Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Modern Sky
Aug 7, 2009

We don't exist in real life, but we're working hard in your delusions!
Sooo, I'm afraid to log in on PS4 and see what relay we lost this time. We already lost Vesper yesterday :911:

And I really hate and yet love being two months behind pc. You guys are getting more and more cool poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlocksOfMice
Feb 3, 2009
Is the loot table for Sabatoge 3 broken? That was like, 7 runs and nothing but sicarus prime blueprints. Literally nothing but sicarus prime blueprints. I could make a gun that shoots sicarus prime blueprints.

wid
Sep 7, 2005
Living in paradise (only bombed once)
So I tried the Alert using a Banshee. It was not a smooth ride. While the enemies were somewhat helpless and just dancing around, the ones still on the capture points still needed to be killed, and once killed more comes around, some outside of Soundquake range, and shot up my mates. Also, with max efficiency, I could only hold Soundquake until we got upper 70-lower 80s completion before I needed to pop a restore or two. Ran the 8 rounds one like this, it was boring and has a good chance of failing if I died without energy.

Then we tried the Escalation one, this time I used Hydroid and the wife used Vauban. We got a Disarm Loki on board and we're set. Ran up to A (after filling up energy) and set up puddle by the stairs to the ramp. Loki disarmed the enemies and led them to the puddle. Any enemy hesitant entering the puddle got dragged by force using Vortex from Vauban. Once all the enemies are in the puddle, everyone else went and cap and go watch Youtube until we reach 100%, then put up Vortex and Bastille on top of the puddle and I released my prisoners and we chopped them up. Note that since we're stuck at Conclave 400 and the enemies are over level 100, I couldn't kill even a single Elite Lancer without running out of stamina. Only when they Vortex-ed we can damage them since they got ragdolled so they lost armor and got Finisher Damaged. So I consider Hydroid+Vauban+Disarm Loki to be simplest combo for the Alert. The fourth can be whatever, maybe another Disarm Loki. Irradiate Disarm is unneeded since you need the enemies to chase you to the puddle instead of fighting each other. Like in one of the rounds we missed this single Grineer and we couldn't kill him solo, anyone going at him got killed so he went and cap all the other towers until he fell in the puddle.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

wid posted:

So I tried the Alert using a Banshee. It was not a smooth ride. While the enemies were somewhat helpless and just dancing around, the ones still on the capture points still needed to be killed, and once killed more comes around, some outside of Soundquake range, and shot up my mates. Also, with max efficiency, I could only hold Soundquake until we got upper 70-lower 80s completion before I needed to pop a restore or two. Ran the 8 rounds one like this, it was boring and has a good chance of failing if I died without energy.

Then we tried the Escalation one, this time I used Hydroid and the wife used Vauban. We got a Disarm Loki on board and we're set. Ran up to A (after filling up energy) and set up puddle by the stairs to the ramp. Loki disarmed the enemies and led them to the puddle. Any enemy hesitant entering the puddle got dragged by force using Vortex from Vauban. Once all the enemies are in the puddle, everyone else went and cap and go watch Youtube until we reach 100%, then put up Vortex and Bastille on top of the puddle and I released my prisoners and we chopped them up. Note that since we're stuck at Conclave 400 and the enemies are over level 100, I couldn't kill even a single Elite Lancer without running out of stamina. Only when they Vortex-ed we can damage them since they got ragdolled so they lost armor and got Finisher Damaged. So I consider Hydroid+Vauban+Disarm Loki to be simplest combo for the Alert. The fourth can be whatever, maybe another Disarm Loki. Irradiate Disarm is unneeded since you need the enemies to chase you to the puddle instead of fighting each other. Like in one of the rounds we missed this single Grineer and we couldn't kill him solo, anyone going at him got killed so he went and cap all the other towers until he fell in the puddle.
I did it with trinity+loki+banshee+deadweight from recruiting channel. The trinity was mr6, loki mr8, deadweight mr15. I played banshee and it was pretty boring. Press 4 then go afk for 3 minutes or something. We had 3 deaths in however many rounds, 1 was the trinity trying to rambo things that weren't disarmed and were at one of the only spawns not covered by sound quake, the other 2 were from the loki trying to melee things he didn't disarm.

Loki has a radial disarm build and disarms everything, banshee uses sound quake to keep everything stunned, trinity is the killer and can evamp spam too. Our loki also did some killing in invis.

Banshee is the easiest way because your loki/whatever can be completely incompetent and you can single handedly ensure no point ever gets recaptured and that your group doesn't get wiped. With disarmed enemies you can ensure no one ever takes any damage from a disarmed enemy. It's really hard to screw up pressing 4 in a central location (near d, forward a bit so you are against the boiler thing and enemies can never shoot you) and then waiting for literal minutes.

Quake should never be down for more than a split second. Deactivate quake, pop a restore (our trin had an awful build but got the hang of the instant kill pretty quickly so we used him to clear points), then activate quake after it ticks. Deactivate quake again right before the restore ticks. If you do it right the enemies never get a chance to attack so there's no real drawback like you are describing. I was popping a restore at 200 energy (out of around 600).

You don't need hydroid if you bring vauban. Vortex does the same thing as puddle. The reason loki+banshee is easy is because it's really hard to screw up. With a vortex or puddle strategy you're adding complications by requiring positioning or whatever, banshee's ult is like a gigantic puddle/vortex.

For not escalation just use an excal/saryn/mesa and mash 4. No need to cc or do anything else.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Mar 1, 2015

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
I'm still saying dual Nyx Limbo Trinity is the way to go since poo poo will kill you the literal second something not stunned gets LOS on you.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

We did it smoothly on Friday with Nova + Banshee + Disarm Loki + Permainvis Loki -- The first three kept everything helpless and vulnerable while I ran in a circle around the perimeter performing the murder act

Brainbread
Apr 7, 2008

We got through very slowly and boringly with Sound Quake Banshee, Disarm Loki, Limbo and an Excal. This event was totally fun and a great peek into what DE thinks if a fun and challenging event and is sure to give us insight into the new directions they are going to take in the year of Quality!

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Brainbread posted:

We got through very slowly and boringly with Sound Quake Banshee, Disarm Loki, Limbo and an Excal. This event was totally fun and a great peek into what DE thinks if a fun and challenging event and is sure to give us insight into the new directions they are going to take in the year of Quality!
Bring an actual killer if you want to do it faster. Trinity is pretty straight forward, but I'm sure there are other things to kill with.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Mar 1, 2015

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Brainbread posted:

Kyte posted:

Frankly I guessed there'd be more considering the number of masochists that seem to play the game.

Personally, I'm not even going to bother attempting it because I like having fun.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

U fukken wot m8.

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011
I got through by spamming BAstille as a vauban, a Disarm Loki, a Trint and a Nyx. This... was stupid.

FunkyFlashman
May 10, 2013
Is it even worth doing invasions? To me they sound like a waste of time.5 runs is just too much and i never got any special rewards beyond the obligatory 25k/orokin cell/whatever.

edit, to clarify i ment the 5 run invasions with corpus/grineer, not the infestation ones with 3 runs. I do the infestation ones all the time for rare planet mats while also getting dojo resources(fieldron etc)

FunkyFlashman fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Mar 1, 2015

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

FunkyFlashman posted:

Is it even worth doing invasions? To me they sound like a waste of time.5 runs is just too much and i never got any special rewards beyond the obligatory 25k/orokin cell/whatever.

It's good for fieldrons etc, also only place you can get coordinates to the salad bar.

Gazaar
Mar 23, 2005

.txt

FunkyFlashman posted:

edit, to clarify i ment the 5 run invasions with corpus/grineer, not the infestation ones with 3 runs. I do the infestation ones all the time for rare planet mats while also getting dojo resources(fieldron etc)

I look at them like any other missions you'd do with a little bonus at the end, and it doesn't take THAT long to complete them either.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

FlocksOfMice posted:

Is the loot table for Sabatoge 3 broken? That was like, 7 runs and nothing but sicarus prime blueprints. Literally nothing but sicarus prime blueprints. I could make a gun that shoots sicarus prime blueprints.

I only did one t3 sab run yesterday and got a Scindo P Blade on the first time. I think it was meant to be more but everyone got what they wanted on the first run. :v:

FunkyFlashman posted:

The Corpus v Grineer invasions are worth doing on the later planets when they give 3 per invasion.

EroticBlacksmith
May 13, 2010

FunkyFlashman posted:

Sometimes they have orokin reactor/catalyst blueprints as rewards. Also if you don't have the detron or brakk yet the only way to get marked for the faction specific invaders is to run them.

Fatherwolf
Aug 2, 2012

What?
I decided to try this space ninja show out. Please to meet you all.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Heya. Hope you picked the good frame!

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Define 'good frame'. Excalibur is the 'beginner frame', plus if you don't pick him at the start then you have to farm for his parts which I am told is a pain in the dick.

EroticBlacksmith
May 13, 2010

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Define 'good frame'. Excalibur is the 'beginner frame', plus if you don't pick him at the start then you have to farm for his parts which I am told is a pain in the dick.

Not a dick, just on pluto.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

I started with Mag and I didn't have too much of a problem.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!

Fatherwolf posted:

I decided to try this space ninja show out. Please to meet you all.
Welcome.

First things first.

Tell us, what is your helicoptersona?

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Ignore these fanatics, Tenno. Coptering is overrated and never required.

Unless it's the Broken Bull. Then it is always required.

Fatherwolf
Aug 2, 2012

What?
I picked Mag, Based on what in the OP. My helicoptersona is Matufino.

Edit: I am still chugging along the tutorial, if anyone has tip to give me on what to do after ward that would be cool.

Fatherwolf fucked around with this message at 05:56 on Mar 2, 2015

Coldbird
Jul 17, 2001

be spiritless
Got my Rift sigil with a pub group. We only used maybe half a dozen energy restores but it still felt really messy. We went with Slowva, Chaos Nyx, Pull Mag, and disarm Loki (me).

For anyone still looking to try:
- Go wild with CC and don't engage the mobs until the end of each round. Any variant of a Nyx/Loki mosh pit should work, but there are some other comedy options. The upside to eternal mosh pit is that it means less adds showing up after the rest are engaged, since they'll still have guns and can one shot you easily and just spamming disarm is kind of energy happy.
- Consider bringing a Mag; mosh pits tend to move around and Pull is an easy way to clear all the enemies off a capture point without fighting them. Bonus: while they're down, if they're slowed enough from a Nova, you can run up and do a melee finisher on them which can do 30-40k with a maxed weapon. Not generally a good idea to kill them within the round though.
- Inviz Loki can crit the mobs for insane damage with a maxed 2h, but only the regular trash; the Eximus and heavies don't take that much more. You want to save your energy for hitting disarm on any sudden repops, and keep inviz for rezzing people or murdering trash in end of round if you have energy to spare.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!

Fatherwolf posted:

Edit: I am still chugging along the tutorial, if anyone has tip to give me on what to do after ward that would be cool.
Well, join clan - application is in the op.

Begin clearing nodes on planets you have available, I believe the tutorial gives you access to Earth and Mercury.

The starter weapons are super bad. Begin considering what sort of weapons you want to go for after you've maxed the starters. Autorifles? Battle rifles? Lasers? Bows? Throwing knives? Autopistols? Handcannons? Shotguns (recommending against these until later)? Explosives (mastery rank limited though, electrical remote charges start at Mastery 3)? Weird poo poo?

Save credits and resources for a Carrier sentinel blueprint, you want to build this one pretty early on.

Look into the quests available to you, they're in your ship's codex.
The Kubrow one wants you to take down the Venus boss, in case they haven't made that clear yet. However, this quest in general involves mashing your face against the RNG and endgame moneysinking, so I wouldn't worry about it just yet unless you REALLY want to have a llamabatdogthing.

Taking down bosses will give you a variety of things:
Nav Segments to unlock further planets. Burn your way to Venus - more on this in a bit.
Good chance of rare resources.
Various blueprints are rewarded at the end of mission.

Mercury: Captain Vor drops weapon blueprints/parts for the Cronus sword and Seer pistol - the sword is bad, the pistol... I guess it's okay early on?
Earth: Councilor Vay Hek drops part blueprints for the Hydroid warframe - pretty low on the list of Warframes to get, and I'm not sure how the fight goes for a new player so don't worry about grinding him.
Mars: Sgt Nef Anyo is probably the easiest boss in the game, and drops part blueprints for Mag, which you already have, so...
Venus: Jackal drops part blueprints for the Rhino warframe. This is why you want to hit Venus. Rhino is our most commonly recommended First Frame To Get. Become Huge. Become Unstoppable.

Once you are in clan...
We can easily taxi you around to locations for event rewards, or take you on a boss tour.
Buy a Dojo key blueprint from the store and build it.
At Mastery 2, you will be allowed to trade. Then we can equip you with basic essential mods, instead of you having to hunt around for them.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.

Fatherwolf posted:

I picked Mag, Based on what in the OP. My helicoptersona is Matufino.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91dW9pUA1BI

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Fish Noise posted:

Look into the quests available to you, they're in your ship's codex.
The Kubrow one wants you to take down the Venus boss, in case they haven't made that clear yet. However, this quest in general involves mashing your face against the RNG and endgame moneysinking, so I wouldn't worry about it just yet unless you REALLY want to have a llamabatdogthing.
you with basic essential mods, instead of you having to hunt around for them.

I didn't do the Kubrow Quest until Mastery Rank 9 because it's such a horrible money sink. Take that 100k credits and get a carrier instead, there's always better things to spend your money on.

FunkyFlashman
May 10, 2013

EroticBlacksmith posted:

Sometimes they have orokin reactor/catalyst blueprints as rewards. Also if you don't have the detron or brakk yet the only way to get marked for the faction specific invaders is to run them.

I thought if you kill robotic bosses you get a zanuka mark and for non robotic bosses stalker and for grineer bosses stalker/g3. I just got a detron part from zanuka. Obviously if there is a potato reward you have to do whatever to get it but thats just soo rare so. Guess i will check them out more often. Looks not worth it imho (minus potato) i would rather gather void keys/do bosses for rare mats and marks. I thought there might be an invasion mod loot table or something. Thanks!

FunkyFlashman fucked around with this message at 13:09 on Mar 2, 2015

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
Stalker emails you for regular bosses, Zanuka and G3 are triggered by running invasions against the appropriate faction.

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

Deceitful and black-hearted, perhaps we are. But we would never go against the Code. Well, perhaps for good reasons. But mostly never.

Captainicus posted:

Oh god does anyone have a recommendation for gathering t3 keys? I need a scindo prime blade to rank up syndicate and I am getting tired of 15 minute level 30 survival and then it drops the wrong kind of key. I hope some of these ones I've got are useful for the next rank :suicide:

Excavations are good for that; a group with a defensive frame or two can quickly gather 3-4 key drops in a much more reasonable time than survivals take.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Bit of a weird question goons but I have one Orokin Catalyst and I'm a bit unsure how to spend it, either:

1) Syndicate Ranking for the Cephalon Suda guys, I can't get over that it needs one of those to rank up, greedy buggers.
2) Dakra Prime
3) Marelock

Any particular recommendation here? I know I can trade for some of the mods I want from the Syndicate stuff but it does give me something to work towards while playing I guess. I'm a bit unsure on which to mod out of the two weapons though.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Flipswitch posted:

Bit of a weird question goons but I have one Orokin Catalyst and I'm a bit unsure how to spend it, either:

1) Syndicate Ranking for the Cephalon Suda guys, I can't get over that it needs one of those to rank up, greedy buggers.
2) Dakra Prime
3) Marelock

Any particular recommendation here? I know I can trade for some of the mods I want from the Syndicate stuff but it does give me something to work towards while playing I guess. I'm a bit unsure on which to mod out of the two weapons though.

If you aren't super focused on getting through syndicate ranks, you should just stick it in that Marelok. That pistol will see you up to and through any endgame content, though you'll need to forma it a couple times as well for maximum worth.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Flipswitch posted:

2) Dakra Prime
3) Marelock

I'd say go Suda just because Vaykor Marelok is a thing. You might get a replacement if a generous goon gives one away.

EroticBlacksmith
May 13, 2010

FunkyFlashman posted:

I thought if you kill robotic bosses you get a zanuka mark and for non robotic bosses stalker and for grineer bosses stalker/g3.

If you kill a boss you get a Stalker mark. You can have 1 stalker mark per boss. If you're marked you have a low chance in any non-boss and non-syndicate mission for the Stalker to show up. If one of you kills the other the mark is used up, if you abort, the mark stays. None of the void "bosses" give a stalker mark. I can't remember if Lephantis does or not.

If you run 5 invasions against Corpus (i.e. for the Grineer) you get a Zanuka Hunter mark. You can only have 1 Zanuka Hunter mark. The Zanuka Hunter can show up in any non-boss, non-syndicate Corpus mission.

If you run 5 invasions against Grineer (i.e. for the Corpus) you get a G3 mark. You can only have 1 G3 mark. The G3 can show up in any non-boss, non-syndicate mission Grineer.

A special note, NONE of the hunters can show up in Venus or Mercury missions.

I'm sure there's some details I've missed, but that's the general gist of hunters in Warframe.

EroticBlacksmith fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Mar 3, 2015

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

I can't decide between nekros and hydroid for a farm frame, both kinda do the same thing, with nekros getting more drops than hydroid due to tentacles having to kill the target, but hydroid is more viable in other stuff.

Lord Wexia
Sep 27, 2005

Boo zombie apocalypse.
Hooray beer!

EroticBlacksmith posted:

If you kill a boss you get a Stalker mark. You can have 1 stalker mark per boss. If you're marked you have a low chance in any non-boss and non-syndicate mission for the Stalker to show up. If one of you kills the other the mark is used up, if you abort, the mark stays. None of the void "bosses" give a stalker mark. I can't remember if Lephantis does or not.

If you run 5 invasions against Corpus (i.e. for the Grineer) you get a Zanuka Hunter mark. You can only have 1 Zanuka Hunter mark. The Zanuka Hunter can show up in any non-boss, non-syndicate Corpus mission.

If you run 5 invasions against Grineer (i.e. for the Corpus) you get a G3 mark. You can only have 1 G3 mark. The G3 can show up in any non-boss, non-syndicate mission.

A special note, NONE of the hunters can show up in Venus or Mercury missions.

I'm sure there's some details I've missed, but that's the general gist of hunters in Warframe.

When people are talking about a "Stalker Hunt" or whatever, are they just getting 4 people together with marks and sitting in a mission for 4 minutes and if no dudes show up, bail?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Nalesh posted:

I can't decide between nekros and hydroid for a farm frame, both kinda do the same thing, with nekros getting more drops than hydroid due to tentacles having to kill the target, but hydroid is more viable in other stuff.

Farm powers aside, Hydroid has powers that actually do stuff though. Sure you're using 1 and 4 with 2 and 3 being comedy options, but still, way more entertaining than Nekros.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Lord Wexia posted:

When people are talking about a "Stalker Hunt" or whatever, are they just getting 4 people together with marks and sitting in a mission for 4 minutes and if no dudes show up, bail?

That's about the size of it, yeah.