Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rizuhbull
Mar 30, 2011

BattleCattle posted:

Anubis is a jackal. Beerus was based on Toriyama's sick cat.
oh ;_;

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Whis keeps doing that tap my shoulder thing to distract me while Beerus throws Spheres of Destruction at me. It's bothersome. I did like Beerus just kinda deciding not to be puppeted though. That was sick.

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

Do you see how he's a cat?

He made a miraculous recovery, causing the vet to comment that "he must have a god watching over him." And thus Beerus was born.

rizuhbull
Mar 30, 2011

Swoley is a pretty good name.

Maleketh posted:

He made a miraculous recovery, causing the vet to comment that "he must have a god watching over him." And thus Beerus was born.
:3:

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

rizuhbull posted:

Swoley is a pretty good name.

Wish I'd thought of it.

rizuhbull
Mar 30, 2011

How do you get all the unlockables in a Parallel quest? I've completed the blue objectives with a Z ranking...

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
How the hell do I raise Ginyu's approval?

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

rizuhbull posted:

How do you get all the unlockables in a Parallel quest? I've completed the blue objectives with a Z ranking...

It's random. Some drops are tied to Ultimate Finishes, but it's still just RNG at work.

nvm no cake
Feb 27, 2011

rizuhbull posted:

Fellate the gods of RNG and pray one of them shines mercy upon you.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
I just want to say... if you are a Ki Dude, and you aren't using Big Bang Attack, what the gently caress are you doing?

Big Bang Attack does damage during the start-up pose, then full damage of the actual attack after. It is the best ki attack I've found to combo into from strings. Go get it...

My current set-up:
Galick Gun
Big Bang Attack
Maximum Charge
Death Slicer (will replace this with something else)

Break Cannon / Final Flash / Giant Storm
Super Vegeta
Need a fun Evasive, still using Vegeta's "I explode stuff around me"

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Crabtree posted:

I was just reading on GameFaqs that master's have friendship bars which fill up when you use them as allies in battles, do PQs and use their moves. According to the FAQ the best way to level them is to use two of them as allies in battles. That would have been a nice thing to know. I'm level 40 and only have Krillin at Mentor Level 3.

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

Crabtree posted:

Fight battles, get levels. That's really it.

EDIT: Or, the guy above me could prove me wrong. :v:

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
And while we are at it, God Breaker is really goddamn good, too.

I think the best thing for the "fight a bunch of dudes" story quests is a Z Soul that gives X upon KO. Vegeta's "dirty fireworks" one gives a stupid strong bonus on attack power each time you kill something, and in PQs where there's sabaimen or whatever that I'm grinding on, after 3-4 I'm killing them in 1 string with literally 0 put into Basic Attack.
It's also a 100% drop, you just need to spar him after you mastered his stuff. He even gives you some cool, "this isn't training, this is a battle between two seasoned veterans" and he meets you as an equal in an epic volcano for a man-on-man sweaty punch fight.

Firstborn fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Mar 1, 2015

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Captain Ginyu liked my fighting style so much he's going to take me out get ice cream!!

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006
This game is basically about cosplaying your favorite anime character and seeing how hilariously overpowered you can make Ki Supers and I'm okay with that

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
I want to invite everyone in this thread over for pizza and beer.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Can you choose specific masters for each of your individual CACs? I'd imagine so, but

Killsion
Feb 16, 2011

Templars Rock.

Maleketh posted:

Fight battles, get levels. That's really it.

EDIT: Or, the guy above me could prove me wrong. :v:

I just raised Piccolo, and Krillin to max and completed their mentorship. Ginyu's bar does not move, at all.

rizuhbull
Mar 30, 2011

I've been using Galick Gun with Vegeta as my mentor but the Z assist never activates.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

rizuhbull posted:

I've been using Galick Gun with Vegeta as my mentor but the Z assist never activates.

gotta use Final Flash and gently caress dudes up, which you will.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

mabels big day posted:

Can you choose specific masters for each of your individual CACs? I'd imagine so, but

Yes.

To answer some other questions I've seen:

Z Assist only works with Ultimates. Try it with Final Flash.
Bardock's armor is in the game.
There's a few sword moves, pretty much pick two of these words three times: Slash, Brave, Shining, Blazing, Sword
RE: Evasive Spam - You can back-up, stop mashing, vanish, block, or what I usually do is just jump back.
Characters scale with your level. If you are level 1, your Super 4 Vegeta is weaker than a level 80 Super 4 Vegeta. This is so you can't just shortcut your way in PQs. Not all characters are created equal, though... Trunks' 1st costume is a goddamn melee monster. Holy gently caress. Super Perfect Cell's invincible/unblockable Perfect Kamehameha is awesome to use as a counter Ultimate. If you see someone do an Ultimate... do yours, and you will take no damage and gently caress them right up. All the Gokus have easy strings that combo naturally into Kamehameha.

Firstborn fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Mar 1, 2015

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Whoever made events random chance should be fired, if they're not already.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
I feel connected to Bubba Smith because we both grinded Super Vegeta 30+ times before we got it.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
It sure would be nice if I could actually play this game without the servers going down every few minutes.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

Firstborn posted:

I feel connected to Bubba Smith because we both grinded Super Vegeta 30+ times before we got it.

:hf: the struggle.

I don't mind the rewards being random because all the PQs have like 10 items and it would be sort of lame if you got all of them every time, like how every MMO handles loot, but what they need to do is knock it the gently caress off with the ultimate endings being random. That poo poo can gently caress right off.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Well that got awkward quickly I'm just sorta... stuck there now...

I think the game silently crashed, Yup... stuck on a white loading screen

My only wish is that more armor pieces were customizable colour wise. I hate being out of uniform.

Also Grinding mentors is pretty easy once you realize "Double pair, spam their super" is the key to victory.

My only wish with Xenoverse 2 would be God Hand style custom combos.

Onmi fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Mar 1, 2015

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Yeah, I agree there. Thankfully so far only a couple of the must-have items for me have been behind Ultimate Finish, and the rest I've gotten fairly easily. This one just really sucked though, probably because it was so long. The other one I had a lot of trouble with was completing Sabaimen Revenge quick enough to get Giant Storm... but that at least was pretty transparent being a time thing.

texasmed
May 27, 2004
super vegeta bros

Took me about 2 hours of grinding and about 8-10 SSJ Vegetas, which I was getting about 1/3 the time. Time to wreck the rest of the story, I guess.

edit: tried to make my goku black, didn't work all that well.

texasmed fucked around with this message at 05:47 on Mar 1, 2015

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Onmi posted:

My only wish is that more armor pieces were customizable colour wise. I hate being out of uniform.

Yeah this is exactly where I'm at. Reaaaally wish I could customize colors on more outfits, as a result I just go back to uniform.

Oh well. Still cool to collect different DBZ dudes' poo poo. Got me a Krillin hat :cheeky:

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
I've seen huge threads about getting SSJ 1 from that other PQ, maybe the SSJ forms are just hidden behind the most terrible RNG imaginable. If this is you, please do not attempt. You can buy SSJ 1 from the store for 40k after Cell.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Zaphod42 posted:

Yeah this is exactly where I'm at. Reaaaally wish I could customize colors on more outfits, as a result I just go back to uniform.

Oh well. Still cool to collect different DBZ dudes' poo poo. Got me a Krillin hat :cheeky:

I also wish I could put on a hat without losing my flowing yamcha/kid gohan locks.

EDIT: And different accessory slots for eyes and heads, I'll put on my Yamcha Sword, sunglasses and Krillin hat in honor of my first master.

Second master right now is Vegeta, which is "Spam Galick Gun until they are dead"

I was gonna keep grinding for Kaioken x3 but it's like "Maybe start the freiza saga you're probably over levelled at level 20"

Onmi fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Mar 1, 2015

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

texasmed posted:

super vegeta bros

Took me about 2 hours of grinding and about 8-10 SSJ Vegetas, which I was getting about 1/3 the time. Time to wreck the rest of the story, I guess.

It's the true end game. Those who have obtained Super Vegeta and those who have broken their controllers.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
I'm a simple Saiyan. I'm a weird guy who doesn't mind looking like an extra in King Vegeta's throne room.

The bottoms are Ginyu pants. I think it's cool that the Saiyan torso has the tail and stuff, it just gets overwritten with certain bottoms. This way I can have a tail, and pants.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

One more dragonball until I can make my first wish. What should I use it on?

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

better multiplayer servers

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Bubba Smith posted:

It's the true end game. Those who have obtained Super Vegeta and those who have broken their controllers.
Sorry guys, I just got Super Vegeta on my first SSJ Vegeta spawn.

It was my 7th time doing the mission to get him to spawn but still feels good. Now to redo it again because I didn't Z-Rank it :V

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

cams posted:

Sorry guys, I just got Super Vegeta on my first SSJ Vegeta spawn.

It was my 7th time doing the mission to get him to spawn but still feels good. Now to redo it again because I didn't Z-Rank it :V

W-what? How is that possible?! I'm a Super Elite!

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

I bought a Hercule wig to send to my friend and I couldn't, what is this horseshit?

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Beat the campaign just now. I love how the final villain asks "How is this possible? How are you doing this?" just like all shonen villains. The answer of course is "I am a self-insert fan character!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook
Is master training story or level gated or something? My bar for Vegeta says Max, but he doesn't have any quests for me. I'm up through Cell.

• Locked thread