Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Davincie posted:

how often did you charge? i had an iphone for 5 years, charged it almost every day and never had it burn out

This was a Galaxy S2, I didn't actually burn the battery out completely but after a year of charging it every night it would only hold a charge for about 12 hours even if I never used it, whereas before I could not charge it for like a week as long as I wasn't playing games or anything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
Another question: (that no one is answering :smith:)

Is there a cart version of the Ace Attorney Trilogy? I can't seem to find it online anywhere, was is eShop only?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
No. Download only or 3 separate DS carts.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Fuzz posted:

Another Question:

How do people like Mario Kart 7? Does anyone still play it online and such?

It's a great Mario Kart game and playing online is even better. I never had trouble finding online matches when I was playing it recently. Kinda wish I was into Mario Kart when the DS and Wii versions could still be played online, never got a chance to check those out.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

BisterdDave posted:

It's a great Mario Kart game and playing online is even better. I never had trouble finding online matches when I was playing it recently. Kinda wish I was into Mario Kart when the DS and Wii versions could still be played online, never got a chance to check those out.

The first DS Mario Kart had pretty bad online from what I remember. Surprisingly it had good netcode even when using lovely public wifi spots but I never got into a race that wasn't full of people who had mastered the "constantly drift-boosting" technique.

Red Robin Hood
Jun 24, 2008

Buglord

Fuzz posted:

Some game questions:

1- I'm going to get Kid Icarus Uprising after the chat in here. Should I buy the hard copy with the stand, or is it playable just fine from the eShop? Does the stand even work with the Nu3DS? Does the game take advantage of the CPP, or are you locked to the touchscreen aiming?

3- I only ever played the original SNES Star Fox and briefly the really terrible Gamecube one. Is Star Fox 64 3D worth it if I've never played it before? Is it awesome like the original SNES one? How is the 3D in it? Hard to gauge first hand with videos on Youtube.

I'm reposting this because I want to know as well.

Cless Alvein
May 25, 2007
Bloopity Bloo

Fuzz posted:

Another question: (that no one is answering :smith:)

Is there a cart version of the Ace Attorney Trilogy? I can't seem to find it online anywhere, was is eShop only?

The JP version does have English so if you have an extra 3ds lying around you could use the browser exploit and play it that way! (I have one and am tempted to buy the physical copy since it would cost me like $3-4 more than digital)

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Red Robin Hood posted:

I'm reposting this because I want to know as well.

I got the hard copy but never used the really used the stand to play. I do keep my Nu3DS on there when I'm not using it, so it should work fine. The game doesn't really take advantage of the CPP – basically you can use the second stick to move, but you still have to use the stylus to aim – there's no option for twin stick shooting. I would get it on the eShop because physical copies are really expensive right now.

Star Fox 3D is pretty awesome, there are a lot of different levels and paths to take, and it looks great.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

How long does Club Nintendo usually take to pickup on eShop purchases? I bought some old poo poo and want my drat points.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Fuzz posted:

Another Question:

How do people like Mario Kart 7? Does anyone still play it online and such?

Mario Kart 7 is awesome, online is generally awesome, but if you have a Wii U, Mario Kart 8 is way more awesome. Radical, even. If you don't have a Wii U, Mario Kart 7 is still awesome.

Dunno what the online component is like these days, though. Doesn't matter too much, though. If you're into racing games and/or Mario Kart's drift-happy gameplay, you can get dozens of hours of fun out of the single player stuff. It's a good buy at ~$30.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Fuzz posted:

How long does Club Nintendo usually take to pickup on eShop purchases? I bought some old poo poo and want my drat points.

I bought the two Oracle Zelda games and got 10 pts each a few days later. Maybe a week.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Fuzz posted:

1- I'm going to get Kid Icarus Uprising after the chat in here. Should I buy the hard copy with the stand, or is it playable just fine from the eShop? Does the stand even work with the Nu3DS? Does the game take advantage of the CPP, or are you locked to the touchscreen aiming?

3- I only ever played the original SNES Star Fox and briefly the really terrible Gamecube one. Is Star Fox 64 3D worth it if I've never played it before? Is it awesome like the original SNES one? How is the 3D in it? Hard to gauge first hand with videos on Youtube.

4- Is MGS3 Snake Eater 3D easier to control on a Nu3DS, and thus worth getting?

5- Would I get Club Nintendo points for any of these, because I'm pretty close to getting a free game?

1. It's fine without the stand. I prefer it that way.

3. 64 is awesome and even better then the SNES one and the 3DS remake is even better then the 64 one.

4. It controls way better with a second stick and is worth getting especially if you don't have any other version of the game.

5. You will get points for any game on the eShop that was released before they announced the Club Nintendo shutdown.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Speaking of Layton. Has anyone seen this:

Thoughts?

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Fuzz posted:

Uprising's touch screen controls are much better than twin stick controls

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
So what's the verdict on the best way to play?

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

noirstronaut posted:

Touch screen controls on an XL with the cursor sensitivity loose and high but not too high

(the real answer is to go into the in-depth customization menu and figure out what feels best for you)

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Ew. Was trying the tomodachi life demo and experienced my first crash. Booted me to a sleep mode screen and I lost all the saved data from the demo. I would be pissed if a full game crashed like this.

Does it happen often?

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

noirstronaut posted:

I don't think you can even use dual stick controls with a CPP; the main benefit is being able to map movement to the right stick and use your left hand to hold the stylus if you're left-handed

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Looper posted:

Touch screen controls on an XL with the cursor sensitivity loose and high but not too high

(the real answer is to go into the in-depth customization menu and figure out what feels best for you)
Yeah that's the most important thing. The default settings are a compromise that is good for no one, gently caress around and figure out what you're comfortable with.

Bonobos
Jan 26, 2004
Does anyone have / use a screen protector on their new XL? I've typically used them on my last ds but then I temeber they got kind of gross, so I am debating going without a screen protector this round. How likely am I to gently caress up the screen / scratch it up without a protector / skin of some sort?

Also any recommendations as far as cases for this? I had my eye on the sfbags offerings but they seem pricy.

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

Bonobos posted:

Does anyone have / use a screen protector on their new XL? I've typically used them on my last ds but then I temeber they got kind of gross, so I am debating going without a screen protector this round. How likely am I to gently caress up the screen / scratch it up without a protector / skin of some sort?

Also any recommendations as far as cases for this? I had my eye on the sfbags offerings but they seem pricy.

Get a screen protector, there really is no reason why you shouldn't. And if it gets really gross just get a new one.

edit: been thinking of getting one of these cases. Maybe. https://www.etsy.com/listing/207434583/premium-2ds-or-3ds-hard-case-plain-dark?ref=shop_home_active_3

edit2: apparently the new stylus sucks and can scratch the screen. http://www.reddit.com/r/3DS/comments/2xhmi3/scratched_my_n3ds_xl_screen_three_times_with_the/

Etrips fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Feb 28, 2015

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense

Bonobos posted:

Just keep the screen clear of dust and use the stylus instead of a screwdriver.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Housh posted:

Ew. Was trying the tomodachi life demo and experienced my first crash. Booted me to a sleep mode screen and I lost all the saved data from the demo. I would be pissed if a full game crashed like this.

Does it happen often?

I don't think I've ever had my 3DS crash. I did try the Tomodachi Life demo for about an hour, and it didn't crash. I wouldn't expect it to happen often, if ever again, unless maybe it has to do with your SD card.

Bonobos posted:

Hah, just noticed they have what appears to be a flash card in one of their promo images.

enojy fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Feb 28, 2015

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

enojy posted:

I don't think I've ever had my 3DS crash. I did try the Tomodachi Life demo for about an hour, and it didn't crash. I wouldn't expect it to happen often, if ever again, unless maybe it has to do with your SD card.

Hah, just noticed they have what appears to be a flash card in one of their promo images.

As a flashcart enthusiast, I can say that is, without a doubt, an M3. Take em away, copper.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
UK goon here: I bought a black new 3DS XL yesterday and it is awesome, picked up MM, Super Mario 3D Land too. I didn't get a PIN number for my console though: is there anyway to redeem this purchase for points on Club Nintendo?

Teratrain
Aug 23, 2007
Waiting for Godot

Lofty132 posted:

UK goon here: I bought a black new 3DS XL yesterday and it is awesome, picked up MM, Super Mario 3D Land too. I didn't get a PIN number for my console though: is there anyway to redeem this purchase for points on Club Nintendo?

The new consoles don't come with codes, no. I recall it mentioning this somewhere on their site, but I can't figure out where.

If you're in the UK you'll need to register on the UK Club Nintendo, which is complete and utter garbage compared to the US one. :(

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

With one person experiencing that it must be an epidemic.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

jabro posted:

With one person experiencing that it must be an epidemic.

Seem to be a lot of replies echoing it. I will say my stylus feels a lot "scrapier" than the one I had on my DS Lite... are there any third party styluses that fit into the built-in slot yet on the Nu3DS?

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003
Anyone else's touch screen on their New 3DS have areas that feel "rough" with the stylus? Mine is visually immaculate, but two areas have a rougher feeling when running the stylus over it.

Dave Angel
Sep 8, 2004

Enallyniv posted:

The new consoles don't come with codes, no. I recall it mentioning this somewhere on their site, but I can't figure out where.

Doesn't seem to be listed on the registerable systems page.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I think I'd benefit from some of those grips for the N3DSXL. Are they selling those in brick and mortar anywhere yet in the US?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

The nn3ds was never eligible for codes. I think you can still get the warranty extension by registering, so it's still worth it for that.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

The nn3ds was never eligible for codes. I think you can still get the warranty extension by registering, so it's still worth it for that.

It won't even let you. So the 90 day extension is out of the question.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

It even has red text saying that New 3DS isn't eligible for register.

I don't mind not getting coins for it, but the 90 day extension would have been nice.

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice
Use an Amex and get a free year?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
If any aussies are after the Xenoblade faceplates, They're now up for preorder at EB Games. Also if you preorder Xenoblade 3DS at EB or JB, you apparently get a free Xenoblade Home theme.

edit: It will look like this, apparently;

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Neddy Seagoon posted:

If any aussies are after the Xenoblade faceplates, They're now up for preorder at EB Games. Also if you preorder Xenoblade 3DS at EB or JB, you apparently get a free Xenoblade Home theme.

edit: It will look like this, apparently;

Apparently I need this theme, like now.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

That's too many Play Coins!

Build-a-Boar
Feb 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Anybody have a favourite fishing game on the 3DS? I haven't played one in years and kinda feel like playing one now after the fishing pond was added to MM.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice
Does Monster Hunter count?