Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Apparently some dude dressed up as General Blue, doing a salute with the name HitlerDidNoWrong.

The name censor is a bit haphazard, it seems.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Xibanya posted:

How did you find out they didn't like it? My boyfriend is planning to make an OC named GOKUSWEEDDEALER. :ohdear:

The server yelled at me and demanded a new name from me. When I first made it, the servers weren't up.

Also loving that Hitler is cool but not "Screw", the tamest replacement for "gently caress" I can think of.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Given that Hitler was literally in the Fusion Reborn movie, I don't them having a problem with him.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

I couldn't name my Freeza race guy "Nippy." I'm not sure if the server doesn't like the Asian slur or making names with nipples?

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Darko posted:

I couldn't name my Freeza race guy "Nippy." I'm not sure if the server doesn't like the Asian slur or making names with nipples?

Try "Nipply".

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Darko posted:

I've seen caps of a "Nippie" so the filter is way out of whack.
Also played a mission earlier and Vegeta said "Your Supoer Saiyan 2 is even better than Gohans" :negative:

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Aurain posted:

I've seen caps of a "Nippie" so the filter is way out of whack.
Also played a mission earlier and Vegeta said "Your Supoer Saiyan 2 is even better than Gohans" :negative:

Why is that a bad thing? That's the only time Vegeta ever complimented Gohan for anything

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Parrotine posted:

Why is that a bad thing? That's the only time Vegeta ever complimented Gohan for anything
Well I mean, Gohan and Krillin are technically indirectly responsible for his death on Namek.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I think it might be the typo.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

projecthalaxy posted:

He does. If you Z-Rank a mission, he has to think of a new pose to commemorate the event.

This is the greatest DBZ game ever.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Xibanya posted:

How did you find out they didn't like it? My boyfriend is planning to make an OC named GOKUSWEEDDEALER. :ohdear:

I'm WEED JESUS and that one was fine, so your boyfriend should be fine too.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Is there any way to stream Dragonball Z Kai online?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

My favorite typo in Xenoverse is when Krillin asks Picollo how thinks are going with Launch. (He's supposed to be asking Tien.)

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Freezers, back, again, and this time it's personal.

http://readms.com/r/dragon_ball_z_rebirth_of_f/1/2705/1

Also really you would think that they would have Goku/Gohan/Vegeta/ any of the other Z warriors hold on to a Dragon Ball(or seven) to prevent stupid poo poo like that from happening

Dexo fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Mar 2, 2015

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

ImpAtom posted:

My favorite typo in Xenoverse is when Krillin asks Picollo how thinks are going with Launch. (He's supposed to be asking Tien.)

There's one PQ where you have to fight Ginyu, except for some reason when he shows up his text box says "Goku" and he has Goku's portrait. :lol:

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Dexo posted:

Also really you would think that they would have Goku/Gohan/Vegeta/ any of the other Z warriors hold on to a Dragon Ball(or seven) to prevent stupid poo poo like that from happening

Wow watch you don't cut yourself on this translation. Gotta make sure people know Goku's for adults and not for kids and throw a couple of 'gently caress's in there for good measure.

ZenMasterBullshit fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Mar 2, 2015

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Wow watch your don't cut yourself on this translation. Gotta make sure people know Goku's for adults and not for kids and throw a couple of 'gently caress's in there for good measure.

Yeah, I chuckled at that. But it brought me back to my old real media hk sub days of dragon ball watching.

Best panel is easily Gohan being an annoying dad trying to show Piccolo his kid, and Piccolo is having none of it

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Dexo posted:

Yeah, I chuckled at that. But it brought me back to my old real media hk sub days of dragon ball watching.

Best panel is easily Gohan being an annoying dad trying to show Piccolo his kid, and Piccolo is having none of it

Piccolo is the closest thing to a grandpa that kid has.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

LORD OF BUTT posted:

There's one PQ where you have to fight Ginyu, except for some reason when he shows up his text box says "Goku" and he has Goku's portrait. :lol:

They could have used the Ginyu-looking Goku model by accident.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Prison Warden posted:

Piccolo is the closest thing to a grandpa that kid has.

Hercule would be a great Grandpa. :colbert:

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Hercule would be a great Grandpa. :colbert:

Piccolo was more of a father to Gohan than Goku ever was.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
You'd really think Freeza would be more pissed at Trunks. Also, I like that Tien is a farmer just like Toriyama said in that interview. Nice.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Dexo posted:

Piccolo was more of a father to Gohan than Goku ever was.

Well, yes but Pan is Videl's kid as well and are you telling me Hercule wouldn't dote on his grandkids?

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

They'll bend the knee or I'll destroy them
Pan should be proud, her grandfather defeated both Cell and Buu.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

New Leaf posted:

They could have used the Ginyu-looking Goku model by accident.

Nah, he has Ginyu's regular attacks and the name above the model says "Captain Ginyu." Someone just goofed the dialogue trigger and gave it to Goku instead.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Dexo posted:

They did that but he kept getting kidnapped.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Brony Hunter posted:

Pan should be proud, her grandfather defeated both Cell and Buu.

Both her grandfathers and her father can all take credit for those things happening. :stare:

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

LORD OF BUTT posted:

Both her grandfathers and her father can all take credit for those things happening. :stare:

DBZ is about teamwork!

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Dexo posted:

I find it kind of bizarre that they used resurrection technology to give Freeza his body back and he survived as dozens of chopped up bits of flesh until they could get him to a medical center instead of just having Shenlong grant him a new, stronger body. Especially given that they know enough about the Saiyans to know that they killed Buu and thus presumably know they're much stronger than Freeza ever was. I also find it a little annoying that Freeza will apparently be able to bridge that gap with just four months of normal, non-hyperbolic or other assisted training. Still, should be fun to see how he'll turn out - wonder how many new forms he'll develop.

Also kind of disappointed Freeza doesn't try and resurrect his father and Cooler, so there'd at least be some other guys for the rest of the Z Gang to fight while Goku and Freeza have their big battle. The line suggesting that Sorbet and his gang had tangled with the Saiyans previously and were relieved they wouldn't have to do so any more is kind of odd though. It seems to suggest there's either more Saiyans out there or that they've fought the ones on Earth before. It's presumably just a weirdly parsed phrase though.

WickedHate posted:

You'd really think Freeza would be more pissed at Trunks. Also, I like that Tien is a farmer just like Toriyama said in that interview. Nice.

I was more amused to see Krillin as a regular beat cop - dude helped save the world a dozen times over and stop several universe spanning threats and he still has to work the bottom rung. Krillin really does get no respect. Still, Freeza did at least say he wanted revenge on both Saiyans, not just Goku. Now imagine how annoyed he'll be when he gets to Earth and there are, what...5 super saiyans now? Goku, Gohan, Goten, Vegeta & Trunks. More if Pan or anyone else can do it for the hell of it. On the other hand I guess he gets to beat the snot out of all but one of them with ease to show off his new power going by the usual Toriyama conventions, so at least he'll get to enjoy that once he gets past seeing them all.

tsob fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Mar 2, 2015

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Ahahaha, Frieza's hell is just being surrounded by happy things while stuck to a tree. :allears:

e: I love how in Battle of Gods and this, Shenron actually has a personality instead of just "HELLO I GRANT WISH NOW" *grants wish* "GOODBYE"

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

tsob posted:

I find it kind of bizarre that they used resurrection technology to give Freeza his body back and he survived as dozens of chopped up bits of flesh until they could get him to a medical center instead of just having Shenlong grant him a new, stronger body. Especially given that they know enough about the Saiyans to know that they killed Buu and thus presumably know they're much stronger than Freeza ever was. I also find it a little annoying that Freeza will apparently be able to bridge that gap with just four months of normal, non-hyperbolic or other assisted training. Still, should be fun to see how he'll turn out - wonder how many new forms he'll develop.

Also kind of disappointed Freeza doesn't try and resurrect his father and Cooler, so there'd at least be some other guys for the rest of the Z Gang to fight while Goku and Freeza have their big battle. The line suggesting that Sorbet and his gang had tangled with the Saiyans previously and were relieved they wouldn't have to do so any more is kind of odd though. It seems to suggest there's either more Saiyans out there or that they've fought the ones on Earth before. It's presumably just a weirdly parsed phrase though.

I was more amused to see Krillin as a regular beat cop - dude helped save the world a dozen times over and stop several universe spanning threats and he still has to work the bottom rung. Krillin really does get no respect. Still, Freeza did at least say he wanted revenge on both Saiyans, not just Goku. Now imagine how annoyed he'll be when he gets to Earth and there are, what...5 super saiyans now? Goku, Gohan, Goten, Vegeta & Trunks. More if Pan or anyone else can do it for the hell of it. On the other hand I guess he gets to beat the snot out of all but one of them with ease to show off his new power going by the usual Toriyama conventions, so at least he'll get to enjoy that once he gets past seeing them all.

Cooler isn't real.

Also Freeza without any training what so ever was neck and neck with a super saiyin. A few months of training in DBZ lets you jump huge levels. Krillin and those two useless aliens when from 'decidedly weaker than Piccolo and Goku' to '3 times as strong as the fucker that slapped them around like they were bugs." in a few months of just punching one another while Mr. Popo watched. If that annoys you you might as well get mad that they keep just punching dudes to solve all their problems.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

LORD OF BUTT posted:

Ahahaha, Frieza's hell is just being surrounded by happy things while stuck to a tree. :allears:

e: I love how in Battle of Gods and this, Shenron actually has a personality instead of just "HELLO I GRANT WISH NOW" *grants wish* "GOODBYE"
Watch Fusion Reborn. They summon Shenron and then forget about him in all the fighting.

"... Hello? ... Is anyone going to make a wish or not?"

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Just imagine what Frieza could do if he trained... in 500 times normal gravity

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

Is this before or after the room of spirit and time

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

ImpAtom posted:

...in the hyperbolic time chamber!

They know that he broke in, but figured that it would be sporting to let him have the full year of training.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

ImpAtom posted:

The secret to Freeza's new power is weighted clothing.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

WickedHate posted:

The secret to Freeza's new power is pushups, situps, and plenty of juice.

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde
Turns out Freiza, through gruelling effort and heart breaking loss, unlocked his race's mythological super form. He is now a Super Changeling/Freiza Clan/Frost Demon!

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
4 months sounds pretty reasonable to me

just gotta keep in mind that power levels are bullshit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Thyrork posted:

Turns out Freiza, through gruelling effort and heart breaking loss, unlocked his race's mythological super form. He is now a Super Changeling/Freiza Clan/Frost Demon!

The term is Arcosian. :smug:

• Locked thread