Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tao of lmao

i played around with the lance briefly last night. I wonder if it's worth switching and trying to learn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bog pixie

lance_julio

Grass Effect
been replaying kibry & the amazing mirror. best kirby game

problematic hug

I heard them say we've reached Morrowind, I'm sure they'll let us go.

Scaly Haylie

the new dragonball game seriously owns.

deep dish peat moss

Lizard Wizard posted:

the new dragonball game seriously owns.

I played this at my friend's house and it's really good, and I want it, but I can't afford it any time soon

deep dish peat moss

I hope the online play is not dead when I can get it

Scaly Haylie

blaise rascal

"Duke, Duke, Duke, Duke of Pearl...."
I'm kind of sad because I think I've finished all of the Telltale games I would enjoy. Namely Monkey Island 5 and all the Sam and Max games.

ty vanisher, ty khanstant

deep dish peat moss

I'm bored of video games again.

bwatts

Funnypost Collabo posted:

I'm bored of video games again.

have you played dark soulls

Gone Fashing

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN
has anyone plaed the blizzard moba

GEExCEE

my friend dan played it and he doesnt like it

i am he

is the blizzard team fortress 2 rip off out yet

GEExCEE

idea for a blitzared gameL: world of warcraft, on weed

GEExCEE

for an extra $100, blizzard will hook you UP for the month iykwimaitud

nvm no cake

Finn Pennywhistle posted:

I heard them say we've reached Morrowind, I'm sure they'll let us go.

Quiet, here comes the guard.

3D Megadoodoo

i remember when i first played morrowind and i never noticed the jumpy wizard dude lol

3D Megadoodoo

Jerry Cotton posted:

i remember when i first played morrowind and i never noticed the jumpy wizard dude lol

well i guess that means i remember the second time i played morrowing and did notice him and was like "this didn't happen last time"

nvm no cake

Jerry Cotton posted:

it was one of the first things that happened to me as a young child on my first time playing it. i was confused as hell and using his scroll to jump thousands of feet into the air and fall to my death shortly after didn't help with that confusion.

3D Megadoodoo

The Green Calx posted:

it was one of the first things that happened to me as a young child on my first time playing it. i was confused as hell and using his scroll to jump thousands of feet into the air and fall to my death shortly after didn't help with that confusion.

i can't even imagine what it would've been like to have games like morrowing when i was a kid. was it great? i bet it was great.

"confusion" p much described my first experiences with morrowind anyway and i was probably 28 or 30 when i first played it?

3D Megadoodoo

i keep typing morrowing and i have no idea why. am i having a stroke?

playground tough

Brillo_Pad posted:

it sucks unless you REALLY like their whole objective based pvp BG type of poo poo

Miss Psychosis

Jerry Cotton posted:

i keep typing morrowing and i have no idea why. am i having a stroke?

God I hope so.

3D Megadoodoo

Miss Psychosis posted:

God I hope so.

t's   de

Awesome!

Ready for adventure!

i am he posted:

is the blizzard team fortress 2 rip off out yet

the beta is supposed to be "this year" no idea on release outside of that

nvm no cake

Jerry Cotton posted:

i can't even imagine what it would've been like to have games like morrowing when i was a kid. was it great? i bet it was great.

"confusion" p much described my first experiences with morrowind anyway and i was probably 28 or 30 when i first played it?

it spawned a lifetime love of video games. i must have been around 11 or 12 when it came out so it blew my young pre-teen mind

Scaly Haylie

i bought a hercule wig in the new dragonball game and couldn't send it to my friend, this is bullshit

3D Megadoodoo

The Green Calx posted:

it spawned a lifetime love of video games. i must have been around 11 or 12 when it came out so it blew my young pre-teen mind

when i was that age i was playing like congo bongo, summer games, and mr robot BUT IT STILL BLEW MY MIND

dogcrash truther

Funnypost Collabo posted:

I'm playing this game called Catacomb Kids and it's nuts

http://store.steampowered.com/app/315840/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LaHTgdFD4hU

everyone should aply it. The best way I can describe it is Dark Souls: Procedural Roguelike Platformer edition.

The number of ways you can interact with the environment is pretty staggering. I threw a rock at a torch on the wall, knocking it over on to a couple of orcs and lighting them on fire, then turned invisible and stabbed them in the back while they were burning. If you throw a potion of poison it will create a pool of liquid poison that will poison items dipped in it. Combat is very much like dark souls, you have a dodge roll with iframes, a couple different attacks for each weapon, dashing and dashing attacks, etc. As you level up you can unlock more traits like parkour abilities that let you run up walls.

I made my guy really smart and he learned trigonometry and was able to predict the trajectory of thrown objects. You can use anything in the game as a throwing weapon so I started throwing potions. I threw an unidentified potion at a rat, turns out it was a potion of invisibility. An invisible rat stalked me around stealing my items and running away with them until I died.

the game looks lik e it was made useing the starbound engine

Scaly Haylie

dogcrash truther posted:

the game looks lik e it was made useing the starbound engine

it looks more like a mix of rogue legacy and spelunky classic to me

Stormyish

Banished is pretty good

deep dish peat moss

I like Banished. It's one of the 3 good City Builders. Download the Colonial Charter mod from Steam Workshop if you haven't, it adds a bunch of new buildings, resources, jobs etc.

deep dish peat moss

My only problem with Banished is once you figure it out, nothing really changes... if you know the proper size to make your fields + pastures, how many people to assign to each task and how to use the game's kind of weird pathfinding to set up unintuitive supply chains, then you've conquered everything the game has to offer, the only option you have left is to quit playing or keep doing the same thing.

Stormyish

I had a really good town going and then a tornado ran straight through it
the only utility building that survived was the tavern along with the brewer

deep dish peat moss

For some reason the only disasters I ever saw were plagues, and they're just kind of a dice roll since your citizens don't always realize they're sick and will keep working and spreading the plague until everyone is dead.

WetNightmare

by sebmojo
guys a video game just looked at me

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

deep dish peat moss

There's a lot of weird problems in the game like that, if someone has the plague and they're on the way to the doctor but they get hungry, they'll abandon the doctor and go pick up food from the storehouse and get everyone else sick along the way, or sometimes they'll say "You know what, going to work today is more important than seeing the doctor about my plague". I think it's supposed to be a representation of the American wage slave/healthcare system.

Pro Target

Brillo_Pad posted:

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deep dish peat moss

Comparing Catacomb Kids to Starbound is like comparing Dark Souls to Minecraft. But I see where you're coming from, the character sprites look similar (multi)xpost