Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

With two races going super, maybe there's hope for Yamcha yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Rewatched Battle of the Gods last night, and I think my new favorite moments are when Beerus yells, "This is no game! You're fighting for your life!" after he gets pissed to learn Goku is only using 80%, and then when Goku turns SSJ and screams "I won't let you destroy my world!" and starts loving up the underground cave.

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008

Zzulu posted:

Gold Frieza looks fine

did you all want him to grow spikes or something? His 4th form is the only form of his that ever looked remotely good anyway, makes sense to stick with it

There was the fake leak that looked sorta like an orange and white Cooler which looked interesting if a little not-Frieza-ish.

yoyomama
Dec 28, 2008

Holy poo poo, those are some fresh rear end dance moves

I don't know why this was made, but I am so glad this was made

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

yoyomama posted:

Holy poo poo, those are some fresh rear end dance moves

I don't know why this was made, but I am so glad this was made

Advertising in Japan is a little different than advertising state-side.
Having Goku advertise orange soda and Freeza advertise grape is a pretty genius move, though.

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
And if they can't play nice
I won't play with 'em at all

Little Mac posted:

With two races going super, maybe there's hope for Yamcha yet.

Super loser

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Maximum loser. Nobody cares about Yamacha. :colbert:

edit: That dancing video is great because at first Vegeta is like hell I"m dancing, and then joins in when he goes SSJ.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Gold Freeza is cool because this means Freeza guys might get a transformation in Xenoverse 2

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Shindragon posted:

edit: That dancing video is great because at first Vegeta is like hell I"m dancing, and then joins in when he goes SSJ.

Also when everyone goes SSJ, Tien, Krillin, and Piccolo power up their auras, and Roshi goes into classic hulkout mode. Owns. (Freeza's is better)

KoB
May 1, 2009

Adult Gohan in the clothes-beam Gi is cool.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

I like that it takes Vegeta a while to accept that he has to join the others in dance

[€dit] beaten :kiddo:

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Frieza rapid-fire transforming and firin' off lasers like it's going out of style is the best.

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

They'll bend the knee or I'll destroy them

Why are there no gifs of these yet :allears:

yoyomama
Dec 28, 2008

VanSandman posted:

Advertising in Japan is a little different than advertising state-side.
Having Goku advertise orange soda and Freeza advertise grape is a pretty genius move, though.

Oh, I know that Japanese ads can be out there, but even then, I wasn't expecting to see Goku and Frieza doing Thriller-type moves at any point in my life.

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
Has anyone made fabulous frieza in Xenoverse yet?

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

sharktamer posted:

Someone in the Xenoverse thread tried to, but the color zones aren't quite the same so you can't get it perfect.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
I just watched the newest Revival of F trailer and Freeza has a line that's basically "hey, Vegeta, you wanna be my second in command?"

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Some Numbers posted:

I just watched the newest Revival of F trailer and Freeza has a line that's basically "hey, Vegeta, you wanna be my second in command?"

Oh God, and Vegeta looks over a beaten Goku in the trailer too. If that's really the line...I really hope that isn't something they're going to do.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Covok posted:

Oh God, and Vegeta looks over a beaten Goku in the trailer too. If that's really the line...I really hope that isn't something they're going to do.

Lmao if you think it's anything but Vegeta pretending he will to punch Frieza right in his face

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

vegeta will look at a beaten goku, frieza will say something like 'Come join me, Vegeta. I'll make you my right hand man. I'll even spare that little family of yours," Vegeta will consider it, then go "A prince never bows!' and final flash him, there'll be a big cool animation effect, Vegeta will think he got him for a moment, then the smoke will clear and Frieza will be standing there with his arms crossed and a few scuff marks and go "You've made a foolish mistake, Vegeta." and then he'll smirk, "it must run in the family" and then they'll fight some more.

this exact scene will happen, note for note. I would place real life money on it.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Endorph posted:

vegeta will look at a beaten goku, frieza will say something like 'Come join me, Vegeta. I'll make you my right hand man. I'll even spare that little family of yours," Vegeta will consider it, then go "A prince never bows!' and final flash him, there'll be a big cool animation effect, Vegeta will think he got him for a moment, then the smoke will clear and Frieza will be standing there with his arms crossed and a few scuff marks and go "You've made a foolish mistake, Vegeta." and then he'll smirk, "it must run in the family" and then they'll fight some more.

this exact scene will happen, note for note. I would place real life money on it.

Sounds cool as heck, really

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
You know, you'd think that they would have the dragon balls on constant lockdown by this point. They know exactly what they're capable of. Maybe they're just trying to make it "fair" for everyone else on the planet, but how do you even find the drat things without the radar?

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
They're probably too lazy to collect them all. Goku stopped holding onto his four-star ball after he came back to life the first time, must've got sick of needing to find it after every time he made a wish (which was pretty often).

Unless bingo is on the line.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

New Leaf posted:

You know, you'd think that they would have the dragon balls on constant lockdown by this point. They know exactly what they're capable of. Maybe they're just trying to make it "fair" for everyone else on the planet, but how do you even find the drat things without the radar?

apparently pilaf has tried to use the dragon on more than one occasion, so they just seem to laugh it off.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Monaghan posted:

apparently pilaf has tried to use the dragon on more than one occasion, so they just seem to laugh it off.

What could pilaf do with it that would make him a threat to them?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

TheKingofSprings posted:

What could pilaf do with it that would make him a threat to them?
"I wish to be stronger than Goku!'

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Endorph posted:

Fat lot of good it'd do him without the kung-fu to back it up. Just ask Gohan how important raw power is.

Oh wait, you can't, he's getting his rear end kicked again.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

'I wish I was a better martial artist than Goku!'

wait one year, gather dragon balls again

"I wish my power level was higher than Goku's!'

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Endorph posted:

Could the dragon even do that?

Shyrka
Feb 10, 2005

Small Boss likes to spin!
But in the intervening year Goku's martial arts skills have improved enough that Pilaf's greater power and lesser skill can't avail him a victory.

Although didn't the Dragon grant two wishes for a while? That could've been dangerous.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

TheKingofSprings posted:

Could the dragon even do that?

Can't make anyone stronger than Dende so gonna go with no

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
So, today I found out that Frieza is a Lakers fan. :psyduck:

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

Endorph posted:

'I wish I was a better martial artist than Goku!'

wait one year, gather dragon balls again

"I wish my power level was higher than Goku's!'

Since Goku hides his power level, Pilaf's power level stays the same.

I guess the worst he could do is make Goku a kid again, since that means GT happens.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Emperor Pilaf is really cool and tortures his own minions as a way of passing blame when he farts.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Endorph posted:

Yeah I mean, what jokes would they add? Beerus gives even less of a poo poo? The only thing I can see having any real potential is the Super Saiyan God sequence.

I'm pretty sure Beerus couldn't care less if he tried.

Like, I would not be surprised if this movie's plot just kicked off because Goku forgot to invite Beerus to his birthday party and he decided to give the Dragon Balls to Frieza's men so that they'd revive Frieza and he'd blow up the planet.

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

sharktamer posted:

My Frieza clan is close, though with blue accents instead of purple. I made him before Super Frieza was revealed though.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

So, today I found out that Frieza is a Lakers fan. :psyduck:

Space Lakers.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Shyrka posted:

But in the intervening year Goku's martial arts skills have improved enough that Pilaf's greater power and lesser skill can't avail him a victory.

Although didn't the Dragon grant two wishes for a while? That could've been dangerous.

It grants 3 unless its a super hard wish like reviving everyone.

KoB
May 1, 2009

New Leaf posted:

Wasnt there one time where they just jumped up and grabbed the 4-star before it shot off?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Couldn't Pilaf just do his original wish for world domination?

Vegeta would go to kill him and Goku would be all "No, that's wrong. He is our leader."

• Locked thread