Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Deep Hurting
Jan 19, 2006

mdemone posted:

Rand Paul looks more like Beavis to me.

See, I thought that was well, but Trump's catchphrase involves fire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

CPAC Straw Poll Candidates (17)

Senator Rand Paul
Former U.N. Ambassador John Bolton
former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush
retired surgeon Dr. Ben Carson,
New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie
Sen. Ted Cruz of Texas
businesswoman Carly Fiorina
Sen. Lindsey Graham of South Carolina
former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee
Gov. Bobby Jindal of Louisiana
former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin
former New York Gov. George Pataki
former Texas Gov. Rick Perry
Donald Trump
Sen. Marco Rubio of Florida
former Sen. Rick Santorum
Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker

I know I'm preaching to the choir and all, but what. A. Field. Hold a gun to my head and ... I guess Jeb gets through? (If those are the 17 options).

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
Any guesses on the special guests for tomorrow?

I'm hoping for GWB to come out to this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frDamZjCbkI

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Meg From Family Guy posted:

There is a non-negligible amount of Republicans who truly believe that Obama will refuse to give up the presidency in 2016

They would be right, he'll be giving it up in 2017.

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

Don't want to end up a cartoon

In a cartoon graveyard

SedanChair posted:

Any guesses on the special guests for tomorrow?

I'm hoping for GWB to come out to this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frDamZjCbkI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLBUd3r1y3I

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Scott Walker actually had a very prestigious job before governor

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

He used Wisconsin's economy's special parts to make his robot friends :ohdear:

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

If you're impugning the work of the esteemed Joel Hodgson, then it's pistols at dawn, sir :argh:

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Deep Hurting posted:

I guess Trump is Beavis.

Naw man, Darrell Issa.

I mean he's not running but -

quote:

Adkins said Issa appeared to prepare for a fire by increasing the fire insurance policy by 462% three weeks previously, and by removing computer equipment holding accounting and customer information. St. Paul Insurance, suspicious of arson and insurance fraud, initially paid only $25,000, according to Issa.[9]

Fire! Fire! Yes! This rules!

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "

ahhhh poo poo why you gotta show me stuff like that

Deep Hurting
Jan 19, 2006

Chokes McGee posted:

He used Wisconsin's economy's special parts to make his robot friends :ohdear:

Yeah, I thought before that Walker looked sort of like Joel Hodgson with some kind of mentally-impairing birth defect, but decided that was still totally unfair to Hodgson.

One of the robot puppets would, in all likelihood, make a better President. And be less susceptible to manipulation by the Koch brothers.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Deep Hurting posted:

Yeah, I thought before that Walker looked sort of like Joel Hodgson with some kind of mentally-impairing birth defect, but decided that was still totally unfair to Hodgson.

One of the robot puppets would, in all likelihood, make a better President. And be less susceptible to manipulation by the Koch brothers.

In the selfie he tweeted I thought he looked like Jon Hamm, if Jon Hamm were a double-chinned schlub who received an experimental brain transplant of cheese curds and sawdust. Other photos, not so much, thankfully, he just looks like a far-below-average politician who has a habit of waking up in the middle of giving the State of the State address. And has the bed-head to go with it.

Normally I'd feel bad, like I should be saying that we're above making fun of how this guy looks like such a moron, like we're just one step away from being like Fox News until we publish a Photoshop of him looking slightly walleyed (or would we even really need to do that? I need to take a closer look at his photos). But it turns out his looks are part of the complete package, so I guess I don't care so much. He says more than enough to look like an idiot on his own.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Deep Hurting posted:

I hope you're talking about Gypsy because I don't want Crow anywhere near The Button.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

mooyashi posted:

ahhhh poo poo why you gotta show me stuff like that

He might as well be a charismatic swami with a penetrating, hypnotic gaze compared to Walker's pissholes he calls eyes.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Peak Huckabee?

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

Joementum posted:

Peak Huckabee?

Ain't a Huckabee alive that can eat at Taco Bell for $7.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Joementum posted:

Peak Huckabee?

Did Huckster pay for that email, or did a food bank pay Huckster to send that email?

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
Scott Walker: The most significant foreign policy decision that occurred during my lifetime was...

WingsOfSteel
Nov 13, 2007

Even Dr. Octopus can learn something from the Internet!

Chokes McGee posted:

I hope you're talking about Gypsy because I don't want Crow anywhere near The Button.

Watch Tom Servo start a loving war (with Canada).

Freudian
Mar 23, 2011

So he does have a field of expertise!

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Well given that a qualification for fighting ISIS is breaking up public sector unions, of course it would logically go the other way too.

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY
He's setting a pretty high standard of stupid for the next flash in the pan.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Jesus Christ. I'm beginning to think it was more than personal reasons he didn't graduate college.

more friedman units
Jul 7, 2010

The next six months will be critical.

Aliquid posted:

Jesus Christ. I'm beginning to think it was more than personal reasons he didn't graduate college.

Are there any issues he can't link back to union busting? The man is outright stupid.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

i would support scott walker for president of the USA

but then again i am an accellerationist

Dr. Tough
Oct 22, 2007

Goddamn. How does one fumble a softball like that. That's not even a softball, it's a pile of feathers. Like he couldn't have said something like "Bush 41's handling of the fall of the USSR"?

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
Wh-foreign policy?? That reporter was probably expecting some platitudes about the Brandenburg Gate speech and then gold fell into their lap.

e: Holy crap it wasn't a reporter they were savaging him at Club For Growth :lol:

woke wedding drone fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Feb 28, 2015

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

it is a terrible feeling when you realise that you are legitimately much smarter than powerful elected officials. like, "could do a better job by that attribute alone"-smarter. goddamn

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

I suddenly feel like I could be a Governor someday if I really wanted to try. What the gently caress?

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.

Chadderbox posted:

I suddenly feel like I could be a Governor someday if I really wanted to try. What the gently caress?

Both he and Ryan have been either on wingnut welfare or elected officials since leaving university.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

V. Illych L. posted:

it is a terrible feeling when you realise that you are legitimately much smarter than powerful elected officials. like, "could do a better job by that attribute alone"-smarter. goddamn

That was actually one of the big things that came out of the Watergate scandal. Prior to that people tended to put politicians on a pedestal and assume they were made of sterner intellectual and moral stuff than everyone else.

Then Nixon's tapes came out, and everyone could hear for themselves what a bunch of petty morons were running the country. National politicians haven't gotten the same level of deference since.

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

Chadderbox posted:

It really is scary how moronic many of our elected officials are. I'm almost certain you could put a small child in charge of these states and there wouldn't be much difference. In fact, they may turn out better.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Ok, Scott Walker has to Punking America now. This is going to be like Penn running against Lewis in Alpha House, where Walker finally reaches the point when he quits on air because people are taking him seriously. It has to be. No one can possibly be so dumb as to volunteer that scenario without it even being an answer to a question.

sat on my keys!
Oct 2, 2014

Chadderbox posted:

How good at you at taking orders and giving speeches about the need to destroy the Hated Other?

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

V. Illych L. posted:

I reiterate, potato with a big red R glued to it. But the potato wouldn't give an answer this bad.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich
Oh, Walker, you're the Rudi Giulliani of 2016

A mythical Giulliani who can straddle between tea party and establishment acceptability because he never forgot to bust wisconsin unions

Al Harrington
May 1, 2005

I used to be an adventurer like you, then I took an arrow in the eye

Gyges posted:

Ok, Scott Walker has to Punking America now. This is going to be like Penn running against Lewis in Alpha House, where Walker finally reaches the point when he quits on air because people are taking him seriously. It has to be. No one can possibly be so dumb as to volunteer that scenario without it even being an answer to a question.

The man looks like Jimmy Kimmel's retarded half-brother in every photo of him available, I seriously believe him to be borderline retarded.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Yea Walker is just legitimately a really ignorant guy who thinks that like in his home state 'I HATE UNIONS THOUGH' is enough for him to squeak through a national win.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Al Harrington posted:

The man looks like Jimmy Kimmel's retarded half-brother in every photo of him available, I seriously believe him to be borderline retarded.

Fetal alcohol syndrome is rough

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Deteriorata posted:

That was actually one of the big things that came out of the Watergate scandal. Prior to that people tended to put politicians on a pedestal and assume they were made of sterner intellectual and moral stuff than everyone else.

Then Nixon's tapes came out, and everyone could hear for themselves what a bunch of petty morons were running the country. National politicians haven't gotten the same level of deference since.
For most presidential candidates, I have the feeling they are at least above average in intelligence. Even W. just wasn't very articulate - and perhaps not intellectually curious. But he wasn't "dumb" except perhaps in comparison to Al Gore. Similarly, other people may be insane but they aren't necessarily 'stupid'.

I don't think this is true for Walker. I think Walker is just a dumb-rear end.

But he'd sign what they put in front of him, which is the primary purpose of a Republican president, so.

• Locked thread