Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010
The new Balrog Thirster has a gigantic base, doesn't it? I just finished painting a set of Citadel trees, it's a great kit and these new bases drive home how vital it is to be able to disassemble the terrain in order to have any of these huge bases fit into the terrain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

The Sisko posted:

Do know if this a :filez: or not , but here it goes. I recently got an Imperial Knight and I'm looking at different paint schemes and I can't seem to find the ones from HH: Conquest ( I remember the IC's saying there was some particularly good ones in there). Could one of you goons who own the book PM me some of the color plates ? Just looking for some inspiration is all.

mods?!

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
Another painting update from FW.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

He's dancing! :3:

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
Nice colour, is that from the standard GW range?

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
Really don't know if I think that should be best in show.

fake e what a horrible thing to have to say about a painted spaceman

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

adamantium|wang posted:

Start naming mook leaders after thread posters imo

This.

JackMack
Nov 3, 2007

I think he has seen the ice cream van and is excitedly telling the rest of his company.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Lungboy posted:

Nice colour, is that from the standard GW range?

Yes/No.

You can do that colour by using Kabalite and Sybarite Green mixed with Incubi Darkness. However I think the person that painted that used Vallejo paints.

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?

Agreed.

Von Humboldt
Jan 13, 2009

BULBASAUR posted:

I'm working on a pretty big project called "better looking rapiers" TM. Thanks to generous donations of several goons in this thread I was able to get enough rare or OOP bits to make this project possible. The plan is to have nine of these bad boys, fully magatized, and eventually with crew. I was saving the reveal for when my proof of concept was done, but it sounds like you've got a similar idea so here ya go:

I still need to scratch build a magnetic lock/pin system so I can mount laser destroyers or thudd guns. Any feedback is welcome on how it looks and feels.
Glad you got your stuff up and running again. Thanks for the photos - it's exactly what I need. Now I can go about scheming ways to crack together my own Thudd Guns, since I have a height to go with length. Yours look great, by the way - what are your treads?

I appreciate you letting the cat out the bag early as well.

Von Humboldt fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Mar 2, 2015

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Hippity hoppity, hippity hoppity, over the hill, under the hill

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

DOOOOOO I hates that rrrrabbit!

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Okay, guys, I'm just getting started with the Hams and am wondering: does facing matter for infantry? The rulebook doesn't say, but it does talk about infantry turning on the spot.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
Facing only matters for Vehicles.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
I have a Battlefoam Air Bag that I bought at NOVA 2013 and never filled with custom foam. Last time I checked the order was still good, and I'll check again, but would anyone want to buy it off of me? Not sure how much a good deal would be.

I think it's time I sold my poo poo.

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Did I ever tell you my favorite color was blue?
Goes without saying that campaign is pretty cool, I'd love to have something that elaborate going at some point. In my on-going attempts to get my friends involved in 40K we played 2v2 500 points a piece skirmish. Since it was really my attempt at teaching them the rules we just plopped a glob of infantry on each end of the board, and marched through a forest of books, since our table was two poker tables mashed together, and we have no actual terrain pieces. Needless to say, there was a little whining when my buddies 500 points of Orks only managed to kill one terminator. Apparently, Space Marines are so OP, and I am a big jerkface for picking them as my army, but everyone still seemed to have fun.

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

I want to branch out and I'm going to stick with it.

MasterSlowPoke posted:

Facing only matters for Vehicles.

And flying monstrous creatures. If swooping, they can only turn 90º. But not for firing their guns. (Unless you're a stupid tournament director making a ruling on a certain Tyranid transport pod. )

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Australia cares about cunts. Including this one.

Master Twig posted:

And flying monstrous creatures. If swooping, they can only turn 90º. But not for firing their guns. (Unless you're a stupid tournament director making a ruling on a certain Tyranid transport pod. )

eh gently caress nids

:v:

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

I want to branch out and I'm going to stick with it.

Naramyth posted:

eh gently caress nids

:v:

Bring it. I'm gonna kick your rear end with nids at Waughfest.

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I have a Battlefoam Air Bag that I bought at NOVA 2013 and never filled with custom foam. Last time I checked the order was still good, and I'll check again, but would anyone want to buy it off of me? Not sure how much a good deal would be.

I think it's time I sold my poo poo.

A what?

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
Dear lord there's a lot of plastic in the Deathstorm box.

Stanyer89
Aug 4, 2012

Hey look what came in the mail today.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
That's a kickass mat!

I've finished the DE squad for my Eldar deep-strike shenanigans. I tried to shade the red a little better and also upgraded my phone (much better camera). I hope that helps, what do you think?

Taken up perch in the ruins...

Renfield
Feb 29, 2008
Those look fantastic, the reds are Really nice, and the bone-effect on the other pieces is just wonderful.

Nice accents on the Jewels, as well.

Really, Very good.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
Those Dark Eldar look real good, Boon, and that terrain looks awesome. Adding snow where it would actually pile up is a great touch.

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?

Stanyer89 posted:

Hey look what came in the mail today.

How's the durability on that? And where'd you get it?

Stanyer89
Aug 4, 2012

Slimnoid posted:

How's the durability on that? And where'd you get it?

Got it from here:

http://www.deepcutstudio.com/category/mats-size-4-x6

As far as durability goes I can't give you an accurate answer because I've only owned it for about an hour now. Just by feeling it and moving it around it seems sturdy and the backing has a nice rough stippled texture so it doesn't slide around.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.
Im looking for some listadvice.

Currently I run:

Szeras with 10 immortals in a night scythe

2x10 warriors in ghost arks

5 wraiths with coils

5 Praetorians

Triarch Stalker

Anni Barge.

I just had a game today where I got demolished against nids, and im thinking whether or not it could be worth it to switch out one of the ghost arks for some tomb blades, more warriors or something else.

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Stanyer89 posted:

Got it from here:

As far as durability goes I can't give you an accurate answer because I've only owned it for about an hour now. Just by feeling it and moving it around it seems sturdy and the backing has a nice rough stippled texture so it doesn't slide around.

Are these made out of the same material as a mousepad? A few posts back Holismason had a good post about cheapo terrain, and I figured since we are on the topic it might be the right time for me to pick up a game mat. Something that can be rolled up would be preferable.

I like GWs terrain models and all, but honestly painting my army takes long enough, I am not going to construct my own terrain anytime soon.

DJ Dizzy posted:

Currently I run:

Szeras with 10 immortals in a night scythe

2x10 warriors in ghost arks

5 wraiths with coils

5 Praetorians

Triarch Stalker

Anni Barge.

I just had a game today where I got demolished against nids, and im thinking whether or not it could be worth it to switch out one of the ghost arks for some tomb blades, more warriors or something else.

Not that I am a fountain of advice, but what was the point total, and what did your enemy use?

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.

Uroboros posted:

Are these made out of the same material as a mousepad? A few posts back Holismason had a good post about cheapo terrain, and I figured since we are on the topic it might be the right time for me to pick up a game mat. Something that can be rolled up would be preferable.

I like GWs terrain models and all, but honestly painting my army takes long enough, I am not going to construct my own terrain anytime soon.

Not that I am a fountain of advice, but what was the point total, and what did your enemy use?

1500 pts.

He had a hive tyrant with mawlocs and a hive guard

20 Hormaguants

Toxicrene

Tyrannofex

Haruspex

Sporocyst? (The one that spawns mines)

10 gargoyles

2x4 warriors with stuff

15 Termagaunts

2 Zoanthropes.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Stanyer89 posted:

Got it from here:

Wow, a full 4x6 mat that has an awesome texture to it, how thick is the material? Does it roll up well? That seems like something I'd buy if shipping wasn't murderous, for if I ever get back into the game/use old rules.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
That looks like more than 1,500 points to me...

Edit: meant to reply to DJ Dizzy

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

MY LIFE GOAL IS TO STICK A FLESHLIGHT INTO THE END OF A HOWITZER AND FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF IT
He could pull that off in 1500 without upgrades if it's just 1 Mawloc, but that's still 4 HS choices.

AbusePuppy
Nov 1, 2012

BEST DAY OF MY LIFE!!!!!! so far.

DJ Dizzy posted:

*deletia*

So, you've got some pretty good stuff in the list- in fact, there's nothing really bad in there at all. (It helps that the Necron book doesn't really have very many bad choices to speak of.) However, looking over the list as a whole it seems like you don't really have a strong focus for things, and there's some definite issues I can see you having with Monstrous Creatures, so I can see why Tyranids gave you problems. The big issue is that your list doesn't really have a strong theme of any kind- you've got some tough vehicles, and some assault units, and some infantry, and it's all kind of jumbled together; that gives the enemy plenty of choices for what to shoot their guns at, and that's not a good thing. The easiest way to improve your list would be to find it a stronger focus by trimming down some of the parts that aren't being used to full effectiveness.

My first pick for that would definitely be the Praetorians- although they are a good unit and have tons of uses, your list isn't really getting a ton of mileage out of them; they and the Wraiths are largely alone in wanting to advance on the enemy and are the only infantry targets in the list early on in the game. If you had, say, another squad of each of them it might be a different matter, but as it stands they just present an easy target for your enemy to pick off. You might also consider trimming the Immortal squad down, although I'm not as sure about that- a smaller squad would be better for late-game capturing of objectives, but a larger squad would be better able to handle itself when isolated from the rest of the army. It's something you could play around with, though.

In place of the Praetorians (and maybe Immortals) I would suggest adding bodies to your Warrior units. Bulking them up means you no longer fit in the Ghost Arks, it's true, but with 4+ RP and the Arks putting guys back into the squads that probably isn't an issue. Instead, run Szeras in one of the Arks between the two Warrior units and have the Warriors themselves hoof it, moving alongside the Arks as they trundle forward and fire away at infantry units or heavy tanks. With BS5 (from the Stalker or Szeras) they should tear up most things pretty badly.

Monstrous Creatures as a whole are a problem for Necrons and your list doesn't have a ton of tools against them, but the Wraiths should be a good one. If you really want to shore up your game in that regard, another unit of Wraiths, Lychguard, or a Command Barge could all be good additions. You could also look to allies to help with the issue- Orks are great against them, as are Dark Eldar.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

Hencoe posted:

He could pull that off in 1500 without upgrades if it's just 1 Mawloc, but that's still 4 HS choices.

Everything naked brings it 1490 points, but then the Warriors don't get 'stuff'.

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

Stanyer89 posted:

Got it from here:

I was really considering one of those but I have no idea if it's worth importing to the States.

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Spotted a fully painted/assembled Land Raider Redeemer on Ebay for $100 no shipping fee, which is just $20 over what a new one costs off the shelf. Only downside, weapon options aren't magnetized...decisions!!

Stanyer89
Aug 4, 2012

Uroboros posted:

Same material, just not as thick. It came rolled up in a large tube so I'm sure it will be easy to roll back up due to it not being super thick.

I bought some of the Pegasus terrain today and for the center of the mat I'm getting the GW Honoured Imperium statue because it looks pretty cool in my opinion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sulecrist
Apr 5, 2007

Better tear off this bar association logo.

Stanyer89 posted:

Same material, just not as thick. It came rolled up in a large tube so I'm sure it will be easy to roll back up due to it not being super thick.

I bought some of the Pegasus terrain today and for the center of the mat I'm getting the GW Honoured Imperium statue because it looks pretty cool in my opinion.

I just got the Honored Imperium set; that statue is loving huge. I bought a set of the old resin Cities of Death barricades but otherwise I'm planning on doing what you're doing and going with Pegasus. Probably.

• Locked thread