Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Terper posted:

Yo, by the way, Xenoverse is great.

It really is amazing, if only the goddamn server would stay up for more than 5 minutes..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

The undisputed world champion of wrestling effortposting

projecthalaxy posted:

I wish they had kept up with power levels, at least in Daizenshuu or something, until the end. I want to know how many quadrillions Super Vegito had.

It's always funny when you get little so-called 'official later Power Levels' which at the very least lack access to Daizenshuu, and hence they end up not making sense, like when I puzzled out according to 'the official numbers', Super Saiyan 3 Goku was stronger than Super Saiyan Gogeta in Movie 12, yet Goku got his rear end kicked and the whole point of the film was the fusion, which easily destroyed the film's villain.

(Cooler's 5th form power level was given at 480 million and Gogeta's 2.5 billion. Goku going Super Saiyan in Film 5 utterly dominated Cooler, so that power must exceed 480 million. Daizenshuu's official stats say Super Saiyan 2 multiplies SS1 by a factor of 2, and Super Saiyan 3 multiplies SS2 by a factor of 4, ergo 480 million to 960 million to 3.8 billion. Boy I sure hope someone got fired for that blunder.)

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

New Leaf posted:

It really is amazing, if only the goddamn server would stay up for more than 5 minutes..

It's great because I'm a FREEZA RACE with a fro, training under Mr. Satan, that goes through time beating up people like Buu and SSJ3 Goku with Mr. Satan and Videl.

I loved the Goten/Trunks/18 Tournament fight that I spent dancing, while Mr. Satan flew around beating everyone up. That made the game worth the cost to me.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.

Darko posted:

It's great because I'm a FREEZA RACE with a fro, training under Mr. Satan, that goes through time beating up people like Buu and SSJ3 Goku with Mr. Satan and Videl.

I loved the Goten/Trunks/18 Tournament fight that I spent dancing, while Mr. Satan flew around beating everyone up. That made the game worth the cost to me.

Obviously this proves you are learning from the best. Mark "Hercule" Satan is the champion the universe needs. Hail Satan!

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
Xenoverse is a cool game. I made a Namekian named Screw, the long-lost brother of Nail who became involved with The Saints and now fights to redeem his crimes.

Reppin' the Row motherfucker.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

Xenoverse is a cool game. I made a Namekian named Screw, the long-lost brother of Nail who became involved with The Saints and now fights to redeem his crimes.

Reppin' the Row motherfucker.

Nail's name wasn't for the piece of hardware, it was from "Snail". ;)

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

New Leaf posted:

Get out.

Besides, I've already decided I'm going to call his ultimate the "Screw Driver" and that poo poo owns.

rocketbrah
Sep 24, 2003

it's peanut butter
⚡ MORPHIN' TIME ⚡

New Leaf posted:

So Nail's brother should be Lug Nut, from "Slug nut"

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
Yo is the multiplayer in this cross platform? I'm not playing a fighting game on my laptop is the reason I'm asking.

Xibanya
Sep 17, 2012

Clever Betty

Surec posted:

So Nail's brother should be Lug Nut, from "Slug nut"

:aaaaa:

I think I love you.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Prison Warden posted:

Yo is the multiplayer in this cross platform? I'm not playing a fighting game on my laptop is the reason I'm asking.

I don't think it's cross-platform, no, but any modern console will let you plug your controller in to your laptop to use on PC games.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I only just realized Freeza is called that because he's the fridge where all the vegetables (saiyans) and fruits (soldiers), plus other stuff(Ginyu, etc...) are kept.

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

They'll bend the knee or I'll destroy them

HGH posted:

I only just realized Freeza is called that because he's the fridge where all the vegetables (saiyans) and fruits (soldiers), plus other stuff(Ginyu, etc...) are kept.

:vince:

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

To the man who loves art for its own sake, it is frequently in its least important and lowliest manifestations that the keenest pleasure is to be derived.

HGH posted:

Yeah, I never realized that. That's actually clever, and I don't care if it might have been accidental.

Man, why can't more authors follow Toriyama's method of using seemingly random and inane puns to name characters. As silly as the idea of naming an entire set of characters after vegetables might sound, it makes the names rather memorable.

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer

Twiddy posted:

Man, why can't more authors follow Toriyama's method of using seemingly random and inane puns to name characters. As silly as the idea of naming an entire set of characters after vegetables might sound, it makes the names rather memorable.
The guy who does Jojo's Bizarre Adventure has you covered as far as ridiculous and wonderful character names goes. Can't think of any others, though.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
Skimming through DBM's better fights again on a whim, I really like the explanation cyborg Yamcha gives for the future androids being much weaker: "infinite" energy is actually bullshit and eventually the androids need some kind of maintenance to stay strong. Otherwise, they'll just draw on more and more of their reserves until they're barely operable.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
It turns out that "napa" is a type of cabbage. Neat.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Twiddy posted:

Yeah, I never realized that. That's actually clever, and I don't care if it might have been accidental.

Evangelion named all the military characters after battleships.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

This is going to be my new business card! :D

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.

HGH posted:

Speaking of which, are Zarbon and Dodoria's names puns of anything?

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

In It For The Tank posted:

Speaking of which, are Zarbon and Dodoria's names puns of anything?

Zarbon's name comes from the Japanese word for the pomelo fruit (ザボン, or 朱欒).

Dodoria's name comes from the Japanese word for the durian fruit.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Chilled "OUTRAGEOUS! In honor of their deaths, my men shall now and for evermore be given the names of fruits!"

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

i'm playing a fireza race called two finger

all moves i do in fights are going to use two fingers only

so i think that limits me to instant transmission and.... well sometimes i think cell used two fingers for a blast?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

giant storm

special beam cannon

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

frieza has a death beam barrage where he spams with a finger on each hand, not sure if it's in the game though

Dr. Miracle
Feb 13, 2008

born to shart

Two Finger posted:

i'm playing a fireza race called two finger

all moves i do in fights are going to use two fingers only

so i think that limits me to instant transmission and.... well sometimes i think cell used two fingers for a blast?

There's that move Nappa had where he points two fingers to the sky and everything explodes. I don't know what it's called.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Dr. Miracle posted:

There's that move Nappa had where he points two fingers to the sky and everything explodes. I don't know what it's called.
Nappalm? :v:

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Dr. Miracle posted:

That's Giant Storm.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

playing the dragonball game has me wanting to watch some of the show. I never saw anything after the Cell saga, or anything before DBZ. Between the maijin buu saga, the old school dragon ball episodes, and the movie, which should I watch first?

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

mabels big day posted:

playing the dragonball game has me wanting to watch some of the show. I never saw anything after the Cell saga, or anything before DBZ. Between the maijin buu saga, the old school dragon ball episodes, and the movie, which should I watch first?

Dragon Ball Abridged by Team Four Star.

Edit: and then read the manga instead of watching anything else.

Edit: Except the Battle of Gods movie. That one is cool and good.

Pureauthor fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Mar 1, 2015

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

mabels big day posted:

Battle of Gods is good fun. Its the campy fun of old Dragonball with a couple of great Z-style fights thrown in.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Episode 200 until the end, then watch the movie, then the original DB series.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Or, and this is really crazy, watch from the beginning until the end.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

SatansBestBuddy posted:

Or, and this is really crazy, watch from the beginning until the end.
Just do this.

Hobo Siege
Apr 24, 2008

by Cowcaster
DBZ Kai is the best animated adaptation of the manga with English being the superior dub in my opinion. If you're not quite down for watching like, 90 episodes of something considering giving DBZ Abridged a look. It's a comedic fan adaptation with surprisingly endearing and well-acted takes on the characters. The first five episodes are a little rough, they start to find their footing after that and by episode 13 the show takes off like a loving rocket. The team know when to play it straight so it kind of ends up being a weirdly valid telling of the story with emotional ups and downs maintained.

Xibanya
Sep 17, 2012

Clever Betty
I'm finally my own Mary-Sue, a female human named Quesadilla. Xenoverse is hard, but in a good way. The combat is fun for sure.

Got my boyfriend on the abridged series, heh heh. He's a relative newcomer to the franchise. I had to show him some dub clips to help him get some of the jokes. Thanks to Kai, the new generation of DBZ fans won't have to endure "this is amazing, I feel great! I! Can! Do! This!" unless they want to get obscure DBZA jokes. (All of them?!)

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
My OC's name was deemed too racy for the servers, so I had to rename them Meracca. :(

On the bright side, I am being instructed on posing in battle by the illustrious Captain Ginyu, so things could be worse.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

My OC's name was deemed too racy for the servers, so I had to rename them Meracca. :(

On the bright side, I am being instructed on posing in battle by the illustrious Captain Ginyu, so things could be worse.

Goes Ginyu as your trainer actually give you new poses? Because if so :allears:

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Archenteron posted:

Goes Ginyu as your trainer actually give you new poses? Because if so :allears:

He does. If you Z-Rank a mission, he has to think of a new pose to commemorate the event.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xibanya
Sep 17, 2012

Clever Betty

How did you find out they didn't like it? My boyfriend is planning to make an OC named GOKUSWEEDDEALER. :ohdear:

• Locked thread