Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
UberJumper
May 20, 2007
woop

Dackel posted:

It has to say it's chargeable. Also some charge by tapping the button repeatedly for some reason.

Tapping? That is kind of the opposite of the strong melee charge attacks :wtc:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
Yo this game owns, set me up with the steam group

http://steamcommunity.com/id/neo_crimson/

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

UberJumper posted:

Tapping? That is kind of the opposite of the strong melee charge attacks :wtc:

Piccolo's Light Grenade is an example.

nvm no cake
Feb 27, 2011

EVGA Longoria posted:

Ok, I am for some reason just completely, 100% unable to ever connect to Multi Lobby on PS4. It will try then say the servers are down. I know there's a ton of server issues right now, are there any tricks to kind of making this work?

If it's anything like the PC version, the servers have been hosed since launch, and there's not really a trick to connecting or not.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS
Meteor Crash is hilarious when paired with super saiyan. I transform, smack them with a paralyze from Vacation Cancel, then a hilarious high speed rear end whupping ensues until SSJ wears off.

Best part is? They can't break out if it without blowing at least two whole bars of stamina. And I can just do it again with no way for them to get out since most people don't spec too heavily into stamina.. :getin:

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Is anyone able to connect to this? Since last night I haven't been able to progress past the character select screen.

The servers crashed some time this morning. Not sure if they've been back up since then but I kind of doubt it. Given the huge number of people buying this game i'm guessing something melted on their end.

As a side note, the Steam forums have a ton of people calling this the worst game ever because they can't play in MP at the moment. I mean, jesus. It's like none of them have ever seen a MMO launch before. This is fairly tame by comparison to the bullshit that usually goes on there.

Archonex fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Mar 1, 2015

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
Is there any good way to spread my stats? I've just been pumping stuff into health and physical attack because that worked in Budokai 3.

Dackel
Sep 11, 2014

Neo_Crimson posted:

Is there any good way to spread my stats? I've just been pumping stuff into health and physical attack because that worked in Budokai 3.

some health, max out Ki Blast, go super saiyan and spam ultimates all day

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

Do you see how he's a cat?

Anyone who complains about Ginyu's last training fight is a chump. I Z-ranked it on my first try without using items. Ultra Fighting Bomber pays its dues again. :getin:

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
I 50'd Max Ki and Ki basts before I started pumping up other stats on my Majin. Have only rarely regretted it.

Athropos
May 4, 2004

"Skeletons are Number One! Flesh just slows you down."

Dackel posted:

do this if you litterally want to be like everybody ever and would rather do whatever is overpowered as poo poo instead of what you like

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Athropos posted:

do this if you litterally want to be like everybody ever and would rather do whatever is overpowered as poo poo instead of what you like
there's also currently a way to get unlimited super saiyan in a battle as well if you really wanna wreck stuff

this ain't a competitive fighting game, do whatever.

Shadowlz
Oct 3, 2011

Oh it's gonna happen one way or the other, pal.

Tiny Majin Female, max stam, spread rest in strike supers and basic attack, Burters z soul with recoome kick and final pose. Now fly at the speed of light and beat the poo poo out of everyone with double attack power, then drop blue hurricane. RIP in peace.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
What Evasives are you guys going with? I need something.. I keep getting stuck in beams.

Ougher
Jan 16, 2005

Athropos posted:

Yeah I'm playing a namek who's focused on melee, it's still fun if not stupid OP. When I finish story and unlock more goku slots i'll make a KI spam character but it's still fun to punch the poo poo out of stuff.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

Dackel posted:

Just a note, but this sure as poo poo does not work in PVP once you get past the trash tier of players. You'll get comboed all over the arena since most skills require you to stand still for awhile. Even ultimates aren't exempt from this. Every hit you take while casting an ultimate removes some of your stamina. Lose too much and it's a guard break and you're knocked out of the skill. Then you're really hosed.

Granted, it works well early on in PVE at least. Starting around the cell games the NPC's start blocking like assholes though. So keep that in mind.

Edit: Hell, really good players can do that knockback teleport attack and cancel out of it to start up an infinite combo. There's no counter to that if you're a ki spammer. Plus, when you're in a knockback state you take damage as if your guard is broken. The cancellation puts you next to the player if timed right but doesn't start the next knockback. So with a bit of skill you can just chain combos forever and the other guy is hosed until he uses a breakout skill.

There's all sorts of neat tricks like that i'm noticing as I do PVP. It's amazing what you can pull off with a bit of skill or luck.

Archonex fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Mar 1, 2015

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Athropos posted:

Wow, you're bitter. Maybe some of us like being overpowered.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Lizard Wizard posted:

Wow, you're bitter. Maybe some of us like being overpowered.

If you're not aiming to be the strongest then you're playing gokus wrong

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Did my first mp game. Everytime i won I got to watch a minute of the other players doing their moves to thin air before the next opponent then Gohan showed up and got stuck in his flying animation and was invincible. Nappa is still punching him right now with Z hit combo.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

You can't even pause and leave. I'm waiting for the timer to run down.

-Fish-
Oct 10, 2005

Glub glub.
Glub glub.

So what's this method for infinite Super Saiyan? This is something my beautiful Saiyan princess would appreciate.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

YggiDee posted:

I am super bad at this game and don't even care, it's great.

This is me. Even though I'm early on and things could change my favorite thing about this game is that if something is feeling a little too rough you can just grind slightly easier PQs until you level up and slide the difficulty around. The gameplay is so enjoyable that I did that first tien/yamcha/krillin fight like 30 times just for fun and sunglasses.

What's the definitive answer on how to distribute attributes? I've been keeping them mostly even and favoring whatever I've been using lately with an extra couple points.

Kilometers Davis fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Mar 1, 2015

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

The later parallel quests get really ridiculous later on, I keep getting chain-ganked by ultimate kamehemas.

So what's the secret to not sucking rear end in this game?

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook
I'm having an issue beating that one mission where you have to protect Vegeta and beat Krillin/Gohan, then Goku. Or rather, I can beat it, but I get wrecked by secret Kaioken Goku. He seems to spam his evasive move and wreck everyone. If I play too aggressively, I die, if I play at all cautiously, Vegeta gets wrecked. Any tips?

cams
Mar 28, 2003

-Fish- posted:

So what's this method for infinite Super Saiyan? This is something my beautiful Saiyan princess would appreciate.
from gamefaqs

"Frieza 1st Form Z-soul (I'll never Forgive You ,Scum!)+super attack(Holstein shock) +Ult Transformation skill(ss1.ss2 etc..)+Energy battle item. Start by using your super to lower all your health let the cpu kill you then. use energy battle item and transform and have fun staying super saiyan."

sounds super lame imo but go nuts

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

:smug::smug::xd:
Experiences with the first wish ultimate, blitz hell ball? Is it good? Otherwise I'm gonna wish for some hella swag clothes

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Veg posted:

Experiences with the first wish ultimate, blitz hell ball? Is it good? Otherwise I'm gonna wish for some hella swag clothes
just use your first two wishes for respecs, like me!

-Fish-
Oct 10, 2005

Glub glub.
Glub glub.

Veg posted:

They're ugly as poo poo. Don't make the same mistake I made.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

New Leaf posted:

What Evasives are you guys going with? I need something.. I keep getting stuck in beams.

Psycho "something" from Gulda is god drat amazing. You freeze any close by enemies in front of you, run halfway across the stage, then unfreeze your enemies. All while invulnerable.

So you literally just waltz out of Goku's Kamehameha not giving a poo poo.

As for ki spammers, my frieza will not give a poo poo and will combo you filthy sayajins to death. That or death beam you while you charge at me if you're a weak namekian or human. Majins are too slow to even notice they are about to get a surprise Weekend
Frieza supremacy.

nvm no cake
Feb 27, 2011

Jsor posted:

I'm having an issue beating that one mission where you have to protect Vegeta and beat Krillin/Gohan, then Goku. Or rather, I can beat it, but I get wrecked by secret Kaioken Goku. He seems to spam his evasive move and wreck everyone. If I play too aggressively, I die, if I play at all cautiously, Vegeta gets wrecked. Any tips?

Kill him as quickly as possible, with long range special attacks. If you take too long Vegeta will end up eating 500 evasive explosions and die like a moron.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I love how they justified not including Buutenks, Buuhan, and Super Vegito in the game. Alright you and Gohan successfully fended off base Super Buu! OK KABLAM MOVE ALONG KID BUU TIME

-Fish-
Oct 10, 2005

Glub glub.
Glub glub.

Is Bardock's armor attainable at any point?

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
Speaking of buus, I hope they add Yajirobe clothes so I can make Yajirobuu

Esroc
May 31, 2010

Goku would be ashamed of you.
I really don't get the Z-Rank requirements. I've cleared missions in under five minutes, taken almost no damage, no KO's, and just absolutely schooled everyone involved and still only gotten an A or S Rank.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Esroc posted:

I really don't get the Z-Rank requirements. I've cleared missions in under five minutes, taken almost no damage, no KO's, and just absolutely schooled everyone involved and still only gotten an A or S Rank.

Defeated X enemies (3, 5, 10)
Defeated the last enemy
Defeated last enemy while transformed
Defeated a strong enemy
Hit with X Ki Blasts (20)
Performed X throws (3)
Remaining Health greater than X (80%)
Ally characters' Health greater than X (80%)
Fought by yourself
Cleared within X min. (3)
Did a of X hits or more (20)
Never KO'd (requires team)
Caused the most damage (requires team)
Defeated the most enemies (requires team)
Hit from behind X times (10)
Defeated enemy stronger than you
Attack accuracy X or greater (80%)
Hit with Ultimate Attacks X times (5)
Defeated last enemy with Ultimate Attack
Defeated 3 enemies with Ultimate Attacks

here are some of the criteria i have recorded, do these things to get points

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
Is there even a reason to get z-ranks or is it just completionism?

nvm no cake
Feb 27, 2011

There's also a criteria for collecting treasure, like 5 or more I believe.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Nasgate posted:

Is there even a reason to get z-ranks or is it just completionism?
higher rank means you got more points which means you got more xp

also people think that higher rank = better chance of getting drops

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
I'm confused by how you're supposed to get 7 Dragon Balls as the 'secret mission' on PQ08. I defeat Guldo and then as soon as I deliver 3 the mission ends. Hell only 3 show up on my dragon radar. I destroyed some houses as well and nothing. Even if I could find the others I'm still confused on how you're supposed to deliver 7 when delivering 3 ends the scenario and you can only carry 2 at a time.

cams posted:

higher rank means you got more points which means you got more xp

also people think that higher rank = better chance of getting drops

I'm kind of feeling like it's not a huge increase in chance of drops though so I wouldn't worry about it if you're trying to farm a specific drop.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

PaybackJack posted:

I'm confused by how you're supposed to get 7 Dragon Balls as the 'secret mission' on PQ08. I defeat Guldo and then as soon as I deliver 3 the mission ends. Hell only 3 show up on my dragon radar. I destroyed some houses as well and nothing. Even if I could find the others I'm still confused on how you're supposed to deliver 7 when delivering 3 ends the scenario and you can only carry 2 at a time.

I killed Guldo first, then I killed enemies until they stopped spawning. The I turned in the balls. Suddenly 4 more open spots popped up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

-Fish- posted:

Is Bardock's armor attainable at any point?

It is, I think I'm stuck on the super frustrating mission to unlock it at level 50.

• Locked thread