Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Worklurker
Jan 2, 2014

projecthalaxy posted:

How does the recruiting patrollers thing work anyway? I'm in offline mode, I walk up to a patroller, I hit A and nothing happens. I can't target them or anything. The in-game tutorial just says talk to them.

Try hitting Y while targeting them, that will show their stats. Not sure about recruiting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

Darko posted:

I can't even do that, though. Even searching for matches has timed out the last two days.

Have you tried playing on PS4? :v:

Seriously though, don't buy Japanese games on PC. It never works out well.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

projecthalaxy posted:

How does the recruiting patrollers thing work anyway? I'm in offline mode, I walk up to a patroller, I hit A and nothing happens. I can't target them or anything. The in-game tutorial just says talk to them.

I think you press select / back? You get to see their stats, and then it'll say "Hire this person for 0z" or "Hire this person for 3000z"

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Mechafunkzilla posted:

Have you tried playing on PS4? :v:

Seriously though, don't buy Japanese games on PC. It never works out well.

See the edit. Even that has been timing out for me last night/today (PS4) :(

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

Darko posted:

See the edit. Even that has been timing out for me last night/today (PS4) :(

Well I've done the quest so I can try to host for you if you'd like. I need to farm it for the Videl soul anyway. PSN ID is Tautologist908

Anyone else on PS4, feel free to send a friend invite!

Prophecy120
Feb 4, 2003

God Bless the Enclave! God Bless America!
Are Super Vegeta 1/2 race locked at all?

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

Prophecy120 posted:

Saiyan only. It's the exact same thing as Super Saiyan, but with the damage bonus going to Ki Blast instead of Strike. And with a slightly different animation when you activate.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Prophecy120 posted:

"Super Vegeta" should really be called "Super Saiyan - Kai Flavor"

It is SSJ1 and you can't use it if not Saiyan.

Have fun with Kaioken x20, you non-saiyans :goku: Saiyan master race.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

Darko posted:

Why don't you? There's no way to recruit computer NPCs that I can figure out.

the game is peer to peer

if someone is on off line mode other people can still join them via steam friends, steam group, or steam invites

EDIT: oh you are ps4, no idea about that, pc master race

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?

projecthalaxy posted:

go to team register building. you can recruit the randomly made NPCs there

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

grinding poo poo in single player with my low level characters is frustrating, i would like to play online

http://steamcommunity.com/id/constablelemon/

invite me to the group, or invite me to join games or whatever

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Mechafunkzilla posted:

Well I've done the quest so I can try to host for you if you'd like. I need to farm it for the Videl soul anyway. PSN ID is Tautologist908

Anyone else on PS4, feel free to send a friend invite!

Thanks; I'll add you in a bit; have to run an errand. I'm arrogancygames on ps4.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Twibbit posted:

go to team register building. you can recruit the randomly made NPCs there

Aha. I'll try this later, thanks.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Just a few thoughts- to preface, I loving love this game, but a few items needed a little bit of polish or further explanation.

- What the gently caress do the little arrows on gear represent? 1 point? 2 points? 10 points? I have no idea. If it's ever explained, I missed it.

- On the gear side, why do Namekians/Frieza/Buu people get dedicated customizable gear and nobody else? I may be missing it, but I don't think there's any customizable Ki Super gear. Even the Time Patroller stuff you get is Strike Supers. Ki Supers get the shaft on a lot of stuff.. but then again, I don't know what arrows mean, so does it even matter? Oh well, back to my boring color-locked Goku GT Gi.. :(

- If I Z-rank a PQ on my first try, I should get something for it. Z-rank should be the unlock for certain items or skills. Leave some crap to the RNG Gods, but give out some kind of reward for Z-rank!

- Hit detection and avoidance should work either work differently for the player, or work the same for you as it does your computer opponents. I can't even count the number of times the glare of a Final Flash hasn't even faded away and I've got 3 Saiyans standing in the middle of it all punching me in the head. Also, I loving hate that group fights are generally reduced to me stunlocked in a corner made of invisible walls getting gang-banged by Kamehamehas with zero options for escape.

- Why the hell are Battle Items locked to your ACCOUNT and not your CHARACTER? My level 65 dude and my level 12 dude aren't going to be taking the same poo poo into a fight. It's tedious to switch it out every time I feel like playing somebody different. Hell, even locking it to a Preset would be a good change.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

As it turns out, masters are tied to account too, and not to characters, which sucks.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

mabels big day posted:

As it turns out, masters are tied to account too, and not to characters, which sucks.

Its not a big deal since you get to share skills earned across characters, it just means you can only really work at one at a time is all.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

mabels big day posted:

Lol if you don't have Krillin popping out of you like a lovely Stand when you do your ultra

Dackel
Sep 11, 2014

Zaphod42 posted:

Its not a big deal since you get to share skills earned across characters, it just means you can only really work at one at a time is all.

it isn't an issue unless you want to switch them

the more mentors you have, the harder it gets (because the game only spawns 1 mentor at a time.... whyyyyy)

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

MoreMetalBrian posted:

I think PQ6 is one of the ones where you have to protect Nappa, or make sure he stays alive. So it's probably the one-off Mission from him.

So I have to find it as a quest from Nappa in Toki Toki City? I'm surprised that I haven't seen him yet since its such an early PQ and I'm finished with the story.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Broseph Brostar posted:

So I have to find it as a quest from Nappa in Toki Toki City? I'm surprised that I haven't seen him yet since its such an early PQ and I'm finished with the story.

For me he was right across the plaza from the Battle Reception hut, closer to the time machine parking lot. I don't know if that's randomized.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

deadly_pudding posted:

Lol if you don't have Krillin popping out of you like a lovely Stand when you do your ultra

「Already Dead」

Also, x100 Big Bang Kamehameha is a total garbage move. The damage isn't much better, if at all, than other ultimates but there's a period before the move fires where people can move out of the way of your beam meaning you'll rarely hit.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

projecthalaxy posted:

For me he was right across the plaza from the Battle Reception hut, closer to the time machine parking lot. I don't know if that's randomized.

Yeah for me Nappa showed up across from where you sign up to do Versus mode.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Dackel posted:

it isn't an issue unless you want to switch them

the more mentors you have, the harder it gets (because the game only spawns 1 mentor at a time.... whyyyyy)

My special beam cannon can almost one hit ko my friend who's been playing the game along with me when piccolo's my mentor. I'm not sure I ever want to switch.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Aurain posted:

「Already Dead」

Also, x100 Big Bang Kamehameha is a total garbage move. The damage isn't much better, if at all, than other ultimates but there's a period before the move fires where people can move out of the way of your beam meaning you'll rarely hit.

It's a good PvE move

This came out okay I think

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Nevermind. Found it.

Firstborn fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Mar 2, 2015

Prophecy120
Feb 4, 2003

God Bless the Enclave! God Bless America!
Apologies for all the stupid newbie questions today, I'm stuck at work with nothing better to do but come up with different Xenoverse builds for my male human.

Some guys on Gamefaqs/Reddit did some number crunching and came up with the figure that Kaioken x3 increases blast damage by about 15%. Kaioken x20 does the same thing but allows for the unlimited use of vanish and evasion which is huge for a Ki-blast based character. "It's like a Super Saiyan bargain sale..." Z-Soul says it increases transformation time and add stamina regen. Has anyone tested to see if this Zsoul works with Kaioken to extend the duration?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

ZenVulgarity posted:

It's a good PvE move

PVE is what I was referring to, it's vastly inferior to anything that'll instantly lock someone infront of you for some damage, even if it's slightly less.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
If anyone is having trouble with something the answer is probably gain levels. Tough boss like Broly? Grind out more levels. Having trouble keeping someone alive? Grind more levels. Getting destroyed by finisher spam? Grind more levels and put the points into stamina.

I'm level 63~ or so and pretty much everything is WAY easier. At level 40 I saw some people had already beat the game while I was stuck in between Buu and Cell PQs. I gained some levels played around with skills to see what I could get to work in easier missions then moved on with the story and from level 49 or so rolled the story, and the post story Time Crystal missions no problem.

Unlocking PQ52 is amazing for leveling new characters, it's so nice. Made a Lady Buu and ran it 3 times in 5 minutes to get her to level 24 so I could play around with strikes. Fantastic.

This game rules, it's probably one of the few games I'll invest the time into really unlocking a lot of the content because it's extremely fun playing around with new movesets.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
I need to post my OC tonight :negative:

Unrelated: Do the wigs turn blonde when you go Super Saiyan? The girlfriend is eyeballing the Hercule wig to make a blaxploitation karate man.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

deadly_pudding posted:

I need to post my OC tonight :negative:

Unrelated: Do the wigs turn blonde when you go Super Saiyan? The girlfriend is eyeballing the Hercule wig to make a blaxploitation karate man.

They do! It's pretty cool.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

I can't seem to get the Ultimate Finish for PQ6 to trigger at all, the guide says I just have to keep Nappa alive but after around 6 tries I still only get the regular finish.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Sharkopath posted:

I can't seem to get the Ultimate Finish for PQ6 to trigger at all, the guide says I just have to keep Nappa alive but after around 6 tries I still only get the regular finish.

I think you may have to keep Nappa alive and above 50% health. Also you still gotta deal with the RNG.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
playing a human strike character owns

I was able to ultimate cheese the Beerus / Whis fight with Trunks over 50% health and no healing items used with no real effort

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

havenwaters posted:

I think you may have to keep Nappa alive and above 50% health. Also you still gotta deal with the RNG.

Ah, it must be the rng then, cause I kill everything so fast that Nappa's health is never in question.

Oh well, had to grind that mission for the mentor vegeta soul too so I'm used to it.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Aurain posted:

「Already Dead」

Wrong anime.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Mechafunkzilla posted:

They do! It's pretty cool.

The Hercule wig at least, does not.

Zagrod
Jun 26, 2005

fiyah fiyah fiyah
Clapping Larry

projecthalaxy posted:

You need to go to Team Registration first and start a team. Then you can walk up to patrollers and hit Y [i think] to open their stats and you can recruit them from there.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

Evil Eagle posted:

The Hercule wig at least, does not.

Bummer. The hair on the Fortuneteller Hat definitely turns blonde.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

Eonwe posted:

playing a human strike character owns

I was able to ultimate cheese the Beerus / Whis fight with Trunks over 50% health and no healing items used with no real effort

human moves are really good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Are there trios of goons out rolling pubbie teams yet? I want to be a part of this.

• Locked thread