Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

BadLlama posted:

I want a Batchat but stuck on the tier 6 tank atm. I absolutely hate playing light tanks even if they are all bullshit right now.

Hopefully it's a bad light tank problem because the batchat is basically a high tier 13 90.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

If you don't like the 12t you don't even deserve the Batchat.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Prav posted:

If you don't like the 12t you don't even deserve the Batchat.

I really don't see how one has anything to do with the other. The 12t is a slow, no hp having not too great burst(if you can get all rounds into one target at once then alright its pretty decent) light tank and the batchat is a more zippy, normal hp having awesome burst medium tank.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

BadLlama posted:

I really don't see how one has anything to do with the other. The 12t is a slow, no hp having not too great burst(if you can get all rounds into one target at once then alright its pretty decent) light tank and the batchat is a more zippy, normal hp having awesome burst medium tank.

Please don't troll me like this it is very upsetting.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Prav posted:

Please don't troll me like this it is very upsetting.

The t in 12t stands for trash :colbert:

But anyway, I read that there are going to be new french tanks in 9.7? Is this a true thing or just some people guessing?

BadLlama fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Mar 3, 2015

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
12t onwards feels like such a build up to the Batchat (minus the Lorraine, which is essentially a better 50 100). Very few tanks can turn the battle around than a full HP Batchat. 12t and 13 75 can feel like sluggish grinds because you need to play them a little bit more passively than the 13 90. The 13 90 is when you can start to be a bully and really punish people no matter what the tier (you WILL need to shoot gold, plan ahead). Batchat is probably one of the best tanks in the game, it's speed and power is really quick scary.

I played the Lorraine when it was a T8 and I really did not like it, mainly because I tried to play it like the 13 90. Don't do that. It is a better 50 100, treat it as such.

BadLlama posted:

But anyway, I read that there are going to be new french tanks in 9.7? Is this a true thing or just some people guessing?

The new branch should be coming off the 13 90. Wargaming has been known to be royal cunts and mix it up, but I really don't see them doing it this time.

Mesadoram fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Mar 3, 2015

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

It must be a sad and cold existence when you can't enjoy the 12t.

BadLlama posted:

It's true, there'll be a bunch of low-tier tanks like the FCM 36 that all seem a bit underpowered (what does WG have against pre-war French tanks?) and the AMX 30 Prototype and AMX 30B at T9-10 probably branching from the 13 90.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Is the AMX 30 the leopard knock off that will have an auto loader WG was talking about 6 months ago?

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

BadLlama posted:

Is the AMX 30 the leopard knock off that will have an auto loader WG was talking about 6 months ago?

No auto loader if I remember correctly. French Leo with some different stat priorities.

Edit: Found my post about the T10 AMX 30b -

Mesadoram posted:

Characteristics (for 100 percent crew):
AMX-30B
Hitpoints: 1900
Engine: 720 hp
Weight: 36 tons
Power-to-weight: 20 hp/t
Maximum speed: 65/23 km/h
Hull traverse: 48 deg/s
Terrain resistance: 0,959/1,151/2,014
Turret traverse: 39,6 deg/s
Viewrange: 400
Radio range: 782,1

Hull armor: 80/35/?
Turret armor: 80/40/?

Elite gun: 105mm
Damage: 390
Penetration: 260
ROF: 6,134
DPM: 2392,4
Reload: 9,781
Accuracy: 0,326
Aimtime: 2,3s
Depression: -8

Mesadoram fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Mar 3, 2015

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
Every top tier auto loader WG has added has been a game balancing nightmare. With the latest released being more broken than the last one.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

I think the BC and 50B worked out OK. The 155 58 didn't make that much of a splash either.

T57, Foch 155 and WFTE100 were less well-considered. Although with the T57 it was really just a case of too-generous numbers.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Prav posted:

I think the BC and 50B worked out OK. The 155 58 didn't make that much of a splash either.

:downsrim:

Prav posted:

T57, Foch 155 and WFTE100 were less well-considered. Although with the T57 it really was just a case of too-generous numbers.

Oh the rage when then T57 came out was legendary. Even though they "nerfed" it, that thing dishes out tears and pain like no other.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

I did manage to stop myself from adding "unlike the T92".

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Mesadoram posted:

Oh the rage when then T57 came out was legendary. Even though they "nerfed" it, that thing dishes out tears and pain like no other.

That it took them years to even consider rebalancing the T57/50B is just hilarious. The T57 was just head and shoulders better than so many other tanks for so long. Wargaming are bad at game balance.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Hellsau posted:

That it took them years to even consider rebalancing the T57/50B is just hilarious. The T57 was just head and shoulders better than so many other tanks for so long. Wargaming are bad at game balance.

50b was good, but the balance they did to it made it great. Those few degrees of elevation made a HUGE difference. The T57 balance was something a developer wrote on a piece of toilet paper while doing some "office business".

"The pubbies are breeching our doors, what should we do about the T57?!"

"Uhh, nerf it's aim time by a hair?"

"WE ARE THE BEST AT BALANCING!"

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

The fast can autoloader should definitely be the DPM king of heavies, what are you talking about?

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

xthetenth posted:

The fast can autoloader should definitely be the DPM king of heavies, what are you talking about?

I do love my T57 and 50b but that is not what he is saying. He is saying it was FLAT OUT better than the other tanks. 1600 damage in 6 seconds followed by a measly 25 second reload? T57 is a scary loving thing. If the T57 can juke a shot or sees a tank miss, it can not only punish with impunity but probably be reloaded in time to make the enemy tank think twice about rushing it.

Now CW is a different story because the T57 is not that nimble. But CW meta is usually an entirely different discussion from regular tank balance.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mesadoram posted:

I do love my T57 and 50b but that is not what he is saying. He is saying it was FLAT OUT better than the other tanks. 1600 damage in 6 seconds followed by a measly 25 second reload? T57 is a scary loving thing. If the T57 can juke a shot or sees a tank miss, it can not only punish with impunity but probably be reloaded in time to make the enemy tank think twice about rushing it.

Now CW is a different story because the T57 is not that nimble. But CW meta is usually an entirely different discussion from regular tank balance.

That was a sarcasm, top DPM and tied best burst for a heavy probably shouldn't be the same tank but wargaming.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

xthetenth posted:

That was a sarcasm, top DPM and tied best burst for a heavy probably shouldn't be the same tank but wargaming.

But it is "slow" and it has a "bad" aim time.

Balanced.

Also my sarcasm meter over the internet is broken :smith:.

Unrelated video about balance: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXX8URSUWm0

Nerses IV
May 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
BatChat got released with 9 degrees of gun depression. That poo poo sure didn't last long. RIP, my favorite tank.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Nerses IV posted:

BatChat got released with 9 degrees of gun depression. That poo poo sure didn't last long. RIP, my favorite tank.

They really should give the 13 75 it's 8° dep back.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Prav posted:

They really should give the 13 75 it's 8° dep back.

More importantly they should re-buff the Patton 3 to what it was (maybe even better due to the power creep) :colbert:.

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE
Some of you nerds might enjoy this report from British evaluations of the S-tank: http://tanks.mod16.org/2015/03/03/report-from-british-evaluation-of-the-s-tank-1968/

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Mesadoram posted:

More importantly they should re-buff the Patton 3 to what it was (maybe even better due to the power creep) :colbert:.

Option 1: Nerf all tier tens to the level of the IS-4, M48, and E4.
Option 2: Buff all tier tens to the level of the 50B, Batchat, and E3.
Option 3: Buff all tier tens except the 113.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Hellsau posted:

:barf:

Hellsau posted:

:gizz:

Imagine the team comps if most of the T10s were all super viable...

Hellsau posted:

I like the spitefulness of this. This is the best option.

WayAbvPar
Mar 11, 2009

Ah- Smug Mode.

Hellsau posted:

Then bring back battle tier 12 so all the 46% shitlords who failed into tier 10s can shoot each other and let me drive my tier 8s in actual tier 8 battles every now and then.

The funny part is I have multiple missions which require killing something a tier higher, and all I get in my 8s now is top tier :suicide:

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

gently caress it, give all tier 10 tanks 6-8 round auto-loaders, decrease match timer from 15 minutes to 5 minutes. Rename game Counter-Strike: Tanks.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Bring back battle tier twelve, remove battle tier ten. There, all tier eights are now pref so they don't need to deal with tier tens, tier nines either get to deal with tens or poo poo on eights, and lovely tier ten players won't make grinding tier eights a chore.

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

Hellsau posted:

Bring back battle tier twelve, remove battle tier ten. There, all tier eights are now pref so they don't need to deal with tier tens, tier nines either get to deal with tens or poo poo on eights, and lovely tier ten players won't make grinding tier eights a chore.
But that's a nerf to my pref 8 premiums. :(

edit: not really a nerf, but they lose their advantage vs other tier 8 prems

edit2: unless you make pref tier 8 prems only face tier 8s :getin:

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

Or just make MM +/-1 instead of +/-2 universally (i.e. give all tanks premium mm).

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Special bracket for nines and tens so if you want to be top tier 8 is it...

And you can feed my prems :getin:

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

saintonan posted:

Or just make MM +/-1 instead of +/-2 universally (i.e. give all tanks premium mm).

I don't understand their argument against this. They don't want players to wait too long for a match? Even playing at poo poo hours for the East Coast server I'll get a game in 10-20 seconds right now, saying this change doubles queue times is 20-40 seconds for a game really too long?

Hell I'm playing another game right now where you have to wait 40 seconds before the game returns everyone to the lobby and then re-queues you and not one really cares.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

BadLlama posted:

I don't understand their argument against this. They don't want players to wait too long for a match? Even playing at poo poo hours for the East Coast server I'll get a game in 10-20 seconds right now, saying this change doubles queue times is 20-40 seconds for a game really too long?

Hell I'm playing another game right now where you have to wait 40 seconds before the game returns everyone to the lobby and then re-queues you and not one really cares.

I think the primary argument against -1/+1 is balancing issues. Certain tanks are GODLIKE at their tier, but become much less effective when introduced to higher tier tanks. But what do I know :shrug:.

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

Mesadoram posted:

I think the primary argument against -1/+1 is balancing issues. Certain tanks are GODLIKE at their tier, but become much less effective when introduced to higher tier tanks. But what do I know :shrug:.
This makes some tanks in Blitz fun to abuse.

DonkeyHotay
Jun 6, 2005

Hellsau posted:

the 113 doesn't need it.

:dukedog:

primelaw
Apr 4, 2012

The most southern dandy robot judge
So I bought a gaming laptop so I could play computer games easily while I'm away from home. This thing runs tanks better than my desktop. :wtc: wargaming

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

primelaw posted:

So I bought a gaming laptop so I could play computer games easily while I'm away from home. This thing runs tanks better than my desktop. :wtc: wargaming

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

primelaw posted:

And we doubted Wargaming's optimizations.

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT MY RADLEY-WALTERS' MEDAL

Is that medal for being the most intolerable poster in a thread about Warhammer 40.000 novels? Because if it is, you sure blew the competition out of the water, son.

primelaw posted:

I did the same; my new laptop is a hoss!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

primelaw
Apr 4, 2012

The most southern dandy robot judge

Hellsau posted:

And we doubted Wargaming's optimizations.

Cheers to you naysayer! This thing does have the newest i7 in it though, while my desktop still has a sandy bridge i5 2500k in it. Still, it kinda surprised me.