Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group

vyelkin posted:

lol just lol if you don't think America has flagrant public corruption

Ya if only America could be as pure as those shining European beacons of transparency like FIFA and the IOC. Or Russia and Qatar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
Soccer is a dying sport anyway, Peaked long ago.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Pook Good Mook posted:

Ya if only America could be as pure as those shining European beacons of transparency like FIFA and the IOC. Or Russia and Qatar.

if america cared at all about football there would be a World Cup SuperPAC that would funnel half a billion dollars into Sepp Blatter's pocket tomorrow

also FIFA just essentially bribed a US company so that America wouldn't make a fuss over moving Qatar to the winter

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

African AIDS cum posted:

Soccer is a dying sport anyway, Peaked long ago.

In 1994, in fact.

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012

Pook Good Mook posted:

Yeah, the US is transparent enough that when cities decide to spend hundreds of millions of dollars of public money to replace stadiums that aren't even 20 years old, we can at least track down political donations and say "yep, the team owner gave a boatload of money to the mayor." Of course, that doesn't stop the city from spending that money, but at least its transparent.

porkface
Dec 29, 2000

It's coming home...in a cheap pine box.

psyer
Mar 26, 2013
http://uk.reuters.com/article/2015/03/01/soccer-africa-nations-guinea-idUKL4N0W308S20150301

Guinea refuses to move the Africa Cup of Nations from Jan 2023 to June 2023.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Koesj
Aug 3, 2003

psyer posted:

http://uk.reuters.com/article/2015/03/01/soccer-africa-nations-guinea-idUKL4N0W308S20150301

Good to see FIGC standing their ground.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

psyer posted:

quote:

We cannot accommodate the Nations Cup in June, it is the rainy season," Dore told Guinea television.

Should have thought about that before awarding the cup to Guinea

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

psyer posted:

Good. Not their fault everybody else is an idiot.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Every continent should hold their own thing during the World Cup.

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
I am sure that the FA of Guinea will beat Blatter in the scheming that will ensue.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
I don't know anything about African weather but does rain season applies to the whole of Africa?

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

Kurtofan posted:

I don't know anything about African weather but does rain season applies to the whole of Africa?

yeah why not

they will take the cup of nations away from guinea, and give it to, idk, france.

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

Kurtofan posted:

Yes. Africa is pretty small and has a very uniform weather.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

tk posted:

Yes. Africa is pretty small and has a very uniform weather.

Well it's smaller than Greenland so...

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Guinea looking for that sweet sweet bribe money

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Koesj posted:

Good to see FIGC standing their ground.

:catstare:

hostile apostle
Aug 29, 2006
:stadia::stadia::stadia::stadia::stadia:
Stadia didn't outlive SA but it did outlive Lowtax - Happy Birthday Stadia! #ad
:stadia::stadia::stadia::stadia::stadia:

Kurtofan posted:

Well it's smaller than Greenland so...

Not sure if you are serious but, Africa is around 14 times larger than Greenland though on the map they are almost same size. Its a distortion in the Mercator projection.

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

yes im sure he was completely serious and you ever seen a REAL map projection my nigga???

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

hostile apostle posted:

Not sure if you are serious but, Africa is around 14 times larger than Greenland though on the map they are almost same size. Its a distortion in the Mercator projection.

yeah man we've all seen that west wing scene too.

Redczar
Nov 9, 2011

Sepp is worried Russia will do a racism

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/31688474

quote:

Racism is one of the items which is on my agenda on the very top, every day. If it does not stop then there must be some sanctions

Racism>dying Nepalese

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group

Redczar posted:

Racism>dying Nepalese

Sepp shouldn't worry, the homophobia should drown it out.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

stickyfngrdboy posted:

yeah why not

they will take the cup of nations away from guinea, and give it to, idk, Italy.

Everything south of rome is africa

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

Redczar posted:

Racism>dying Nepalese

It's a shame we had to award them world cups to find out that Russia is full of racists and Qatar is hot, too bad there's nothing we can do about it now.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
If only there had been other countries to vote for....

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

Antares posted:

It's a shame we had to award them world cups to find out that Russia is full of racists and Qatar is hot, too bad there's nothing we can do about it now.

filled with racists and hot? sounds like my ideal gf

Messyass
Dec 23, 2003

Reuters posted:

CONMEBOL to support Blatter in FIFA election, says source

loooooooooooooooooooool

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
It's happening

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Messyass posted:

loooooooooooooooooooool

Its probably the most corrupt federation. Havelange is the reason Blatter is at FIFA

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

ephex posted:

It's happening

It was always going to happen

Anyone who doesn't think Blatter will win this election should speak up now.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

vyelkin posted:

It was always going to happen

Anyone who doesn't think Blatter will win this election should speak up now.

I think football will win

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Byolante posted:

poor fool

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Byolante posted:

You probably think strippers really like you

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Lol Blatter is going to be in charge of FIFA till he dies and anyone who thinks otherwise is retarded.

Honestly the big European nations need to grow a pair and actually stand up to this bullshit

Thevalencian
Feb 14, 2015

Ewar Woowar posted:

Lol Blatter is going to be in charge of FIFA till he dies and anyone who thinks otherwise is retarded.

Honestly the big European nations need to grow a pair and actually stand up to this bullshit

What happened to Luis figos bid for president?

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup

Ewar Woowar posted:

It's mad. They have all the power and they're just going to roll over and accept it

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
Doesn't even need to be FIFA, if the English FA told the premier league clubs they did not need to release players for the competition and refused to move the season around pretty much 75% of the top players in the world would be omitted from the WC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Dravs posted:

Doesn't even need to be FIFA, if the English FA told the premier league clubs they did not need to release players for the competition and refused to move the season around pretty much 75% of the top players in the world would be omitted from the WC.

They'd be expelled from the champions league if they did this so they won't. Either all of Uefa refuse to release players or no-one does.