Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
What loving arcane magics to I need to use to beat the first Cell Saga mission

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

EVGA Longoria posted:

if i had a launch this bad at work, i'd be in some serious poo poo

"The thing you made is almost universally loved! You're fired!"

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

Nice to know you're the authority on SA for game development. I'll keep that in mind for when it's important.

I can't imagine a life where I boot up a game called Dragonball Xenoverse and I expect the utmost in design & development. But you're right we should all get super upset at these developers and publishers who dare ruin my perfect experience as a purple alien collecting dragon balls.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
The real frustrating thing about online interfering with being able to play singleplayer easily and without trouble is that the online lobby stuff that actually causes these problems is kind of dumb and pointless. I really don't know what huge benefit they saw in building the game this way.

PsychoInternetHawk
Apr 4, 2011

Perhaps, if one wishes to remain an individual in the midst of the teeming multitudes, one must make oneself grotesque.
Grimey Drawer
So I saw some people earlier who were making speed/basic attack-based builds, which is what I've been doing. As it turns out,the Z-Soul "I'm Niether Nami nor Piccolo Now!" is loving stupid and OP as hell for that build because between the gigantic stat boosts, auto guard, and insane regen with no downside whatsoever you can just punch the poo poo out of everything all day with no damage whatsoever.

If you rely a lot on Ki it's less useful because you need max Ki to get the regen, but god help your opponent if you're an attack-heavy majin because with the racial max-endurance defense boost you can facetank all day and just run away for a bit if your health starts to get low.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Dan Didio posted:

The real frustrating thing about online interfering with being able to play singleplayer easily and without trouble is that the online lobby stuff that actually causes these problems is kind of dumb and pointless. I really don't know what huge benefit they saw in building the game this way.

If you don't see the fun in looking at other people's gokus and spontaneous group posing like idiots then you don't understand the point of the game.

PsychoInternetHawk
Apr 4, 2011

Perhaps, if one wishes to remain an individual in the midst of the teeming multitudes, one must make oneself grotesque.
Grimey Drawer

MAKE WAY NEW STARS posted:

Yeah PQ difficulty is up and down all the way through.

gently caress that Cell Saga one that ends with you fighting SS Goku, Gohan, and...Trunks, I think? The entire screen turns into nonstop lasers and I can't get an opening. I've beaten a ton of higher level quests but I really have a hard time with that one.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Someone please compile a list of all skills associated with each mentor's Z-Soul tia

also, for people who didn't realize it, if you go to your mentor after you finished their quests, they may ask you to spar. If you do this, one of the possible rewards is a different version of their mentor soul which has a different effect.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
So am I missing something here? I've not been able to connect to the server much at all since Day 1...but I still play single player just fine. Just takes a minute or two spinning the little status wheel trying to connect before telling me "nope, it's not working" and dumping me into a CPU-populated tokitoki.

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice
gently caress the rng drops in this game. I cannot get Vegeta's stupid saying to drop and I've done the quest so many times I've lost count. I've gotten every drop but that and in the process have maxed out Vegeta on the master chart but I cannot continue :negative:

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

PsychoInternetHawk posted:

gently caress that Cell Saga one that ends with you fighting SS Goku, Gohan, and...Trunks, I think? The entire screen turns into nonstop lasers and I can't get an opening. I've beaten a ton of higher level quests but I really have a hard time with that one.

Tien yamcha krillen, then vegata and trunks, then goku gohan and piccolo. It's probably the hardest PQ I've tried so far. There's a later one around 40 or so where you fight SSJG goku and it's a total cakewalk in comparison and nets you ~17k xp

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Shits gettin' testy all up in the xenoverse thread

there's only one way to settle this: custom goku showdown for the honor of dimps

nvm no cake
Feb 27, 2011

So I saw some people earlier who were making speed/basic attack-based builds, which is what I've been doing. As it turns out,the Z-Soul "I'm Niether Nami nor Piccolo Now!" is loving stupid and OP as hell for that build because between the gigantic stat boosts, auto guard, and insane regen with no downside whatsoever you can just punch the poo poo out of everything all day with no damage whatsoever.

If you rely a lot on Ki it's less useful because you need max Ki to get the regen, but god help your opponent if you're an attack-heavy majin because with the racial max-endurance defense boost you can facetank all day and just run away for a bit if your health starts to get low.

Yeah, the healing Z-souls are really nice. My Goku is a Ki/Blast heavy type, so instead I'm using the "A god isn't what this world needs." Z-soul. Instead of having to keep my Ki at max, it gives you a moderate stat boost and health regen kicks in during reinforcement skills, which are any buff skills. So I keep Recoome kick on my ability list ,because when it hits it boosts attack, which makes my Z-soul activate every single time. As long as I keep that buff on, my health always regens to max, and I can keep using all my beautiful Ki skills.

I may end up swapping Recoome kick out for a Ginyu pose instead, just to make it a bit more reliable and not have to rely on the enemy sitting still for a second to hit them with the Recoome kick.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Got this from the xenoverse FB page

quote:

Dear Dragon Ball Xenoverse players,
you may be facing some issues to log on to Dragon Ball Xenoverse servers but be assured that we are taking care of this situation to fix it as soon as possible.
As of today and mainly on Playstation 4, you may face:
- Denied connection to the server
- Denied connection to single or multiplayer lobbies
- Unintentional log out after entering lobbies
In order to confirm the issues and solve them, we are working on:
- Tweaking servers configuration to adapt requirement of each platforms
- Keep on raising the log on limit for servers
- Changing settings of server database to improve stability.
When these changes will be applied to the servers, they may cause unintentional log out during gameplay or “server maintenance" status.
We are very sorry for the inconveniences caused and thank you for your patience
We will post regularly updates about our efforts.

So stuffs going down at least.

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

Anthrovore posted:

Shits gettin' testy all up in the xenoverse thread

there's only one way to settle this: custom goku showdown for the honor of dimps

I'm not sure how to screenshot on PS3. Not even sure it's possible.

Hobo Siege
Apr 24, 2008

by Cowcaster
This is the one time I'm kinda cool about the server problems because who the gently caress expected the first DBZ game on PC to top the best seller list days in a row?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

There's a lovely PQ set at the Buu Saga where Goku + Adult Gohan are both Super Saiyan and seemingly hard coded to juggle you with Super Kamehamehas.

If they'd done that in the show, they'd probably have that saga wrapped up in 20 episodes.

nvm no cake
Feb 27, 2011

Is there a fighting pose that boosts Ki supers/ultimates? Or Ki regen?

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

PQ 49 (i think) has you fight through every super saiyan in the game with nappa and raditz, and it turns out SSJ gotenks can just spam his ghost special which comes with a lengthy invulnerable animation time and make that part of the fight last 7-8 minutes alone.

I was 1/8th of a life bar off finishing vegeto when I ran out of time. gently caress you gotenks.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

BattleCattle posted:

I'm not sure how to screenshot on PS3. Not even sure it's possible.

On that note, how do I share images saved on the PS4 without posting on twitter or facebook?

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
The VC effect is in full bloom here as Bamco never expected this game to be this well revived just as much as the community was not expecting the game to be this good. DIMPS is probably getting barraged by calls asking when Xenoverse 2 is going into production.

Focacciasaurus_Rex
Dec 13, 2010
So does anyone know the exact relation between stat points spent to other benefits? It seems you get an extra ki or stamina bar every 15 points, and the HP is relatively straightforward, but the damage is not. How much more damage does a person with 100 to ki blasts do compared to someone with 50 or 0 using the same move? :shrug:

cams
Mar 28, 2003

The Green Calx posted:

Is there a fighting pose that boosts Ki supers/ultimates? Or Ki regen?
Fighting Pose G raises ki blast power.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Ometeotl posted:

On that note, how do I share images saved on the PS4 without posting on twitter or facebook?

Plug in a usb drive formatted to fat32 or fatex, go to capture gallery and find the screenshot you want then hit options and copy to usb device.

This doesn't work if you actually open the screenshot, you have to be at the list of files.

It'll let you select all the shots you want to copy and put them in a folder on the stick.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

...That's a lot more of a hassle than it should be, seeing as the Wii U and 3DS let you upload to image sites through the built in browser.

nvm no cake
Feb 27, 2011

cams posted:

Fighting Pose G raises ki blast power.

Nice, thanks!

Anyone have trouble finding the 3rd dragon ball in PQ08 "Namekian Dragon Balls"? I've completed it before, but I'm trying to run it again and I can't find the last dragon ball. :( I've searched the entire map twice, and nothing is showing up on my radar nor in my scan mode.

UberJumper
May 20, 2007
woop
I hit a wall fighting the mini-cell's. I am only level 24, and the actual PQ's that i can do give me like 1/6th the exp i need to level up.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Crabtree posted:

The VC effect is in full bloom here as Bamco never expected this game to be this well revived just as much as the community was not expecting the game to be this good. DIMPS is probably getting barraged by calls asking when Xenoverse 2 is going into production.

Some ui improvements, more color customization options for the clothing, some more pq quests, and some balance tweaking are all a potential xv2 really needs to be the best since budokai 3.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

The biggest thing the game needs right now is multiplayer parties in the singleplayer hub.

And the ability to just type someone's name in or invite them via Steam to your party in-game. Reinviting people to PQs over and over is really tedious.

nvm no cake
Feb 27, 2011

UberJumper posted:

I hit a wall fighting the mini-cell's. I am only level 24, and the actual PQ's that i can do give me like 1/6th the exp i need to level up.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Use the ultimate "Ultra Fighting Bomber" on them. It's an area explosion that does a ton of damage. Just run away until you gather Ki for it, then run into the middle of a bunch of them and blast away. They are too stupid to run away, and will take a ton of damage. Just make sure you have enough stamina to take their hits while the animation plays.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Great Beer posted:

Some ui improvements, more color customization options for the clothing, some more pq quests, and some balance tweaking are all a potential xv2 really needs to be the best since budokai 3.

I wouldn't mind that theory that someone said about going as far back as Dragon Ball to find Goku/maintain time as best as you can until you find him wouldn't be a bad story for XV2. Have a the weirdest parallel like quests be main missions where you have to fight an army of Red Ribbon Androids and whatever poo poo you hear NPC time patrol talk about doing in this game would be great.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

EVGA Longoria posted:

servers don't imprint or anything, you can always turn off servers and move them to the next game if you really so desire. a good developer will figure out a reasonable peak and plan for it. if i had a launch this bad at work, i'd be in some serious poo poo

also, this isn't like the game sold out everywhere and this is every copy in existence logging on at once. there's still tons of copies, so at least someone foresaw this as a possibility.

that said, it doesn't address the fact that they massively increased their server load by requiring single player lobby use the servers.

it really is their fault, and i'm sorry you feel the need to white knight corporations for their mistakes, that must be rough in this day and age.

Stop posting like you're on reddit. You don't need a space between every line and you should capitalize your drat sentances.
Sorry this is the first game you bought since 2010 grandpa :corsair:

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

MAKE WAY NEW STARS posted:

If you don't see the fun in looking at other people's gokus and spontaneous group posing like idiots then you don't understand the point of the game.

I'd prefer a competently developed multiplayer system to do that in, though. Useless regional matchmaking, pointless server checks and a largely useless hub world could have been way better and had the fun, quirky stuff like that all in one.

There's no real excuse for having a bad system with a few upsides when those upsides aren't inherent to the bad system.

Bleusilences
Jun 23, 2004

Be careful for what you wish for.

Evil Canadian posted:

Got this from the xenoverse FB page

So stuffs going down at least.

Why the gently caress in the year of the lord 2015 aren't they using a cloud base solution for their server need, this boggle the mind...

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Zaphod42 posted:

Stop posting like you're on reddit. You don't need a space between every line and you should capitalize your drat sentances.

lol 'sentances' :iceburn:

Really I can see it both ways- yes, this has become par for the course for online heavy game launches, but people can still be justifiably upset about major server issues in a game they paid sixty dollars for. On the other hand, calling dimps a "lovely developer" for making a love letter to DBZ that also happens to be the best dragonball game in years is going a bit far.

free hubcaps fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Mar 1, 2015

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Captain Oblivious posted:

Which one is that?
its one of 18's i think

definitely an android move. it's the thing #20 and #19 used on yamcha

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Zaphod42 posted:

lol wtf is this

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Is Tri Beam a skill in the game? I haven't seen it pop up yet..

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Do people online just fly straight at you because I'm a strike saiyan and I like to strafe to approach and that usually throws off every focused ki attack's lockon aspect, and then you wind up behind someone charging your own special.

Wait until the Dragonball meta shakes out, and we'll see the true limits of these so-called "Ki- Users"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

New Leaf posted:

Is Tri Beam a skill in the game? I haven't seen it pop up yet..

I've seen tien use it a few times so it's definitely in. No idea how to get it though.

• Locked thread