Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY

Gyges posted:

On the other hand all Obama has to do is find the right way to say that he doesn't like Scott Walker and the guy is untouchable in the Republican primary. I'm sure Obama and the Clintons are currently strategizing over when and whom to come out against in order to assure the most clownish opponent for Hillary. Probably texting with Reed for tips too. If they thread the needle just right they'll be laughing their way through 2016's Cruz/Walker windmill tilt fest.

I hope he doesn't do this because I'm out 50 bucks if Walker wins the primary.

I guess I could double or nothing for the general though :cool:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

Cliff Racer posted:

I bet you'd get your rear end kicked, Walker already beat two competent opponents in his gubernatorial elections and turned back a recall attempt.

Scott Walker is a moron so I think I'd place bets on his opponent in hypothetical drunk GBS mod - Walker debate.

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

He is also poo poo at sandwich-making

should work harder at projecting an image of charming domesticity. Put some mustard on there or something.

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax

PupsOfWar posted:

He is also poo poo at sandwich-making

should work harder at projecting an image of charming domesticity. Put some mustard on there or something.

It better be real American French mustard instead of that stupid french fancy mustard. Obama made this mistake once...

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

gnarlyhotep posted:

I bet I could run against Walker, and be completely drunk as gently caress and still come out looking like a contender

It seems like a few functional alcoholic candidates would revitalize the GOP.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

SedanChair posted:

It seems like a few functional alcoholic candidates would revitalize the GOP.

Well, the last two were Nixon and George W., so.....

Meg From Family Guy
Feb 4, 2012
The guy I disagree with politically is an idiot and most certainly a biological retard.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Meg From Family Guy posted:

The guy I disagree with politically is an idiot and most certainly a biological retard.

*drunkenly thumbs up and passes out*

*still gets votes*

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Well they did reelect Reagan, and speaking about his brain biologically by 86....

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

You keep saying this when reality is backing up the japes of the thread. Try and keep the powder dry for when we go off on someone undeserving. Like if we derail in a series of posts about how Jeb hates Latinos.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Deep Hurting
Jan 19, 2006

Oh, I don't know about it being biological. Like, maybe Scott's mom dropped him on his head when he was a baby.

Bizarro Watt
May 30, 2010

My responsibility is to follow the Scriptures which call upon us to occupy the land until Jesus returns.

I haven't seen anything to suggest that he isn't not-very-bright.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

The idiot and most certainly a biological retard is a guy I just happen to disagree with politically.

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

downs-syndrome david schwimmer, I'm tellin ya

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Seriously are there any vision issues from having eyes so offset?

How would he even wear glasses if he needed them? It'd look ridiculous.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
Scott is probably insanely self conscious about not finishing college. I wouldn't be surprised if did some online trickery to get a degree before his presidential campaign starts.

EDIT: But should probably say that I don't think him not having finished college makes him an idiot or any less qualified than anyone else, considering noted melty face Ted Cruz has some pretty prestigious degrees but he can't figure out politics so save his life.

Venom Snake fucked around with this message at 07:45 on Mar 1, 2015

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?

Venom Snake posted:

Scott is probably insanely self conscious about not finishing college. I wouldn't be surprised if did some online trickery to get a degree before his presidential campaign starts.

EDIT: But should probably say that I don't think him not having finished college makes him an idiot or any less qualified than anyone else, considering noted melty face Ted Cruz has some pretty prestigious degrees but he can't figure out politics so save his life.

No instead he's spending his time dismantling the entire Wisconsin education system and trying to make all the research programs emphasize company interests than the betterment of the state. He must have gotten burned by college and decided to destroy it for everyone else.

Deep Hurting
Jan 19, 2006

Venom Snake posted:

Cruz can't even figure out Dr. Seuss.

PupsOfWar posted:

downs-syndrome david schwimmer, I'm tellin ya

David Duuurcovny.

Fox Mulduuurrrr.

Deep Hurting fucked around with this message at 08:13 on Mar 1, 2015

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Neeksy posted:

No instead he's spending his time dismantling the entire Wisconsin education system and trying to make all the research programs emphasize company interests than the betterment of the state. He must have gotten burned by college and decided to destroy it for everyone else.

I still fail to see why he dropped out. So what if you have to take an extra semester or two? Almost everyone these days spends more than 4 years in college. Hell, my degree has a 5 year minimum.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

gnarlyhotep posted:

*drunkenly thumbs up and passes out*

*still gets votes*

This was me in 2014.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Nonsense posted:

This was me in 2014.

it's me in GBS

hell after the last management I could be Pol Pot and still be hailed as a hero

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

gnarlyhotep posted:

it's me in GBS

hell after the last management I could be Pol Pot and still be hailed as a hero

I mean I disagree with the man's philosophies, but you have to admit, gnarleyhtop has some good policies

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Chokes McGee posted:

I mean I disagree with the man's philosophies, but you have to admit, gnarleyhtop has some good policies

Say what you want about the tenets of Accelerationism, Dude, at least it's an ethos.

DynamicSloth
Jul 30, 2006

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."

Venom Snake posted:

Cruz is set for life as a U.S. Senator, I wouldn't say he hasn't figured out politics just because he's alienated half his party, when it's quite apparent he set out to alienate half his party as he didn't owe them his job and has sincere (if batshit) ideological reasons for doing so. That probably doesn't put him in any kind of position to win the Presidency in 2016, but that's not exactly unusual for anyone who has only been a Senator for 3 years.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

DynamicSloth posted:

Cruz is set for life as a U.S. Senator

He's not a guaranteed shoe in because if there's one group that hates Cruz more than the national GOP it's the Perry machine for loving over dewhurst in his senate campaign.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Raskolnikov38 posted:

He's not a guaranteed shoe in because if there's one group that hates Cruz more than the national GOP it's the Perry machine for loving over dewhurst in his senate campaign.
Is Cruz or Walker the guy who now has Rick Perry's "I Beat A Lousy State Democratic Party A Bunch Of Times, So I Am Definitely Your Next President" championship belt? I assume Walker of course.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

DynamicSloth posted:

Cruz is set for life as a U.S. Senator, I wouldn't say he hasn't figured out politics just because he's alienated half his party, when it's quite apparent he set out to alienate half his party as he didn't owe them his job and has sincere (if batshit) ideological reasons for doing so. That probably doesn't put him in any kind of position to win the Presidency in 2016, but that's not exactly unusual for anyone who has only been a Senator for 3 years.

I wouldn't go so far as to say he's set for life in the Senate, because not only has he alienated at least half of his own party, he's pissed off the Perry machine in particular back in Texas.

EDIT: Raskolnikov38! :argh:

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Nessus posted:

Is Cruz or Walker the guy who now has Rick Perry's "I Beat A Lousy State Democratic Party A Bunch Of Times, So I Am Definitely Your Next President" championship belt? I assume Walker of course.

Hey, Tony Sanchez was a hell of a candidate

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Save us from the oligarchy George P. Bush!!

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
I gotta be honest: If there's one person on the CPAC Straw Poll that I would consider to have a real possibility of getting 51% in the general, it would be Marco Rubio. That the core base has disowned him is irrelevant, they'll still turn out to vote against Hillary.
The catastrophic failure of Scott Walker's policies in Wisconsin would crush him if he somehow got the nomination.
There is nothing that would get apathetic voters to turn out more than the possibility of a third Bush in the White House, even if the alternative was another Clinton.
Ted Cruz is a loving wingnut and even if he was popular enough in the primaries to get the nomination despite the establishment despising him he'd be obliterated in the general.
Ben Carson has literally no political experience.
Santorum is a joke, as are Perry and Huckabee.
Trump, and Palin are less than jokes.
Christie is Christie, come the gently caress on.
Rand Paul? Rand Paul.
Lindsey Graham is a 60 year old bachelor, and it sure as hell isn't because he's married to his job (He's unlovable.)
John Bolton? Are you making GBS threads me?
George Pataki? He's 70.
Bobby Jindal? ...

...maybe???

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Bobby Jindal? ...

...maybe???

Between botching his SOTU response several years ago, bungling the state-level response to Deepwater Horizon, and "Volcano research, who the hell needs tha-*massive natural disaster hits,*" I think "maybe" is being too generous for Jindal.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

I'm glad Cruz is making a run of it just because he is not one to ever lose an argument but also doesn't seem to understand the concept of a pyrrhic victory. As long as he can get media attention at all I fully expect him to stay in the running until the bitter end just so that he can get right jabs in at whoever the leader is.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

My one worldly desire before I leave this mortal coil is to see a national convention go beyond a single vote. If Ted Cruz only nets one delegate, he still furthers this plan and I fully support his journey.

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.
All I know is that whoever the nominees end up being, they are going to tear each other apart so hard during the primaries.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Captain_Maclaine posted:

I wouldn't go so far as to say he's set for life in the Senate, because not only has he alienated at least half of his own party, he's pissed off the Perry machine in particular back in Texas.

EDIT: Raskolnikov38! :argh:

The Perry machine that supported the candidate he trounced 57-43 in his 2012 primary, yes?

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

I gotta be honest: If there's one person on the CPAC Straw Poll that I would consider to have a real possibility of getting 51% in the general, it would be Marco Rubio. That the core base has disowned him is irrelevant, they'll still turn out to vote against Hillary.

Does Rubio's completely fabricated "my parents were escaping Castro and seeking freedom in America" story and the subsequent admission they left years before the takeover disqualify him?

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Lindsey Graham is a 60 year old bachelor, and it sure as hell isn't because he's married to his job (He's unlovable.)

Be fair now. He just hasn't found the right... Ah never mind, I can't do it

Malloreon posted:

Does Rubio's completely fabricated "my parents were escaping Castro and seeking freedom in America" story and the subsequent admission they left years before the takeover disqualify him?

Nah, it's more the fact that he's a poo poo candidate that disqualifies him.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Zwabu posted:

Nah, it's more the fact that he's a poo poo candidate that disqualifies him.
But you could say the same thing about all the others. All of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SNAKES N CAKES
Sep 6, 2005

DAVID GAIDER
Lead Writer

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Ben Carson has literally no political experience.

Neither did Eisenhower.

• Locked thread