Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

I'm giving the show the benefit of doubt in regards to its new characters. Chuck, Kim and Hamlin aren't terribly compelling just yet but I'm sure they'll develop beyond stereotypes. In the first season of Breaking Bad Hank was the frat-boy comic relief, Jesse was a hapless wigger, Skyler was a joyless bore and Marie... OK Marie never did change or get to do anything cool. Did her kleptomania subplot go anywhere?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

Number 6 holds The Village record in Duck Hunt.

The first one to kill :laugh: wins.
True, as much as I like BB, the first season was a slog.

Hopefully more episodes will develop the characters more.

Meatwave
Feb 21, 2014

Truest Detective - Work Crew Division.
:dong::yayclod:
They should have called the episode "Fruit Flavored Gelatin Dessert Food Product".

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Meatwave posted:

They should have called the episode "Fruit Flavored Gelatin Dessert Food Product".

'Fruit Flavored Gelatin Dessert Food Product...o'.

I had a great aunt that collected Hummels, and when she passed away, her will specified they were to go to family members. Nothing as involved as in the episode, they were all kind of just set out on the dining room table, and it was like 'take your pick'. I ended up with a little alpine mountain boy of my own, carrying a pig in a backpack sort of thing. When I get old, I think I'll draw up an overly complex will to leave my mother's old Hummels to people. This episode has inspired me.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

PassTheRemote posted:

True, as much as I like BB, the first season was a slog.

Hopefully more episodes will develop the characters more.

Really?

You meet Krazy-8 right off the bat, and that entire storyline paid off in the best way possible as Walt turns to Jessie and asks "Did you put the body in a plastic container?" and one of the funniest moments of the series as the results are shown, then you get Tuco for the last two episodes which was amazing.

I'd say season 2 and 3 had quite a few "slog through" episodes, and "Fly" is the episode that turned off a ton of people to the show entirely, despite it being the precursor to some of the best episodes of the series.

It's pretty telling that for season 2/3 you have no individual wiki articles for the actual episode, but from "Fly" onwards literally every episode has its own page because of the sheer amount of press for each episode.

Calamity Brain
Jan 27, 2011

California Dreamin'

Inspector Gesicht posted:

Marie never did change or get to do anything cool. Did her kleptomania subplot go anywhere?

Well, she tried to steal a baby.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Inspector Gesicht posted:

I'm giving the show the benefit of doubt in regards to its new characters. Chuck, Kim and Hamlin aren't terribly compelling just yet but I'm sure they'll develop beyond stereotypes. In the first season of Breaking Bad Hank was the frat-boy comic relief, Jesse was a hapless wigger, Skyler was a joyless bore and Marie... OK Marie never did change or get to do anything cool. Did her kleptomania subplot go anywhere?

Sort of. When she gets caught stealing things from several open houses, Hank calls in a favor from ABQ PD to get her out of it. His PD contact (forget the guy's name) asks for Hank to return the favor by looking at Gale's lab notebook.

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

CelticPredator posted:

Maybe "Talking Toilet" might've been a better thing to look up....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLSa2f4gxes

"There you go, thirsty boy!"

"Thank you"

Mira
Nov 29, 2009

Max illegality.

What would be the point otherwise?

Is the podcast up yet?

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

I didn't fall in love with Breaking Bad until the 9th episode, where Walt and Jesse try to poison Tuco under the watch of his senile uncle. It's such a tense and bizarrely funny episode that's really far-out and yet it had build-up and there were a great deal of consequences afterwards. It's great to see Hank as a competent agent who gets caught off-guard and out of his element.

I never hated Skyler as her arguments were sound and if Walt didn't have conflict in his domestic life then there would be a lot less tension in the show. She may be guilty for engaging in white-collar crime but that's leagues below strangling a guy with a bike lock, dissolving his remains, and flushing them down the toilet.

edit: wrong thread

Inspector Gesicht fucked around with this message at 16:30 on Mar 3, 2015

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.
Breaking Bad spoilers but this is sorta perfect:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51hS_iOLu5o

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Brightman posted:

This is a pro loving click right here.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
Yeah I have to say the whole lawfirm war thing is falling pretty flat for me too. The show was great for the first two episodes but the continued focus on these dopes is hurting it. Hopefully chuck blows up his house and dies by the end of the season and we can just move on to when he becomes Saul.

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
Pretty sure Chuck will die or be sent to the loony bin at some point and you'll never have to think about him again.

Saeka
Jul 2, 2007

I'm a man that loves the simple things. Sunhats. Boba. Dresses.

Brightman posted:

This is the best thing. YOU DID GOOOOOOD HANK.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Brightman posted:

I'd like to imagine a past where this is what actually aired. :allears:

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Brightman posted:

One of the major reasons I started watching Breaking Bad was to see the real context for this scene (season 5 spoilers): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mVq_4BA5DQ

Mexcillent
Dec 6, 2008
I'm trying to give the slower pace of this show a pass on the grounds that unlike Breaking Bad, the immediate stakes of BCS aren't life or death and methamphetamine. That said, I feel like the first two epiodes were the weakest and the third so far is the only one has successfully used tension. But, I guess that's a part of BCS being tonally more of a comedy?

RustyTrombone
Oct 23, 2007

by zen death robot
Kim's actor has been kinda a mediocre so far.

PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

Number 6 holds The Village record in Duck Hunt.

The first one to kill :laugh: wins.

RustyTrombone posted:

I think the main issue is that she has not been used that much. I think once stuff gets developed like her friendship with Jimmy, I think that it will work out.

Easychair Bootson
May 7, 2004

Where's the last guy?
Ultimo hombre.
Last man standing.
Must've been one.

RustyTrombone posted:

I kind of agree, but oddly enough she's been the highlight of the podcasts. Seems like a cool girl.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
I'm interested in Chuck, but Kim has had nothing to do so far, she's basically been part of the set.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

Meatwave posted:

Fruit Flavored Gelatin Dessert Food Product-O.

I have a hard time spotting bad acting, though good acting does jump out at me, so I like Kim just fine!

NowonSA fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Mar 3, 2015

Omne
Jul 12, 2003

Orangedude Forever

You know eventually she'll be put in a position to make a choice between Hamlin/HHM and Jimmy, and will go with Hamlin/HHM.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

I like Kim because she's one of the only characters so far who's not a huge schmoozer. She lies to her boss because he hates Jimmy, but you don't see her trying to win every conversation like Hamlin and Chuck do.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Podcast just went up for last night's episode!

e: Haha, in the first few minutes they're already talking about why the episode wasn't able to be titled "Jello" and that every episode title before this has ended in "o".

Rageaholic fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Mar 3, 2015

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Last Chance posted:

Sort of. When she gets caught stealing things from several open houses, Hank calls in a favor from ABQ PD to get her out of it. His PD contact (forget the guy's name) asks for Hank to return the favor by looking at Gale's lab notebook.

And unless mine eyes deceive me that's also who was knockin' on Mike's door... coincidence????

nerox
May 20, 2001
As someone who writes the occasional will, that scene with the lady in her house made me fill with rage and laugh at the same time.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Takes No Damage posted:

And unless mine eyes deceive me that's also who was knockin' on Mike's door...

Your eyes need to learn to tell black people apart.

Nigel Gibbs (APD Detective Tim Roberts)

Barry Shabaka Henley (Mysterious Philly Cop)

Supercar Gautier fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Mar 3, 2015

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Supercar Gautier posted:

Your eyes need to learn to tell black people apart.

Nigel Gibbs (APD Detective Tim Roberts)

Barry Shabaka Henley (Mysterious Philly Cop)

drat I feel like a racist rear end in a top hat now :ohdear: I thought the voice even sounded the same...

As penance have a fresh podcast mirror:

BCS 101 Uno Live Discussion
Podcast Dropbox Mirror

BCS 102 Mijo Live Discussion
Podcast Dropbox Mirror

BCS 103 Nacho Live Discussion
Podcast Dropbox Mirror

BCS 104 Hero Live Discussion
Podcast Dropbox Mirror

BCS 105 Jello Alpine Shepherd Boy Live Discussion
Podcast Dropbox Mirror

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Man, they mention Serial right off the bat, and I just finished listening to that. I get the jokes :toot:

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Chuck and Kim are wonderful characters so far. Kim in particular is shockingly likeable.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Steve2911 posted:

Chuck and Kim are wonderful characters so far. Kim in particular is shockingly likeable.

Yeah I think her actor is doing an amazing job of making her likable with very few lines. And she's a real person not just a romantic interest or a train wreck.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

That toilet scene :allears:

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Give me all of it, oh yah, you're such a big boy!

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Fill me up Chandler!

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Did the name Chandler exist before Friends? I like to think he named his kid after that Chandler anyway.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
He needs the NDA just so he can keep people from making fun of him.
:laffo:

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

The scene:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83KLxQ1jjdg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Reverse Centaur posted:

Did the name Chandler exist before Friends? I like to think he named his kid after that Chandler anyway.

Raymond Chandler.

• Locked thread