Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Endorph posted:

cell made seven

he wanted an even match and the z-fighters had a crew of 8 (goku, gohan, piccolo, vegeta, yamcha, tien, krillin, trunks), so he made seven. the anime had gohan kill 8. one of them could have used tien's duplicate move, though.

lol except there's nothing to suggest this whatsoever

it's pretty clear they just hosed up and miscounted

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Blockhouse posted:

say hello to super freeza

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=soe-rEMKytY really bad video of the new trailer

I must admit. I actually rather like the Look.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Momomo posted:

You could also call it the Namek saga.

It's kind of weird to think about what his last significant win was. Wasn't it Pui Pui? That guy barely even counts as a fight. Before that was what, Android 19? and before that it was Zarbon? Vegeta never really got to do very much.

eh i count him steamrolling imperfect cell, he won that fight by a mile it's just he's a goddamn retard

dunno why trunks wasn't just like yo dad how bout you flatten this fool then fight kakkarot when he pops out of the time chamber in a bit

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Why does the canon villain's fifth form look worse than his non-canon brother's?

AardvarkGrenadier
Mar 29, 2010
I like how Frieza just rips off the Super Saiyans look and turns gold. Maybe those drat dirty monkeys were on to something.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

CharlestheHammer posted:

the Android/Cell saga can also be called the Vegeta gets owned repeatedly saga.

Which is, coincidentally, what you can also call every saga.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Oh, he's like that RPG boss where you fight them again with a different pallet.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I like the purple and gold Frieza. Looks very "Emperor of the Galaxy". much cooler than the motley crew of weirdos he's facing.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Two Finger posted:

lol except there's nothing to suggest this whatsoever

it's pretty clear they just hosed up and miscounted
yeah there's nothing to suggest that and they clearly hosed up but that's just the excuse i run with

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

AardvarkGrenadier posted:

I like how Frieza just rips off the Super Saiyans look and turns gold. Maybe those drat dirty monkeys were on to something.
Yeah that's why I like it, and I hope they actually mention this in the movie. :v:

Captain Quack
Feb 18, 2013
Jacko is in the trailer!
I hope there are more surprises like this in the movie.

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde

Xibanya posted:

So Vegeta's character in the androids/cell arc really bugs me. It seems like Toriyama himself was like "what is Vegeta's personality again? Oh yeah, he's obsessed with challenging strong guys and beating them!" and then he went from there. When I watch the Saiyan and Namek episodes it's like I'm seeing a totally different character. I'll explain.

I wonder if it could be explained as the influence of the Super Saiyan form? It makes Goku and Gohan angry, it makes Vegeta overwhelmingly stupid. :haw:

Blockhouse posted:

Thyrork posted:

Turns out Freiza, through gruelling effort and heart breaking loss, unlocked his race's mythological super form. He is now a Super Changeling/Freiza Clan/Frost Demon!

:stare: I WAS KIDDING! Goddamnit. :mad:

Its a good look for him.

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
Aww man. I'll admit his new form looks :krad:, but I kinda just wanted it to be the old Frieza, just stronger for no reason.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

ImpAtom posted:

Oh, he's like that RPG boss where you fight them again with a different pallet.

He reminds me of the DragonQuest palette enemies that end up being harder than their counterpart.

I"m fine with this design of his, I was never a fan of those ridiculous transformation ss4 hair crap people go on about.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Shindragon posted:

He reminds me of the DragonQuest palette enemies that end up being harder than their counterpart.

I"m fine with this design of his, I was never a fan of those ridiculous transformation ss4 hair crap people go on about.

Considering Toriyama does character design for both, it's somehow appropriate.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Blockhouse posted:

Repping the row I see.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

projecthalaxy posted:

I like the purple and gold Frieza. Looks very "Emperor of the Galaxy". much cooler than the motley crew of weirdos he's facing.

Looks more "Space Pimp" to me

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

are tfs gonna do battle of gods abridged?
and new frieza abridged?
their frieza was best frieza, although that moment where funimation screams 'DON'T TELL ME!!! IT'S TRUE, ISN'T IT!?!?' is right up there

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Two Finger posted:

are tfs gonna do battle of gods abridged?
and new frieza abridged?
their frieza was best frieza, although that moment where funimation screams 'DON'T TELL ME!!! IT'S TRUE, ISN'T IT!?!?' is right up there

I don't think they'll do the newer movies. They're pretty close with the dubbing company now.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
They mentioned they weren't doing the new movies and that Toei would bury their bodies in a desert if they ever tried.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

as an aside, a while ago i noticed the earlier episodes go 'this is a nonproft fanbased parody' where the newer ones go 'this is a fanbased parody' did they start making money off it at some point?

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

They'll bend the knee or I'll destroy them

Two Finger posted:

as an aside, a while ago i noticed the earlier episodes go 'this is a nonproft fanbased parody' where the newer ones go 'this is a fanbased parody' did they start making money off it at some point?

I believe they mentioned in a podcast or something they finally managed to make a few pennies on T Shirt sales and the like. Not a lot, but enough that they can't honestly say they're "non profit" anymore.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Even if TFS somehow got the blessing to do the new movies, it would take like 10 years before they come close to doing them considering they're doing the movies in order. The last movie they did was Revenge of Cooler. They have 8 more movies to go before reaching Battle of Gods, not including History of Trunks.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Also Battle of Gods is the movie that feels the most like DBZA to begin with, doing there own version of it would kind of lose some of the impact.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

fair point

i'd like to see them do fusion reborn but to be honest that movie combined silliness and serious moments so well already that there isn't a lot more they could really do with it

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

They'll bend the knee or I'll destroy them
Also Battle of the Gods contains characters they've yet to reach in the series, like Buu, Videl, Goten and Kid Trunks

Blue Star
Feb 18, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

WickedHate posted:

They mentioned they weren't doing the new movies and that Toei would bury their bodies in a desert if they ever tried.

Toei knows about DBZA? Does Toriyama?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

RZApublican posted:

Also Battle of Gods is the movie that feels the most like DBZA to begin with, doing there own version of it would kind of lose some of the impact.
Yeah I mean, what jokes would they add? Beerus gives even less of a poo poo? The only thing I can see having any real potential is the Super Saiyan God sequence.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Tae posted:

Even if TFS somehow got the blessing to do the new movies, it would take like 10 years before they come close to doing them considering they're doing the movies in order. The last movie they did was Revenge of Cooler. They have 8 more movies to go before reaching Battle of Gods, not including History of Trunks.

They did Episode of Bardock which was pretty recent in coming out.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Blue Star posted:

Toei knows about DBZA? Does Toriyama?

I think they meant it in the general "big company will kick the poo poo out of us if we upload a dub of their hot new movie not long out of theaters".

Edit: Episode of Bardock was a short special made to promote an arcade game. Completely different then a theatrical movie they need you to buy tickets for or buy the Blu Ray.

WickedHate fucked around with this message at 02:12 on Mar 3, 2015

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Two Finger posted:

T-shirts

RZApublican posted:

Well it just feels like Dragon Ball more than Z, but yeah same nonsense, I think they mostly mentioned that they wouldn't even know how to go about it. Which is fair.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

after looking at their store i'd probably wear the 'i am the hype' shirt if it didn't have the super saiyan on it

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Blockhouse posted:

...geaux Tigers?

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.

Blockhouse posted:

Holy poo poo a shiny Freeza!

I guess it's ok. Not what I was expecting, gold color seems a bit strange with the purple but oh well.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I kinda expected Ultimate Frieza to be more armored, like Cooler.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

...Get back to me later. Jury's out right now.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

It will turn out that all races in the universe have Super Whatever potential.

Get ready for Super Yamcha to save the day you guys.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
So, out and out, is he a Super Frost Demon? Like, any news if that is the angle they're going for or is the gold color just because we associate golden transformations as a big deal?

Personally, I'm a little underwhelmed. It's not horrible and looks loads better than that fake one people where throwing about a while back, but it just feels a bit simple. But, then again, that's Toriyama, isn't it? I mean going Super Sayian is just your hair going blonde and, maybe, standing up (some people have to go SS2 before it stands up)? Draw stuff simple so it's not a pain in the arse to draw the comic every week?

Edit: Cooler's 5th form is non-canon and did look a little out of place, but it did give the whole "big deal" vibe. But, then again, Toryiama likes his villian's final form to be something that isn't visually threatening. Since Freeza is already in not threatening form, the move had to be lateral unlike the other transformations.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Super Freeza is beautiful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
I hate the color scheme and it looks too much like his normal fourth form. He should look more badass, like Cooler's 5th. It'd be cool if Toriyama wrote everything and let whoever designed for the other movies come up with stuff like this.

• Locked thread