Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

If you're faker you can solo kill your lane opponent as Ezreal, but usually you just bully them out and get a CS lead and hit midgame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Action George
Apr 13, 2013
Haha, what did I miss that I'm tuning into a 15k gold lead at 30 minutes?

stump collector
May 28, 2007
Coast is playing and they're awful

Allyn
Sep 4, 2007

I love Charlie from Busted!
Impaler with the rage quit :allears:

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
Impaler barely managed to quit before the game ended :v:

silly
Jul 15, 2004

"I saw it get by the mound, and I saw Superman at second base."
Not sure if there has been a worse LCS team talent wise than this Coast roster. Maybe one of the XDG/Vulcun teams but mannnnnnn...

Freaksaus
Jun 13, 2007

Grimey Drawer
That's going to be a loss of a ban isn't it?

Jayisspecial
Sep 16, 2006

Therock Obama

Schiavona posted:

I don't pay attention to the Challenger series, but is there a team that is clearly better than Coast in there right now?

Gravity was a good but not spectacular challenger team not that long ago. I am pretty sure Coast would be getting trounced at the upper levels of the bracket right now. Keep in mind they had some close games in their opening weeks. The negativity and hopelessness on that team has to be sky high right now. It makes it just that much harder to win when no one believes winning is possible.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Freaksaus posted:

It always has been

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
#FreeJesiz???

Freaksaus posted:

Yes definitely.

Post Alone
Mar 29, 2010

Diagnosis: Toast

Allyn
Sep 4, 2007

Velocity with the previous worst LCS record, of either EU or NA, at 5-23 (17.8%). Coast on track for 1-17 (5.6%). Yikes

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012

Jayisspecial posted:

Gravity was a good but not spectacular challenger team not that long ago. I am pretty sure Coast would be getting trounced at the upper levels of the bracket right now. Keep in mind they had some close games in their opening weeks. The negativity and hopelessness on that team has to be sky high right now. It makes it just that much harder to win when no one believes winning is possible.

Yeah, Coast just squeaked by Fusion and from everything I've heard it was more due to the spectacular choke rather than anything Coast did - Impaler's Rengar was good but that victory was not fully their doing.

There's no Origen-quality team in NACS, but there's no real bad team either. (though TSM Darkness is hosed because they lost Azingy)

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

CST is bad because Mash, Cris, & their mids are bad.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
What will Coast's gimmick next split be? Maybe they'll put two Chinese players on the team, they've already ran Koreans and Europeans. Go for broke and put two girls on the team.

Allyn
Sep 4, 2007

Jerkface posted:

CST is bad because Mash, Cris, their mids, Impaler and Sheep are bad.

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK
The only bad part of TSM Dark losing Azingy is that we won't get to see the name Big Ol Ron next split.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Sheep seems like a reasonably good support player from what i've seen, wouldn't be surprised to see him picked up by a different lcs team after coast gets relegated. the rest of the team nope.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

True. Though I think Impaler could be a jungler on another team.

Allyn
Sep 4, 2007

Tales of Woe posted:

Sheep seems like a reasonably good support player from what i've seen, wouldn't be surprised to see him picked up by a different lcs team after coast gets relegated. the rest of the team nope.

He is definitely the least bad on the team and is probably a lower-half LCS quality support but yeah

Jerkface posted:

True. Though I think Impaler could be a jungler on another team.

I dunno about this, he's been *awful* this season. Just mindless dying over and over. I used to like him if for no other reason than he's one of the few actual Brits still playing (it's just him, KaSing and Fredy now I think) but hoo boy he's struggling enormously, imo. It's possible that's just an extension of the rest of his team being unsalvageable but I dunno anymore

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
gnar really 5-15 in na? wow

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012

Allyn posted:

I dunno about this, he's been *awful* this season. Just mindless dying over and over. I used to like him if for no other reason than he's one of the few actual Brits still playing (it's just him, KaSing and Fredy now I think) but hoo boy he's struggling enormously, imo. It's possible that's just an extension of the rest of his team being unsalvageable but I dunno anymore

The Jungler ends up looking the worst then a team starts to struggle I think, because of how much they rely on communication and synergy with laners to do anything. He's probably suffering from the malaise of being on a terrible team that loses over and over too.

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK

Allyn posted:

For me the most frustrating part of watching Coast this season is that Impaler and Sheep have both played much better in the past than they're playing now. Last year Impaler started off as a "smart but with horrible mechanics" jungler and worked his rear end off to the point where he got pretty good. Sheep, when he was on Vulcun, often looked like the one who was doing all the work of trying to carry while the rest of his incompetent idiot team floundered. They're both playing so much worse than their best right now. Has anyone heard any sordid tales of the Coast team atmosphere/gaming house? I'm really curious why everyone is so loving bad.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Lovechop posted:

gnar really 5-15 in na? wow

I posted this earlier in the thread but spoiler alert 3 of the Gnar wins are Rhux, Hauntzer, and Benny. Quas got a win, and maybe like Zionspartan/Balls/Impact or something got 1. The rest are just the worst NA teams losing with him over and over again. Like wow Cris / Avalon got GNAR???? Add another loss boys.

Edit: Also TSM beat Gnar twice on C9/CLG because vs C9 they fought perfectly around mega gnar timer & Zion nearly carried CLG vs TSM but Link/Xmithie/Doublelift threw it.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

2 man dragon? We on dat 3 man crab

Allyn
Sep 4, 2007

This has been an absolutely catastrophic start :lol::lol::lol:

stump collector
May 28, 2007
This might be the worst early game i've seen all season

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

The games are getting worse & worse between the top & bottom teams.

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010

PlaceholderPigeon posted:

The Jungler ends up looking the worst then a team starts to struggle I think, because of how much they rely on communication and synergy with laners to do anything. He's probably suffering from the malaise of being on a terrible team that loses over and over too.

This is a pretty big deal. When all of your lanes consistently lose you can't do anything as a jungler. Ganks are likely to to not result in anything or straight up giving up a kill. If you get counterganked it's a kill or potentially two and certainly a turret as well you lose. Invading the enemy jungle is obviously not a possibility since you can't get support from your lanes. Even your own jungle isn't safe when you get invaded because your lanes can't support you when they're shoved under turret. On top of that you're still going to be warding but again with little support combined with a lack of global gold you're also going to be squishy so the result is you just die a lot and look bad.

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK
I don't understand Winterfox's strategy here. Did they just forget the bottom half of the map exists for like the first 8 minutes? This isn't even getting outplayed, this is just deciding to lose.

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010

Wol posted:

I don't understand Winterfox's strategy here.

I don't think Winterfox do either

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
On what loving earth are your three bans against C9 not: Rumble, Zed, Nidalee every single game. Who the gently caress is worried about Lemon Nation carrying on Veigar. Are you serious?

What are these teams thinking.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Jatt brings up a good point, why aren't CS numbers normalized for gold? So you put 1 CS = 20 gold, and your total is shown based on that. So some monsters are worth 2-3 CS and some are worth less.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
:siren: essence reaver :siren:

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

exethan posted:

Sneaky Castro my loving man taking them to the ER

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010

exethan posted:

As an ARAM player this pleases me.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Its only 27 mins, wtf did winterfox do apart from get their faces smashed in?

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012
C9 looking back to dominant form. Winterfox helped a bit with bad choices, but its nice to see Cloud 9 stomping again.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Flipswitch posted:

Its only 27 mins, wtf did winterfox do apart from get their faces smashed in?

Every single person on Cloud 9 is playing their best or second best champion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK

Libertine posted:

Every single person on Cloud 9 is playing their best or second best champion.

For real, if Cloud 9 got a set of skins I could believe this being the exact lineup.

• Locked thread