Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

Chas McGill posted:

Typical media bias towards Celtic imo

Aberdeen have asked for more tickets for the March the 1st game. We've said naw.

Not sure why given its unlikely to be a sell out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hyper from Pixie Sticks
Sep 28, 2004

Petty revenge since they cut our allocation earlier in the season, I believe.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Our name on the scoreboard will be changed to Carbuncle of the North and everything.

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.

jre posted:

Aberdeen have asked for more tickets for the March the 1st game. We've said naw.

Not sure why given its unlikely to be a sell out.

We sold out our allocation, so if you're happy with holes in your stadium whatever.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Hes saying he's not sure why they havent allowed aberdeen more tickets since it wont be a sell out you muppet.

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.
Reading comprehension is hard on the phone sometimes.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Coohoolin posted:

Reading comprehension is hard on the phone sometimes.

Maybe you would comprehend it better if you translated it into your native German, or French, or Italian, or Romansh.

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

Apparently Russ was refereeing the Hamilton - Aberdeen game

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.

Shrapnig posted:

Maybe you would comprehend it better if you translated it into your native German, or French, or Italian, or Romansh.

I was born in England and my native language is English.

duckmaster
Sep 13, 2004
Mr and Mrs Duck go and stay in a nice hotel.

One night they call room service for some condoms as things are heating up.

The guy arrives and says "do you want me to put it on your bill"

Mr Duck says "what kind of pervert do you think I am?!

QUACK QUACK

Shrapnig posted:

:lol: because Coohoolin is Swiss! And let's throw a bit of Roma racism in there, for no apparent reason.

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

duckmaster posted:

And let's throw a bit of Roma racism in there, for no apparent reason.
Romansh is an official language in Switzerland

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

duckmaster posted:

:lol: because Coohoolin is Swiss! And let's throw a bit of Roma racism in there, for no apparent reason.

They're called Gypsies lol and Romansh has zero to do with any of it read a book sometime lmao

Russ
Dec 17, 2005

Chimping around, kick my brains round the floor
These are the days - it never rains but it pours

jre posted:

Apparently Russ was refereeing the Hamilton - Aberdeen game

Inconclusive.

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.

duckmaster posted:

I appreciate the effort, but Romansh is a language spoken by a handful of people in Grigioni that sounds like a weird mix between Swiss German and alpine Ticino dialect, and has very little to do with Romani. Although some Romanians I've met have insisted they can understand some of it.

I don't speak Romansh, for the record.

duckmaster
Sep 13, 2004
Mr and Mrs Duck go and stay in a nice hotel.

One night they call room service for some condoms as things are heating up.

The guy arrives and says "do you want me to put it on your bill"

Mr Duck says "what kind of pervert do you think I am?!

QUACK QUACK

Chris de Sperg posted:

Romansh is an official language in Switzerland

In the thread where Celtic are routinely referred to as an Irish team and Coohoolin is the Swiss-born tax dodging yes-voter whipping-boy, this is language politics and you know it.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
Celtic are referred as an Irish team because Badvertising mistakenly thought they genuinely were an Irish team you div

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Coohoolin posted:

I appreciate the effort, but Romansh is a language spoken by a handful of people in Grigioni that sounds like a weird mix between Swiss German and alpine Ticino dialect, and has very little to do with Romani. Although some Romanians I've met have insisted they can understand some of it.

I don't speak Romansh, for the record.

You don't seem to speak English that often either.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

Blue Star Error posted:

Celtic are referred as an Irish team because Badvertising mistakenly thought they genuinely were an Irish team you div

Tbf so did most of their fans

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

duckmaster posted:

In the thread where Celtic are routinely referred to as an Irish team and Coohoolin is the Swiss-born tax dodging yes-voter whipping-boy, this is language politics and you know it.

Umm, while there's a lot of not very ironic racist stuff about celtic itt , the Irish team thing is a running joke,

Blue Star Error posted:

They'll be dancing in the streets of Dublin tonight. etc etc

Total Meatlove posted:

Tbf so did most of their fans
:golfclap:

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

duckmaster posted:

Never attribute to malevolence what can be explained by Wikipedia

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.

serious gaylord posted:

You don't seem to speak English that often either.

I just finished my dissertation and don't have to take this kind of crap. Hmpf.

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

So after my , the Aberdeen game will be nowhere near a sell out, I checked out the ticket situation today and theres almost nothing left.

Should be a good atmosphere then. :suspense:

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.
You'll be restring your good players for the second inter leg as well so who knows what will happen! Fixture of the year so far.

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

Coohoolin posted:

You'll be restring your good players for the second inter leg as well so who knows what will happen! Fixture of the year so far.

Return leg is next week for some reason.

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

Hearts struggling badly today, gives Rangers some hope

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches
What did Jordan McMillan do?

Grievo
Jul 13, 2006

God.

The Big Taff Man posted:

What did Jordan McMillan do?

Lots of class A things.

The Hearts game today was pretty good.

Grievo fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Mar 1, 2015

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Blue Star Error posted:

Badvertising was truly a gift to this forum

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

vyelkin posted:

Badvertising was truly a gift to this forum

Did he get a trophy for that?

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012
Aberdeen are poo poo.

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

Her Dryer posted:

Aberdeen are poo poo.

They're not as good as that.

Coohoolin's taking it badly.

jre fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Mar 1, 2015

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
:cry:

The Hausu Usher
Feb 9, 2010

:spooky:
Screaming is the only useful thing that we can do.

I would've taken the draw going into it - totally underestimated how Ronnie has actually just replaced our players with unforgiving robots who can run & do awkward celebrations forever.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
I think he just put all the forgiveness and also tiredness into Guidetti judging by that game.

The Hausu Usher
Feb 9, 2010

:spooky:
Screaming is the only useful thing that we can do.

Insurrectionist posted:

I think he just put all the forgiveness and also tiredness into Guidetti judging by that game.

Think Marseille has filled his head with cheese, baguettes & Remi videos. Wouldn't sign.

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

BisonDollah posted:

I would've taken the draw going into it - totally underestimated how Ronnie has actually just replaced our players with unforgiving robots who can run & do awkward celebrations forever.

Here's a picture of Johansen before Deila was his manager

Bit of a physique change :stare:

jre fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Mar 1, 2015

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Stefan Johansen is my favorite northerner.

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

jre posted:

Here's a picture of Johansen before Deila was his manager

Bit of a physique change :stare:

Tbf he was just a kid back then, playing for us at a very strange period when we were poo poo relegation fodder with a terrible coach unable to see what everyone else saw in him. For some reason he was shifted out to the left wing instead of in the middle where he had dominated for years at youth level. Stefan was also a little bitch about it, got fat and skipped training because he was some sort of teenage primadonna.

Then his contract ran out and he wasn't wanted anymore and he didn't want to stay anyway and somehow all the big clubs wanted to sign him still. Deila signed him on a free, straightened him out and 18 months later he was the best player in the country by far.

It still makes me really angry that we couldn't get more out of him than that :(

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

euroboy posted:

Tbf he was just a kid back then, playing for us at a very strange period when we were poo poo relegation fodder with a terrible coach unable to see what everyone else saw in him. For some reason he was shifted out to the left wing instead of in the middle where he had dominated for years at youth level. Stefan was also a little bitch about it, got fat and skipped training because he was some sort of teenage primadonna.

Then his contract ran out and he wasn't wanted anymore and he didn't want to stay anyway and somehow all the big clubs wanted to sign him still. Deila signed him on a free, straightened him out and 18 months later he was the best player in the country by far.

It still makes me really angry that we couldn't get more out of him than that :(

He's been brilliant for us this season, and his fitness is unreal. Here's a quote from the bbc match report from todays game
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/31572587

quote:

With freakishly impressive stamina, Johansen grew in influence as the game progressed. Another burst into the penalty area, full of energy and deadly instinct, and Brown had to move quickly to block the midfielder's shot.
He's scoring quite consistently now as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

Is he better than Harald Brattbakk, another ex Bodø/Glimt star, was?

• Locked thread