Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Emong
May 31, 2011

perpair to be annihilated

Hercule gives you an ultimate that forces everyone to target you. It makes that mission pretty simple.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
What stat determines the effectiveness of your standard ki blast? Is there even any way to upgrade those?

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

PantsBandit posted:

What stat determines the effectiveness of your standard ki blast? Is there even any way to upgrade those?

It's normal attack.

Sex Tragedy
Jan 28, 2007

father of three with an extra large butt

NomChompsky posted:

a frieza race guy (can we come up with a less clumsy term to describe my race?)

A freon.

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

NomChompsky posted:

(can we come up with a less clumsy term to describe my race?)

You're an ice guy.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

NomChompsky posted:

Hoo boy I just want to write a little letter to whoever designed this mission where I have to defend Bardock.

Dear Person,

You're making me sad.

Love, NomChompsky.

How the gently caress did anyone beat this? I'm level 70 but I'm a frieza race guy (can we come up with a less clumsy term to describe my race?) So I'm designed to punch a lot. My beams take a massive penalty and I cannot loving keep Bardock at a high enough health for him to survive me killing Frieza. What to do? I thought that million-buu gauntlet was the biggest wall I'd hit but this blows that out of the water.

Use the Kai Kai or Wall of Defense skills to constantly teleport next to him, then use area effect supers and ultimates. Even if they don't do a lot of damage, stuff like Ultra Fighting Bomber and Super Electric Strike will at least incapacitate all the enemies in the area and stop Bardock from taking damage while you punch them to death.

Mechafunkzilla fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Mar 2, 2015

Emong
May 31, 2011

perpair to be annihilated

Cell calls them Frost Demons sometimes.

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

Emong posted:

Cell calls them Frost Demons sometimes.

That's a cool name.

OniPanda
May 13, 2004

OH GOD BEAR

Dimps please hire this thread to write the story for Xenoverse 2 tia

TERRIBLE SHITLORD
Oct 20, 2005

MY NIGGA HAVE
YOU TRIED LSD
I'm really trying to enjoy this game and some of the fights are a lot of fun but the AI having infinite ki and stamina is the biggest load of horseshit I have ever experienced. Beating the poo poo out of 6 dudes and then having Super Saiyan Vegeta and Future Trunks show up and do nothing but spam ultimate attacks while your AI teammates do nothing but walk into them is stupid beyond words.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

So piccolo in Zverse 420 (lol) was rollin' a blunt with Kami and was like "man I wish weed was legal"

But he forgot shenron was there because he was high as gently caress and goku was all like BUT I NEEDED TO REVIVE MY SON

And piccolo was all like "hit this poo poo"

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

BattleCattle posted:

You're an ice guy.

Mr. Cool Ice

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Catpiss Neverclean posted:

I'm really trying to enjoy this game and some of the fights are a lot of fun but the AI having infinite ki and stamina is the biggest load of horseshit I have ever experienced. Beating the poo poo out of 6 dudes and then having Super Saiyan Vegeta and Future Trunks show up and do nothing but spam ultimate attacks while your AI teammates do nothing but walk into them is stupid beyond words.

The worst for me is when they do that defensive area blast spam, because there isn't much you can do to that but back off and wait for them to stop; and then your teammates just repeatedly run in and get hit by it over and over and over. Come the gently caress on guys.

MoreMetalBrian
Oct 20, 2009

Well, I don't want Fop, goddamn it! I'm a Dapper Dan man!

ZenVulgarity posted:

So piccolo in Zverse 420 (lol) was rollin' a blunt with Kami and was like "man I wish weed was legal"

But he forgot shenron was there because he was high as gently caress and goku was all like BUT I NEEDED TO REVIVE MY SON

And piccolo was all like "hit this poo poo"

The greatest use of QTE in videogame history.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Why can't we jump to the musical dimension where everyone especially Piccolo must sing everything they mean to say? That would be the optimal dimension.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Kilometers Davis posted:

So unless they patch and switch stuff around this is definitely 100% a game that is best when you're blasting energy most of the time opposed to brawling, right? It just seems that way from this thread and my own experience so far. I started off enjoying the strike supers but the more I play I find myself wanting to go with mostly blasts because it seems much better and it's loving DBZ kamehamehas everywhere.

You can just blitz your way through most of the game. Even with the bullshit guard, you start taking their energy down. I didn't heal once on Brolly or the last boss, just constantly pounding on them. The only problem is getting caught in those 2 on one kamehameha loops of death on later missions fighting multiple SSJs.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Maleketh posted:

Jesus the first Bardock fight is rough. On the one hand, I can't die, but on the other, the soldiers are mudering the poo poo out of my ally and there's not much I can do.

I think you're mistaken here, because I finished mentoring under Frieza and that was not the Z-Soul I got. If you can remember where you got it I'd be a very happy man.

Hercule mentoring makes that fight ridiculously easy. The attacks the enemies do accomplish nothing on you, especially with the auto-heal boos you get from combining stuff. Hercule Satan's "draw everyone towards you" ultimate aggros everyone onto you, and makes them leave him alone. If people stop surrounding you; do it again. That works for any fight you're trying to keep a NPC alive with - just use Hercule's ultimate.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Somebody mentioned earlier there was a way to check the progress of you mentorship, where would that be?

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Sharkopath posted:

Somebody mentioned earlier there was a way to check the progress of you mentorship, where would that be?

Start -> Player Data (or something like that) -> Press left bumper to flip the page to the left.

There's a whole page of all your mentors and you can see a bar for how you're progressing on the current quest and you can see your ranks for each of their missions.

Also once you finish somebody's mentorship they allow you to go back and replay each quest mission if you want to try for a higher score, which is cool.

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

I wonder if certain mentors showing up to offer training is locked to levels.

I also wonder if I've missed the boat on getting training from Vegeta.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

BattleCattle posted:

Some are locked behind story progress, some behind level requirements.

You can't 'miss' any of them, but it might take a bit for them to show up sometimes.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

BattleCattle posted:

They can all show up at any time once you've cleared certain story missions, though some are more rare than others. Gohan/Videl will show up but won't accept you for training unless you're level 40+, I think. Ditto Goku and being level 70+.

Vegeta will show up again, he's one of the more common ones.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

BattleCattle posted:

It absolutely is, but its also sorta random when they show up. But they only show up once you hit a certain threshold.

You only get Krillin and Piccolo at first.
Later on you get Vegeta and Captain Ginyu and a few others.
You get Gohan and Videl and Cell pretty late.
Beerus and Freiza and Goku are all super high level only, AFAIK.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I tried out God Goku recently and I must say I was disappointed. Primarily because he had the Super Dragon Fist as a super but it was just Meteor Crash with some extra red on it. Hopefully the GT Goku DLC will have the actual Dragon Fist and mentor it to you.

ellbent
May 2, 2007

I NEVER HAD SOUL
I like being a high-Stamina Namekian punchguy with strong normal attacks and strikes because it compliments my friends' high-Ki blastguys. How can I be an even bigger punchguy? Currently I'm using Racoome's Z-soul, Racoome Kick to activate it automatically, and Captain Ginyu's mentor "use my Stamina as my health" Fighting Pose.

Killsion
Feb 16, 2011

Templars Rock.

BattleCattle posted:

He should be there. Go to start a PQ and at char selection, back out to reset the world. Keep doing this until Vegeta shows up.

Also holy crap, you guys were not kidding. Piccolo's 3rd set with Wrath of a Namekian is loving amazing. He just does not die. Now if only I could somehow kill things faster myself. Getting pounded on by SSJs would be a lot more manageable if I could kill them quicker. It's far too dangerous to go SSJ with so many others flying around.

Zaphod42 posted:

It absolutely is, but its also sorta random when they show up. But they only show up once you hit a certain threshold.

You only get Krillin and Piccolo at first.
Later on you get Vegeta and Captain Ginyu and a few others.
You get Gohan and Videl and Cell pretty late.
Beerus and Freiza and Goku are all super high level only, AFAIK.

Freiza isn't high level at all really, you need to complete Ginyu first, and by the time you do that, you should be fine.

Killsion fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Mar 2, 2015

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
Is SSJ worth buying up Ki bar with attribute boosts?

NomChompsky
Sep 17, 2008

Mechafunkzilla posted:

Use the Kai Kai or Wall of Defense skills to constantly teleport next to him, then use area effect supers and ultimates. Even if they don't do a lot of damage, stuff like Ultra Fighting Bomber and Super Electric Strike will at least incapacitate all the enemies in the area and stop Bardock from taking damage while you punch them to death.

Holy poo poo thank you for drawing my attention to Wall of Defense. Used this and beat it on my first try with it. You are the best.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Kylra posted:

Uh yes?

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Kylra posted:

It's the most broken thing in the game, do you like being able to do your ultra 8 times in a row in exchange for like a few combostrings worth of attacking?

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

ellbent posted:

I like being a high-Stamina Namekian punchguy with strong normal attacks and strikes because it compliments my friends' high-Ki blastguys. How can I be an even bigger punchguy? Currently I'm using Racoome's Z-soul, Racoome Kick to activate it automatically, and Captain Ginyu's mentor "use my Stamina as my health" Fighting Pose.

Fighting pose K, Meteor Crash. K gives super armour, Meteor Crash is really easy to combo off of and lets you meterburn for extra damage.

Bear in the Woods
Jun 1, 2013
Is it worth using SSJ2 if you have it or just the unupgraded SSJ to not use ki as fast?

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
I don't even have SSJ yet, and it's not like stats are super-transparent in this game. You never know about these things. Game designers are weird sometimes.

Sharkopath posted:

It's the most broken thing in the game, do you like being able to do your ultra 8 times in a row in exchange for like a few combostrings worth of attacking?
Yes. Yes I do. I guess that's what I'll put points into now that I have max blast. More spirit lasers never hurt anyone.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

NomChompsky posted:

Holy poo poo thank you for drawing my attention to Wall of Defense. Used this and beat it on my first try with it. You are the best.

:burger:

It's funny, a lot of the fights people are complaining about are in my opinion the most fun, since you have to think about which skills make them more manageable.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

ellbent posted:

Focus on getting the Piccolo/Kami fusion Z Soul.

The reasoning being, as a punch guy with all your damage specced towards fists, you never need to use supers/ultimates much, meaning your health constantly regenerates. If you're in trouble, you can just back off or fly around and regen, then get right back in the fight.

Then just spec towards regular attacks; you won't need much else unless you're fighting multiple SSJ beam guys (for that, you may need to spec in beam supers afterwards).

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

Neo_Crimson posted:

Can you get Future Trunks' outfit (the coat not his Capsule Corp jacket) in this game?

Yeah, it's called "Trunks' CC Clothes" or something, and it's from a PQ called something like "Super Team Up", mid 20s I think. The sad part it also is the same PQ where you unlock 2 of Trunks' sword skills, and the mission itself is fighting Piccolo / Krillin, then SSJ Vegeta / Trunks, then SSJ Adult Gohan / Goku. I've yet to satisfy the conditions or get a piece to drop.

E: I read that completely wrong and feel stupid. I don't think you can get the Time Patrol Trunks jacket. Sorry!

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

If I'm not trying to break a super guard, then I tend to only use ki attacks to finish combos. I guess it's a habit from when I had the evil explosion earlier in the game.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
Occasionally I get into clashes when I'm trying to melee guys- is this just one of those "spam one button as fast as I can" dealies, or what?

Also, I haven't tried this, but if my opponent is charging a Perfect Kamehameha or whatever, can I intercept it with whatever my energy blast Ultimate is and start a beam clash?

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

found this today. it's a guide to all the PQs in the game, and the guy is planning on adding more stuff to it, too:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1W1aHYspdbNXoapfw5QN9UjmKN5xZ-j3ExdeFXnNI6lM/edit

looks pretty handy so i saved a copy for myself and got rid of the horrible colors. here's the original link.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

deadly_pudding posted:

Occasionally I get into clashes when I'm trying to melee guys- is this just one of those "spam one button as fast as I can" dealies, or what?

Also, I haven't tried this, but if my opponent is charging a Perfect Kamehameha or whatever, can I intercept it with whatever my energy blast Ultimate is and start a beam clash?

Part 1: If you and your opponent attack at the same time, it'll start a clash. No further input is necessary: You'll both lose a small amount of health, and gain a little ki.

Part 2: It won't start a clash, but if you have a similar beam attack as the opponent, the beams can cancel each other out.

• Locked thread