Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

Rutibex posted:

I don't know about that, board games tend to retain their value. The K-Tel Superstar game was released brand new in 1973 for $5.99, when I later found it in a thrift store in 2013 it was $4.99 losing only 17% of its value over 40 years! Few other goods will retain their value so well :eng101:

$5.99 in 1973 is $31.53 in today-money, so it lost over 80% of its value. :eng101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

homullus posted:

$5.99 in 1973 is $31.53 in today-money, so it lost over 80% of its value. :eng101:
:thejoke:

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

Huntsekker posted:

The Wizard of Oz card game (Kickstarter edition)

LMFAO

You would have to pay me to take that away from you. What a piece of poo poo. You have my condolences.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Huntsekker posted:

Basically I need more space if i'm going to buy anything else, so some stuff I don't play has to go:

Munchkin with like every promo and expansion up to 6 or 7 or so

The problem with selling a lot of those is the size makes shipping too much for people to want to spend. I sold Netrunner x2 with a couple of small expansions for like 40 last month and after shipping I made like 15 bucks. :(

I will PayPal you $20 if you burn the Munchkin set and make a video as proof.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Rutibex posted:

Oh poo poo.

Poison Mushroom posted:

You know a game is bad when even Rutibex won't defend it.

cbirdsong
Sep 8, 2004

Commodore of the Apocalypso
Lipstick Apathy
I have my box of Munchkin crap in the garage sale pile right now, and I almost want to throw it away instead of saddling some unknowing kid with it.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

cbirdsong posted:

I have my box of Munchkin crap in the garage sale pile right now, and I almost want to throw it away instead of saddling some unknowing kid with it.
Just sell the box, and put a piece of paper in there with this thread's URL and the login information of a parachute account.

Huntsekker
May 2, 2003

"That really was the most fun I've had with anything Munchkin related ever."

Broken Loose posted:

LMFAO

You would have to pay me to take that away from you. What a piece of poo poo. You have my condolences.

Yeah. Little did I know how bad it was. Such is the promise of kickstarters though.

Rutibex posted:

It's icy here in Texas, if I burn them in the fireplace, would that count?

Huntsekker
May 2, 2003

Edit: double post!

Huntsekker fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Mar 1, 2015

Durendal
Jan 25, 2008

Who made you God to say
"I'll take your sheep from you?"

Rutibex posted:

:toxx:

Make it happen, Hunt!

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Huntsekker posted:

Yeah. Little did I know how bad it was. Such is the promise of kickstarters though.

It's icy here in Texas, if I burn them in the fireplace, would that count?

A Munchkin-burning yule log video

Huntsekker
May 2, 2003

Durendal posted:

:toxx:

Make it happen, Hunt!

Getting the fire ready now. Should have results/video soon.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Huntsekker posted:

:captainpop:

unpronounceable
Apr 4, 2010

You mean we still have another game to go through?!
Fallen Rib

Huntsekker posted:

:munch:

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
I too am excited for this event to occur.

Huntsekker
May 2, 2003

Vimeo says it'll be ready in 45 minutes. Vimeo sucks. anyone know of anything faster to upload to?

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

Huntsekker posted:

Vimeo says it'll be ready in 45 minutes. Vimeo sucks. anyone know of anything faster to upload to?

Youtube?

Huntsekker
May 2, 2003

Shoulda shot in landscape mode. Oh well:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQj1IItrsQw

Huntsekker fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Mar 1, 2015

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Huntsekker posted:

Shoulda shot in portrait mode. Oh well:

:allears: I'm so happy this happened!

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Huntsekker posted:

Shoulda shot in portrait mode. Oh well:

They should have sent a poet.

Diosamblet
Oct 9, 2004

Me and my shadow
After a year of barking up the wrong tree, I finally managed to get a big game night organized at the office. There was a hitch or two (Maybe check ahead of time to find out if the bar you're going to is actually open before 6pm. Oops!) but overall it was great!
We tried to bring only light/easy/fast games, so among 2 groups we ended up playing Love Letter, King of Tokyo, Apples to Apples (the bar copy), Lost Legacy: The Starship, and later after a few left we merged and played Bang! The Dice Game, The Resistance: Avalon, and Coup.
Bang! The Dice Game produced the most drunken shouting and chaos by far, but I think overall Avalon was the hit. Even the people who seemed a bit lost in other games got into the spirit of that one.

Next time I'm going to try to mix in some more mechanics, and maybe by the third one bring in a "deeper" game like maybe Lords of Waterdeep or San Juan for people down for a bit more complexity. Only a few of us play board games as "hobbyists" so I wouldn't want to scare off the folks just looking for an excuse to socialize with co-workers.

For the next batch I am hoping to introduce Dominion, Forbidden Island, Yardmaster Express, Hanabi, Sheriff of Nottingham, and Takenoko. I brought some of these already but the energy/noise level wasn't right for them, Any extra-light but quality games I'm leaving out?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Poison Mushroom posted:

They should have sent a poet.

Singing counts as poetry!

The End
Apr 16, 2007

You're welcome.

Huntsekker posted:

Thread delivers.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Huntsekker posted:

:golfclap:
I honestly didn't expect you to do it for such a paltry sum. PM me you PayPal details and I'll send you your $20. It may take me a day or so to figure it out I haven't used PayPal in a while :v:

Rutibex fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Mar 1, 2015

Huntsekker
May 2, 2003

Some Numbers posted:

Singing counts as poetry!

That really was the most fun I've had with anything munchkin related in a long while.

Huntsekker
May 2, 2003

Rutibex posted:

:golfclap:
I honestly didn't expect you do do it for such a paltury sum. PM me you PayPal details and I'll send you your $20. It may take me a day or so to figure it out I haven't used PayPal in a while :v:

Eh, I've got cabin fever and it made me laugh. They've just been sitting in a closet for years anyways. PMing you details now.

unpronounceable
Apr 4, 2010

You mean we still have another game to go through?!
Fallen Rib

Huntsekker posted:

That really was the most fun I've had with anything munchkin related ever.

rchandra
Apr 30, 2013

Huntsekker posted:

Can we add this as a video entry on BGG's Munchkin page?

All hail Huntsekker and Rutibex.

dishwasherlove
Nov 26, 2007

The ultimate fusion of man and machine.

From whence it came. Ashes to ashes, dust to dust.

Lichtenstein
May 31, 2012

It'll make sense, eventually.
And now Rutibex turns into a handsome prince.

These Loving Eyes
Jun 6, 2009

Huntsekker posted:

But was it FUN?

EDIT: Beaten.

These Loving Eyes fucked around with this message at 10:35 on Mar 1, 2015

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Huntsekker posted:

poo poo games roasting in an open fire...

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3703687

I made the online boardgaming thread, feel free to come poo poo all over my reviews!

Fat Turkey
Aug 1, 2004

Gobble Gobble Gobble!
I finished my inserts for Tash Kalar + expansion. This is my first ever foamboard creation, and I'm not sure I've followed the 'rules' but it works fine for me. I looked about and couldn't find any reference or anyone having done this (with pictures), so this is all my own design and guesswork.

http://imgur.com/a/w0iO6

I've no idea about the update, but the original Tash Kalar had a laughably awful lack of any kind of insert beyond some thing card. My insert has three layers. The bottom layer holds the game board snugly in place, with a thumb hole for easy removal.

The second layer holds the player/scoring boards. There's only four of these in the main game, five with expansion, and then nine if you are like me and upgraded but are scared to throw the old ones away. So for now all nine live in the second layer, which means there's enough room for more with expansions.

The top layer is just a box. I has originally designed it as 8 card/chip holders, but once I made the original box, it just was easier for it to hold the instructions and Everfrost frozen board and all the cards and chips in assorted plastic bags, that making deck slots seemed to be a waste of time.

Huntsekker
May 2, 2003

Thanks for the avatar and custom title, kind random goon!

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
Got Pictomania to the table last night - typical Vlaada experience, heavily-front-loaded instructions worrying everyone, then once you start playing, perfectly elegant gameplay experience. Probably sold another three copies last night. :allears:

Bobfly
Apr 22, 2007
EGADS!
Y'all making me want pictomania like a crazy person. Is there any word on whether the English language version is available in Europe at all? Out will be.

Big McHuge
Feb 5, 2014

You wait for the war to happen like vultures.
If you want to help, prevent the war.
Don't save the remnants.

Save them all.
Is it really rules-heavy? I thought it was just essentially Pictionary with the playing field leveled by having outrageously hard things to draw.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
I picked up a used copy of Galaxy Truckers with both the expansions. We've never even played the base game before. Should we jump right in and learn the whole thing from the start, or separate out the base pieces and learn that first?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Imagined posted:

I picked up a used copy of Galaxy Truckers with both the expansions. We've never even played the base game before. Should we jump right in and learn the whole thing from the start, or separate out the base pieces and learn that first?

Everything at once becomes hugely complicated very quickly. A lot of stuff is specifically there to make sure you can no longer do “safe” builds because there are simply too many different threats to cover them all. If you add that in before you've even gotten your head around what makes a safe build, it'll end in tears laughter. And that's before you even begin to throw in such direct screw-you aspects as Rough Roads, Evil Machinations, and the more complex ship variants.

The whole game is very modular anyway, so taking it one step at a time is good idea. Aside from the whole component separation, you can scale up or down as you will to match exactly how many you want to cross the finish line in something more than a single, engine-less crew cabin.

It's a bit of a faff, but will probably yield a more welcoming first (couple of) playthrough(s).