Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Veg
Oct 13, 2008

:smug::smug::xd:
Anything secret I should be doing to get the 'I'm The Strongest On Earth' soul from the pq? I've done it like 10 times now, mostly z-ranking it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

I am so glad I read this thread because I was going to write this game off. Now I cant stop playing it.

Could use an invite to the steam group as well http://steamcommunity.com/id/furnaceface

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

New Leaf posted:

I'm getting achievements? I got several, for beating the game and getting the 4 star ball from memory, unless you're saying those don't sync up to your account when you reconnect. And if they don't.. who cares about my arbitrary Steam e-peen anyway? Nobody looks at that poo poo.

They sync up when you reconnect.

Cruel Rose
May 27, 2010

saaave gotham~
come on~
DO IT, BATMAN
FUCKING BATMAN I FUCKING HATE YOU
This game was worth the money

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Veg posted:

Anything secret I should be doing to get the 'I'm The Strongest On Earth' soul from the pq? I've done it like 10 times now, mostly z-ranking it

Not to my knowledge.. I just did it over and over.

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

New Leaf posted:

Not to my knowledge.. I just did it over and over.

Ahhh, I'll just pull RNG's condom out of my rear end and keep trying then

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Veg posted:

I gave up. :saddowns:

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Veg posted:

Ffffffuck that

Focacciasaurus_Rex
Dec 13, 2010
If you want some REAL rng screw, you should try rolling to see if you can even play or not.

30 minutes trying to just play single player and no luck. Being forced to connect to the server suuucks.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.
Well, this was on my list to wait out and see if the price would drop, but nah, good goon reviews and hoping the playerbase won't completely evaporate before I get a crack at it pushed me over. Downloading now.

If I can please get an invite as well, I'd appreciate it. Thanks

http://steamcommunity.com/id/CzarChasmSA/

CzarChasm fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Feb 28, 2015

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

Focacciasaurus_Rex posted:

If you want some REAL rng screw, you should try rolling to see if you can even play or not.

30 minutes trying to just play single player and no luck. Being forced to connect to the server suuucks.

Supposedly starting the game from offline mode in steam works.

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

Focacciasaurus_Rex posted:

Does the pc version force netplay? Because my ps4 does single player and lets you host/join in player hosted pq's

nvm no cake
Feb 27, 2011

You can play offline just fine. All you have to do is restart steam in offline mode. If you don't want to do that, yes, you have to be connected to the server to play, but you can still play in a single player lobby if you wish.

-Fish-
Oct 10, 2005

Glub glub.
Glub glub.

One of the Time Patrollers I keep running to has this Super that's a big ring of green electricity. Can't remember the name, but it had Electricity or Electric in it. Anybody know how to get that?

Prophecy120
Feb 4, 2003

God Bless the Enclave! God Bless America!
Trying to play some friendly 1 vs 1 online battles, but it is a never-ending stream of level 60-80 Death Ball spammers or kids playing as SSJ4 Gojeta. The few rare cases of actually finding a fair, even-leveled fight they have been really fun. I really hope they do some work to the PVP matchmaking, not being able to see someones level in a public lobby is pretty retarded.

Prophecy120
Feb 4, 2003

God Bless the Enclave! God Bless America!

-Fish- posted:

One of the Time Patrollers I keep running to has this Super that's a big ring of green electricity. Can't remember the name, but it had Electricity or Electric in it. Anybody know how to get that?

I don't know how to get it, but I believe that is one of Android 17's ultimates.

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

Is anyone else playing on PS3?

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
made myself a majin buu lady and her throw is possibly the greatest thing in the game??

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

made myself a majin buu lady and her throw is possibly the greatest thing in the game??

I love just how giddy they look when they smack a fuckin super saiyan or Cell in the head.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
I've been getting better drops recently, now that I'm not grinding Super Vegeta. Got Big Bang Attack and the next level Energy Charge to drop on the first PQ. Now I just need to get Vegeta (Freeza Saga) pants. I noticed that if you pick a skintight bottom, the torso of saiyan armor will have the tail and stuff attached, so I've been using Ginyu Pants since they are just spandex. Finally got my Do Not Steal Saiyan looking where I want it.

I wish there was custom colored Saiyan Armor, though.

Currently rocking the Break Cannon, too, because loving Mouth Beam.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

Firstborn posted:

I've been getting better drops recently, now that I'm not grinding Super Vegeta. Got Big Bang Attack and the next level Energy Charge to drop on the first PQ. Now I just need to get Vegeta (Freeza Saga) pants. I noticed that if you pick a skintight bottom, the torso of saiyan armor will have the tail and stuff attached, so I've been using Ginyu Pants since they are just spandex. Finally got my Do Not Steal Saiyan looking where I want it.

I wish there was custom colored Saiyan Armor, though.

Currently rocking the Break Cannon, too, because loving Mouth Beam.

Cannot wait for that poo poo to be modded in

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

Xenoverse 2 wishes:

More poo poo
Let me color everything
Let me make fat versions for men and women
Yajirobe
Working stable servers

Jato
Dec 21, 2009

Oh my loving god. Is there a trick to keeping NPCs alive? I am doing this story mission with Gohan and Krillin and they keep getting their asses kicked and making me fail it. Am I just not beating dudes up fast enough?

UberJumper
May 20, 2007
woop
How do i charge super attacks? I hold down the button that causes the attack, but it doesn't seem to get stronger.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Anyone found really good skills for doing a pure basic melee build? Super Drain (the only stamina drain I have right now), Fighting Pose E (atk boost), and Final Pose (evasion with atk boost) are all I really have right now that help the build.

It really bums me out that Super Saiyan isn't really useful for this build since male Saiyans get a bonus to basic atk damage.

Also, how does Dancing Parapara work? It seems like people were saying it does a stun if you time it right but I have not been able to do that.

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

Even if you're human, the saiyan suits still have tails.

I am wearing someone else's tail.

eww

Dackel
Sep 11, 2014

UberJumper posted:

How do i charge super attacks? I hold down the button that causes the attack, but it doesn't seem to get stronger.

It has to say it's chargeable. Also some charge by tapping the button repeatedly for some reason.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

cams posted:

Anyone found really good skills for doing a pure basic melee build? Super Drain (the only stamina drain I have right now), Fighting Pose E (atk boost), and Final Pose (evasion with atk boost) are all I really have right now that help the build.

It really bums me out that Super Saiyan isn't really useful for this build since male Saiyans get a bonus to basic atk damage.

Also, how does Dancing Parapara work? It seems like people were saying it does a stun if you time it right but I have not been able to do that.

Wanna beat the poo poo out of people

Kaioken x 20

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Tatum Girlparts posted:

I love just how giddy they look when they smack a fuckin super saiyan or Cell in the head.

i also like how shocked and pissed off the victim looks

Hip-Hoptimus Rhyme
Mar 19, 2009

Gods don't make mistakes

AtrociousToaster posted:

Oh my loving god. Is there a trick to keeping NPCs alive? I am doing this story mission with Gohan and Krillin and they keep getting their asses kicked and making me fail it. Am I just not beating dudes up fast enough?

If the mission is the one I'm thinking of, I'm stuck there too . I've been switching between enemies trying to keep them off the allies. Of course, this would be moot if i could just revive them.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

Firstborn posted:

Finally got Super Vegeta to drop.

If it helps, it seems you have to finish it before the clock hits 8 minutes in order for Vegeta to transform. I got him to transform 3 times in a row with this. The clock starts at 15, so you don't have a lot of time to make it work.

Couple of pages later but I want to say that I don't think this is true, since I beat Frieza many times before 8 minutes and out of the 10 or so times I did it today, Vegeta only went SSJ twice, and on the second time I finally got the stupid loving drop.

I probably did the PQ about 30 times total over the last two days, same as you. I'm convinced that some things in this game are largely random and there isn't much you can do to change it. However, I do think ultimate attacks have some effect on what items you get since I swear every time I would hit Frieza with an ultimate attack while Goku says "I am Goku, I am a Super Saiyan!" during battle I would get the little popup message telling me I received an equip item and lo and behold it was the "I'm Super Saiyan Goku!" Z-soul. I was able to replicate it 5 times while grinding.

So for Vegeta to transform it might not be an ultimate attack but it's something equally dumb that you have to do during the battle, like land a 20+ hit combo on Frieza 3 times or something after Vegeta shows up. Hopefully one day someone will figure out all the requirements and it will save everyone the headaches of having to grind these things over and over again.

nvm no cake
Feb 27, 2011

AtrociousToaster posted:

If it's the mission where you're Ginyu, just do your best to kill everything really quickly. Spam the gently caress out of Milky Cannon or whatever it is. Also, when Guldo shows up, make sure to stay up in his face and kill him quick so he doesn't have time to damage the others.

cams posted:

I was having the same issue with it. I finally got it to work by getting right up in their face and then activating it. Also, it seems if your allies hit them while they're stunned, it cancels the stun and you're just stuck doing the dance until it ends.

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

AtrociousToaster posted:

If it's the freeza saga 20 man rush get into the center area or follow them and target the same enemy

nvm no cake
Feb 27, 2011

Also, buy a few ally healing items and take them into the fight with you. When allies get low, use the healing items.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Is anyone able to connect to this? Since last night I haven't been able to progress past the character select screen.

EvilTobaccoExec
Dec 22, 2003

Criminals are a superstitious, cowardly lot, so my disguise must be able to strike terror into their hearts!

AtrociousToaster posted:

that mission is just a bitch, but its more a marathon than a race. your worry shouldn't be taking down enemies quickly, but constantly backing gohan and krillin, preventing them from taking as much damage as possible (which can be really hard at times when the two separate).

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

The Green Calx posted:

Also, buy a few ally healing items and take them into the fight with you. When allies get low, use the healing items.

This doesn't work on non-party members (guys you select to bring in)

nvm no cake
Feb 27, 2011

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Is anyone able to connect to this? Since last night I haven't been able to progress past the character select screen.

Haven't been able to play multiplayer since launch night. Restart steam in offline mode if you're having trouble getting into single lobby.

Jato
Dec 21, 2009

Cool, I got it. Spamming milky cannon like crazy and trying to keep everybody together in the center made it pretty easy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

Ok, I am for some reason just completely, 100% unable to ever connect to Multi Lobby on PS4. It will try then say the servers are down. I know there's a ton of server issues right now, are there any tricks to kind of making this work?

• Locked thread