Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

srb
Jul 24, 2007

quote:

- SerB: “Waffenträger auf E-100 is for retards. It will be removed.”

Maybe they shouldn't have added the 0.28 StuG aimtime snapshot Jesus it was when it was released.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe

YF19pilot posted:

I wonder how pissed people will get if I start playing the Chinese line, slap the ROC/Taiwan flag on everything, and spam messages glorifying Chiang Kai-shek. I know there's wheraboos, but are there Mao apologists in WoT?
Makes me wonder if there's actually people out there who believe Chiang "I am losing 60% of my american gear to the commies" Kai-shek wasn't the second worst military leader only beaten by Douglas "the Japanese would never bomb my airfield" MacArthur.

Maybe there's MacArthur fanboys who could be trolled as well.

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

srb posted:

Maybe they shouldn't have added the 0.28 StuG aimtime snapshot Jesus it was when it was released.

I stopped played this tank for ages as I simply didn't find it fun, but I brought it out, along with the 183 b, for the missions and oh my word, it's one of the greatest troll tanks going if you give no fucks about doing anything other than clipping things.

The 183 b insta-blapping stuff also never gets old , people seriously get OUTRAGED when they get one shot or clipped.

Special mention also needs to go to the 216 and the CGC, coupled with the side view arty mod for also causing mass rage. I actually managed to put a AP shell through a window twice with the 216, into the front of a Centurion. The guy nearly had a meltdown. Also capping stuff. "NO CAP KILL ALL". Yeah, no, sunshine, I need my cap fast mission.

Missions are the best trolls and have made this game so much more fun for me.*

*Does not include retarded Light and Medium missions.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram

Tahirovic posted:

Makes me wonder if there's actually people out there who believe Chiang "I am losing 60% of my american gear to the commies" Kai-shek wasn't the second worst military leader only beaten by Douglas "the Japanese would never bomb my airfield" MacArthur.

I've always loved Chiang's contemporary nickname, "Cash my Check." He was one corrupt guy, but nothing could beat Doug McArthur in the ego department.

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

Tahirovic posted:

I'd probably put him there, and put Mao at third worst. The Communists and Nationalists had a pact not to backstab each other while fighting the Japanese. One adhered to it, the other used it as a great opportunity to spread propaganda and inflate their successes. One fought the Japanese hard and was weakened for it, the other not so much. There's a school of thought that the Communists fumbled into power despite their best efforts. Apparently the Nationalists fumbled more.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Bored at work decided to compare my stats against my clanmates (I am almost dead center of the skill curve) when I noticed Coylter has joined.

Congrats on joining one of the strangest clans on the server! We will be sure to dazzle you with out frantic multiple player battle calling, titty gifs and air horns.

Also, the CDC is coming up as the T57 arty on wotlabs and ??? on noobmeter.

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

A janitor cleans the bathroom

Muldoon
Heh, check this out: http://wotreplays.eu/site/1672868

shooting gallery

Rothmog
Jul 26, 2011

Mesadoram posted:

Bored at work decided to compare my stats against my clanmates

I am also bored at work and compared my stats to you. I am now sad, but you do have 10k games on me.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

*Plays 50 games, every stat goes up, win rate goes down welcome back to wot*

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Rothmog posted:

I am also bored at work and compared my stats to you. I am now sad, but you do have 10k games on me.

Don't be sad :yaycloud:

You are probably not cynical and jaded about this game yet (like me).

Edit: You have good stats. Don't be sad lol

BadLlama posted:

*Plays 50 games, every stat goes up, win rate goes down welcome back to wot*

Stats going up is more important that winrate IMO.

Mesadoram fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Mar 2, 2015

Rothmog
Jul 26, 2011

Mesadoram posted:

You have good stats. Don't be sad lol

I consider myself an average to slightly above average (depending on the tank). I just want to get to the point where I am able to get into some of the clans for the reward tanks, but would like to be with other goons.

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

A janitor cleans the bathroom

Muldoon

Atal Vataman posted:

Heh, check this out: http://wotreplays.eu/site/1672868

shooting gallery

loving finally

http://wotreplays.eu/site/1673059

3rd mark secured. but that took the craziest row of games ive had in a while to finally tip me over 95%

Yesterday:

+ so far today:

only played the cdc. going to conclude that its p good

Adidas brand CDC best CDC:

Truck Stop Daddy fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Mar 2, 2015

Vorkosigan
Mar 28, 2012

Mesadoram posted:

frantic multiple player battle calling, titty gifs and air horns.

I'm responsible for the titty gifs, Guppitus the disgusting ones.

The battle calling yesterday made me mute the TS and go read a book.

Soulfucker
Feb 15, 2012

i,m going to kill myself on friday #wow #whoa
Fun Shoe

Mesadoram posted:

Congrats on joining one of the strangest clans on the server! We will be sure to dazzle you with out frantic multiple player battle calling, titty gifs and air horns.

Sounds just like [2PAC], except for the calling part.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram

Mesadoram posted:

That makes me feel better. My WN8 has been going up steadily, but my win rate was tanking yesterday. Not when platooning with goons though. :yaycloud:

Rothmog posted:

I consider myself an average to slightly above average (depending on the tank). I just want to get to the point where I am able to get into some of the clans for the reward tanks, but would like to be with other goons.

68% win rate in the T-34-85, one of my favorite tanks, is better than "slightly above average".

VVVVVedit: I'm a loving retard. I was looking at my own number of games in that tank. :downsrim: Still ~60% in the IS-6 and T29 is nothing to sneeze at.

Moral_Hazard fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Mar 2, 2015

Rothmog
Jul 26, 2011

MoraleHazard posted:

68% win rate in the T-34-85, one of my favorite tanks is better than "slightly above average".

59% in the T-34-85 (49 games) the sample size is too small. I played the tank until I unlocked the T-43 then sold it.

100% in the Excelsior (9 games) just used as a reference to show how a small sample size can screw up stats.

You should really only start to paying attention to individual tank win rates after 100 games in the tank.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

MoraleHazard posted:

That makes me feel better. My WN8 has been going up steadily, but my win rate was tanking yesterday. Not when platooning with goons though. :yaycloud:

Glad to help. Win rate is important, but having good stats means you are doing your part on a team (which is more important and shows that you are getting better at the game).

Vorkosigan posted:

I'm responsible for the titty gifs, Guppitus the disgusting ones.

The battle calling yesterday made me mute the TS and go read a book.

Ah that poo poo was magical. Sadly I played like a retard in CW because A) I am not Masa B) I am bad at arty C) I was confused with Masa

Rothmog posted:

I want to play in a goon clan too, but sadly Chair died and with that the horn of Goondor was shattered. If you look at the clans I were in it goes like this: Burn Eden (friends clan made of mostly EVE players, had Luci (one of the founders of OTTER) and Sov13t (really awesome player who showed me the ropes) in it. Go figure.), SDP (because Chair wanted me to "improve their battle skills"), NDP (SDP was being run by Brazilians, Chair died, Casca and Anderson were desperate for decent players so I was merged into NDP), CRABS (:snoop:MACDIESELBESTPLAYER/CALLER/LOVEMAKER_NA:snoop:) and finally OTTER (Primelaw, one of the best battle buddies).

You can always platoon with goons while being in other clans. That is what the goon channel is for. There is no shame in joining a different clan.

Mesadoram fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Mar 2, 2015

Animal
Apr 8, 2003

Today I saw the most disgusting display of pubbie cowardice I have seen yet.

The game is down to a T95, Obj263, and Maus on my team, all with more than 50% health, while the enemy team only had an IS7 with less than 400hp, a one-shottable T32 and IS6 (remnant of a fail platoon.)

My pubbies decided to hide from these three tanks and let the game draw while hurling insults on chat to everyone who kept calling them cowards.

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

Mesadoram posted:

I want to play in a goon clan too, but sadly Chair died and with that the horn of Goondor was shattered.
I just looked at Chair's post history and he posts a lot about DOTA and sometimes hockey. RIP Chair

Animal posted:

Today I saw the most disgusting display of pubbie cowardice I have seen yet.

The game is down to a T95, Obj263, and Maus on my team, all with more than 50% health, while the enemy team only had an IS7 with less than 400hp, a one-shottable T32 and IS6 (remnant of a fail platoon.)

My pubbies decided to hide from these three tanks and let the game draw while hurling insults on chat to everyone who kept calling them cowards.
I've seen a top tier tank sit motionless and respond, "I only have 7 hp," when asked why he wasn't doing anything to help. Once I pointed out to him that his gun still worked, he started moving toward the enemy again. Pubbies are very stupid.

primelaw
Apr 4, 2012

The most southern dandy robot judge

Mesadoram posted:

Primelaw, one of the best battle buddies.

:unsmith:

I might return soon, I rejoined NDP just so I can get used to the game again when I get a chance. Random already pmed me about rejoining for clan wars.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Uranium 235 posted:

I just looked at Chair's post history and he posts a lot about DOTA and sometimes hockey. RIP Chair

drat Canadians took Chair away from us :arghfist:!

primelaw posted:

I might return soon, I rejoined NDP just so I can get used to the game again when I get a chance. Random already pmed me about rejoining for clan wars.

I believe Random has been given the honor of recruiting, so if he wants you in there I would jump on that. We are going to go into farm status soon, so quicker the better :smug:.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Mesadoram posted:

lol

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Tahirovic posted:

You would have a much easier time trolling about MacArthur, Churchill or Patton than you would about any chinese/japanese/korean leader. Most people in Europe/North America don't know jack poo poo about other cultures, so it'd be irrelevent. You can always try one of these lines instead:

If Churchill hadn't been such a drunk, Hitler's armies would never have made it out of Germany.
Patton was a coward and its why he liked commanding tanks. A few ton of heavy steel around him is the only way he ever felt safe.
Or my Favorite: The only thing MacArthur ever said that made sense, was that he should nuke China.

kemikalkadet
Sep 16, 2012

:woof:
Did anyone else get into the WoT Generals beta? Just checked my emails and I got an invite today. Looks pretty bad but idk i've never played card games before.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

primelaw posted:

No wonder the pubbies have been so bad lately. You aren't around to be a good example.

(Don't come back it is really bad)

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug

kemikalkadet posted:

Did anyone else get into the WoT Generals beta? Just checked my emails and I got an invite today. Looks pretty bad but idk i've never played card games before.

I got in, logged in, closed the window and promptly forgot about it.

Matt18001
Feb 28, 2015

kemikalkadet posted:

Yes, I started playing today, it seems ok. I played through the short tutorial which consists of a training battle explaining the card types, a battle against the AI, and then 2 PVP battles. It then grants you access to upgrades, reasearch, deck modifications, ect. Not really a traditional CCG, there is a research tree similar to World of Tanks you reaserch and then purchase cards to put in your deck. The gameplay itself plays more like a turn based strategy game than any card games I have played. So far the only payed elements are premium cards that do not seem overpowered, and premium accounts.

I'd say it's worth playing a few matches to see if you like it.

DonkeyHotay
Jun 6, 2005

Neither of them *matter* obv but win rate is a really, really lovely metric outside the obvious '47% = bad player '

It's been argued to death but the two months I ran that parser that tracks solo vs platooned w/r I was at something like 61% vs 77%. If I enough to platoon every single game my win rate would be way higher but I wouldn't magically be a better player.

Of course it isn't like there's any reasonable demarcations of skill in this lovely game anyway beyond ' isn't complete fuckup'

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

DonkeyHotay posted:

Neither of them *matter* obv but win rate is a really, really lovely metric outside the obvious '47% = bad player '

It's been argued to death but the two months I ran that parser that tracks solo vs platooned w/r I was at something like 61% vs 77%. If I enough to platoon every single game my win rate would be way higher but I wouldn't magically be a better player.

Of course it isn't like there's any reasonable demarcations of skill in this lovely game anyway beyond ' isn't complete fuckup'

The object of the game is to win. In the end, it's the only stat that really matters. Especially in light of lovely WN incarnations which have subjective goals and parameters and probably hidden agendas in the Wotlab circle jerk culture.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

WN8 is garbage. I was averaging over 3000 WN8 in the MT-25 using the comedy machine gun and suicide scouting for missions. Needing to deal like 700 damage to go over 3k WN8 is laughable.

God drat though that comedy machine gun is fun as hell. BAPBAPBAP.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

Hellsau posted:

WN8 is garbage. I was averaging over 3000 WN8 in the MT-25 using the comedy machine gun and suicide scouting for missions. Needing to deal like 700 damage to go over 3k WN8 is laughable.

True skill is an obsessive knowledge of which tanks you don't have to do much in and a willingness to grind them obsessively to make a number bigger. Only scrubs think skill is just playing well and winning.

Slim Jim Pickens
Jan 16, 2012

Hellsau posted:

Covenanter games where you do like 600 damage give you 2500 WN8

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

Slim Jim Pickens posted:

drat. Click three times.

srb
Jul 24, 2007

Slim Jim Pickens posted:

I almost feel dirty when playing the 13 90. Hit five out of six for damage, two low roll killshots, walk away with 2500 wn8. Then again, I guess it's that way because a lot of players can't manage even a single shot and just run into the nearest JPE.

Overwined
Sep 22, 2008

Wine can of their wits the wise beguile,
Make the sage frolic, and the serious smile.
Even with 2500ish damage in the T-54 you can get to 2k+WN8. This is less an indictment of WN8 and more a plainfaced indication of the sorry state of pubbie talent these days.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Overwined posted:

Even with 2500ish damage in the T-54 you can get to 2k+WN8. This is less an indictment of WN8 and more a plainfaced indication of the sorry state of pubbie talent these days.

Yet if you play artillery at all you get hosed. Even your 4000 damage games give you barely adequate WN8, and any blowout games one way or the other and you don't get to take advantage of it.

We need to go back to WN7.

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT MY RADLEY-WALTERS' MEDAL

Is that medal for being the most intolerable poster in a thread about Warhammer 40.000 novels? Because if it is, you sure blew the competition out of the water, son.

Uranium 235 posted:

New troll: "texas is the worst state"

It's been effective so far.

Didn't work on me :colbert:

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT MY RADLEY-WALTERS' MEDAL

Is that medal for being the most intolerable poster in a thread about Warhammer 40.000 novels? Because if it is, you sure blew the competition out of the water, son.

Hellsau posted:

Yet if you play artillery at all you get hosed. Even your 4000 damage games give you barely adequate WN8, and any blowout games one way or the other and you don't get to take advantage of it.

We need to go back to WN7.

2600 in a M55 still gets you purple WN8. 2300 in a Lorraine 155 51 still gets you purple. Stay away from tier X if you care about your WN8.

The Southern Dandy fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Mar 3, 2015

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug
My WN8 has taken a nose dive recently since the only battles I play for stats anymore are Clan Wars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Ensign Expendable posted:

My WN8 has taken a nose dive recently since the only battles I play for stats anymore are Clan Wars.

What the gently caress kind of clan are you in where everyone isn't there just to pad their average damage? Weird.