Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
What are the secret conditions on Super Saiyan Bargain Sale? I only really want the Z Soul.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Archonex posted:

3. Shining Slash - An absolute motherfucker of a skill. Think of it like instant transmission, only a lot more annoying to deal with. It's earned by doing the Power Teams PQ, available after the Cell Saga. If uncharged your character leaps a moderate distance to slash at someone with a sword. If charged it will teleport you by them and immediately do a sword attack. This happens even if the character is across the map. It also doesn't mention this, but it stuns them for a split second too, along with cancels KB. Meaning you can knock someone back and they'll hang in midair for you to beat the poo poo out of.

So very, very salty that sword moves like this are Saiyan/Human only :ughh:

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

I made some new chars now that I finally made the game, and man Human auto-regen Ki is much weaker than I thought it would be. I mean nice little bonus and all but nothing to write home about.

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

There's a stickied thread on the ps4 gamefaqs board (ha) that lists all the secret requirements, it's by pq# and not title though so I couldn't tell you the specific ones for that quest

Actually you should just copy it wholesale and throw it in the OP, saving us all the trouble of visiting the mountains of madness

free hubcaps fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Mar 2, 2015

Emong
May 31, 2011

perpair to be annihilated

I will never understand someone who leaves their goku's name as PATROLLER.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

For anyone wondering, the various health regens are not the same rate. The healing on "I'm neither Kami nor PIccolo now..." is waaaay better than the healing on "A god isn't what this world needs."

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Evil Canadian posted:

I made some new chars now that I finally made the game, and man Human auto-regen Ki is much weaker than I thought it would be. I mean nice little bonus and all but nothing to write home about.

Yeah, still its nice for those clutch ultimates

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

Captain Oblivious posted:

So very, very salty that sword moves like this are Saiyan/Human only :ughh:

If it's any comfort the skill itself is an absolute bitch to get.

Really, i'm starting to suspect that the intended counter to strike builds being so bullshit is that the skills themselves are a pain in the rear end to obtain. Like every other decent skill is either locked behind a hard to obtain master or a PQ with insanely powerful NPC's.

Archonex fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Mar 2, 2015

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Evil Slash doesn't seem very good. :(

Also has anyone gotten 2nd form Cell's Z-Soul? It looks really strong on paper.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Lol

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Emong posted:

I will never understand someone who leaves their goku's name as PATROLLER.

Apparently if you name your character something naughty your name will show up as PATROLLER online. Still, I'd like to think that there are a few guys with extremely carefully crafted Mary Sues that forgot to change the name from default and hate themselves for it

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

So what tricks and moves does No. 18 teach you? I was surprised it was her and not 17, but I guess 18 did get somewhat more face time in the Buu arc.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Nessus posted:

So what tricks and moves does No. 18 teach you? I was surprised it was her and not 17, but I guess 18 did get somewhat more face time in the Buu arc.

The normal Supers aren't particularly exciting, but her Ultimate is a Dual Destructo Disc which is my current go-to until I get Cell's Kamehameha, and it's pretty darn good!

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Nessus posted:

17 dies and only comes back as a villain in GT where 18 becomes a powerful and loving mother to Krillin's noseless offspring.

Portable Staplefrog
May 21, 2007

I started. And then I regretted my choice of created character and it looks like the new game option is locked. Do I need to delete my first character or will it unlock soon?

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Reiley posted:

17 dies and only comes back as a villain in GT where 18 becomes a powerful and loving mother to Krillin's noseless offspring.

I (thankfully) never gave it much thought, but even after she became a human, she was still just called 18, right? George Costanza would be proud.

^^^^^ you have to beat the story to unlock the rest of the character slots. If you delete your character, you will keep your story progress, skills, Zeni etc., you'll just start over from lvl 1 with your new character

free hubcaps fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Mar 2, 2015

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Portable Staplefrog posted:

I started. And then I regretted my choice of created character and it looks like the new game option is locked. Do I need to delete my first character or will it unlock soon?

No new slots unless you finish story mode.

Deleting your character keeps your unlocks but you lose all xp.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Juuhachigo is a bit more namey than arabic-numeral 18 but that one's sort of lost in translation I guess.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Anthrovore posted:

I (thankfully) never gave it much thought, but even after she became a human, she was still just called 18, right? George Costanza would be proud.

She never actually became human, she just had the bomb inside her removed.

#18 and Krillin getting married and having a kid is one of the best parts of DBZ tbh.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Anthrovore posted:

I think her cyborg bits didn't keep her from bearing Krillin's noseless seed. I think their original names were Lapis and Lazuli but that came out in some artbook or other.

Portable Staplefrog
May 21, 2007

MAKE WAY NEW STARS posted:

That's odd. I guess I'll do that then.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Portable Staplefrog posted:

If you delete that char any progress you made so far you keep, so feel free to delete and make a new guy. You can't have more than 1 character slot until after you beat the game.

Space Bat
Apr 17, 2009

hold it now hold it now hold it right there
you wouldn't drop, couldn't drop diddy, you wouldn't dare
Can I get Hercule's mustache? This is important.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Reiley posted:

he was shown at the end of buu. he's a park ranger and makes some ppl put up their hands.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xOna8uOZqg

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Kild posted:

he was shown at the end of buu. he's a park ranger and makes some ppl put up their hands.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xOna8uOZqg
17's cool yeh.

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

MAKE WAY NEW STARS posted:

Evil Canadian posted:

If you delete that char any progress you made so far you keep, so feel free to delete and make a new guy. You can't have more than 1 character slot until after you beat the game.

Anthrovore posted:

^^^^^ you have to beat the story to unlock the rest of the character slots. If you delete your character, you will keep your story progress, skills, Zeni etc., you'll just start over from lvl 1 with your new character

:goku::hf::ssj:
Bros helpin bros with their dbz games

free hubcaps fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Mar 2, 2015

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

What is the english name of this red hat and what mission do I have to do to get it?

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Space Bat posted:

Can I get Hercule's mustache? This is important.

Mustache, not sure. Afro, yes.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

mabels big day posted:

What is the english name of this red hat and what mission do I have to do to get it?

That's from the Journey to the West set that you get with your Dragon Ball wish.

Paper Triangle
Jul 27, 2004

more dog than your dog
I just hit the start of the Cell saga in Time Patrols and he completely destroys me. So I thought I'd see what else there was to do, but I've done all the available PQs. Then I noticed Gohan had a quest to beat up Full Power Frieza, who also destroys me. When I say that I mean like, I cannot even land a hit on them. They seem to be in a permanent state of blocking. I'm around level 25. Am I missing something or is this another one of the game's annoying leaps in difficulty? Do I suck? Should I grind old PQs?

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Paper Triangle posted:

I just hit the start of the Cell saga in Time Patrols and he completely destroys me. So I thought I'd see what else there was to do, but I've done all the available PQs. Then I noticed Gohan had a quest to beat up Full Power Frieza, who also destroys me. When I say that I mean like, I cannot even land a hit on them. They seem to be in a permanent state of blocking. I'm around level 25. Am I missing something or is this another one of the game's annoying leaps in difficulty? Do I suck? Should I grind old PQs?
Yeah go punch Krillins and Vegetas to level up some I imagine. Get a mentor going on while you're doing it so you can skill up too.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
How long does it take folks to grind up new characters after they've made some progress? I like my character, but not how I spread out her stat points, and she's close to 30. Better to restart or just farm up dragonballs and wish for a respec?

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Paper Triangle posted:

That one took me FOREVER to beat. Like, well past Cell Saga. Frieza is cranked up to 11.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

You can also go back to the Time Vault and re-fight the story boss against Frieza, it should give pretty good exp.

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Paper Triangle posted:

The nice thing about the lovely rng is that you'll almost always have something to unlock even on old pqs. A few levels can make a huge difference in the story fights.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I really hope Xenoverse's success convinces Bandai to do the create-a-character thing with more of their IPs. I got a lot of dumb anime characters I want to make.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos
I just got access to the online city.

Can I get a mentor yet, or is that still locked?

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Bell_ posted:

How long does it take folks to grind up new characters after they've made some progress? I like my character, but not how I spread out her stat points, and she's close to 30. Better to restart or just farm up dragonballs and wish for a respec?
Do not respec. It is stupid. It takes less than an hour to get a character to 30 if you have stuff unlocked already. When I make a new guy, I do PQ03 Saiyan Blood til I'm like 7-10, then start doing PQ15 Explosion of Namek until the 30s. PQ15 has the added bonus of giving you dragon ball drop chances.

I don't really know the good PQs to grind beyond that, but PQ15 is gonna be your money for a while getting up there.

I used my first two wishes on respecs thinking that leveling would take way longer than it does. Don't make my mistakes. Delete, remake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Prism posted:

I just got access to the online city.

Can I get a mentor yet, or is that still locked?

look around for krillin, piccolo, and vegeta

• Locked thread