Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

pram posted:

not seeing anything funny here

dont sign ur posts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4
wireless charging is rly good. its not even a fail dumb checkbox gimmick. its a lot better than using a plug. ur gonna be stoked when it come 2 ur household! i gaurantee it!

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Pinterest Mom posted:

you know what's not a garbage port?

lightning.

pram
Jun 10, 2001
wireless charging was a hot feature on the palm pre

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4
saying wireless charting sux is like the most fail logic. its like, hmm, heres a sxuality analogy

android is fail -> android has wireless charfing -> wireless chargin is fail

is the same logic as

big fags are gay as hell -> big fags drink beer -> beer is gay as hell

comprende? pwned by logic failtards, as usual.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

I had a palm pre and wireless charging was neat, but I'm not about to gasp and whine about how a phone that doesn't have wireless charging is total poo poo. It saves five seconds over the course of the day unless you have spastic fingers or some poo poo.

a neurotic ai
Mar 22, 2012

Smythe posted:

saying wireless charting sux is like the most fail logic. its like, hmm, heres a sxuality analogy

android is fail -> android has wireless charfing -> wireless chargin is fail

is the same logic as

big fags are gay as hell -> big fags drink beer -> beer is gay as hell

comprende? pwned by logic failtards, as usual.

fallacy of composition smythe.. :engleft:

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4
its good. ppl say it sux because? not sure. because they have mental problems. im not saying its a hot feature that dictates what piece of poo poo consumer electronic i buy.. but... people in YOSPOS literally post, frequently, that it sucks. because they have severe autism ? not sure

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

wireless charging is a mega fail and smythe and that other anroid guy got completely dumpstered the last time we had this debate in the old anroid thread

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

cremnob posted:

wireless charging is a mega fail and smythe and that other anroid guy got completely dumpstered the last time we had this debate in the old anroid thread

actually he didnt and its the infestation of deadly brain bacteria eating your grey matter that makes u have a bad memory

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4
i am one of the most powerful zealots for wireless charting itf and i have never lost a flame war, nor will i ever. so thats proof positive of its dominance in a world of wires

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

i remember it because u and the other guy (starts with a D i think) got flamed hard for multiple pages

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

if you prefer wired charging you should take the wire and hang yourself with it imo

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

jk it would obviously not support your disgusting obese body without breaking

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
hmm yeah wiresless charging? you loving scrublords, who needs that fail poo poo. bunch of pussies. anroid lol!

*Iphone 6s announced with wireless charging*

god drat wireless charging ftw thanks stebe, epic..

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

LastInLine posted:

ah yes allow me to charge a phone with wires and while it does that ill handwrite a letter and maybe rebuild the carburetor on the car

loving wires to charge a phone srsly lmao

agreed

it's 2015 you apple bozos, maybe you'll learn that when the badwatch comes out

👎 Watch

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Smythe posted:

wireless charging is rly good. its not even a fail dumb checkbox gimmick. its a lot better than using a plug. ur gonna be stoked when it come 2 ur household! i gaurantee it!

is this true

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
Samsung has given up. Samsung pay lol

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Pissflaps posted:

is this true

it is very true and you will be forever mad at cavemanesque cables once you start using wireless charging

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

qi charging + bluetooth = ownage gently caress cables

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

quote:

Samsung’s lead designer

rofl

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

ah yes, flown in straight from japan, mr. k. minolta

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
And there’s only one way to go when it comes to high-end smartphones: the LG G3 (or the G4, in case it keeps the removable battery and the microSD slot).

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

the galaxy s6 is a demo for their components division. it uses their own processor to make sure the chip fabs are running at capacity and to get economies of scale for the apple orders

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
No waterproof... pointless glass... no microsd... no swappable battery... no thanks.

I have bought Samsung every year since the S2, for now I'll be keeping my Note 4 and praying that the Note 5 doesn't share the S6's design philosophy or this may very-well be my last year with Samsung.

pram
Jun 10, 2001

Valeyard posted:

hmm yeah wiresless charging? you loving scrublords, who needs that fail poo poo. bunch of pussies. anroid lol!

*Iphone 6s announced with wireless charging*

god drat wireless charging ftw thanks stebe, epic..

quoting this ignored valeyard post. not because its good. but because he put a lot of work into it. and sometimes thats good enough

Maximum Leader
Dec 5, 2014

eric posted:

why would you need curves in your phone screen when the anime girls on your home screen don't have any?

watching my sweet ninja girls on a sexy device with groundbreaking new curved edge design just makes them all the more attractive. its both about the sexyness of the device and the sexyness of the girl in your skin, they combine to create the ultimate mobile phone experience. i care a lot about image and like to imagine myself as somewhat a tech connaisseur.

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

wireless energy is incredibly inefficient

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

cremnob posted:

i remember it because u and the other guy (starts with a D i think) got flamed hard for multiple pages

if u consult your spreadsheet i think ule find, in excruciating detail, an account of me repeatedly and viciously verbally suplexing a simpering army of impotent, autistic weakings. which im happy to do again, if the thread calls for it.

DaNzA
Sep 11, 2001

:D
Grimey Drawer
dont you have to place the device in the same location where the wires basically have to go anyway and at that point you may as well just plug it in for a way faster charge and so you dont have to carry the wireless charging hardware in your phone all the time?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

lmao Samsung got rid of the only things that keep people buying them.

DaNzA
Sep 11, 2001

:D
Grimey Drawer
unless they have a strong enough wireless charging base station that can cover your whole room or something

how far is the range for the devices that are currently on the market?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

DaNzA posted:

dont you have to place the device in the same location where the wires basically have to go anyway and at that point you may as well just plug it in for a way faster charge and so you dont have to carry the wireless charging hardware in your phone all the time?
fumbling with micro usb sucks so no surprise people like wireless. lightning just works so it's nbd

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

DaNzA posted:

unless they have a strong enough wireless charging base station that can cover your whole room or something

how far is the range for the devices that are currently on the market?

uh. it's like a couple mm.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

DaNzA posted:

usually it's like a mat so yes

also the downside of wireless charging as opposed to wired is that there's next to no places outside of your home that have the tech (and the tech is non-standardized)

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

duTrieux. posted:

wireless energy is incredibly inefficient

which is a concern for ppl who do the benjamin franklin thing where u sleep for 15 mins at a time for for a person liek me who sleep for tween 6 and 9 hours.. well... im not 2 concerned about it felling my cell phone bvettery in time for the morning rooster crow

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

computer parts posted:

usually it's like a mat so yes

also the downside of wireless charging as opposed to wired is that there's next to no places outside of your home that have the tech (and the tech is non-standardized)

im not rly a heavy user slo i dont charge my phone during the day. i put it on the ting when i goto bed... idk.. if this is an unusual use case?

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4
*insane freakazoid who is compiling insane codes and rendering mad video on his cell phone 24/7* "this poo poo charges too slow, and i cant top up evetry time my gaze grazes acros a delciious looking wall wart.. mmm" *licks thin, dryy, fungus aflicted lips with long white, speckled toungue* "stebe!!!!!"

idiotbitch
Jul 16, 2013
how do you use your phone while its laying on some wireless charger. sometimes I charge my phone and use it at the same time without interrupting my charging

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pram
Jun 10, 2001

idiotbitch posted:

how do you use your phone while its laying on some wireless charger. sometimes I charge my phone and use it at the same time without interrupting my charging

nice edge case fucker

• Locked thread