Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Helldump Immunity.
Aug 2, 2013

Fuck you

Mike-o posted:

to gloat over games forum goons who are too poor to buy video games because of college debt from their liberal arts degree

Those genders aren't gonna study themselves :downs:

PS

Alpha 11 for 7 Days to Die is going to own

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Helldump Immunity. posted:

Alpha 11 for 7 Days to Die is going to own

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

GENDERWEIRD GREEDO posted:

Why would I preorder it

Why would you not?

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

A not bad chance it comes out hosed

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

GENDERWEIRD GREEDO posted:

A not bad chance it comes out hosed

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN
Soon-to-be-released newest version of XCom's Long War mod looks real good:

You can also enable manual selection of soldiers' class. Gonna build an XCom with nothing but Nigerian nightmare shotgun squads.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Will there be a child soldier class?

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

holocaust bloopers posted:

Will there be a child soldier class?

Receive full cover behind half cover but more prone to panicking?

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

So pretty...

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Bad news, everyone. They included the fleet scaling from Homeworld 2, so the computer will always produce a bigger fleet than yours.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
^^^^that sucks. Getting curb stomped by the AI nearly ruined the campaign for me.

Another few hours before I can play. Looks incredible though.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Trip report so far: game is very pretty and what I expected in terms of being a clone with better graphics. That means that some of the old tricks you could use work including editing your persistent.lua file. Want to gently caress around with a large number of RUs or trick out your fleet with extra Progenitor Dreadnoughts? You can still do it exactly like you could in the original. Just keep in mind the NPC fleet will scale to match.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Homeworld.

See you all in a few weeks.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Custom color schemes and emblems are still in. Rocking exactly what I did 15 years ago, red/black with the iron cross.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

That is rad as gently caress.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Owns

Edit: Homeworld looks so loving good.

bloops fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Feb 26, 2015

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Soooooo pretty

8lbsofanalsex
Jun 3, 2011
Finally managed to beat apotheon and it was a pretty cool game all around. Now I'm messing with homeworld a little bit and it's looking good so far.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Wish there was a way to take screenshots without the unit symbology appearing.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Wish there was a way to take screenshots without the unit symbology appearing.

Tab a couple times to turn that off. Backspace a few times to turn off UI. Actually managed to have several MP games in a row without crashing. I know what I'm doing with my weekend.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I really really like not having to run the old low res Homeworld 1... But the AI matching your fleets has got to loving go. Especially since on the second mission they kept flying in from off screen, not the actual carrier. I also don't think it's balanced very well, because 1 light corvette and ~7 interceptors with some salvagers would beat that mission with almost no losses, but in the remake I was having to scramble to produce more and more things.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
are you telling me gearbox hosed up yet another franchise :monocle:

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

are you telling me gearbox hosed up yet another franchise :monocle:

Gearbox didn't gently caress up anything. They inherited Relic's game warts and all. Fixed some of it up, and left other parts alone. The AI issue is a legacy thing.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
I'm glad I didn't buy it. Somehow I knew this would happen.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Gearbox didn't gently caress up anything. They inherited 3dRealm's game warts and all. Fixed some of it up, and left other parts alone. The AI issue is a legacy thing.

hrmmm

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Gearbox didn't gently caress up anything. They inherited Relic's game warts and all. Fixed some of it up, and left other parts alone. The AI issue is a legacy thing.

Its an issue from Homeworld 2 they built in to the original, that didn't have it at any point prior to this.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
Anyone play Elite: Dangerous? I'm thinking about getting into it, but I was wondering how development has gone and if I should wait until they release more content.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

They still have a ways to go in terms of content, but it is a fun game. I'm taking a break right now- got burned out after a few months of play.

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

unlike most veterans and SA members $10 is not a meaningful expenditure for me

I'm gonna have me a swag Bar-B-Q
Elite is cool, and fun. I'd say wait a couple more months, though.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Homeworld chat: in the ghost ship mission, don't even bother sending your own frigates or destroyers against the enemy, they'll just get smoked. Build assloads of bombers and poo poo, use them to lure away the ghost ship's screen of frigates, then loop back around and pound the poo poo out of it with your strike craft until it's disabled. Disabling the ghost ship gives you control of every enemy ship not destroyed. If you don't kill any of the other ships, you get all those frigates plus the missile destroyer. Having 50 frigates and capitals is metal as gently caress. :black101:

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Spicy Guacamole posted:

Homeworld chat: in the ghost ship mission, don't even bother sending your own frigates or destroyers against the enemy, they'll just get smoked. Build assloads of bombers and poo poo, use them to lure away the ghost ship's screen of frigates, then loop back around and pound the poo poo out of it with your strike craft until it's disabled. Disabling the ghost ship gives you control of every enemy ship not destroyed. If you don't kill any of the other ships, you get all those frigates plus the missile destroyer. Having 50 frigates and capitals is metal as gently caress. :black101:

Are you me from 2001? Because I'm pretty sure I gave this exact same advice back then.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Is that why I woke up naked and sweaty in an alley last night? :stare:

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Spicy Guacamole posted:

look at this scrub not using loving salvage corvettes like true a true hiigaran, :frogout:

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9YZzXp_XVk

goty

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

ElMaligno posted:

look at this scrub not using loving salvage corvettes like true a true hiigaran, :frogout:
How do you think I got all this other poo poo? :getin:

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

doesn't that gently caress you over with the scaling though

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

So far it hasn't been too bad at all. The enemy likes to come in waves, so as long as I can maintain local superiority I can come out on top. More blood for the blood god.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I'm always going to wonder what all that huge stuff the progenitors built was.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Valve might be announcing something tomorrow

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3703858

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISlRVaQuaYY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Isn't it their oculus rift they're making with HTC?

• Locked thread