Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
About the new comic: I'd say the Fans are waaay more psychotic than Jacket or Biker.

laserghost posted:

I've been replaying HLM1 recently, and one thing starts to really annoy me: mobs have no collision detection in relation to Jacket, so I often find myself standing in the same place as the white-suited Ruski, both of us unable to land a killing hit. Super frustrating when you rush into room, effortlessly turn three dudes into pap with your machete, and land in the corner of the place, with fourth dude who you've missed, now violating each other's personal space. I guess it happens because I tend to play with Tony mask a lot, and using guns as rarely as possible.

e: grammar is hard

Space bar executes standing dudes too.

Cuntellectual fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Mar 2, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

InsidiousMuppet posted:

I haven't even gotten an email about my record shipping and I ordered back in December :(

Same, back in December. Haven't heard anything, emailed them and haven't heard back. They don't have store accounts so I can't look up the order status or anything.

Iam8bit sucks. Hotline guys should have found a better partner.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
HLM's twitter said the first pressing is shipping, so who knows.

HeavingGirth
Oct 6, 2014

Zaphod42 posted:

Same, back in December. Haven't heard anything, emailed them and haven't heard back. They don't have store accounts so I can't look up the order status or anything.

Of course, I complain and promptly get my shipping confirmation email.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

InsidiousMuppet posted:

Of course, I complain and promptly get my shipping confirmation email.

Did the same. What a joke.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

girth brooks part 2 posted:

The lock on actually can be detrimental if your not using a gun, and will make you miss every drat time if the targeting is moving in any direction other than directly at you.

There are numerous occasions in the game where it's beneficial to lock on to the dude on the other side of the room, wait for the patrolling dude to reach the door, and then kick in the door and quickly right-click to instantly down both guys at once. Two free executions!

Zaphod42 posted:

Zaphod42 posted:

Did the same. What a joke.

You have an entire eight days before the game comes out. There is plenty of time to ship it, calm yourself.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Pirate Jet posted:

You have an entire eight days before the game comes out. There is plenty of time to ship it, calm yourself.
Could you order that if you were in not-USA?

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Croccers posted:

Could you order that if you were in not-USA?

I ordered it in Canada.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
We didn't annex you?

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Not when it might be advantageous for shipping you haven't. :argh:

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

quote:

iam8bit Store <store@iam8bit.com>
3:26 PM (44 minutes ago)

to bcc: me
Hello you badass Hotline Miami fan!

Your HLM2 vinyl will be available for pick up in store THURSDAY 3/5/15 between 3pm and 9pm!!!!

If you selected In Store Pick Up by mistake, please get back to us ASAP so we can arrange for shipping.

THANKS!

:dance:

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
Iam8Bit has retail locations?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
it's an art gallery

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
I love Hotline Miami's story and I'm invested enough in the characters to believe Jacket is more heroic then most people think, but it seems weird they're suddenly going from minimal story to what looks like a whole lot of it. All the interpertations of Hotline Miami being a take on seperation of gameplay and story seem weird now.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Highly anticipating HLM2 as I am I decided to do this:

In Hotline Miami: Non-Lethal Edition you play as Jacket, a weird cosplayer/furry who attracts such derision that even going into public places he is greeted by a hail of gunfire and is swarmed by vicious armed thugs. Can YOU help Jacket go about his day without getting murdered?

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

WickedHate posted:

I love Hotline Miami's story and I'm invested enough in the characters to believe Jacket is more heroic then most people think, but it seems weird they're suddenly going from minimal story to what looks like a whole lot of it. All the interpertations of Hotline Miami being a take on seperation of gameplay and story seem weird now.

I think it's the right choice because a big part of the appeal of Hotline Miami's story was how out of nowhere it was, and you can't put that genie back in the bottle.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

WickedHate posted:

HM2 seems like it's generally about the misconceptions people had about the first game, so it makes sense.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Anatharon posted:

About the new comic: I'd say the Fans are waaay more psychotic than Jacket or Biker.

I think that goes without saying at this point. There's no killer more pathetic than a copycat. They couldn't even be their own kind of crazy, they have to imitate Jacket's insanity in some desperate attempt to say they idolize him.

I'm almost expecting them to try and break Jacket out and he just kills them all.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Crabtree posted:

I think that goes without saying at this point. There's no killer more pathetic than a copycat. They couldn't even be their own kind of crazy, they have to imitate Jacket's insanity in some desperate attempt to say they idolize him.

I'm almost expecting them to try and break Jacket out and he just kills them all.

I'm interested in the Fans' story the most, I think.

Ash (and maybe Alex by extension) seems to have it in his head that going out and killing criminals is a Good Guy thing to do. Mark and Tony seem to be more in it as an excuse to go around killing random people, and who knows what the deal is with Corey.

I'll also put good money on Evan/The Writer getting arrested and Manny/The Detective going crazy at some point in HLM2.

Cuntellectual fucked around with this message at 05:37 on Mar 3, 2015

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Yeah, there's no doubt the Fans will either do something stupid in accordance with their idealized view of Jacket (Crabtree's guess sounds good) or tear each other apart when something hits on their different motivations.

I'm curious if Jacket will return as a playable character, or if the player characters will cross paths or even kill each other. In one preview we already saw that the detective is feeding information to the journalist, so the stories probably do interconnect and all seem to revolve around Jacket.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Dolash posted:

Yeah, there's no doubt the Fans will either do something stupid in accordance with their idealized view of Jacket (Crabtree's guess sounds good) or tear each other apart when something hits on their different motivations.

I'm curious if Jacket will return as a playable character, or if the player characters will cross paths or even kill each other. In one preview we already saw that the detective is feeding information to the journalist, so the stories probably do interconnect and all seem to revolve around Jacket.

Jacket and Biker kiss at the end

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The strongest! The smartest!
The rightest!

WickedHate posted:

Pirate Jet posted:

HM2 seems like it's generally about the misconceptions people had about the first game, so it makes sense.

That's kinda why I'm digging the story, because it basically feels like they took every dumb theory or idea or batshit idolizing that fans of Hotline Miami did and made that the new plot. Every character is a goon in some way.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Wrong Number will reveal that Jacket is actually Biker.

Dolash posted:

Jacket is not playable. Cactus said that waaay back around the time it turned into a sequel instead of DLC.

Also at the Rezzed playable preview (But none of the others) The Fans killed a black (well, brown) mobster who might be the playable The Henchman. I'd expect them all to intersect to some degree except maybe The Soldier. Though The Soldier might be Beard from Jacket's dream/memories so who knows...

One leak in regards to The Fans' story indicated that they stumble onto what's a huge criminal conspiracy, so I'm sure that'll come back to bite them.

laserghost
Feb 12, 2014

trust me, I'm a cat.

Anatharon posted:

Space bar executes standing dudes too.

:doh: I thought it's only possible when knife is equipped. Thanks.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 26 days!
The best ground execution is the brick, followed by hammer or dart. :q:

girth brooks part 2
Sep 6, 2011

Bush did 911
Fun Shoe

Capn Beeb posted:

The pot of boiling water is something special. I can't help but think, "You are one sick puppy" every time I see it.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice

girth brooks part 2 posted:

The pot of boiling water is something special. I can't help but think, "You are one sick puppy" every time I see it.

I love that one. Was my first execution too. :stare:

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
The broken pool cue is pretty nasty, it takes so long and it really looks like he's having trouble getting it through the guys chest.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK

thebardyspoon posted:

The broken pool cue is pretty nasty, it takes so long and it really looks like he's having trouble getting it through the guys chest.

Chest?

Pretty sure it's under the chin and out the top of his head. :stare:

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT
Look at these people caring about the story in Hotline Miami. Haha!

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Yeah, it's pretty great.

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

Totally surviving on my own. On LAND!

Capn Beeb posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCaOtS3AyG0

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

The golf club should've been standing over the guy and smacking his temple like you're hitting a ball off a tee instead of the generic blunt 2h animation.

memy
Oct 15, 2011

by exmarx

Indeed

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

The best part about the drill is that it doesn't auto kill when you strike with it, making it a little easier to set up executions without having to throw it first.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Ever since they fixed Jones I literally haven't used any other mask. It makes getting A+ a bitch but it's The One True Mask.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

So I'm replaying Hotline Miami on the ps4 (first time was one my now broken laptop), and how do I unlock more of the weapons to be placed?

Do I just have to keep playing to get more points, or do I have to get BETTER ratings? Because I remember unlocking nearly everything on the pc, but I'm barely halfway thru the unlock list on the ps4 and I've already "beaten" the final boss.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
On the PC any points you gain are added to a pool and as it fills it unlocks things. So unless it's changed you'd have to replay levels and those points will continue to fill the pool.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Where is this comic? I did a search on the Steam store and found nothing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

laserghost
Feb 12, 2014

trust me, I'm a cat.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/274170/ it's under "Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number - Digital Special Edition", with the green "Watch" button

• Locked thread