Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0bArxJtSnM

Better preview, featuring Roshi and Tien kicking rear end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

That design looks awful to me but the movie looks like it's gonna be rad so whatever. It's how the fight looks in motion that really matters, right?

AmiYumi
Oct 10, 2005

I FORGOT TO HAIL KING TORG

Two Finger posted:

are tfs gonna do battle of gods abridged?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRevF9YrY7M

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

projecthalaxy posted:

I like the purple and gold Frieza. Looks very "Emperor of the Galaxy". much cooler than the motley crew of weirdos he's facing.

His new color scheme makes me think of the Emperor from Final Fantasy II.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I really hope Jaco gets a rad fight scene

ManOfTheYear
Jan 5, 2013
I'm watching the battle of gods and it unironically is loving amazing and I love it. The voice acting is absolutely wonderful and especially Beerus shines.

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

(and can't post for 2 years!)

I'm not at all surprised that super freezypop is a reskin considering how halfassed SSJG looks.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Amorphous Blob posted:

I'm not at all surprised that super freezypop is a reskin considering how halfassed SSJG looks.

It's Kaio-ken but, like, a lot! And you have to have a fetus!

dogs named Charlie
Apr 5, 2009

by exmarx
I haven't read Jaco yet but now I have to. It looks halfassed but I'm glad the cellphone pics of the new Freeza aren't overexposed, the world has had enough bickering about colors for the year.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

StrifeHira posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0bArxJtSnM

Better preview, featuring Roshi and Tien kicking rear end.

That is pretty great looking.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Toriyama is never going to properly settle on the Gohan going SSJ or not thing, is he?

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012
Toriyama sure does love Pilaf doesn't he. He found a way to put him in both movies.

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

I love that Jaco is in this. More Jaco and Neko Majin please!

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Why is Gohan always getting the poo poo beat out of him, is he not allowed to win in Toriyama's universe anymore

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.

Tae posted:

Why is Gohan always getting the poo poo beat out of him, is he not allowed to win in Toriyama's universe anymore

Toriyama doesn't think he makes a good hero apparently

Captain Quack
Feb 18, 2013
Freeza may have got stronger, but Goku didn't transform to fight him in the trailer, I guess when he does Freeza wont stand much of a chance

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I just hope Vegeta gets his shine spot. A chance to avenge himself and his race on the weird lizard man.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

man it would be loving great if vegeta managed to save the day.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

Pureauthor posted:

Toriyama is never going to properly settle on the Gohan going SSJ or not thing, is he?

They made the exact same mistake in the last movie preview, so I figure it'll probably change by the time the movie finally releases. Of course, Gohan ended up going super sayian in that movie anyway so...

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.

Captain Quack posted:

Freeza may have got stronger, but Goku didn't transform to fight him in the trailer, I guess when he does Freeza wont stand much of a chance

didn't an earlier preview say that Whis had locked his and Vegeta's normal Super Saiyan Transformations?

AmiYumi
Oct 10, 2005

I FORGOT TO HAIL KING TORG

dr.acula posted:

I love that Jaco is in this. More Jaco and Neko Majin please!
Someone tell Toriyama to add a Kuriza vs. Tarble joke subplot, TIA

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

So does that mean that F by MAXIMUM the Hormone is actually on the soundtrack? That's pretty baller.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013

Xibanya posted:

He couldn't pronounce it.

To some extent Toriyama must have known Goku was a poo poo dad. In Gohan's most dramatic fight he's wearing the getup of Piccolo and not the knockoff turtle pajamas like everyone else.

In Dragonball the turtle gi looked red on introduction. I like that better than orange. Oh well.

Late response but "to some extent" nothing. When Cell is kicking SS1 Gohan's rear end Piccolo goes on a several page rant about Goku being a lovely dad, and Goku's just there freaking out with the realization that he's kind of a piece of poo poo who's about to get his own son murdered because he couldn't comprehend that other people have interests other than death battle.

ManOfTheYear
Jan 5, 2013
I finished battle of gods and it really is a pretty weird movie, all in all. DBZ is a really one-note thing, there's an overwhelming opponent, people get afraid, they train, still won't win, get an emotional power up and then win. This movie was like an pre-avengers marvel movie where the bigger world and stronger opponents are established. It also is super goofy and everybody is very non-chalant about the imminent destruction of earth.

Still, I enjoyed it. Beerus was great.

Horrible Taste
Oct 12, 2012
Check out Goku and Freeza's sweet rear end dance moves :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtlbGk0-8Ik

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7QbSDhC_7Y

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

I welcome the rule of our new old galactic overlord Deep Frieza.

Genocyber posted:

His new color scheme makes me think of the Emperor from Final Fantasy II.

Which in turn looks like magic medievil Dio Brando, I never looked at this before :eyepop:

Testekill posted:

So does that mean that F by MAXIMUM the Hormone is actually on the soundtrack? That's pretty baller.

Got announced a month or three ago, was p awesome.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

ManOfTheYear posted:

I finished battle of gods and it really is a pretty weird movie, all in all. DBZ is a really one-note thing, there's an overwhelming opponent, people get afraid, they train, still won't win, get an emotional power up and then win.
Still, I enjoyed it. Beerus was great.

Minus the training, emotional powerup and winning in battle of the gods case.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Testekill posted:

Yes.

Stallion Cabana posted:

didn't an earlier preview say that Whis had locked his and Vegeta's normal Super Saiyan Transformations?

Also yes.

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg
here's hoping the new movie has a bunch of lovely numetal and ends in a spirit bomb

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I want the movie to have cuts between the desperate battle on earth and Beerus and Whis chilling on their home planet watching everything via Space Skype.

ManOfTheYear
Jan 5, 2013

MonsterEnvy posted:

Minus the training, emotional powerup and winning in battle of the gods case.

Yep. Battle of gods is basically a teaser, but a fun teaser. Like Ground Zeroes.

Also I can't believe kid Trunks said something like "Yep, she's actually my top squeeze." I've never heard a term like that.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

ManOfTheYear posted:

Yep. Battle of gods is basically a teaser, but a fun teaser. Like Ground Zeroes.

Also I can't believe kid Trunks said something like "Yep, she's actually my top squeeze." I've never heard a term like that.

It's slang for "Of all the people/women/men, I 'date,' he/she is my favorite." It's an American slang term. It's quite a bit outdated which is part of the joke. In other words, no one "cool" would say that anymore which adds to the humor of him failing to seem cool (to the audience, not Goten who totally falls for it).

ManOfTheYear
Jan 5, 2013

Covok posted:

It's slang for "Of all the people/women/men, I 'date,' he/she is my favorite." It's an American slang term. It's quite a bit outdated which is part of the joke. In other words, no one "cool" would say that anymore which adds to the humor of him failing to seem cool (to the audience, not Goten who totally falls for it).

Thank you for the explanation, I thought it was something completely new, not an outdated term. For some reason I thought it would be something very foul, like "bottom bitch" or something. Hearing that from an cartoon child in an children's movie was a bit :captainpop:

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

ManOfTheYear posted:

Thank you for the explanation, I thought it was something completely new, not an outdated term. For some reason I thought it would be something very foul, like "bottom bitch" or something. Hearing that from an cartoon child in an children's movie was a bit :captainpop:

Arguably, "bottom bitch" could be considered a modern, more vulgar version of the term.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Stallion Cabana posted:

Toriyama doesn't think he makes a good hero apparently

That's the one thing about Toriyama that always annoys me. Gohan made a fine hero, but Toriyama himself pissed that all away in the Buu saga. He really has no one to blame but himself there

Monaghan posted:

man it would be loving great if vegeta managed to save the day.

Could be my own biases talking but the way the trailer handles its shots of Vegeta I would not be surprised if this actually ends up happening. Battle of the Gods already broke tradition by ending with Goku losing, could we end up slaughtering the "Goku must always save the day" sacred cow?

Captain Oblivious fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Mar 3, 2015

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
I wonder if they'll have Frieza change sides by the end or if he'll just wind up dead

Current DBZ says he'd actually stand a good chance of living, but it's Frieza and he's probably too horrible to ever get redeemed :V

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
Why am I so hyped for a punchmans cartoon movie to a franchise that ended properly over twenty years ago.

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009

Stallion Cabana posted:

All I remember is something along the lines of Goku and Vegeta won't use their super saiyan transformations in this movie, so it could be. This could also be a partial explanation as to why Freeza is actually a threat after just 4 month training.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

VanSandman posted:

Why am I so hyped for a punchmans cartoon movie to a franchise that ended properly over twenty years ago.

Because Goku vs. Frieza, owned then, owns now, and will own 20 years into the future

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Covok
May 27, 2013

I just realized something: Goku never killed anyone in the series, did he? The second before the Demon King Piccolo died from Goku's attack, Piccolo reincarnated himself with an egg. Since Kami and Piccolo are life linked, the fact Kami didn't die means that the Demon King Piccolo didn't really die. And, IIRC, the Demon King Piccolo and Ma Junior share the same memory and personality. Freeza survived Goku's kill blow and was killed by Trunks. Kid Buu did die, but was almost immediately revived as Uub so that could get a pass.

Edit: Opps, nevermind, I forgot: he killed Grandpa Gohan.

• Locked thread