Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
When do you think they'll be going retail, are there official release dates yet or have you not sorted that out due to being busy finishing up the KS stuff?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Captain Invictus posted:

And with the previous Bones KS, it showed they produced a solid product, with some exception(quality of Bones 1 plastic was a bit wobbly). I am more than happy with the Bones 2 run, I opened Khanjira and Dragons Don't Share, and the quality of the Bones plastic has improved so dramatically it's mindboggling. It's still got good flex, but except on the most spindly of parts(thin longswords in particular) it retains shape and feels very strong, much stronger than Bones 1 plastic.

The really big kits seem to have a harder plastic, but the small figures seem exactly the same formulation as Bones 1 to me. I think Reaper deliberately uses a firmer plastic for the big guys so they can hold their own weight.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Oh okay, I have only opened DDS and Khanjira, I figured they'd upgraded their formula for everything. A shame if that's the case.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
I feel like the adventurers in my DDS2 box (the only small-sized Bones 2 figs I've got my hands on) are somewhat harder too, but that could very easily just be a placebo effect.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

JerryLee posted:

I feel like the adventurers in my DDS2 box (the only small-sized Bones 2 figs I've got my hands on) are somewhat harder too, but that could very easily just be a placebo effect.

I have my individual 28mm human-sized Bones 1 figs and Bones 2 figs in the same bins and as far as I can tell, they're indistinguishable.

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Secure. Contain. Protect.
Fallen Rib
I'm not sure. Assuming they don't just ship the stuff that's already boxed right out, I'd imagine at least a few weeks to get the individual blisters finished up and shipped.

EDIT: The plastic seems firmer where it needs to be. Certainly on the larger models it is. The detail seems to be better on the majority of the models as well. it's still not quite as crisp as pewter or resin, but it's still an improvement.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Do you have guys in comical labcoats, goggles, and dr. frankenstein hair experimenting in a lightning-powered laboratory, creating the newest version of Bones plastic

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Fallen Rib
I'm not actually a Reaper rep. I just post on their forums a lot.

That said, they do have what appears to be a nuclear missile in their factory. I assume nothing when it comes to Reaper.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

JackMann posted:

I'm not actually a Reaper rep. I just post on their forums a lot.

That said, they do have what appears to be a nuclear missile in their factory. I assume nothing when it comes to Reaper.

Wait, I thought you work for them, weren't you helping with the shipments and poo poo?

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Fallen Rib
Nah, man. I'm in the Air Force. It's just that Bryan and other Reaper Peeps post a lot of info on the boards, and I've been relaying a lot of that here, is probably where you got that idea. I just figured I could help keep you guys in the loop as well, since we were all waiting for our little plastic mans.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Oh okay, I must be imagining things, I thought you'd said you had packed up my shipment yourself.

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Fallen Rib
Hah! No, Bryan did that. At least, he mentioned pulling a huge order involving ten of a lot of stuff. I quoted Bryan's mention of it in the thread because I thought you'd get a kick out of it.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Got my bones, they're all awesome, feelin good. Doing a parts inspection now, but the Kraken loving rocks. Plastic on the boat is kinda soft and bendy though, I guess that's how bonesium is meant to be?

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!

NTRabbit posted:

Got my bones, they're all awesome, feelin good. Doing a parts inspection now, but the Kraken loving rocks. Plastic on the boat is kinda soft and bendy though, I guess that's how bonesium is meant to be?

Bonesium ranges from super-soft and bendable (in my Bones II, the frog people are like this) to almost rigid. Discussions here are not agreeing on if there's a difference between Bones I and II, but my experience is that most minis are more rigid now.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Regarding bones flipping, this time around people seem a lot more aware of what the Kickstarter prices were - that might be a better starting point than the MSRP.

It might also be worth splitting up the expansions. Right now there's a lot that wasn't available ala carte, but isn't yet in stores, so the only way to get stuff like rad minotaur god is secondary market.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

So is there an email address for packing errors? My silver dragon came with two left wings, and that's no way to form a political spectrum.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

NTRabbit posted:

So is there an email address for packing errors? My silver dragon came with two left wings, and that's no way to form a political spectrum.

help@reapermini.com.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Pretty sure their last update or so requested people hold off reporting errors, though, as they aren't handling those until after fulfillment.

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

Bad Munki posted:

Pretty sure their last update or so requested people hold off reporting errors, though, as they aren't handling those until after fulfillment.

I assume that will be in a week or two. I got sent 2 of a mini in place of a different one, but I'm waiting for word from reaper that they can actually fix it.

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Fallen Rib
Bryan is working on the update today that will outline the process.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
To anyone that got the second expansion set, are the shipping containers hollow or solid? Was thinking of picking up a few for Deadzone games and modeling one to look like something dangerous burst out off it.

Baron Snow
Feb 8, 2007

Hollow with the top being a removable lid, but I don't think the doors can open. It's made of a rigid plastic instead of bonesium, and I quite like it.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Great thank you, want worked about the doors. Was thinking of cutting a hold in the side and green stuffing outwardly peeling metal.

The top coming I'd just gravy, can let models take shelter inside and add a 'surprise! this one's still occupied!' Component.

Macdeo Lurjtux fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Mar 2, 2015

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

Baron Snow posted:

Hollow with the top being a removable lid, but I don't think the doors can open. It's made of a rigid plastic instead of bonesium, and I quite like it.
Huh. Are you sure it's not just the harder bonesium? It seems like they can just twist a knob (figuratively speaking of course ) to get it as hard as a particular model calls for.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Lord Frisk posted:

I assume that will be in a week or two. I got sent 2 of a mini in place of a different one, but I'm waiting for word from reaper that they can actually fix it.

Speak of the devil:

Reaper KS Update posted:

Shipping is Complete!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1513061270/reaper-miniatures-bones-ii-the-return-of-mr-bones/posts/1149563

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

quote:

Missing Part From Order OR Missing "Bit" from Model
If you are missing one or more models, or one or more parts from a model (whether an entire model or simply an arm/head/weapon/etc.) please contact us to receive a replacement.
Send an e-mail to help@reapermini.com with your order number, a shipping address to send the replacement part, and the part number as shown on the large graphics of the Home Page of the Kickstarter Project. This part number is the only way we have to be sure that we are supplying the correct part.
I'm not sure I get how this is supposed to work. For instance, my Demon Lords pack, figure 92776, has two left horns. Their message there implies I'm supposed to be able to find a part number for the horn, but I guess I'm just overthinking it and they want precisely that information I said there and that'll do.

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

Bad Munki posted:

I'm not sure I get how this is supposed to work. For instance, my Demon Lords pack, figure 92776, has two left horns. Their message there implies I'm supposed to be able to find a part number for the horn, but I guess I'm just overthinking it and they want precisely that information I said there and that'll do.

Yeah, it sounds like you can describe the bit from the appropriate part number and you should be all set

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Alright, so here's what I'm thinking. How does 20% off everything listed in this google document sound for now:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15cWkcTjSYuZNWngjdNUFhm7INcw8zKmUOk-rdN350VU/edit#gid=0

Just having people copy/paste a list of the names of the models they'd like(so I can more easily find them). I'd probably ask if I can take the DDS/Khanjira sets out of their boxes, since the boxes take up like five times as much space as the minis and it'd be much easier to find a more suitable box to fit DDS in than a big long one. Maybe offer half off shipping costs after a certain amount, and maybe free shipping over a further amount, I dunno. I got seriously burned before offering free shipping and then winding up losing half of what the sale net me just covering shipping costs, so I'm kinda wary of offering free shipping. It's difficult as a small time operation to compete against the likes of The Warstore(who I love, don't get me wrong, Neal's an awesome dude and I've talked to him multiple times before).

I know it's not a quarter off the retail price, and I'll likely drop it eventually, but I'm just seeing if it's acceptable.

Should I sell the Expansions/Core Sets as a whole, or part them out? Do people really want the more generic fantasy figures as much outside of the big monsters like the giant shark dude and turtle monsters; the knights, gnolls, etc, or are those less desired?

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Fallen Rib
I'd say keep most of the core sets whole and split the expansions. The core sets you could get in parts during the Kickstarter. Maybe split one or two so that latecomers can piece through, but you'll find more who want whole sets. The Expansions, though, you'll be able to get even people who backed who wanted more of a specific mini or two. Split 'em pretty much the opposite from the core sets. Plan to keep a couple intact, and split the rest.

For the split-up contents, think about using divisions like Reaper did, so you're getting the Egyptian gods together, or the Grey Aliens, or what have you. Enough to make it worth it to buy and ship out, while still making it not too huge an investment if they only want a few of the figures from the pack.

That's how I'd go about it, anyway.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Yeah, if I was able to buy PARTS of the expansions, I would do that even though I got in on the actual kickstarter.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

JackMann posted:

I'd say keep most of the core sets whole and split the expansions. The core sets you could get in parts during the Kickstarter. Maybe split one or two so that latecomers can piece through, but you'll find more who want whole sets. The Expansions, though, you'll be able to get even people who backed who wanted more of a specific mini or two. Split 'em pretty much the opposite from the core sets. Plan to keep a couple intact, and split the rest.

For the split-up contents, think about using divisions like Reaper did, so you're getting the Egyptian gods together, or the Grey Aliens, or what have you. Enough to make it worth it to buy and ship out, while still making it not too huge an investment if they only want a few of the figures from the pack.

That's how I'd go about it, anyway.
Good idea. If I sold'em piecemeal, individual figure-wise, I'd probably do like, a minimum of 15 dollars ordered like a lot of Lego part sellers do so it's not some dude buying 95 cents worth of pieces.

Bad Munki posted:

Yeah, if I was able to buy PARTS of the expansions, I would do that even though I got in on the actual kickstarter.
:ssh: I wouldn't have even bought the expansions if I could have gotten the demon minotaur separate, and I think Reaper knew that

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

On the other hand, you may find yourself with a pile of generally less-desirable minis from each expansion.

And yes, the minotaur god is the poo poo.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Bad Munki posted:

On the other hand, you may find yourself with a pile of generally less-desirable minis from each expansion.

And yes, the minotaur god is the poo poo.

I was thinking about that, and also thinking maybe it'd be worth it to sell the good stuff, then offer like, half-pound bags of random poo poo from Bones for 10 bucks each that had all the stuff people weren't buying in them. Ten bucks for a bunch of paint practice minis or something.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Captain Invictus posted:

Ten bucks for a bunch of paint practice minis or something.

That's a really good idea.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

But seriously, if you do that, I will buy a pile of purple translucent tentacles (92849, 92850), probably an ice troll and mountain troll (92821 and 92803 respectively) and probably some mushroom men (92822, 92823, 92824) and gently caress it, probably a bunch of the zombies, too (92815, 92816, 92817, 92818, 92819). And probably others. Maybe another dragon tortoise (92804) because god drat. And a tardis (92877). fml.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Sure, just whip up a list of stuff you want. There's a really really nice site that shows off what each mini looks like up close/painted(if it existed before) that's useful for figuring out which minis you'd like: https://www.bones.kgdcraftermath.com

I need to work on the post and description for it all that I'll likely have ready by tomorrow or wednesday, but if you're interested in certain things now, by all means make a list and PM it to me. Just keep in mind the list of things I have available to pick through and it shouldn't be difficult to find it on that site. I have none of the Expansion 3 packs, though.

quote:

2013 Core Set x8-9
Dungeon Decor x3
Dragon Hatchlings x1
Under the Sea x1
Lords of Darkness x1
Mouslings x3
Unleash the Kraken! x7-8
Oh, Rats! x2-3
Heroes and Villains x1
Water Elementals x1
Hill Giants x1
Numenera Monsters x1
Mashaaf, Great Old One x9
Khanjira, the World Breaker x9
Dragons Don't Share x5
Cadirith x1
Expansion Set 1 x4
Expansion Set 2 x4

The "buy a bunch of paint practicing minis" thing wouldn't happen until I'd sold off the majority of my stock though, unfortunately.

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Fallen Rib
Yeah, there are definitely some things I"d like.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

If you end up parting out one of the Expansion #2, you've got a buyer for the three mounted heroes at the top. I wanted those bad, but not bad enough to pay fifty bucks for them and a bunch of poo poo I didn't want.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I'll likely part out the expansions, yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
Captain Invictus PMed you about some stuff.

• Locked thread