Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HBar
Sep 13, 2007

Lustful Man Hugs posted:

Wait, why is Lt. Uhura in a cartoon now? :confused:
I think that's actually supposed to be DC mayor Muriel Bowser. Looks a lot more like her than Michelle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

tacodaemon posted:

Muir has aged Sam and Zed's twin daughters to adulthood again

What the gently caress are those girls wearing and why are they melting?

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

tacodaemon posted:

Would tread on that grave.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

I want to punch this comic

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

It's hard for me to get mad at anti-Net Neutrality cartoons because the majority of those who actually uses the internet probably already know what's up.

Deep Hurting
Jan 19, 2006

Would someone please tell these dumbasses what Net Neutrality is? Just say, "Look, see that comic you drew? It's the exact opposite of that."

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Gimnbo posted:

It's hard for me to get mad at anti-Net Neutrality cartoons because the majority of those who actually uses the internet probably already know what's up.

There are many people who use the Internet at all, ever, and don't know what it is. (Like Bok, apparently.) These are the people that the ISPs are trying to sucker into thinking net neutrality will gently caress their internet.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Ague Proof posted:

Would tread on that grave.

I wouldn't, not after every goon within travelling distance had pissed on it.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I probably should have known that "Beam me up" would be the prominent in memorial for Mr. Nimoy, but I always expected it would be some variation of "I am, and have always been, your friend."

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Bicyclops posted:

I probably should have known that "Beam me up" would be the prominent in memorial for Mr. Nimoy, but I always expected it would be some variation of "I am, and have always been, your friend."
I don't think most people have actually seen or remember Star Trek, apart from that quote...which I am not sure anyone ever actually used. All I can remember is "three to beam up" or whatever.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Bicyclops posted:

And just think, they can recycle the "Beam me up" cartoons when Shatner, Koenig, Nichols, and Takei kick off.

Cpt.Americant
Mar 30, 2010

tacodaemon posted:

He doesn't realize this is already the second Republic does he? The articles of Confederation was the first where states had tons of power. It failed so we gave more power to the feds. When that wasn't clear enough we fought a war about it and passed the 14th amendment to make extra sure that people knew the federal government trumps states. I'm starting to think Muir may not have a good grasp on history.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I mean, Nimoy took the "Live long and prosper" catchphrase he was expected to say for the rest of his natural born life and turned it into something kind of poignant, even when he was tongue-in-cheek about it, so like, whatever, of course they're going to use the "Elementary, my dear Watson" of his popular TV show, but that other line summed him up for me, and for some reason I forgot that cartoonists go for the more universally understood reference, instead of living inside my brain.

Deep Hurting
Jan 19, 2006

Bicyclops posted:

It's, "I HAVE BEEN, and always SHALL BE, your friend." :argh:

Selachian posted:

And just think, they can recycle the "Beam me up" cartoons when Shatner

"Rock-ET, MAN. Rock, Et Man!"

Actually, most Shatner cartoons will probably involve some variation of "Warp speed" or "the final frontier."

Something "nuclear wessles" something something.

Fan dance.

Selachian posted:

Takei kick off.

More Takei cartoons will probably reference his "oh my!" catchphrase, probably with him saying it in response to seeing the pearly gates.

At least one homophobic, Conservative dickhole (Lester, maybe) will have him saying it in response to seeing Hell, which will be filled with beautiful succubi, but no men.

Deep Hurting fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Mar 1, 2015

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

tacodaemon posted:

So...Muir's wife and liberal sister invented an anti-aging formula, kept it to themselves, let everyone else and killed their children in the chaos of CWII to keep the secret and started to impersonate them. Only they've done it for so long that they started to believe the illusion, that they are their own daughters, even in private.

Seriously, the pair look exactly like Mrs. Muiry-Sue and sister, only they're wearing "futuristic" clothes with holes cut in them.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
No those are their daughters grown up.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Samurai Sanders posted:

I don't think most people have actually seen or remember Star Trek, apart from that quote...which I am not sure anyone ever actually used. All I can remember is "three to beam up" or whatever.

I've actually been watching through the original series lately. The exact phrase "Beam me up, Scotty" was never said, and all of the 'beam up' quotes were said by Kirk. Spock never really says anything like that.

e: Eh, he does say "Ready to beam up" in an episode, now that I think about it.

Garrand fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Mar 1, 2015

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
Hey let's be thankful that in Muir's failure to resist the urge to sexualize his imaginary daughters he at least had the decency to age them up.

Dr. Killjoy fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Mar 1, 2015

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
Is this Muir's way of latching to that sweater meme? The one with the cleavage cutout?

Vienna Circlejerk
Jan 28, 2003

The great science sausage party!

Garrand posted:

I've actually been watching through the original series lately. The exact phrase "Beam me up, Scotty" was never said, and all of the 'beam up' quotes were said by Kirk. Spock never really says anything like that.

e: Eh, he does say "Ready to beam up" in an episode, now that I think about it.

Play it again, Scotty.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Deep Hurting posted:

Whoops! :sweatdrop:

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Someone please help me find my keys =(

Deep Hurting posted:

Just reading that makes me kinda sorta baby weepy. Even all angrily.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Alkydere posted:

So...Muir's wife and liberal sister invented an anti-aging formula, kept it to themselves, let everyone else and killed their children in the chaos of CWII to keep the secret and started to impersonate them. Only they've done it for so long that they started to believe the illusion, that they are their own daughters, even in private.

Seriously, the pair look exactly like Mrs. Muiry-Sue and sister, only they're wearing "futuristic" clothes with holes cut in them.

Isn't the Sam lookalike cosplaying Power Girl?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
When I was a kid I thought Spock was cool and smarter than all the others, but now I see that the rest of the cast is all smart in their own way too but only Spock has a crippling lack of understanding of how to interact with others, even other Vulcans. Everyone else has to constantly adjust everything they say and do in order to account for it.

edit: and then in Enterprise they went way into how Vulcans just basically suck compared to everyone else.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 05:15 on Mar 1, 2015

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Man, the one spawn's left tit is sagging beyond where the right one ends. That's some Liefeld-class anatomy fuckups.

E: oh wait it's an arm. Stupid melty Photoshop filters.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Shugojin posted:

Man, the one spawn's left tit is sagging beyond where the right one ends. That's some Liefeld-class anatomy fuckups.

I think that's supposed to be her elbow, and no I don't know how that's supposed to work

CarterUSM
Mar 17, 2004
Cornfield aviator

I know this was from a few pages back, but I'd also like to point out that Lester's a gigantic loving idiot for another reason quite aside from not having the first clue what Net Neutrality is.

It strikes me that using the metaphor of government ownership of the National Parks is hilariously antithetical to the GUBMINT BAD! message that Lester's attempting to get across. The government ownership and control of the National Parks are the only reason that they haven't been deforested, hunted into extinction, and strip-mined. While there are some complete assholes who would feed their own mother into the Soylent machine captains of industry who want the National Parks opened for commercial exploitation, a vast, vast majority across all political affiliations have visited a national part and think that it is "Extremely important" or "Quite important" that the government protect and support the parks, and 95% of those polled feel that "protecting the National Parks is an appropriate role for the federal government.".

So yeah, Lester, you AGCed your own cartoon, despite your imbecilic lack of understanding of what Net Neutrality actually does.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

CarterUSM
Mar 17, 2004
Cornfield aviator

Population estimates of Earth at 10,000BC (roughly when the mammoths died out): between 2 million and 10 million.

Population of Earth at the beginning of the Industrial Revolution: approximately 1 billion

Population of Earth now: approximately 7.3 billion

I don't even know how to scale the industrialization of humanity across that time frame.

It's almost like the ability of humanity to alter the environment has changed over time. What a bizarre idea.

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Someone please help me find my keys =(

My dad loves this duck. Only thing in the funnies he reads. Says it's the "only well drawn cartoon with anything to say." Oh well.

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn

AtomikKrab posted:

No no no, Napoleon was defeated BEFORE the british burned washington, and they never got to baltimore.

Peace was declared because both sides were tired as poo poo of war and the british had suffered several reversals of their invasions

Ah woooops. I remember that the british did so poorly at the negotiating because they didn't have much interest in it anymore but thought it had something to do with europe. The important thing was that the british could've kept fighting if they wanted to force a peace that held onto the territories they gained (like makinak) while the US absolutely needed to stop no matter what since it was in a credit crisis, as most war funds were raised through private lenders). The british had only failed invasions and not any 'reversals,' since they still had a net gain on territory and the US didn't have the ability to try invading upper/lower canada as they had earlier in the war. The piss poor attempt at new orleans' failure happening right before Ghent probably had a lot more influence than it should have.

Also I confused baltimore with alexandria. And the burning going on in annapolis, but that was a riot and not a british attack

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

I'm baffled by this one, given that mankind actually did have a hand in wiping out woolly mammoths- carbon emissions don't really threaten our civilization, it's going to get wiped out by overhunting, instead?

Is this A Dangerous Game Comic?

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Christmas Present posted:

I'm baffled by this one, given that mankind actually did have a hand in wiping out woolly mammoths- carbon emissions don't really threaten our civilization, it's going to get wiped out by overhunting, instead?

Is this A Dangerous Game Comic?

"Climate change is happening but it's not man made" is the message.

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

tacodaemon posted:

Lumpy weird BREAST FLESH juxtaposed next to tombstone of dead parents. That's a perfectly normal tonal shift.

CarterUSM
Mar 17, 2004
Cornfield aviator

Post 9-11 User posted:

Lumpy weird BREAST FLESH juxtaposed next to tombstone of dead parents. That's a perfectly normal tonal shift.

"Paging Dr. Freud. Dr. Freud please pick up the pink courtesy phone..."

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

Harvey Mantaco posted:

My dad loves this duck. Only thing in the funnies he reads. Says it's the "only well drawn cartoon with anything to say." Oh well.
Sever.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Alkydere posted:

That or it's like the thing in Practical Magic where each generation has a red-haired and dark-hair set of sisters and they carry a curse where any man they fall in love with will inevitably die. Except it's gotten weaker over the years so now it's any man they fall in love with will inevitably become a paranoid, right-wing conspiracy nut who can't hold down a job but has plenty of time to drink beer and babble on about what liberals are doing to his country.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Doctor Spaceman posted:

"Climate change is happening but it's not man made" is the message.
Or a "Climate Change has happened and caused extinctions so why try stopping the inevitable and accept fate/Jesus"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

there wolf posted:

That or it's like the thing in Practical Magic where each generation has a red-haired and dark-hair set of sisters and they carry a curse where any man they fall in love with will inevitably die. Except it's gotten weaker over the years so now it's any man they fall in love with will inevitably become a paranoid, right-wing conspiracy nut who can't hold down a job but has plenty of time to drink beer and babble on about what liberals are doing to his country.

Sounds like the curse has gotten more destructive.

• Locked thread