Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

muscles like this? posted:

Jack continues to fail upwards through his own hard work.

I'd be completely ok if the show shifted to him and Silver as the main characters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Seeing as though they are my two favorite characters (both real and fictional) in the entire series unless they bring in Black Sam or Black Bart, I would love for a shift towards a Silver/Rackham focus. My only doubt is that they have been so good at supporting the show from the sidelines that focusing on them could tire out the characters.

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
This show is amazing for making me root for pretty much all the characters.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Vane's lucky he's pretty and good at murdering people because he's as dumb as a brick.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
another prominent shot of that samurai sword being sharpened, i have got a serious case of chekhov's blue balls here

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
I find myself getting a bit frustrated with this show again, i just want to see pirates sailing the seas, not endless amount of Nassau politics.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
That's never going to happen though. I imagine it's more expensive to constantly shoot/choreograph ship battles, but even if it weren't there isn't exactly a whole lot of plot to be had from "Captain A wants Ship X". The few battles we've had have all served a purpose and actually helped build/break down characters. I get why people want more ship battles/pirate fights, but it's the setup episodes that make those battles interesting. Without that legwork it would just be the same thing over and over and get old quick.

Also I don't see it happening, but it would be nice if Eleanor actually managed to successfully sneak the girl out. The writers haven't exactly done her any favors this season and her getting caught on the way out seems like the most obvious result of her plan. Having her actually escape would give her a win for once and would give her a meaningful contribution to Flint's side/plan.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Oasx posted:

I find myself getting a bit frustrated with this show again, i just want to see pirates sailing the seas, not endless amount of Nassau politics.

If you've stuck with it for this long then you should realize by now that it isn't Pirates of the Caribbean.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

Deakul posted:

If you've stuck with it for this long then you should realize by now that it isn't Pirates of the Caribbean.

True, i guess my problem is more that it feels like nothing ever really changes, Nassau is like some black hole that sucks everyone back in that tries to leave. For example it is taking forever just for Flint to get back to that beach and grab the gold.
I realize that it can't all be pirating, but a change of scenery would just be nice.

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost
So I assume if Eleanor gets the girl out they'll storm the fort anyway since there's no reason not to at that point?

meristem
Oct 2, 2010
I HAVE THE ETIQUETTE OF STIFF AND THE PERSONALITY OF A GIANT CUNT.
Silver is going to betray Flint, so if anyone does any storming, it will be the old captain.

I hope that Billy does choose to capture Flint and sell him off to the Navy, though. I'm tired of Flint thinking that he's the saviour of the place while all those ungrateful bastards---

And then Vane can take his ship and sail for the gold. He actually did get a part of it, historically, didn't he?

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

meristem posted:

I hope that Billy does choose to capture Flint and sell him off to the Navy, though. I'm tired of Flint thinking that he's the saviour of the place while all those ungrateful bastards---

No one challenges the coat.

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

This isn't Middle Earth, Quentin. There aren't enough noble quests to go around.

Jreedy88 posted:

Has anyone found the coat for sale anywhere? Anyone have an inkling as to what brand?

Considering the show is set in the 1700s, I'm certain it was created for the actor by the costume department. In close up the stitches seen around the collar area are hand done, and the leather is artificially aged.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
I'm sure I was not the only one worried about the coat during Flint and Vane`s knife fight.

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004
What happened to the gently caress tent or have I missed it :smith:

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Winkie01 posted:

Ain't no one got time for that!

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 22 days!

Winkie01 posted:

Flint's wearing it now :heysexy:

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mouse Dresser posted:

Considering the show is set in the 1700s, I'm certain it was created for the actor by the costume department. In close up the stitches seen around the collar area are hand done, and the leather is artificially aged.

My old dear is a leathersmith, she reckons it's a 100% custom made, like virtually everything else in the show.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

blablablabla posted:

I'm sure I was not the only one worried about the coat during Flint and Vane`s knife fight.

That coat knows no fear. It's :black101: as gently caress

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

meristem posted:

Silver is going to betray Flint, so if anyone does any storming, it will be the old captain.

And then Vane can take his ship and sail for the gold. He actually did get a part of it, historically, didn't he?

Well considering that gold probably ends up on Treasure Island, I doubt it.

Liam Emsa
Aug 21, 2014

Oh, god. I think I'm falling.
Just wait until they end the show. They'll sell off all the props on eBay or something. I'm sure it will go for like $10,000.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Liam Emsa posted:

Just wait until they end the show. They'll sell off all the props on eBay or something. I'm sure it will go for like $10,000.

The coat will cost a fully loaded spanish treasure galleon.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Liam Emsa posted:

There will be a replica out on Etsy lickity split. My old one would make it, if i was a big cosplay nerd. But i'm not gay.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

I'm enjoying this season more than the last but drat do they manage to drag out the plot over a bunch of episodes. I'm also waiting patiently for some proper ship to ship combat.

hemale in pain fucked around with this message at 13:48 on Mar 5, 2015

Beef Hardcheese
Jan 21, 2003

HOW ABOUT I LASH YOUR SHIT

Liam Emsa posted:

gently caress that. If I were Toby Stephens I'd take it home for myself. Wouldn't even try to hide it, either. Just walk right off the lot wearing it, and if anyone wants to try and stop me they'd be welcome to try. :yarr:

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Beef Hardcheese posted:

gently caress that. If I were Toby Stephens I'd take it home for myself. Wouldn't even try to hide it, either. Just walk right off the lot wearing it, and if anyone wants to try and stop me they'd be welcome to try. :yarr:

"Sir, the stage called ahead and asked us to stop your car at the gate, wardrobe says they're missing one of your pieces"

*gets shot in the face with a musket*

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

"Mr. Dufresne torch the gatehouse and get us underway"

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 22 days!

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE posted:

"Sir, the stage called ahead and asked us to stop your car at the gate, wardrobe says they're missing one of your pieces"

*gets shot in the face with a musket*

More like security gets repeatedly smashed in the face with a cannonball

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.

Capn Beeb posted:

More like security gets repeatedly smashed in the face with a cannonball

Speaking of, I liked the fake out of positioning Rackham within arm's reach of the same line of cannonballs during his fight right before he won.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Found this guy via someone linking his Star Trek video in the Trek thread; turns out he does a lot of covers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGXklFmcVK4

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

drat it, Silver, I was just starting to like you. :argh:

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Silver you slimy motherfucker.

So are we to assume that those were Vane's men waiting for Richard? Or are they white walkers?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Billy learned from the best.

Not A Bear
Nov 4, 2009
Was anyone else expecting the other ship that challenged Jack for the prize to be captained by Anne? She is the one that the Queen Anne's Revenge is named after, isn't she?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I must have missed a line, where was Guthrie headed at the end?

Not A Bear posted:

Was anyone else expecting the other ship that challenged Jack for the prize to be captained by Anne? She is the one that the Queen Anne's Revenge is named after, isn't she?

The ship was named for the actual Queen Anne

Darth Ballz
Apr 30, 2003
Feel the burn

Aphrodite posted:

I must have missed a line, where was Guthrie headed at the end?

The ship was named for the actual Queen Anne

Into the interior to treat with Underhill

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
"Through some kind of luck, or guile or loving sorcery."

Think I just fell in love with Silver.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Deakul posted:

Silver you slimy motherfucker.

So are we to assume that those were Vane's men waiting for Richard? Or are they white walkers?

I thought it was Hornigold and Dufresne

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

We've returned to 100% forearms. I loving love this show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

Hell yes, Billy is fully aboard Team Flint.

• Locked thread