Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

steve would be apoplectic (if he would have actually signed off on the iphone 6 lol)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer
This phone is such a fail.
1 no replaceable battery
2 no sd card slot
3 16 mp camera, now over 20 plus
4 no snapdragon 810
5 Microsoft bloat apps
6 same design
7 2550 mah battery with a QHD screen, way too small
8 Samsung voice. Bloat we have google
9 tons of apps that if we wanted, would just download from google store
We will have tovwait for reviews on this so called nexus like ttouchwiz, but Samsung made all the wrong changes with very little of the right ones. I usually would buy a Samsung over HTC, but the m9 is better in every way

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

ahhahahahhhahaha

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

Athletic Footjob posted:

This phone is such a fail.
1 no replaceable battery
2 no sd card slot
3 16 mp camera, now over 20 plus
4 no snapdragon 810
5 Microsoft bloat apps
6 same design
7 2550 mah battery with a QHD screen, way too small
8 Samsung voice. Bloat we have google
9 tons of apps that if we wanted, would just download from google store
We will have tovwait for reviews on this so called nexus like ttouchwiz, but Samsung made all the wrong changes with very little of the right ones. I usually would buy a Samsung over HTC, but the m9 is better in every way

thanks

pram
Jun 10, 2001
its poo poo jerry

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

that curved screen is the most pointless poo poo.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Thanks Ants posted:

that curved screen is the most pointless poo poo.

what if you keep your phone on a shelf at exactly eye level and you need to know the time

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

samsung pulling out some carob poo poo to compete with the rich velvety chocolate that flows from apple

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

duTrieux. posted:

samsung pulling out some carob poo poo to compete with the rich velvety chocolate that flows from apple

They're going the "we know we're going to sell even less than our previous model so we're making people pay more for it" route.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Pinterest Mom posted:

what if you keep your phone on a shelf at exactly eye level and you need to know the time

i guess you're poo poo out of luck because the screen will have gone to sleep

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

the side of the screen will glow when you get a call and the color can be set for contacts

that's it, that's the killer feature

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
that is not a good phone

thankfully there are lots of other manufacturers of high quality android handsets out there

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

the killer apps of the sarnsung s6 involve avoiding actually holding and using the phone

smart

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Valeyard posted:

that is not a good phone

thankfully there are lots of other manufacturers of high quality android handsets out there

Lmao

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

lol I thought that was a iPhone 6 on top of a iPhone 6 Plus at first.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

!

the s6 and s6 edge are two separate phones
with identical specs
that differ only in that one has a curved edge

Apr 7, 2003

gently caress's the point of that.

pram
Jun 10, 2001
:pram:

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

wait scratch that there is one other difference

the s6 is available in black, white, gold, blue
the s6 edge is available in black, white, gold, green

(green? :gonk:)

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
hello operator? my phone is having a stroke!!

Maximum Leader
Dec 5, 2014
idk what 2 say, curved screen just suits my needs. its pretty epic combined with my cyanogen mod nightly roms i update my phone with every morning and my custom animes skin.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Maximum Leader posted:

idk what 2 say, curved screen just suits my needs. its pretty epic combined with my cyanogen mod nightly roms i update my phone with every morning and my custom animes skin.

why would you need curves in your phone screen when the anime girls on your home screen don't have any?

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Pinterest Mom posted:

!

with identical specs

lol i thought that was an s5 or whatever next to the new one. i predict the edge to get gently caress all sales but also be the only phone to get support for the new sarnsung watches or something stupid like that.

also the current generation of smart watches wont work with the s6, calling it now.

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Pinterest Mom posted:

wait scratch that there is one other difference

the s6 is available in black, white, gold, blue
the s6 edge is available in black, white, gold, green

(green? :gonk:)

don't forget that the s6 edge will undoubtedly cost more

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

having two SKUs where the only substantive difference is the curved edge makes it clear that the feature adds so little to the phone relative to cost that it's not even worth positioning as an integral feature.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

Maximum Leader posted:

i want you to defend this post, as if you were an iyg defender defending a saumsung galaxy s4 with cyanogen mod + sd card slot. it better be convincing or im going to put you on Posting Probation

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

its great that theres no removable battery or sd card. cue all of iyg buying chinaphones.

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

Pinterest Mom posted:

!

with identical specs

those icons look like trash

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

i wouldnt say the samsung galaxy s6 is iconic.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

need to see a profile pic of the edge cause I still like it. the gimmick and what the edge does it stupid as gently caress but the hardware looks cool from the front

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer
i want wireless charging is there a non phablet thats not the s6 and not the nexus 5 that does that

Apr 7, 2003

A Yolo Wizard posted:

i want wireless charging is there a non phablet thats not the s6 and not the nexus 5 that does that

I didn't know it was such a horrifying burden to plug the phone in before you go to bed.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

A Yolo Wizard posted:

you can get a universal thing that plugs into the port and lays flat underneath the back cover to let you wirelessly charge any phone

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

A Yolo Wizard posted:

have you heard about palm and webos, my friend?

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Thanks Ants posted:

its great that theres no removable battery or sd card. cue all of iyg buying chinaphones.
the sony z3 htc m9 and lg flex 2 both have sd card slots but removable batteries are dead now

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Citizen Tayne posted:

I didn't know it was such a horrifying burden to plug the phone in before you go to bed.

The micro usb port is a garbage plug for assholes and there is no way to position that poo poo in my car that won't eventually lead to its bendy worn out death.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

A Yolo Wizard posted:

The micro usb port is a garbage plug for assholes and there is no way to position that poo poo in my car that won't eventually lead to its bendy worn out death.

you know what's not a garbage port?

lightning.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

A Yolo Wizard posted:

http://www.amazon.com/Universal-Wireless-Charging-Receiver-micro-USB/dp/B00H7FJX7M

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

ah yes allow me to charge a phone with wires and while it does that ill handwrite a letter and maybe rebuild the carburetor on the car

loving wires to charge a phone srsly lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pram
Jun 10, 2001

LastInLine posted:

ah yes allow me to charge a phone with wires and while it does that ill handwrite a letter and maybe rebuild the carburetor on the car

loving wires to charge a phone srsly lmao

not seeing anything funny here

• Locked thread