Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

i lol irl every time i read these types of stories that confirm how bad this company is and how its microsoft 2.0. at least a big grin

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
microsoft owns, i agree that google is almost as good

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

Nintendo Kid posted:

microsoft owns, i agree that google is almost as good

i expected better from you

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

in barron's:

Google: Time to Return Cash to Shareholders

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

lmao

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

PleasureKevin posted:

I llol'd ( literally laughed out loud ) at the pagancow part
i did as well

the idea that not only would someone voluntarily read a pagancow post but actually enjoy it is some funny poo poo

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

uncurable mlady posted:

i expected better from you

maybe you should see his posts in D&D then

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

For the third time in a year, Google has a new leader for its social network, Google+. And in keeping with the trend of trios, Google+ is getting split into three different products: Streams, Photos and Hangouts. Google VP Bradley Horowitz is taking the reins of the former two products, which until now have been part of Google+.

:rip:

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

At some point between the original announcement in September of 2014 and the publication of the Android 5.0 hardware requirements in January of 2015, Google apparently decided to relax the requirement, pushing it off to some future version of Android.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

Pinterest Mom posted:

For the third time in a year, Google has a new leader for its social network, Google+. And in keeping with the trend of trios, Google+ is getting split into three different products: Streams, Photos and Hangouts. Google VP Bradley Horowitz is taking the reins of the former two products, which until now have been part of Google+.

:rip:

lol, are they going to count the split as double the user base?

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Linguica posted:

At some point between the original announcement in September of 2014 and the publication of the Android 5.0 hardware requirements in January of 2015, Google apparently decided to relax the requirement, pushing it off to some future version of Android.

lol

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope
some good lols to be had today

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

Linguica posted:

holy lol

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

reminder that google rushed a response to the washington post when the ios 8 encryption story first broke. im lollin

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast
speaking of google, are they still planning in version 41 to fistfuck chome users on HTTPS sites with a SHA1 signature algorithm cert?

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

Smythe posted:

he sent me a cool pm after i probed him

thats harsh but true

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2015/03/google-quietly-backs-away-from-encrypting-new-lollipop-devices-by-default/

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

gee I wonder why people don't trust google to actually follow through with things.

they have to be losing (or not gaining) corporate clients over their tendency to just drop poo poo when it is no longer new and interesting.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

once again

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

lol they killed Google plus and withdrew their main retort to android being called a virus ridden hellstew, all in 1 day

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

PleasureKevin posted:

lol they killed Google plus and withdrew their main retort to android being called a virus ridden hellstew, all in 1 day

to S. Brin, it was Monday

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

to S. Brin, it was Monday

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

PleasureKevin posted:

quote:

Intel just announced anti-virus software for smartwatches. Yes, that's right, for smartwatches. The chip maker is bundling its McAfee Mobile Security suite with LG's recently announced Watch Urbane LTE. I'm not sure why, and I don't think Intel is either. I asked Intel CEO Brian Krzanich why a smartwatch needs anti-virus software, and he compared the wrist-worn gadgets to air conditioners.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

duTrieux. posted:

Intel just announced anti-virus software for smartwatches. Yes, that's right, for smartwatches. The chip maker is bundling its McAfee Mobile Security suite with LG's recently announced Watch Urbane LTE. I'm not sure why, and I don't think Intel is either. I asked Intel CEO Brian Krzanich why a smartwatch needs anti-virus software, and he compared the wrist-worn gadgets to air conditioners.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

cool

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

today was a good day

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
holy poo poo

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

lmao

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

everyone is broken, and no one can fix it.

Dubstep Jesus
Jun 27, 2012

by exmarx

lmao

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

fart simpson posted:

no way…!

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

fart simpson posted:

hmmm... yay or nay/?

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Smythe posted:

hmmm... yay or nay/?

*thumbs down*

• Locked thread