Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Blitz7x posted:

I think the pulse of TFF regarding JFF was

10% Unironically thought he would destroy the NFL
10% Wanted him to absolutely fail outright (these people are cheering right now)
80% Wanted him to skullfuck the NFL, but that it was unlikely

pretty much

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Its gonna be really funny if manziel returns next season and tears poo poo up

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

Blitz7x posted:

10% Wanted him to absolutely fail outright (these people are cheering right now)

Eh, yeah pretty much. I would have laughed my rear end off if he turned out to be amazing and won the Browns a few super bowls, but certainly never expected it to happen.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Nah, seeing him in a QB competition with Josh McCown and losing said competition would be much funnier

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

"It's gonna be really funny if gravity reverses itself and we can all fly"

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Chokes McGee posted:

"It's gonna be really funny if gravity reverses itself and we can all fly"

that would be terrifying

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

Mel Mudkiper posted:

johnny manziel owns

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
i hope he works hard from now on

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Blitz7x posted:

I'm currently holding all three opinions simultaneously

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Its gonna be really funny if manziel is traded to literally any other team and tears poo poo up

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

Watching a cocky spoiled rich kid utterly implode is hilarious. We all saw this coming but it doesn't make it any less funny.

I wish he ended up on a different team though. The Browns don't deserve this.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Yaws posted:

Watching a cocky spoiled rich kid utterly implode is hilarious. We all saw this coming but it doesn't make it any less funny.

I wish he ended up on a different team though. The Browns don't deserve this.

I don't want to be accused of victim blaming, but the Browns were totally asking for it.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
The fans of Cleveland should hunt down that homeless guy like a dog.

Wanvig
Sep 8, 2003

Being surrounded by annoying Aggies in real life has made Johnny's implosion immensely satisfying, but I really do feel bad for the Cleveland fans having to endure it.

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

My vote is a situation where Manziel is traded to a team that manages to win a Super Bowl despite his mediocre play all season and playoffs. "He sucked and is overrated" meets "yes but he has just as many rings as Peyton :smug:"

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

Democratic Pirate posted:

My vote is a situation where Manziel is traded to a team that manages to win a Super Bowl despite his mediocre play all season and playoffs. "He sucked and is overrated" meets "yes but he has just as many rings as Peyton :smug:"

Ah the Eli Manning approach

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Y Kant Ozma Diet posted:

not really

Democratic Pirate posted:

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
joe flacco and russell wilson then

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Dr. Whet Faartz would like to know if this smells funny to you?

Y Kant Ozma Diet posted:

The Jared Lorenzen approach! :eng101:

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

windshipper posted:

The Jared Lorenzen approach! :eng101:

I like to think that if Manziel were Lorenzen-sized, he'd basically be Chris Farley, which is fine by me.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

The fans of Cleveland should hunt down that homeless guy like a dog.
I haven't seen many this winter outside of the occasional one at lunch time :smith:

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Can we push off collectively buying into Johnny being a Weedon-sized bust until next year?

Maybe this is just me, but it's annoying to watch the evisceration a guy whose only failure was being unable to bail out one of the worst franchises in the NFL over the last 3 games of the season.

I'm betting this is the wrong thread for optimism of this nature.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
I agree it's too early to declare Johnny a bust, but let's not downplay how awful he was and the fact that the Browns were over .500 when he took over. They have huge management and front office issues, but on the field they weren't one of the worst franchises in the NFL this year. and he played like raw dogshit for sure

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Chilichimp posted:

Can we push off collectively buying into Johnny being a Weedon-sized bust until next year?

Maybe this is just me, but it's annoying to watch the evisceration a guy whose only failure was being unable to bail out one of the worst franchises in the NFL over the last 3 games of the season.

I don't think anyone considers Manziel a Weeden-sized bust.

Weeden was a much better player than Manziel has been to this point, and had fewer off the field issues. :v:

FeedingHam2Cats
Nov 10, 2009

football fuckerman posted:

joe flacco and russell wilson then

except joe flacco is a playoff god

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

FeedingHam2Cats posted:

except joe flacco is a playoff god

never heard of em

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

I agree it's too early to declare Johnny a bust, but let's not downplay how awful he was and the fact that the Browns were over .500 when he took over. They have huge management and front office issues, but on the field they weren't one of the worst franchises in the NFL this year. and he played like raw dogshit for sure

Laughed a little too hard at this. I'm a 12 year old or something.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Metapod posted:

that would be terrifying

As would Manziel suddenly being good

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Chilichimp posted:

Weedon-sized? Weedon was better and not an off-the-field train wreck. This will be Manziel-sized in the future.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
If he doesn't show anything in the next season or two, this will be an amazing bust. The only thing holding it back from the all-time greats is that Manziel was picked 22nd, not 1st or 2nd :(

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Dr. Whet Faartz would like to know if this smells funny to you?

warcrimes posted:

Weedon-sized? Weedon was better and not an off-the-field train wreck. This will be Manziel-sized in the future.

Brandon Weeden is also 6'3" and 228 lbs.

Manziel isn't. He simply can't be a Weeden-sized bust - he doesn't have the metrics for it.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

windshipper posted:

Brandon Weeden is also 6'3" and 228 lbs.

Manziel isn't. He simply can't be a Weeden-sized bust - he doesn't have the metrics for it.

Gives an added dimension to "Manziel-sized". I like it, well done.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Chilichimp posted:

Johnny needs time to develop in order to be any good.

The Browns do not want to give him that.

The dude is done.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

warcrimes posted:

Gives an added dimension to "Manziel-sized". I like it, well done.

Can't wait for the inevitable Drew Brees/Johnny Manziel comparisons surrounding every short college QB for the rest of loving time.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

He had a solid drive once where he showed some real flashes. It was in the game where he had a weird safety pass thing that I can't remember how the refs ended up calling. You definitely would like to see more, and you'd definitely not want to see him going into rehab in the offseason, but it's more like 70% he's a colossal failure for life than 99.9%.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Hey what do you know, Kyle Shanahan wanted to draft Garoppolo and they shot him down instead gifting him with Manziel-mania (according to Pat McManamon).

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
What a miss on a Super Bowl winning quarterback.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Chichevache posted:

The entire forum was baffled by teams passing on Bridgewater though. I think we definitely approve of some prospects.

RG3 and Cam were also loved by TFF

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

johnny manziel owns

i want him to succeed so badly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
same