Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

This might be the first time in D'Onofrio's career that he's underweight for a role.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

The MSJ posted:

Gamma/super soldier serum enhanced French Bulldogs.

Kingpin pictures.

That's not The Kingpin? That's Wilson Fisk, a simple spice merchant.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

The MSJ posted:

Kingpin pictures.

Holy poo poo he looks spot on.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Kingpin's freakish strength isn't the result of any kind of meta ability right?

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

zoux posted:

Nope. He's just gonna wreck ya.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

zoux posted:

The only explanation we've gotten is "Approximately 2% of my body weight is fat."

Dude is just really big.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE

Lurdiak posted:

The only explanation we've gotten is "Approximately 2% of my body weight is fat."

Dude is just really big.

If he ever says something to that effect of his body being pure muscle, I will forgive all the flaws this show might have.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

The MSJ posted:

Gamma enhanced French Bulldogs.

I knew the Ang Lee Hulk was at least partially canon.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

The MSJ posted:

Kingpin pictures.

He's no Michael Clarke Duncan, but that second picture is so perfect.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
It's literally early Fisk.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

The MSJ posted:

Kingpin pictures.

Pvt Pyle is back!

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

He's actually just a Bendis cosplayer.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Was watching the director's cut of the DD film the other day. It was tolerable but one thing that really irked me in that movie is how everyone seems to have super agility/strength. Like how Murdock dives off a building and falls easily 30 stories before landing on a window cleaning catwalk no problem. Also parts where he and Bullseye are just jedi jumping their way up a giant organ like going blind gave him the ability to not break his god drat legs.

Is that at all close to the comics? I admit I never really read them so I'm not sure if he really could do that, I just thought his power was the sonar sense thing from being blind.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Like almost every karate super hero gets super parkour whether a jump would be physically possible or not.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Kingtheninja posted:

Was watching the director's cut of the DD film the other day. It was tolerable but one thing that really irked me in that movie is how everyone seems to have super agility/strength. Like how Murdock dives off a building and falls easily 30 stories before landing on a window cleaning catwalk no problem. Also parts where he and Bullseye are just jedi jumping their way up a giant organ like going blind gave him the ability to not break his god drat legs.

Is that at all close to the comics? I admit I never really read them so I'm not sure if he really could do that, I just thought his power was the sonar sense thing from being blind.

How can you talk about that and not mention the totally stupid playground scene?

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Stupid as that was, I was more annoyed by watching this guy leap 50 feet like it was nothing.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Can we just not talk about that movie anymore? I'd rather not have to think about that.

Dr. MonkeyThunder
Sep 21, 2005

All is, if i have grace to use it so...

Lurdiak posted:

Dude is just really big.

I remember him saying that but I think it was in one of the 90s Fox cartoons. I wouldn't hold to that because it's ridiculous. At 2% body fat you would have that thin skinned, can see every sinew look(and possibly be dead, that is not healthy, your body would be eating your organs). Assuming he weighed 500lbs, he would only have 10lbs of body fat. If you are two hundred pounds with a very fit 10% body fat, you would have 20. I couldn't find a picture of someone that even claims to have 2% BF, 4% seems to be about as low as you can go. For reference, this is what 4% body fat looks like:

(Double Kingpin's body fat?)

I think it would be generous to guess he had 25% that's just very unfortunately proportioned to his face and gut. That said the only height I could find for him was 6'7", and at that kinda height and build 450-500lbs isn't off the table. 150lbs of bone and organs, 112.5-125lbs of fat later he'd still have 187.5-225lbs of just muscle. That's definitely enough for some borderline superhuman feats of strength. Hafþór Júlíus Björnsson is two inches taller than Fisk, and roughly 12% body fat. So 400lbs -160lbs organs and skeliton -48lbs fat = 192lbs of muscle. Do to being shorter therefore having better leverage, and similar to higher muscle mass, Kingpin might just reasonably be slightly stronger than world record holder Hafþór Júlíus Björnsson.

Yes, that is a 1410.96lb log and yes he did lift and walk with it.

Dr. MonkeyThunder fucked around with this message at 06:27 on Mar 3, 2015

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

You're right, this comic book character isn't scientifically accurate at all.

Dr. MonkeyThunder
Sep 21, 2005

All is, if i have grace to use it so...

Lurdiak posted:

You're right, this comic book character isn't scientifically accurate at all.

Except, if you eliminate a throw away line from an early 90s cartoon it works. I had fun writing that, and validating Kingpin's level of borderline super strength, don't be a poo poo about it without a good reason.

Dr. MonkeyThunder fucked around with this message at 06:37 on Mar 3, 2015

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Sorry.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It'll be interesting to see where they go with the final Daredevil outfit because in the MCU the only person who wears a distinct costume is Cap.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Well the iron man suit is pretty distinct.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Daredevil is going to be the first hero in the MCU with a secret identity, isn't he?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

He's going to be the first vigilante hero, at least.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
https://twitter.com/ChloeBennet4/status/572787751835213824?s=09

First all nude musical episode of Agents of Shield tonight

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

muscles like this? posted:

He's going to be the first vigilante hero, at least.

I don't think Iron Man's actions in the first film were sanctioned by any law enforcement agency.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Iron Man is more an entire self motivated PMC than a vigilante. The guy takes on nations.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

Lurdiak posted:

I don't think Iron Man's actions in the first film were sanctioned by any law enforcement agency.

Pretty much true but to be fair he was outed very, very quickly and also:

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

Iron Man is more an entire self motivated PMC than a vigilante. The guy takes on nations.

So he wasn't really a vigilante in the sense that is typically thought. Also, wasn't his only real act of vigilantism basically attacking those warlords overseas? His fight with Stane was kind of an emergency "I am the only one that can stop his suit" type of thing. Daredevil is actually going to be fighting crime, by comparison.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

I think when you act as a vigilante in another nation it's called "terrorism". :obama:

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Don't be an idiot McSpanky, white people can't be terrorists.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Lurdiak posted:

Don't be an idiot McSpanky, white people can't be terrorists.

Tell that to England.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

McSpanky posted:

I think when you act as a vigilante in another nation it's called "terrorism". :obama:

He was a liberator! It was a shame that red white and blue armor didn't happen until two movies later!

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

AOS first episode of the year was pretty drat good. They're really going to make the Inhumans (no, not the royal family) part of this show but I don't know enough about most of them to know if they're actually based on comic characters or if they're original creations.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

notthegoatseguy posted:

AOS first episode of the year was pretty drat good. They're really going to make the Inhumans (no, not the royal family) part of this show but I don't know enough about most of them to know if they're actually based on comic characters or if they're original creations.

The eyeless guy (Reader) and Raina's new form are in the current Inhuman series. So basically they were created for the show and I guess Charles Soule was asked to incorporate them into his series.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
Reader isn't eyeless, he had his eyes ripped out. His power is he can make anything he reads real. They thought he was too powerful, so out came the eyes [Of course his power isn't anything he sees, it's anything he reads, so now he just uses braille]. This guy is something else.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yeah he's Nightcrawler but with no eyes or something.

Which I guess helps you get over that "if I can't see it I can't teleport there" hang-up real fast.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I'm not sure which Soule creation you think Raina is either. She's not really like any of the new one, or at least any of the prominent ones that I can think of. I thought before this episode she might be Naja but probably not now.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Deadpool posted:

I'm not sure which Soule creation you think Raina is either. She's not really like any of the new one, or at least any of the prominent ones that I can think of. I thought before this episode she might be Naja but probably not now.

Yeah, I was probably wrong about that. She just looked a lot like that weird girl in the comic who bragged about eating a mouse.

I could have sworn Soule confirmed on Twitter that the dude on Shield is Reader though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Gavok posted:

Yeah, I was probably wrong about that. She just looked a lot like that weird girl in the comic who bragged about eating a mouse.

I could have sworn Soule confirmed on Twitter that the dude on Shield is Reader though.

I mean he could still be Reader with a completely different powerset and different origin, but that begs the question of why would they tell him to include the character and then make him completely different except for the blind thing?