Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Neeeeeeentendo!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Japanese is a strange language and has a lot of weird quirks. Pronunciation and phonetics are a couple of them.

I'm still baffled how Americans managed to wring "Harry-carry" out of harakiri.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Heads up, there's a new firmware update that allegedly breaks the region-free exploit.

Noooo. Goddamn it, they wouldn't fix the browser if people weren't exploiting it for Pokemon Shuffle.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Strange Quark posted:

Because English is a stupid language that mangles vowels. One sound per vowel is much more sensible.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Is there any more to do in the 3DS Animal Crossing game than there was in the DS one? Considering buying that just as a commuter train time waster. I guess is there $30 worth of stuff to do in that game, or am I going to be sorry I bought it in a week.

Yes I know it's highly subjective.

Hikaki
Oct 11, 2005
Motherfucking Fujitsu Heavy Industries

Strange Quark posted:

When I was a kid I overheard some parents looking for a game to buy for their kid. One of them suggested this one called "May-your-ka's Mask". I have no idea how she got that.

vvv Oh ok well that solves that. I did not know that.

Hikaki fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Mar 3, 2015

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
Because Majorca is an actual place and pronounced kind of like that and Majora looks really similar

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Maybe she was from Majorca in Spain?

E:gently caress

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense
Because Majorca is a real place you doltasaur.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Heads up, there's a new firmware update that allegedly breaks the region-free exploit.

It's a good thing I've got a side 3DS I'm using for imports after transfering my data to my New 3DS! That thing is never getting updated.

Fryhtaning
Jul 21, 2010

Nolgthorn posted:

Because Majorca is a real place you doltasaur.

Why the gently caress would a place wear a mask :colbert:

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
When you turn 30 you automatically start saying "marry-oh"

Yakiniku Teishoku
Mar 16, 2011

Peace On Egg

Crimson Harvest posted:

I'm looking for some earbuds to use with my system, does anyone have/know of any that stand out for durability and quality? Also a 90-degree plug is a plus.

These are surprisingly good and cheap http://www.amazon.com/PlayStation-Vita-In-ear-Headset/dp/B006PP3ZK6

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Strange Quark posted:

loving Americans! Anyway, let's hop into the car and go to Makudonarudo for some Big Makus.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Waltzing Along posted:

I'll just post this here because it is as good as anywhere:

Is Nintendo pronounced Neentendo in Japan? I ask because Ni is Nee and there is no i sound like tin.

This has been causing me great consternation. Have we been saying it wrong all along?

Ni in Japanese is always pronounced the same way, and that is Nee, or how the Knights Who Say "Ni" pronounce it. If spoken at an ordinary pace, you probably wouldn't notice the difference. Phoenetically, everyone else says "Nentendou."

Fryhtaning
Jul 21, 2010

GENDERWEIRD GREEDO posted:

loving Americans! Anyway, let's hop into the car and go to Makudonarudo for some Big Makus.

And finish up with some co-hii aisu kuriimu at Saatiwan

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

GENDERWEIRD GREEDO posted:

It's Biggu Makku, you baka gaijin. :rolleyes:

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines

Martytoof posted:

Is there any more to do in the 3DS Animal Crossing game than there was in the DS one? Considering buying that just as a commuter train time waster. I guess is there $30 worth of stuff to do in that game, or am I going to be sorry I bought it in a week.

If you like furniture and clothes and making friends with your villagers and just doofing around in general? Sure, it's great. And there's certainly more to do than in the DS version. Plus you can see other people's houses via Streetpass, and tour their towns even while the players are offline (but you won't be able to get items from the offline versions). Some people have ridiculously pretty towns and I have no idea how they did some of them.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Strange Quark posted:

It's Biggu Makku, you baka gaijin. :rolleyes:

take it to the vita thread, fellas

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Waltzing Along posted:

Because English is a stupid language that mangles vowels. One sound per vowel is much more sensible.

But that's so inefficient!

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
Listen to how Iwata pronounces it during the Nintendo Directs

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Selling my physical copy of Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate to go digital. If you want a physical copy and are having a hard time finding it, help me out!

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Is there a good list out there of the non crap coming soon to 3ds? I know CN. STEAM is soon as well as Etrain Mystery Dungeon in april but then im drawing blanks.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
http://www.ign.com/games/upcoming/3ds

The biggie is Xenoblade.

pizza valentine
Sep 19, 2007

DON'T FAKE THE FUNK
Grimey Drawer

Junkie Disease posted:

Is there a good list out there of the non crap coming soon to 3ds? I know CN. STEAM is soon as well as Etrain Mystery Dungeon in april but then im drawing blanks.

Xenoblade (assuming you have a new) in April? Other than that, we probably won't hear much until E3 time.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Codename STEAM is out next week in NA.

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Yeah I lied; so what is the truth?

Waltzing did you wind up getting Mario golf pricematched?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Haruharuharuko posted:

Waltzing did you wind up getting Mario golf pricematched?

Waltzing Along posted:

I ended up not going back to WalMart last night.

But today I saw that Toys R Us price matches fredmeyer.

I can confirm you can get Smash for $20 at TRU right now. Just bring the fred meyer link in.

Also picked up their last copy of Golf for $10. So $70 of games for $30. Not bad. Not bad at all.

Now I have a feeling I will have to buy some amiibo.

Thinking of going back tomorrow to pick up the two Pokemons. 100pts in coins and two games I can resell for $30 or so and then buy Bayonetta.

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Yeah I lied; so what is the truth?

Ahh cool scrolled through the thread looking for my name quoted but didn't see that glad you got it eventually.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

zip zop zoobitybop posted:

Xenoblade (assuming you have a new) in April? Other than that, we probably won't hear much until E3 time.

Oh I am quite ready for that. Just wondering when Nintendo is going to talk about the pre-E3 support with a direct it should be some time mid month.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

I got Monster Hunter 4 yesterday, and a 32gb micro SD. So now I'm all set with my N3DSXL. :getin:

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

I assume the next Direct will be April, with radio silence outside of a possible Pokemon reveal until E3 itself following it.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Wow I don't care about any of it. Good thing I got a 3DS for three Zeldas and don't expect much more.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

The biggie is 3D Classics Outrun, everything else is gravy

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

Martytoof posted:

Definitely worth it. The new mayor-mechanic means you get a lot more involved with your town, especially as you build and plant and expand. I loved the first AC, was mildly disappointed with the DS sequel, and NL is just amazing with its attention to detail and incorrigible charm.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Cat Machine posted:

The biggie is 3D Classics Outrun, everything else is gravy

This man knows what's what.

Also, reminder not to upgrade your firmware if you are on an "old" 3DS and use the region-free hack. It was patched yesterday thanks to the dumb kids cheating on Pokemon.

A Big... Dog
Mar 25, 2013

HELLO DAD

Ordered a New 3DS, fuuuuck it! I'll be putting my old one on SA-Mart in the next few days, if anyone in the UK is keeping an eye out.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

I played the Codename STEAM demo and I don't think I like that game at all. The gameplay just seems really tedious and nowhere near as satisfying as Valkyria Chronicles. Enemies just come out of nowhere constantly giving you no time to react. Also what is loving with that waiting time during the enemy turns, it's insane.

A Big... Dog
Mar 25, 2013

HELLO DAD

Hakkesshu posted:

Also what is loving with that waiting time during the enemy turns, it's insane.

After about three turns, I had to put it down. You barely get to play the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gao
Aug 14, 2005
"Something." - A famous guy

Hakkesshu posted:

I played the Codename STEAM demo and I don't think I like that game at all. The gameplay just seems really tedious and nowhere near as satisfying as Valkyria Chronicles. Enemies just come out of nowhere constantly giving you no time to react. Also what is loving with that waiting time during the enemy turns, it's insane.

I really don't like how your guys get stunned if you get ambushed on your turn. It's really frustrating that it punishes you that hard for not knowing there was a guy where you couldn't see. If it were just damage, I could deal with it.