Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SavTargaryen
Sep 11, 2011
Soooo. Are we gonna get a Mac's dad breaks out episode, or The Gang Attends a Funeral episode?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Pharmaskittle posted:

I'd be very happy with a 25-30 minute show. This last one, specifically, needed like five more minutes to really shine. I still loved it regardless, but it could've used another scene or two.

I don't have FXX, so I just watch the episodes after they've aired. Does anybody that has the channel know if this is a 'thing' with shows on FXX? Like, less run time, more commercials crammed in?

I am really looking forward to next week's episode. I saw a clip of it from when DeVito was recently on a talk show and I absolutely love Family Feud (dunno if I should spoiler that, but just in case people don't want to be spoiled on next week's plot)

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Isn't sunny FXX's most popular show by a considerable margin? Not surprised they try to cram in as many commercials as possible.

In some of the commentary tracks the guys complain about not being able to do longer episodes due to run time considerations, they even changed the opening sequence back at season 7 to shave off a few seconds and add some more time for funny bits.

Nelson Mandela
Jun 4, 2007

SO SHINY
SO CHROME

emanresu tnuocca posted:

...they even changed the opening sequence back at season 7 to shave off a few seconds and add some more time for funny bits.

This pissed me off at the time and I still notice it, like the opening credits don't seem right somehow.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
They didn't just shave bits of the opening off - they had to reshoot the whole thing, scene for scene, IIRC because of transferring the show to HD. In one of the commentary tracks they talk about how impressed they were with how the two sequence matched almost perfectly.

Frink
Jun 17, 2005

Spoeank posted:

"There is no way that I am dating a retarded person."
Yeah, this week's title card is right up there. Oh, and "Frank Sets Sweet Dee on Fire" :supaburn:
Speaking of retarded, shaving shows to the bone or even speeding them up is just... well.

Potzblitz!
Jan 20, 2005

Kung-Fu fighter
Hahah I work at the prison they used for the establishing shots in this episode. It's a former Stasi prison in Berlin. What an odd loving choice.

neckbeard
Jan 25, 2004

Oh Bambi, I cried so hard when those hunters shot your mommy...
Y'all can suck a dick, cuz Sweet Dee beat the system :smug:

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

"Sweet Dee gets audited"

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I've watched episodes of this show here and there over the years and really enjoyed them, but never settled down to actually watch a full season. A friend kept raving about it so finally I just decided to settle in and slowly work my way through the seasons.

Less than 2 weeks later I'm caught up on 10 seasons of the show and I desperately want more. This is an insanely good show and I can't believe it took me so long to get to it... though I'm concerned that much concentrated Sunny can't have been good for my mental health.

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

I've watched episodes of this show here and there over the years and really enjoyed them, but never settled down to actually watch a full season. A friend kept raving about it so finally I just decided to settle in and slowly work my way through the seasons.

Less than 2 weeks later I'm caught up on 10 seasons of the show and I desperately want more. This is an insanely good show and I can't believe it took me so long to get to it... though I'm concerned that much concentrated Sunny can't have been good for my mental health.

I'm currently rewatching all of IASIP, and it's still a blast. Definitely a show you can watch multiple times.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

neckbeard posted:

Y'all can suck a dick, cuz Sweet Dee beat the system :smug:

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene

Potzblitz! posted:

Hahah I work at the prison they used for the establishing shots in this episode. It's a former Stasi prison in Berlin. What an odd loving choice.

Charlie Day is currently in Rohstock filming Hellboy III. They needed a place where they could find a lot of Nazis to use as extras

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Shbobdb posted:

Charlie Day is currently in Rohstock filming Hellboy III. They needed a place where they could find a lot of Nazis to use as extras

Whoa whoa whoa, Hellboy III is finally happening?? And Charlie is in it?!?! :allears:

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Sometimes an episode is shorter because after editing, that is how it works. Sometimes they are a little longer. For instance, episode 2 this season was over 23 minutes long, and that is long for a sitcom.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Shbobdb posted:

Charlie Day is currently in Rohstock filming Hellboy III.

Holy poo poo that's great news, is Del Toro directing?

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Shbobdb posted:

Jerusalem posted:

Holy poo poo that's great news, is Del Toro directing?

Ok yeah Shbobdb, you can't just drop news like that and not post a link. I can't find anything about Hellboy 3 actually happening...

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

There is no Hellboy 3. I'm guessing someone's confusing it for something else.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Deadpool posted:

There is no Hellboy 3. I'm guessing someone's confusing it for something else.

You should probate him for getting our hopes up. :mad:

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Shbobdb posted:

You can go gently caress yourself in your fat loving rear end in a top hat.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Calm down now, it was probably just a simple mistake. No need to be a big mean jerk or anything.

overtone
Jul 26, 2001
t(o_ot)
It's probably Pacific Rim 2.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Charlie Day is currently in Berlin trying to sell Hitler's dog paintings (of debatable authenticity).

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

I need this shirt

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

"Where are your breasts?"
"In my face."

Maureen Ponderosa would have made a good McPoyle, even if her blood isn't pure.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Big Mean Jerk posted:

overtone posted:

It's probably Pacific Rim 2.

Indeed

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.

Jerusalem posted:

A few years ago, one of my friends picked up a few seasons on DVD for cheap once, and we watched a few episodes. I later binged through the whole series in about the same amount of time. I was going through some really bad depression at the time, and I give a lot of credit to Sunny for helping me through it. It really cheered me up, honestly.

NakedWithCandy
Sep 22, 2014
Dennis looks like his hair is graying or something.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

NakedWithCandy posted:

Dennis looks like his hair is graying or something.

He has the hair of a greek god

NakedWithCandy
Sep 22, 2014
Good season, but the creampie thing was stupid.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

NakedWithCandy posted:

Good season, but the creampie thing was stupid.

jesus you scared me

there are 3 eps left

sleepy gary
Jan 11, 2006

You'll change your mind once we start feeding our creampies to little kids and you see how happy they are.

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I haven't laughed that hard at an episode title since " Dennis and Dee Go On Welfare". That was amazing.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Dennis should play Christian Grey in the next 50 Shades movie.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene

NakedWithCandy posted:

Good season, and the creampie thing was hilarious.

FTFY

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
I was at the point of laughing too hard to breathe at Frank's delivery of "sack of poo poo", he's just so pleased with himself! So good.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

This is horrifying.

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006
Rob and Glen are on the newest Nerdist podcast if you're like me and only listen sporadically. It's a pretty good listen.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Thumbtacks posted:

This is horrifying.

if by horrifying you mean amazing, then yes.

That would make an awesome avatar. Can someone make that avatar size if possible?

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

That would make an awesome avatar. Can someone make that avatar size if possible?

What are the current avatar specs again?

Edit: This is 150x150 and a hair below 100kB

mcbexx fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Mar 1, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
Does anyone else have trouble introducing new people to this show? A problem I run into is that the first season and change isn't that great, so anyone starting there will probably think there isn't anything special about the show. But if you start with a random episode, I find that people don't really get it, which I can kind of see because a lot of the humor comes from being very familiar with the characters and style of the show. I've heard from more than one person that they tried to watch but didn't like it because "it's just a bunch of angry yelling."

SweetMercifulCrap! fucked around with this message at 07:11 on Mar 1, 2015