Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

To where no dog has gone before.

Exclamation Marx posted:

Dude can't catch a break :(

It's also on fire under Widows boob.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

TheJoker138 posted:

It's based on comics that apparently pretty good, and being executive produced by Rob Thomas, so it'll probably be at least ok. And the show's not really "about" zombies, and she's not even really a traditional zombie. She's undead, and works in a morgue where she eats peoples brains to get their memories and solve their murders.

Pushing Daisies 2

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Leper Residue posted:

It's also on fire under Widows boob.

Yeah, I just bet you were looking for the Ultron in the background there. :rolleyes:

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

zenintrude posted:

Pushing Daisies 2

Piemaker touches dead people and asks them questions. This girl sees their memories after eating their brains, and probably does not live in a Wes Anderson movie. Totally different. However, like Anna Friel, Rose McIver is another undead woman after my heart (and also brains).

Some more TV posters.

Salem. Never watched it, but I heard it is totally insane. The poster seems to reflect that.

Agents of SHIELD Mid-Season 2 Premier poster. Really doesn't need two Chloe Bennets in a poster with only 4 characters on it.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

TheJoker138 posted:

It's based on comics that apparently pretty good, and being executive produced by Rob Thomas, so it'll probably be at least ok. And the show's not really "about" zombies, and she's not even really a traditional zombie. She's undead, and works in a morgue where she eats peoples brains to get their memories and solve their murders.

And apparently they changed the character's name. In the comics it's Gwen Dylan, in the show it's Olivia "Liv" Moore. ("Liv Moore" geddit?)

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

zenintrude posted:

Pushing Daisies 2

I loving wish.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

Rob Thomas of Matchbox Twenty?

I thought he was in an insane asylum with Sinbad.

Nah, Sinbad's out! He does a lot of standup now, he's pretty good.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I thought Sinbad was lost in deep space with some stoner from Virginia.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

Rob Thomas of Matchbox Twenty?

I thought he was in an insane asylum with Sinbad.

Not anymore. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9QOulJVZsc

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

The MSJ posted:

Another Power Ranger in something really violent.

They really nailed the Mike Allred eyes.

Punc
Nov 3, 2009

Ass to Ass.
Came across this gem earlier today:

I guess they succeeded in their mission since I picked it up going 'wtf is this poo poo".

ShufflerZero
Mar 21, 2009

75: The Noir Title Recycling Project Returns (Part 2 of 4)

Dark City

Detour

GunCrazy

I Love Trouble

No Way Out

ShufflerZero
Mar 21, 2009

Punc posted:

Came across this gem earlier today:

I guess they succeeded in their mission since I picked it up going 'wtf is this poo poo".

Also know as 'Disaster!', the most appropriate description ever.

and here's the hilarious trailer which is not safe for work or human consumption.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

This just looks like a Baroness album.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Edit: poo poo, I misread the poster.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

The MSJ posted:

Piemaker touches dead people and asks them questions. This girl sees their memories after eating their brains, and probably does not live in a Wes Anderson movie. Totally different. However, like Anna Friel, Rose McIver is another undead woman after my heart (and also brains).

Some more TV posters.

Salem. Never watched it, but I heard it is totally insane. The poster seems to reflect that.

I wish Salem was a bit better than it actually is.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I want a thing about witches where someone who's not a witch brings up Salem and all the real witches laugh and call them an idiot because the entire point of Salem was that a bunch of innocent, non-witch women got burnt to death for no reason because people are so panicky and stupid.

SetPhazers2Funk
Jan 27, 2008

Good, bad, I'm the one with the gun.

TheJoker138 posted:

I want a thing about witches where someone who's not a witch brings up Salem and all the real witches laugh and call them an idiot because the entire point of Salem was that a bunch of innocent, non-witch women got burnt to death for no reason because people are so panicky and stupid.

I think this is mentioned in American Horror Story Coven

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

TheJoker138 posted:

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

TheJoker138 posted:

The Harry Potter books mentions a witch who would intentionally get caught because she would use a spell that rendered the flames harmless and instead provided a tickling sensations which she enjoyed.
They also had to write an essay called "Witch Burning in the Fourteenth Century Was Completely Pointless".

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

zenintrude posted:

Pushing Daisies 2

I hope not, as I'd like to be able to watch more than half an episode without vomiting. And before you start, this is not an exaggeration for humour or an attempt to pass criticism. I genuinely had to stop watching the pilot after maybe 25 minutes because it was making me physically ill. I don't know why; I've never reacted like that to visual stimulus before or since.

Facepalm Ranger
Jan 17, 2012

SOME PEOPLE FIND HOME APPLIANCES SEXUALLY AROUSING! ZORDS ARE NOT APPLIANCES, DAMMIT!

The MSJ posted:

Japanese Birdman poster.

Why are Japanese poster almost always awesome? :allears: it miss sells the movie but still looks cool.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Jedit posted:

I hope not, as I'd like to be able to watch more than half an episode without vomiting. And before you start, this is not an exaggeration for humour or an attempt to pass criticism. I genuinely had to stop watching the pilot after maybe 25 minutes because it was making me physically ill. I don't know why; I've never reacted like that to visual stimulus before or since.

Maybe you should mention that to your doctor sometime.

Pingiivi
Mar 26, 2010

Straight into the iris!

Facepalm Ranger posted:

Why are Japanese poster almost always awesome? :allears: it miss sells the movie but still looks cool.

The european poster is that but without the Birdman and it's in black and white. It's really nice.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Zakku Garifinaakisu.

Facepalm Ranger
Jan 17, 2012

SOME PEOPLE FIND HOME APPLIANCES SEXUALLY AROUSING! ZORDS ARE NOT APPLIANCES, DAMMIT!

Mister Chief posted:

Zakku Garifinaakisu.

That's like racist dude.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

MikeJF posted:

Maybe you should mention that to your doctor sometime.

Yeah, I mean I managed to watch Irreversible without pausing and Noel intentionally added a sound that supposedly makes people vomit in that movie.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Alhazred posted:

Yeah, I mean I managed to watch Irreversible without pausing and Noel intentionally added a sound that supposedly makes people vomit in that movie.

what

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

quote:

The first 30 minutes of the film has a background noise with a frequency of 28Hz (low frequency, almost inaudible), similar to the noise produced by an earthquake. In humans, it causes nausea, sickness and vertigo. It was the main cause of people walking out of the theaters during the first part of the film in places like Cannes and San Sebastian. In fact, it was added with the purpose of getting this reaction.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Yeah, that's why they walked out.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Mister Chief posted:

Yeah, that's why they walked out.

It's amazing that Gaspar Noe had the gall to claim he'd added the brown note to his latest movie about hating women when people didn't like it.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Jedit posted:

It's amazing that Gaspar Noe had the gall to claim he'd added the brown note to his latest movie about hating women when people didn't like it.

Honestly, I didn't even know about it but I felt nauseous during the opening. Not enough to pause it or throw up but the first minutes was pretty grueling.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
I wish the brown note was a real thing.

Distorted Kiwi
Jun 11, 2014

"C'mon! Let's tune our weapons!"
Poster Six- (Okay, Seven-) Pack: Everybody was Kung-Fu Fighting!

Jaguar is so tough, he's throwing a kick with a horribly broken ankle. Or the poster artist just can't draw feet.

That tagline is hardly a threat, to be frank.

Optical illusion time! Can YOU see the five hidden ninjas in this poster?

AKA "Fight For Survival", "The Fight for Shaolin Tamo Mystique" or most brilliantly, "Don't Bleed On Me".

The tagline is either genius or the worst pun of 1977.

FIGHT!

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

All this kung fu reminded me of something.

More posters need to say "my action star beat up your action star."

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Hawkguy poster.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

The MSJ posted:

Hawkguy poster.

The middle of a battle seems a poor time to be overwhelmed with ennui.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Pg. 747: GET OFF MY PLANE

Steven Segal's best movie.

Always bet on black, unless that black is Wesley Snipes. Then plea bargain for a lesser sentence.

Snakes on a Plane? Can't get more dumb tha...

nevermind.

The one that started it all

Surely you must be joking.

I don't care what anyone says, I love the Airplane sequel, if only because it's directed by the guy who did the canadian series The Newsroom.

My dad's coming home July 14th!

back to back Cage action.

Taken on a Plane!

Whatever we do, we do NOT want to draw attention to the name of this movie. Got it? Good.

This movie was not as good as Olympus Has Fallen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011