Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

The Taint Reaper posted:

I dunno I think they could be leaving the door open for future deluxes.

No, it's not some kind of hint of the future. They just don't want to imply that he isn't part of a "set" that you have to buy four more of. They'll pick four random limbs and number them as Galvatronus' limbs on the back of the box to encourage the "collect 'em all!" mentality. Just like how Drag Strip was numbered 1 on the back of Silverbolt's box:

Spiderdrake posted:

The Beast Wars are to the Great War as the Korean War is to WW2

But who the gently caress wanted Scoop? Shut up, Taint Reaper, you want everything

Waspinator sold quickly enough. And while Scoop did turn out to be a dud, I did like that they made such an obscure character with his double Targetmaster partners. That's the kind of deep cut character choice the line could use more of.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

It's obviously because Dragstrip must always be number one. Must be the Wario color scheme.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Blackheart posted:

Well, I didn't want him since I didn't even remember he existed, but I do like him. He's blocky and creamy orange and gewunny. Please don't pick on Scoop.
Yeah yeah "Scoop did nothing wrong" will be your banner when people come crying about not finding ABC at retail

You know who else liked Scoop? That's right.

The Goon
Sep 11, 2001

I got in Off-road and Blackjack yesterday. I have to admit that I like the Stunticons more than the Aerialbots. They feel beefier, more heftier and more satisfying. If they had rotating wrists they'd be perfect deluxes.

Blackjack kind of sucks though. His robot mode shoulders strike a weird profile and his spoiler/axe doesn't look quite right in vehicle mode. Also, he doesn't peg in securely in combined mode on Prime at all - nail polish fixed the issue though.

I'm so disappointed that they ended up making Rodimus a repaint of this guy.

The Goon fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Mar 2, 2015

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

And if TF Battle Tactics is any indication, they're repainting the Rodimus repaint as Sideburn.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Keldroc posted:

And if TF Battle Tactics is any indication, they're repainting the Rodimus repaint as Sideburn.

So this either means that there's going to be a 4th prime based mold on the way or Sideburn is just going to be a stand alone guy who can be used with ultra Prime because he's on nobody else's team.

Then again the art could mean nothing, CW Hotspot has his GDO image on the card.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

The Taint Reaper posted:

So this either means that there's going to be a 4th prime based mold on the way or Sideburn is just going to be a stand alone guy who can be used with ultra Prime because he's on nobody else's team.

Gonna go with the latter.

quote:

Then again the art could mean nothing, CW Hotspot has his GDO image on the card.

Not Legends. Battle Tactics, which uses the CW and Generations designs for almost all of its characters, to the point of having three versions of several Seekers (Legends, Deluxe, Leader), and I believe was the first official thing to show Viper (the blue Powerglide repaint). Side Burn in the game is the exact same mold as Blackjack, and in vehicle mode (which I unfortunately can't find a picture of) is very obviously Rodimus with a white spoiler. Pretty weird character to pull out of nowhere if it's not based on an upcoming toy, especially since almost none of the characters in the game lack toys, and it's very directly tied to Combiner Wars.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Blackheart posted:

For some reason I can't stop laffin at this

Oh man, I was like "heh, I guess it's a kinda derpy lookin' fire truck" BUT THEN

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Keldroc posted:

Not Legends. Battle Tactics, which uses the CW and Generations designs for almost all of its characters, to the point of having three versions of several Seekers (Legends, Deluxe, Leader), and I believe was the first official thing to show Viper (the blue Powerglide repaint). Side Burn in the game is the exact same mold as Blackjack, and in vehicle mode (which I unfortunately can't find a picture of) is very obviously Rodimus with a white spoiler. Pretty weird character to pull out of nowhere if it's not based on an upcoming toy, especially since almost none of the characters in the game lack toys, and it's very directly tied to Combiner Wars.

Yeah it is a weird choice, especially since there's RID Prowl and X-Brawn who have not been referenced at all since RID ended.

It would kind of be pointless to just have Sideburn with the other two missing. Not only that but Jhiaxus got a mass release and he referenced his RID toy which was originally a Kay-bee exclusive. Unless the Prowl figure we're getting is not G1 Prowl and is RID prowl(who's alt mode is already used by one of the Stunticons).

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Spiderdrake posted:

But who the gently caress wanted Scoop? Shut up, Taint Reaper, you want everything

I wanted Scoop. I loving love Scoop. I had his G1 toy, and his Generations toy is actually pretty drat cool. :colbert:

To be fair, Taint, Prowl is a G1 reference anyway, and name the last SUV/Van Transformer that wasn't cybertronian in the generations line. They would need to actually do Ironhide before they do X-brawn.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Finally bit the bullet and decided to order Silverbolt on Amazon.

Turns out they still had one with hosed up packaging so I got a decent deal. Hopefully the figure is fine.

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

You're insane if you don't think they're going to release a black CWOP repaint as Nemesis Prime/Scourge to go along with Sideburn and 4 more limb bot repaints as RiD/CR homages. Hasbro's gonna milk this poo poo til the cow runs dry.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Silhouette posted:

You're insane if you don't think they're going to release a black CWOP repaint as Nemesis Prime/Scourge to go along with Sideburn and 4 more limb bot repaints as RiD/CR homages. Hasbro's gonna milk this poo poo til the cow runs dry.

I dunno I would think that Scourge would be a terrible CWOP repaint since you have Motormaster anyways. They're very very similar.

Scourge would need his own guy if he was a combiner torso, if anything Scourge would be better done as a leader Ultra Magnus repaint since he'll have a trailer to carry decepticons. Not Only that but Minimus Ambus could be repainted as G1 Scourge to tie the character and names into a single entity.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Silhouette posted:

This sounds like something Takara would do, because by God do they love their black Prime repaints.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

The Taint Reaper posted:

Scourge would need his own guy if he was a combiner torso, if anything Scourge would be better done as a leader Ultra Magnus repaint since he'll have a trailer to carry decepticons. Not Only that but Minimus Ambus could be repainted as G1 Scourge to tie the character and names into a single entity.

That sounds like a great idea... for a hugely overpriced convention exclusive.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

That sounds like a great idea... for a hugely overpriced convention exclusive.

I dunno we got the Wreckers doubling as RID Ruination in their combined form with the face of Ruination being their leader who never got a toy before.

Convention exclusives and TFCC ones seem secondary to how awesome the general release lines are.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

The Taint Reaper posted:

Yeah it is a weird choice, especially since there's RID Prowl and X-Brawn who have not been referenced at all since RID ended.

It would kind of be pointless to just have Sideburn with the other two missing. Not only that but Jhiaxus got a mass release and he referenced his RID toy which was originally a Kay-bee exclusive. Unless the Prowl figure we're getting is not G1 Prowl and is RID prowl(who's alt mode is already used by one of the Stunticons).

Scoop got a figure without any accompanying Targetmasters of his lineup. No reason Sideburn can't be brought back out of nowhere without RiD Prowl and X-Brawn. Maybe somebody calling the shots at Hasbro liked Sideburn and decided to get more mileage out of the Blackjack mold. Your constant leaps of illogic border on the surreal. It's like posting in a thread with Professor Trelawney.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Keldroc posted:

Scoop got a figure without any accompanying Targetmasters of his lineup. No reason Sideburn can't be brought back out of nowhere without RiD Prowl and X-Brawn. Maybe somebody calling the shots at Hasbro liked Sideburn and decided to get more mileage out of the Blackjack mold. Your constant leaps of illogic border on the surreal. It's like posting in a thread with Professor Trelawney.

Scoop was at least a G1 guy.

Now you have Armada and RID people showing up. I am deeply concerned about the Cybertron immigration policies.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Don't worry, Starscream will try to let 5 million get earth work visas. We just have to make sure the Tripredicus council doesn't vote it down. Turns out the Predicons aren't so keen on illegal aliens.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

The Taint Reaper posted:

Scoop was at least a G1 guy.

Now you have Armada and RID people showing up. I am deeply concerned about the Cybertron immigration policies.

They already did a Beast Machines character. It can only go up from there.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"
Aww, neat, Entertainment Earth sent me an e-mail showing my order status!

Nothing has changed and Motormaster is still scheduled for June!

(Seriously though, the hell)

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

The Taint Reaper posted:

Sideburn was the only one with a new and really unique deco. Prowl was just another white and black police car, X-Brawn was just a grey SUV with some green details in robot mode. Sideburn just plain looks best on the shelf to an eight year old who has no idea what its homaging.

That said, a combiner of RiD2000 homages would be pretty cool as a convention exclusive or something using Hot Spot as a RiD2000 Prime. That would work a lot better than a fourth use of the Prime/Motormaster mold as a third straight-up Prime repaint as Scourge. You could make Prowl and X-Brawn out of straight repaints of Streetwise and Offroad, but in that case having Sideburn as a legends-class who doesn't connect to the combined form while the other two are deluxe limbs would be lame, and there's really no clear choice for the other limbs. You could pick two spychangers, or use some of the G2 repaint guys or something, but those guys were all pretty minor characters.

Zaa Boogie posted:

Aww, neat, Entertainment Earth sent me an e-mail showing my order status!

Nothing has changed and Motormaster is still scheduled for June!

(Seriously though, the hell)
Maybe you should cancel it and order it from this guy on Amazon?
http://www.amazon.com/Transformers-Generations-Combiner-Voyager-Motormaster/dp/B00T6ZQB08

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"

Naw, I want somebody to have a date for 2016 so I can everything all at once.

For all my tears, though, I'm gonna leave it be and just get anything else that pops up from BBTS. I got enough stuff on my plate to pass the time, haw.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

quote:

Hide your Mini-Cons, because Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Leader Armada Megatron is coming! Transforming from tank to 10-inch robot, the retro ruler of the Decepticons is back to menace Optimus Prime and his Autobots. He longs for combat, and will be back to stop Optimus Prime, and bring much pain to his men. Megatron will make Hot Shot's shoulders hurt!

JaAm reference for upcoming Hotshot figure confirmed.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Aww, they totally had a chance to bring back the Goblet of Strife.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Speaking of Megs I hope BBTS gets some extra ones when their shipment arrives since preorders are sold out (unless you buy him together with the armada retool). I missed out and I really want him.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Phy posted:

Aww, they totally had a chance to bring back the Goblet of Strife.

That's GALVATRON, you knucklehead!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Orbital has Wave 2 of CW in:

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

The_Doctor posted:

Orbital has Wave 2 of CW in:

I'm jel. I'm totes jel.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

I'm jel. I'm totes jel.

Hi totes jel, I'm DoctorWhat!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

DoctorWhat posted:

Hi totes jel, I'm DoctorWhat!

Sit down, dad.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Why is this thread 50% Doctors and Captains by post count?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Well to be fair there are 13 Doctor's...

On a lark I stopped at a Walgreens last night. KO of some of thw Warbotron stuff have been showing up in pre-packaged Easter baskets and I wanted to see them for myself. They didn't have any but they did have three PRIME figures, Rumble, Bumblebee and Knockout, all for $6 each! I didn't have any of them so I snagged all three. Not bad for $18. I was also at a Big Lots yesterday and found more Kre-O combiners, this time for $6 each. They're still terrible but now I want more.

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

Hey I'm a doctor. PhD in spending money on things that I don't need but want.

Wave 2, I've barely seen wave 1 in stores :(

DrChud fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Mar 2, 2015

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Yeah yeah yeah. How about some Scotch whiskey? You got any of that around here, or just a bunch of nonsense words?

Spiderdrake posted:

Why is this thread 50% Doctors and Captains by post count?

To be fair I'm just too cheap to change my name to my newer terrible internet handle.

Anyone else have any overly tight limb ports on their Silverbolt? I think I need to take his leg apart and sand down the joins, but I haven't opened it to make sure what's wrong. The drat thing need pliers or something to pry the limbs back out. Really scary to mess with.

Combiner action pose photo later probably because Superion is so god drat good.

Also finally wound up with the minicon team from last year. Fun to mess with but pretty flawed/junky. I'm a sucker for minicon teams though, and they do some clever things.

DrChud posted:

Hey I'm a doctor. PhD in spending money on things that I don't need but want.

Wave 2, I've barely seen wave 1 in stores :(

I know. I still need Bombshell and Powerglide. Plus my Star Saber preorder is gonna hit soon. Argh!

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Captain Blaargh posted:

Also finally wound up with the minicon team from last year. Fun to mess with but pretty flawed/junky. I'm a sucker for minicon teams though, and they do some clever things.

Which minicon team? The Combiner team or the two Dollar Store minicon teams?

Blackheart posted:

Speaking of Megs I hope BBTS gets some extra ones when their shipment arrives since preorders are sold out (unless you buy him together with the armada retool). I missed out and I really want him.

Every store shelf section I see with the Leader class tag on it is empty waiting for the arrival.

No jetfires means that megatron will have no competition for shelf space and should be plentiful.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Tell me more about your sightings in New Jersey as they relate to a European poster

Also TFP Rumble for $6 is a great deal, little dude is awesome.

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Yeah yeah yeah. How about some Scotch whiskey? You got any of that around here, or just a bunch of nonsense words?

The Taint Reaper posted:

Which minicon team? The Combiner team or the two Dollar Store minicon teams?

Every store shelf section I see with the Leader class tag on it is empty waiting for the arrival.

No jetfires means that megatron will have no competition for shelf space and should be plentiful.

The combiner team.

And there's been at least one shipment of Megatrons up here in Frozen Nowhere, Maine. Fortunately for my wallet they only had an Armada Megs left when I happened by.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Rhyno posted:

On a lark I stopped at a Walgreens last night. KO of some of thw Warbotron stuff have been showing up in pre-packaged Easter baskets and I wanted to see them for myself. They didn't have any but they did have three PRIME figures, Rumble, Bumblebee and Knockout, all for $6 each! I didn't have any of them so I snagged all three. Not bad for $18. I was also at a Big Lots yesterday and found more Kre-O combiners, this time for $6 each. They're still terrible but now I want more.

Did I just read that correctly that knockoffs of third-party versions of the Combaticons are winding up in Easter baskets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Phy posted:

Did I just read that correctly that knockoffs of third-party versions of the Combaticons are winding up in Easter baskets.

Yes you did.

K-mart usually has those ugly Easter basket things as well.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Mar 2, 2015