Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nebelwerfer
Jul 25, 2008

He carried our avenging steel over the Rhine,
He drank the emperor's toast from the Danube.
please no sass but sauce on them burgs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghaz
Nov 19, 2004

Dandywalken posted:

What has gotten into you???

you're right...I shouldn't get so worked up about burgers. I mean, we're all here because we love em right XD

like I said I just spend a lot of time thinking about this stuff and I'm really into burgers

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
you know it's impossible to make perfect burg right? someones bound to prefer something different, so instead of sperging like that and calling ppl names and poo poo you should just chill and enjoy all kinds of burgs

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Was a consensus reached regarding pretzel rolls? They seem extremely unorthodox and honestly, gimmicky. I'd like to try them though, but pretzel just seems like it'd dominate any burger's flavor no matter the topping.

Friend of mine swears by them, but he's impoverished.

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
sounds gimmicky, not sure if i'd even want to taste one

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Ghaz posted:

You could certainly mimic one cooking surface with the other... when you cooked professionally on the short order line... didn't you baste the nearly-finished patty for just a moment or so under a lid, to get the cheese melted perfectly? you couldn't possibly achieve that effect on a grill... likewise, the texture on the outside of a properly grilled burger just won't have the same character as a burg done on the flat top...

yeah right before the patty is cooked to the temp you want, it gets the cheese and goes under the salamander for a few moments to melt the cheese perfectly. a lid on the flap top works, too. on a grill I'd just give it a final flip right before it is done and put the cheese on - it should melt just fine from the heat of the meat.

I'll give you that the texture on the outside might be a little different.

Ghaz
Nov 19, 2004

Dyna Soar posted:

you know it's impossible to make perfect burg right? someones bound to prefer something different, so instead of sperging like that and calling ppl names and poo poo you should just chill and enjoy all kinds of burgs

hey now i already apologized for acting up after some other posters tossed a couple cool-hand smackdowns my way...but Only someone who has sought perfection truly knows how unobtainable it is, and yet they will not be deterred

Ghaz
Nov 19, 2004

Moridin920 posted:

yeah right before the patty is cooked to the temp you want, it gets the cheese and goes under the salamander for a few moments to melt the cheese perfectly.

I'll give you that the texture on the outside might be a little different.

no way dude if you finish the cheese with 10s under the salamader it's a totally different creature than 10s under the lid w/ some steam

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Dyna Soar posted:

There is a perfect berg, it's just that some people are picky bitches and can't appreciate a good thing.

Dandywalken posted:

Was a consensus reached regarding pretzel rolls? They seem extremely unorthodox and honestly, gimmicky. I'd like to try them though, but pretzel just seems like it'd dominate any burger's flavor no matter the topping.

I agree because of the flavor thing, but what is your opinion of brioche buns? Way better than a regular lovely bun and doesn't have an overpowering taste at all.

Ghaz
Nov 19, 2004

Moridin920 posted:

There is a perfect berg, it's just that some people are picky bitches and can't appreciate a good thing.

at least we agree on something for gods sake

Ghaz
Nov 19, 2004

Moridin920 posted:

I agree because of the flavor thing, but what is your opinion of brioche buns? Way better than a regular lovely bun and doesn't have an overpowering taste at all.

brioche does have a slight sweetness without being overpowering... but IMO pretzel buns aren't subpar because of the flavor. it's the outer surface that just isn't condusive to a complex sandwich with possibly very slippery internals... doens't accept the tooth well enough, but it tastes great If that texture could be overcome pretzel buns would work

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

Ghaz posted:

hey now i already apologized for acting up after some other posters tossed a couple cool-hand smackdowns my way...but Only someone who has sought perfection truly knows how unobtainable it is, and yet they will not be deterred

:what:

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
w/e guys you're apparently the twin burger kings

Nebelwerfer
Jul 25, 2008

lol told

its not about what others think as perfection, its what u feel is right........

Nebelwerfer fucked around with this message at 09:06 on Mar 3, 2015

Ghaz
Nov 19, 2004

yeah well maybe when you've lost half your fingers and been confined to a wheelchair because you eat more burgers in a week than most people eat in three months you will see where im coming from

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

Ghaz posted:

yeah well maybe when you've lost half your fingers and been confined to a wheelchair because you eat more burgers in a week than most people eat in three months you will see where im coming from

:what:

Nebelwerfer
Jul 25, 2008

stop enabling urself in a burg thread lmao

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Ghaz posted:

pathetic. theres no room in this dialogue for tiny-minded idiots. im certain that applebees has a "classic half pounder" smothered with raw quartered onions, unripe tomatoes and rancid iceberg you might be interested in.

ok now we're getting somewhere. just as the industrial square of inedible, neon-orange cheese evolves into a decadent sauce when pressed between browned meat and toasted bun, so now can our juices intermingle and thicken to develop new flavors

You could certainly mimic one cooking surface with the other... when you cooked professionally on the short order line... didn't you baste the nearly-finished patty for just a moment or so under a lid, to get the cheese melted perfectly? you couldn't possibly achieve that effect on a grill... likewise, the texture on the outside of a properly grilled burger just won't have the same character as a burg done on the flat top...

when I worked the line, I worked to perfect the "greasy spoon" style burger. I was sure I'd come upon the perfect ratio of fond crust and juicy inside-meat: two patties of two ounces each, half a slice of american cheese to each. Though i was pleased to have made such progress, I knew it would be years before I could get the system stable enough to play with toppings and bun combinations... but sadly within a year of my most promising breakthroughs, the specter of Diabetes Mellitus reared its ugly head... I lost three fingers on my right hand, thumb and index on my left and also my right leg below the knee. I can't cook anymore because my scooter can't fit in the kitchen.

I hope you can appreciate for one moment why my passions reach these hights when I'm talking burg. years of vision, study, experimentation and work taken away by cruel genetics, perfection is out of my reach while I'm imprisoned in this body. But you all... your only prison is your mind. You can't rouse me from my mobility scooter with a passionate diatribe unless you can regrow limbs with your words. But maybe, just maybe, I can rouse my fellow goons from burg-jail. It doesn't have to be like this. The future is what you make of it.

i didnt read this but i bet its gay as hell

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

Dandywalken posted:

They're super loving good. Gimmicky, whatever, wendy's pretzel burger is the only fast food burger I've really -liked-, not just tolerated, since jack in the box stopped making chiabiata burgers. there isn't really any pretzel flavor to speak of, just that super chewy outside pretzel layer. you should try one. safeway and costco also have pretzel buns, pick up a pack and cast your doubts aside.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
I wake up this morning to find some fuckhead has thoroughly ruined the best thread in gbs... Hey ghaz you need to :getout: with your weird burger segregationist agenda

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
i am preparing to burg the anticipation is building

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
burging complete. i would describe this burg as a not quite whopper with a weird bbq sauce. 6/10 would burg again

Nebelwerfer
Jul 25, 2008

RideTheSpiral posted:

burging complete. i would describe this burg as a not quite whopper with a weird bbq sauce. 6/10 would burg again

How are the burgs in the russia, I thought you only had McD there

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien
waffle burgers. the world is ready

Nebelwerfer
Jul 25, 2008

will you get beaten in russia if u eat at mickey dee's nowdays

i heard second cold war started

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Nebelwerfer posted:

How are the burgs in the russia, I thought you only had McD there

Kazakhstan. no mcd and the burgs are extremely bad

Nebelwerfer
Jul 25, 2008

RideTheSpiral posted:

Kazakhstan. no mcd and the burgs are extremely bad

Is that some local joint then, how bad is it

Nebelwerfer
Jul 25, 2008

I mean if you dont have McD that is sub-par here in finland too for comparison how do u know if it is extremely bad

(by sub par i mean only good burgers worth of your time can be counted with three fingers and u can find them in the dollar/euro menu)

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Nebelwerfer posted:

Is that some local joint then, how bad is it

its hardees which apparently has a large asian enterprise. not sure how it compares to your one

Nebelwerfer
Jul 25, 2008

RideTheSpiral posted:

its hardees which apparently has a large asian enterprise. not sure how it compares to your one

the burg itself doesnt look half bad, maybe bit dry

the lettuce though is loving sad

id eat it

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Nebelwerfer posted:

the burg itself doesnt look half bad, maybe bit dry

the lettuce though is loving sad

id eat it

it was a very tolerable burg. better than a local burg because we dont really have cheese and beef here.

Nebelwerfer
Jul 25, 2008

RideTheSpiral posted:

we dont really have cheese and beef here.

wtf

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

i imagine the thread burg police would pop his top if I posted a horse burger

Nebelwerfer
Jul 25, 2008

RideTheSpiral posted:

i imagine the thread burg police would pop his top if I posted a horse burger

I would pop smth else if u know what i mean

:getin:

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

I'm in no way opposed to a horse burger if in the end it's juicy and tasty

Nebelwerfer
Jul 25, 2008

a large trout posted:

I'm in no way opposed to a horse burger if in the end it's juicy and tasty

thank you burg police

now waiting pics

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
thurman's cafe is the place for burgers. they sell burgers there.

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

hey I'm just a volunteer

I have a day job

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
Well there isn't much reason for infighting here imo, at the end of the day we are all fighting on the same side. Hard to argue with a man that has strong burger opinions even if i disagree with them.

Like, i respect the guy that likes stove top pan fried burgers. I dont particularly like them myself but maybe he is better at making them than I am. I think it was sweet tea.

Also re griddle/grill theyre literally the same thing and they even have griddles with grill lines if you want. A char/gas grill requires more oversight due to flare ups fuckin your beef up tho.

Also good luck in quitting smoking ghaz. If you can take a couple days off from work and take some sleeping pills until your brain isnt screaming for nicotine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nebelwerfer
Jul 25, 2008

Fetus Tree posted:

Also good luck in quitting smoking ghaz. If you can take a couple days off from work and take some sleeping pills until your brain isnt screaming for nicotine

replacing addiction with another is my fav way to deal with issues too

• Locked thread