Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps
Spending my Sunday evening watching New Blood Rising.

Thanks to everyone for recommending it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.
Does Tuesday Night Titans freeze randomly for anyone else? I was trying to watch Mean Gene go to Texas to find Dick Murdoch (which was great) but it would just stop for 5 seconds every minute or so. No loading icon or anything, it just froze. I thought the network was acting up, but I switched to a non Titans show and it was fine.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
The Authority jumped the shark the when they did the same "you can't be champ because you're not best for business" storyline with John loving Cena.

Then Brock won the title and never showed up so they just went "uhhhhhh I guess we don't like Ziggler now"

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

or when they really hated roman reigns so they put him in a fatal four way for the title for no real reason

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

A big heel authority figure needs a great and consistent counterpart with a clear goal and "the authority" is constantly shifting their focus, changing the face they are feuding with, and never finish off feuds properly and nobody gets over in the process

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

WeaponX posted:

A big heel authority figure needs a great and consistent counterpart with a clear goal and "the authority" is constantly shifting their focus, changing the face they are feuding with, and never finish off feuds properly and nobody gets over in the process

The faction obviously started this way because they were focused on screwing Daniel Bryan and every other mini-feud they were involved in like The Shield vs The Rhodes or Orton vs Big Show was really just a tangent inexorably tied to that throughline. However, those side stories happening was actually really interesting to me and made the faction more distinct from the original McMahon/Bischoff archetype.

I do think the stuff they did later worked pretty well though. The way they set up being against John Cena for instance actually made sense because they started by buttering him up, showing off all his merch, putting him on the game cover, etc. They WANTED Cena to be Champion because they knew he WAS a money making machine... but only if he did whatever they wanted and subsumed to their will. That's a really good setup to make John "New York Yankees" Cena an anti-authority figure even though the audience wasn't willing to buy into it.

I also actually really liked that they were constantly changing who they were feuding with because the reason it was happening was because each member of their faction had their own character, their own agenda, and their own feuds. Rollins was dealing with Ambrose, Stephanie was dealing with Brie, Kane had his own stuff going between being the pin eater, it made them feel more real and more interesting than something like The Corporation, where pretty much everyone was just Shane's Minion and followed where he led with moments of individual character development or personal feuding like Shamrock or Triple H would sometimes get being VERY rare.

I do agree that WAY to many, almost all, of the Authority's stories ended up never getting proper finishes and that leading to nobody getting over and that dampens the whole concept, but I did consistently like it on a week-by-week basis even with TRIPLE H-UH's 20 MINUTE PROMO'S-UH.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
The Authority is pretty transparently "We back corporate sellout heels and that's it" while covering it by pretending the guys they back make sense for business even if they don't. At no point are we ever supposed to really believe that their pro-heel decisions are best for business, because they're heels. Except when they back Rollins because he actually is the future.

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Does anyone know why the gently caress they are holding off so long in the attitude era Raws? A year ago they were adding like a months worth of Raws a week. I remember at the start of this thread someone calculated it as August 2014 for summer '97 Raws to be going up.

The network is a year old and we are at July 1996. I think they are adding 1 or 2 a week now and it's making me sad and angry

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

reformed bad troll posted:

Does anyone know why the gently caress they are holding off so long in the attitude era Raws? A year ago they were adding like a months worth of Raws a week. I remember at the start of this thread someone calculated it as August 2014 for summer '97 Raws to be going up.

The network is a year old and we are at July 1996. I think they are adding 1 or 2 a week now and it's making me sad and angry

They also haven't added any new Nitros since 97.

Doomsday Jesus
Oct 8, 2004

Doomsday Jesus we need you now.

Ribsauce posted:

Does Tuesday Night Titans freeze randomly for anyone else? I was trying to watch Mean Gene go to Texas to find Dick Murdoch (which was great) but it would just stop for 5 seconds every minute or so. No loading icon or anything, it just froze. I thought the network was acting up, but I switched to a non Titans show and it was fine.

Has been happening a lot lately on my Xbone. It stuttuers, freezes, then repeats a few times before it just closes the app.

I still cannot watch Halloween Havoc 1991 either. It will load about 5 seconds worth of the PPV then close it.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

reformed bad troll posted:

I am going to assume it's because the library they had digitized for their old Classics on Demand channel cut off before the Attitude Era because they didn't want to edit the logo.

So basically they had a new episode of Raw & Nitro every month or so, and then once they got close to the Attitude Era they started over from the start!

That was the day I cancelled Classics on Demand.

Alakaiser
Jan 3, 2007

And the Lord Josh said, "Blessed are those cast away by Belichick, theirs is the kingdom of Denver." (Tebow 1:25)

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Just realised that they changed Henry Godwinn's theme from Don't Go Messin' With a Country Boy to random banjo music.

I'm devastated.

From pages ago, but this was kind of hilarious to me when I noticed it, because it's the same ridiculous banjo music that Parks and Recreation used on a mix CD of terrible/unsexy music/noises that Ann made for Leslie.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

triplexpac posted:

I am going to assume it's because the library they had digitized for their old Classics on Demand channel cut off before the Attitude Era because they didn't want to edit the logo.

They don't have to anymore. They settled with the World Wildlife Fund so that existing logos in archival footage don't need to be edited.

http://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.php?id=71245

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

sticklefifer posted:

They don't have to anymore. They settled with the World Wildlife Fund so that existing logos in archival footage don't need to be edited.

http://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.php?id=71245

No I know. I was just saying that's why they stopped airing Raw episodes on Classic on Demand in like 2008 or whenever. The logo deal wasn't in place then.

The only reason I can think of for slowing down episodes of Raw on the Network is that there is some kind of process needed to get the episodes in shape, and they had already done all that work for Classics on Demand so the cost was negligible up until now.

Now they have to weigh the cost of getting the rest of the episodes prepared for upload vs the income they can bring in with the added content.

Not saying it's 100% the reason, but it does make sense.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

triplexpac posted:

No I know. I was just saying that's why they stopped airing Raw episodes on Classic on Demand in like 2008 or whenever. The logo deal wasn't in place then.

The only reason I can think of for slowing down episodes of Raw on the Network is that there is some kind of process needed to get the episodes in shape, and they had already done all that work for Classics on Demand so the cost was negligible up until now.

Now they have to weigh the cost of getting the rest of the episodes prepared for upload vs the income they can bring in with the added content.

Not saying it's 100% the reason, but it does make sense.

It's more likely that they realize Attitude Era Raw is the biggest draw they have and it does them no good to throw them up two at a time every morning. IMO, it doesn't seem like there's a proper outlet to properly profit off of them and once it gets released all the current VHS rips out in the wild get replaced with pristine copies.

That or they're embarrassed about that time outside of the moments they always talk about.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Call Me Charlie posted:

It's more likely that they realize Attitude Era Raw is the biggest draw they have and it does them no good to throw them up two at a time every morning. IMO, it doesn't seem like there's a proper outlet to properly profit off of them and once it gets released all the current VHS rips out in the wild get replaced with pristine copies.

That or they're embarrassed about that time outside of the moments they always talk about.

The answer is probably they are just really slow on capitalizing on their tape library and don't see it as a priority. They've had to delay a number of things on the Network and some stuff that was in the initial presentation isn't on there a year later.

21 Hoot Salute
Feb 8, 2005

Night-time, turn around
Lonely is the city tonight
Night-time, all around
Lonely in the city tonight

WCW Thunder please.

Also Saturday Night.

Also Main Event (which looking back is not a very true show name)

Also Worldwide

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Also Velocity.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Also Shotgun Saturday Night.

Nerokerubina
Jun 7, 2007

I think swords are neat. Do you think swords are neat?!

sticklefifer posted:

Also Velocity.

no seriously just Velocity please

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

People are under a lot of stress, Bradley.

21 Hoot Salute posted:

WCW Thunder please.

Also Saturday Night.

Also Main Event (which looking back is not a very true show name)

Also Worldwide
How dare you neglect to mention WCW Power Hour and Pro.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I just wish they would've left the black history month stuff on there

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Only having the Raws from the bad period and the only "good" Nitro years is funny to me.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

RZApublican posted:

Also Shotgun Saturday Night.

Nerokerubina posted:

no seriously just Velocity please

Did somebody mention Velocity? Because I'm here to talk about it.

Velocity made Bill DeMott enjoyable. Velocity was perfection.

Doomsday Jesus
Oct 8, 2004

Doomsday Jesus we need you now.
I'd rather they improve all their apps, improve the web interface, and improve streaming issues then add more and more content. I understand that does not bring in new subscribers, but it would make me less irritated as a user of nearly a year.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

I'm baffled by the lack of Chromecast compatibility.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

So WWE 24 continues to be pretty good but warning: it releases a lot of dust in the air. I hope they keep it up and just air inspirational/interesting fluff pieces on cool dudes forever.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Doomsday Jesus posted:

I'd rather they improve all their apps, improve the web interface, and improve streaming issues then add more and more content. I understand that does not bring in new subscribers, but it would make me less irritated as a user of nearly a year.

I totally agree with this. It's such a pain that so many things on so many different platforms are missing or broken.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

One of the reasons I canceled again was because it's a total crapshoot if the feed is going to be good or if I'm going to get a freeze or a time skip every two minutes, regardless if it's the live feed or a 1989 WCW PPV. Apparently only certain parts of the country have this issue but it's pretty bush league all the same. Then you get into the bad interface and the general lack of any new programming that isn't infommercial pablum (or about the years 1997-2001) and it gets to be a bit much.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

One of the reasons I canceled again was because it's a total crapshoot if the feed is going to be good or if I'm going to get a freeze or a time skip every two minutes, regardless if it's the live feed or a 1989 WCW PPV. Apparently only certain parts of the country have this issue but it's pretty bush league all the same. Then you get into the bad interface and the general lack of any new programming that isn't infommercial pablum (or about the years 1997-2001) and it gets to be a bit much.

Does putting the live feed on a delay help at all?

I started Fast Lane late and had no streaming issues. I fast forwarded during recap videos and such until it caught up with being live. Then I had buffering issues.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Yeah, I may have kept my Network sub to watch some of the PPVs and Nitros I hadn't yet seen but it would too often stop to buffer making almost everything unwatchable.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

It's weird that I rarely if ever had those buffering issues even through Hola and not at all now. I very occasionally have to refresh the page but that's usually when my wife's streaming Netflix or something elsewhere.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

The only time I ever have problems is during PPVs and even those are very very minimal buffering.

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

i never have the buffer issues on live PPVs but do have it when watching random old raws.

the only trouble i had with live ppvs was last Wrestlemania is done that 5 second skip thing that everyone talks about, a few times.

im in Scotland for what it's worth

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Should've clarified that I rarely had issues with the live stream. Mainly just on demand stuff.

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

I get more than a bit of lag with PPVs. People watching non-network streams are routinely a minute or two ahead of me, based on talk in the IRC channel.

DudeDeuce
Feb 2, 2003
The MAN
They added "look back" episodes of the Hall of Fame for 1994, 1995, and 1996. I guess it's more like a clip show of the inductees and the if possible, their speeches from the dinner that year. I was hoping something like this would be made when they said all of the Hall of Fame ceremonies would be on the Network.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
One thing I can't stand about the interface is how the milestone markers and the progress bar in general preclude you from clicking forward just a minute or so. A preview window or the ability to fast forward 0:30 or 1:00 at a time would be great, or at the very least the ability to click on something close to where you're viewing without jumping ahead several minutes. They need to learn from streaming sites like Youtube and Dailymotion.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

DudeDeuce posted:

They added "look back" episodes of the Hall of Fame for 1994, 1995, and 1996. I guess it's more like a clip show of the inductees and the if possible, their speeches from the dinner that year. I was hoping something like this would be made when they said all of the Hall of Fame ceremonies would be on the Network.

I'm impressed they acknowledged them at all, I was not expecting that.

And yeah my #1 annoyance with the Network is the awful search bar. It's absolutely terrible, at least on PC where I do all my viewing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Yeah the interface is inexcusably bad.