbil_Pen
Apr 6, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

Mans posted:

There's no way to switch to single fire is it? I looked in the controls and i didn't find anything.

No.

This is the most basic of arcade games.

Firstkind
Apr 10, 2015

by 2017 exmarx
The PTRD can now single shot Jeeps with a silver Infantry First Badge and a hit in the engine block. I was doing it all day. Prepare for that to become a thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gerbil_Pen
Apr 6, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

Firstkind posted:

The PTRD can now single shot Jeeps with a silver Infantry First Badge and a hit in the engine block. I was doing it all day. Prepare for that to become a thing.

Wasn't it always with gold IF?

• Locked thread