Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014

all tasks done! :unsmith:

Off to the mage training arena

SleepingPizza fucked around with this message at 06:04 on Feb 28, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LemonyTang
Nov 29, 2009

Ask me about holding 4gate!
I'm only 31 because of all the xp treasure hunter gives

allta
Mar 28, 2011
Yet another reason to leave public chat off...

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

If you want a pizza this pie
You can crust that
I won't cheese on you
Dance on the groove flour
And I'll give you a disco-unt

allta posted:

Yet another reason to leave public chat off...

"In the game or real life?"

Also, it seems Jagex is at it again!

http://www.jagex.com/a=13/careers/jobs/1107

Transformers MMO and all the previous failures just weren't enough, apparently.

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014

Themata posted:

"In the game or real life?"

It'll gently caress up then we'll get more P2W events for TH to make up for the mills lost.

Soulhunter
Dec 2, 2005

"We're afraid that due to increasing amounts of failed diversification attempts server costs and a loss of memberships advertising revenue, we need to raise membership prices again." - Jagex, January 2016

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Themata posted:

This is the fate of all non-Runescape games Jagex will ever create:

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

I got bored, RuneScape's hold is weakening on me, et cetera et cetera. So here's "Goons Get Hungry And Murder Each Other For Fun: The Five Day Simulation"

Completely randomized picks, save for admin picks. Not gonna apologize for my deliberate double placement.

Welp, I got screwed badly. And other kills too. Whatever.

yeah eat my amoebic dysentery-infected dick grips >:( loving Pirate's bloodlust, man. And Endy forgetting water, too.

Winner is Pizza Pirate! He wins gently caress all since this is just an RNG thing.

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

You can crust that
I won't cheese on you
:stare::stare::stare:

I would've won too if I weren't momentarily confused as to why Pizza Pirate was a District 5 Female! :argh:

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Themata posted:

:stare::stare::stare:

I would've won too if I weren't momentarily confused as to why Pizza Pirate was a District 5 Female! :argh:

And here I thought Magres would be the first to bitch about the gender misplacement. Genders do not matter in the simulation as anyone can win/lose/get killed horribly.

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

You can crust that
I won't cheese on you
^^^ I didn't even notice Magres was put in as a lady :v: ^^^

That was meant to be a edit post, not reply. :eng99:

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014
My bloodlust shall not be quenched till I get my rum and a wench.

Arkitektbmw
Jun 22, 2010

SleepingPizza posted:

My bloodlust shall not be quenched till I get my rum and a wench.

Christ....I misread that as rum and a wrench.

I was thinking you were going to be pirate Mario for a second there.

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014

Arkitektbmw posted:

Christ....I misread that as rum and a wrench.

I was thinking you were going to be pirate Mario for a second there.

Itsa me, Pizza Pirate! dESTROYER OF ALL, BRINGER OF DEATH TO ALL THAT OPPOSE ME

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
Ugh gently caress, at least I went 3-1.

How the gently caress did Pirate kill everyone on the last day? Laced Kool-Aid?

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Poonerman posted:

RNG can be super fickle. Like, holy hell. Made worse by how the advanced version of the simmer has Alliances that eventually mean gently caress-all.
Side note: Has the GE finally stabilized from last week?

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Poonerman posted:

His posting.

Odette
Mar 19, 2011

widespread posted:

Side note: Has the GE finally stabilized from last week?

Prices are still kinda bottoming out, I'm waiting until next week before loving with the GE.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

I just started again and wondered if the clan system changed since I can basically do nothing except go to the forums.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

widespread posted:

And here I thought Magres would be the first to bitch about the gender misplacement. Genders do not matter in the simulation as anyone can win/lose/get killed horribly.

I saw it and laughed :cheeky:

I am the prettiest princess

Reoxygenation
Dec 8, 2010

if wishes were fishes fuck you this is my pie

Magres posted:

I saw it and laughed :cheeky:

I am the prettiest princess

No that's actually me

How does it feel to be wrong

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Michaellaneous posted:

I just started again and wondered if the clan system changed since I can basically do nothing except go to the forums.

Well, after a week you'll be allowed into the citadel to slave for goon and country. It's real good exp but capped.

Otherwise you should be able to chat in the clan channel. Don't think there is much more than that.

Reoxygenation posted:

No that's actually me

How does it feel to be wrong

Guddamn. :boom:

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

The Behind the Scenes for March has been out for a while, but it was never posted in the thread.

quote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3W-0OaLngB4
Behind the Scenes - March 2015

Dimension of Disaster – Members only Quest

On main update this month is our highly anticipated 200th Quest, and with it comes a huge amount of new content for you to enjoy.

Ever imagined what it would be like if the hero never existed? Bosses have won, cities have been taken over because you just weren't there to stop them. In an alternative version of our history, Zemouregal rules “New Varrock”, an ominous city filled with the living corpses of all your previous allies, friendly shopkeepers and the poor old Varrock guard.

In total there are 5 parts to this ridiculous and comical adventure, each a humorous take on one of our existing Varrock quests, with increasingly difficult requirements to access. You’ll also need to make some cash since you won’t be able to access your bank in this new world, dealing in Zemomarks to earn the gear you need to succeed… aww, it’s just like being a noob again.

To help you with this there’s a task set to complete with a few special assignments to, once again, rescue poor old Gertrude’s cat! The content is full of that nostalgic buzz you’ve told us you want, with familiar music, hidden rewards and celebrations of all things RuneScapey. The content is jam packed full of rewards for completing each part of the quest, the task set, and from Gypsy Aris’s special shop.

Boss Practice Mode – Members Only

Are you one of those players that looks at a boss monster in the news and thinks 'That’s cool, but I’d just get owned'? Perhaps you’re an experienced boss fighter but would love a way to try out different tactics without the threat of death? Well, we have the perfect solution for you – and it’s called boss practice mode.

When you enter a boss lair you'll see a practice option, which will mean you can die safely, but not earn XP or loot from the possible kill.

We’ve also added rewards for players who take new boss killing players into their groups. If you earn a kill with players who’ve killed the boss less than 10 times, you’ll earn kill points to spend on some awesome cosmetic gear to show off your helpfulness.

In other news

There’s lots of other great stuff going on this month, like changes to the instancing system for bosses, making it easier for you to re-join rentals after restocking, and a result from months of discussions on the forums we’re finally ready to release our new look skillcapes, so keep an eye out for those.

The outfit on Solomons Store this month is something really special, A Dark Lord Pack featuring crazy animations and a fearsome looking costume, plus we’ve got a few new potions to give your character some unique skin tones.

The BETA servers are getting some new content to try out and feedback on too, like the rework to the death system, a crazy mash up of legacy interfaces and EOC action bars and a new “Drop pickup” system that allows you to grab multiple piles of loot in one easy click. The BETA servers are there for you to try things out, so do let us know your feedback after you do. Have fun!

Plus, keep bunny ears open for news on our eggciting Easter content.

In our latest podcast, the RS-DOS (Dukes of Scrumbridge) team reviews the release of the new quest Dishonour among Thieves! Our very own Mod Osborne quizzes Mod Tim, Mod Ollie and Mod Chaose on many aspects of the design, development and release - as well as have a Quest Name Dropping competition.

W00ters out.

The Beta content is out now.

quote:

Beta: EoC/Legacy Mash-up

Beta is Back!

The beta is back and available to play right now for all members! We have a number of projects and changes in the pipeline that we would like your feedback on before they go into the live game. Today is the first of several planned releases, so look out for more in the future.

The first time you log in, a version of your main account will be imported and you will be transported to Lumbridge. Anything you do in the beta will not affect your account in the main game.

Play the beta now!

Beta Changes

EoC/Legacy Mashup

Interfaces have been decoupled combat from combat modes, so now you can play with Legacy interfaces and EoC combat, or with the new customisable interfaces and Legacy combat. Choose your preference from the game settings menu.

Melee 2H Improvements

Quake now deals 219% damage to the main target.
Hurricane will now hit twice on the main target.
Meteor Strike will now deal AoE damage to nearby opponents.
Meteor Strike no longer requires the opponent to have less than 50% life points.
Barge will now apply a 1.2 second bind on an opponent.
Barge no longer shares a cooldown with surge.
Barge with no target will no longer perform surge. This will be change to use the targeting cursor in a future update.
Legacy Soul Split Healing

In an effort to bring into line 2-handed Soul Split healing, the healing cap has been removed in Legacy combat mode.

PvP Focused Changes

Disabling prayers has been removed from Snipe, Dragonbreath and Havoc.
Basic stuns now last for 1.2 seconds.
Basic and threshold stuns no longer share a cooldown.
Eating food during PvP in non-Legacy combat mode will drain adrenaline instead of invoking a global cooldown.
Giving Feedback

As the projects in beta are still a work in progress, they are unlikely to be perfect. Therefore it is important you let us know what you think of them and inform us if you find any bugs.

For any feedback that you may have, please post this in the beta feedback subforum, and for any bugs, please use the in-game bug reporter (while on a beta server).

In certain circumstances we may honour players with 'the Gamebreaker' title to use in the main game. This is for those who we have determined to have gone above and beyond to help test the beta, have provided great feedback and reported major bugs.

Thank you and we look forward to your feedback.

In Other News

The Ninja Team have made a number of improvements to the WildyWyrm and lava strykewyrms including providing wild arrows to go with your strykebows.
You may notice many of the skeleton models have been reworked, and some of the animations you see in desert areas have also been updated. These graphical improvements are courtesy of the Ninjas.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Simsmagic posted:

EoC/Legacy Mashup

Interfaces have been decoupled combat from combat modes, so now you can play with Legacy interfaces and EoC combat, or with the new customisable interfaces and Legacy combat. Choose your preference from the game settings menu.

WHAT THE HELL :psyduck:
literally my only complaint about Legacy combat mode is finally being addressed. if i get to use the new interface with Legacy I might actually use that stupid combat mode!

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

quote:

Boss Practice Mode – Members Only 

Are you one of those players that looks at a boss monster in the news and thinks 'That’s cool, but I’d just get owned'?

Aww hey, they made an update just for me. :shobon:

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

Aww hey, they made an update just for me. :shobon:

Same. Legitimately excited for it, I really wanna learn araxxor without losing all my poo poo.

Telarra
Oct 9, 2012

Maybe that will finally get me to take on Nomad.

e: It's not for quest bosses, is it? :(

Desuwa
Jun 2, 2011

I'm telling my mommy. That pubbie doesn't do video games right!
I'll probably aim to get my quest cape with the 200th quest then go into hibernation.

I don't really play this game to max my stats or anything, and now that I've completed almost all the quests I've got very few goals I feel like pursuing left. Raising skills for the sake of getting higher numbers takes far too long for me.

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014

Moddington posted:

Nomad got way easier since EoC. I did it post-EoC in barrows gear eating sharks with no potions.

Telarra
Oct 9, 2012

That's definitely an improvement from "max combat stats with a full bag of prayer pots and sara brews".

Read
Dec 21, 2010

There are plans to buff Nomad along with a lot of other quest bosses, one dev is working on it.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Moddington posted:

Nomad is absurdly easy right now, the only real challenge is the double Nomad fight in Dominion Tower, where both have double HP (90.000).
I killed both Nomads with a normal whip and excalibur + rocktails, I imagine he's no problem with mage during the quest, where he only has 45.000 HP.

Just look out for the One-winged Angel attack and take your time with the mines.

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
Ask me about fixed-gear bikes (aka "fixies")
To any moderately high level goons:

Go do Combat Academy in lumbridge. You can get an absolute boatload of xp in expensive combat skills like prayer or summoning for 10 minutes of work

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

SeaGoatSupreme posted:

To any moderately high level goons:

Go do Combat Academy in lumbridge. You can get an absolute boatload of xp in expensive combat skills like prayer or summoning for 10 minutes of work

Is that the EoC training area where you learn combat and get lamps for it? Or something different? I could use summoning exps.

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015
This thread has inspired me to try RS again. Made a new character, switched on legacy mode and now working towards a mage pure until his level out scales his usefulness. Do pures still work in the wilderness or will I be totally outclassed?

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014

logged in right next to it! Just need a divine impling now. Thank you jammy dodger.

Soulhunter
Dec 2, 2005

CashEnsign posted:

This thread has inspired me to try RS again. Made a new character, switched on legacy mode and now working towards a mage pure until his level out scales his usefulness. Do pures still work in the wilderness or will I be totally outclassed?

I'm not sure about pures being viable on the main game anymore, but just as a note, you'll want to train magic on EoC/Revolution instead of legacy if you're not using a staff that provides runes outright. Abilities on revolution have a good chance of not using up runes last time I checked, where legacy uses runes on every cast.

In older news...

OldSchool Behind the Scenes posted:

March - The Month Ahead

February was a huge month for Old School. With both permanent F2P and the Grand Exchange released, it was one of our biggest months to date. March is going to be no different. Achievement Diaries, Membership Bonds and more... Let's get into the details of what the next month holds!

Achievement Diaries

Achievement Diaries have been in the works for quite some time now and we are finally approaching release. Development of the Achievement Diaries has come along leaps and bounds since February and we are aiming to have them out this Thursday. With 10 brand new diaries, this update is going to be a big one.

The Achievement Diaries update is sure to be one that gives you all something to aim for and a massive amount of content with which you can fill your time. With each diary you complete you will receive a reward offering you benefits in the area of the diary. You can read a full list of some of the benefits rewards offer in the previous Achievement Diary rewards dev blog.

Completing all diaries is a truly elite accomplishment and will allow you to get your hands on the Achievement Diary Cape. Completing all diaries will also trim your Quest Cape!

Let's not forget that along the way you'll also earn yourself various pieces of equipment. Shown below is the elite set of armour earned by completing all diaries.

Full List of Achievement diary Rewards

Membership Bonds

Membership bonds will allow you to buy membership for your account using in game gold pieces. Once membership bonds are released, you will be able to purchase them from other players or from the Grand Exchange.

Once you have a memberhsip bond you will be able to right-click it and select 'redeem' to add 14 days of membership to your account immediately. This allows you to extend your membership simply by playing Old School.

At the moment membership bonds can only be redeemed for membership. If the community want to use them for other things such as paying for Runefest we can add that, but it will need to pass a poll.

Once membership bonds are released you will be able to purchase one to give or sell to another player by clicking on the 'buy a bond' link on the main page and following the instruction to buy a bond from our website. You will then be able to give the bond to another player or sell it on the Grand Exchange.

Membership bonds should be launched mid-March. Watch for news on the website for more information.

Near miss poll content

We recently ran a near miss poll that covered a large amount of content. From wilderness boss pets to new clan wars game modes, the poll had a bit of everything. Later on in March we will see the first batch of content from the near miss poll coming to Old School.

Let's go over a few of the poll options that passed. Please note: it will likely take more than one update to get all of the content from the near miss poll in game.

Wilderness boss pets

When boss pets were originally polled, boss pet drops from the wilderness bosses did not pass. We added them to the near miss poll as we felt that the community now had a much better understanding of the impact that boss pets have and they passed with flying colours.

In the near future you will be able to get your hands on pets from Vet'ion, Venenatis, Callisto and Scorpia.

Skipping dialogue with the space bar

One of the most highly requested updates since the start of Old School has finally passed! At some point in the coming weeks we will be releasing the ability to skip through dialogue using the space bar and the ability to select from dialogue options with numbers on your keyboard.

This update is a simple one but simplifies a number of parts of the game. Definitely an update to look forward to.

Increasing poll requirements

We are going to be increasing the requirements to vote on a poll to 300 total level and 25 hours time played.

In order for these requirements to be enforced we are going to discontinue the ability to vote through the website poll module. This also means that it will not be possible to view polls through the website until after they are complete.

You can see a detailed explanation of all of the content included in the near miss poll by reading the developer blog and can see what passed over on the poll results page.

Easter 2015

At the end of March we will be releasing a brand new Easter event for Old School. As always with RuneScape holiday events, you can be sure that it will give you a reason to hop on and celebrate. We'll go into more detail on the Easter event closer to the release.

Be sure to follow Mod Ash on Twitter to see the inevitable behind the scenes sneak-peeks when they come.

The Old School Team

Last week saw the long-anticipated release of the OldSchool Grand Exhange and just before that, Permanent Free to Play servers. While the effects may be temporary, this has resulted in a steady incline in OldSchool players and both games are sustaining nearly-even player counts right now. At the time of this post's writing, OldSchool represents 47,182/96,354 (48.97%) of the total players online and that count has been teetering over the 50% point throughout the day.

Now is a great time to check out OldSchool RuneScape, with Bonds and the Achievement Diary expansion coming this month. There's also the temporary benefit of resources being dirt-cheap on the grand exchange. Wine making is almost 1gp/xp and the fastest cooking xp in the game right now! :stare:

Resizable mode is the next big project in the works, with the new continent, Zeah, actively being developed as a background project set for a late-summer release. Another Slayer update is rumoured to be in the works as well, potentially bringing new slayer monsters or drop table rebalances.

Soulhunter fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Mar 3, 2015

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015
Thanks for the reply. Are goons playing OS more than RS3? Do I need to be a member to play OS?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Read
Dec 21, 2010

Most goons play RS3. You don't need to be a member to play OSRS.