Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
They're celebrating female artists with the cover changes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Call Me Charlie posted:

Made an alliance with a terrible name (like always!)

So if anybody wants to join Bone Rangers, it's open to all.

Joined under Devor27 for the slackering

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Snazzy Frocks posted:

They're celebrating female artists with the cover changes

That makes a lot more sense now, thanks.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

Devor posted:

Joined under Devor27 for the slackering

Let you in :) There's 14 slots left.

head58
Apr 1, 2013

Too slow...

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.

Call Me Charlie posted:

In as VulturesRow.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Pretty decent Deadpool Daily haul today.

Doctor Doom Pink and Squirrel Girl Pink from Taco Tokens and Spidey Blue from Heroic Tokens. Already had a max skilled Spiedy but I still like seeing gold when doing my draws.

The free Doctor Doom Black brings me up to 4/5/2 or 3/5/2 on Doom, can't remember. Either way, I just need 2 or 3 more covers. Hopefully more Pink.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
I got two Bullseyes and an Ares from mine. Wish I could get one purple for my Doom.

bouncyman
Oct 27, 2009
I got my first doom pink from a token from the Sentry event where Iron Fist debuted... but didn't get an Iron Fist :(

21st Cherry boy
Jan 28, 2004
i'm a girl, fucktard

bouncyman posted:

I got my first doom pink from a token from the Sentry event where Iron Fist debuted... but didn't get an Iron Fist :(

I kept hoping for Iron Fist from this token and the Prodigal Sun one, but I got a black Electra from a Deadpool vs MPQ one, bringing her up to 1/1/1 for me :unsmith: and a red Thoress from a Prodigal Sun one, bringing mine to 2/0/0... okay maybe Iron Fist would have been more useful. But I did finish top 50 in Prodigal Sun so I'm slightly ahead of the pack on that one and dammit I enjoy pulling 4 stars.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

If I don't get a whole bunch of hero points by the end of the week, I'm going to have to boot a character because the daily present in a few days is Thor (finally, I haven't seen her since she was introduced). One of the 2* Captains I think. Probably America since Marvel 3* is properly different. Bad Cap never gets picked as Essential anyway, and even when he's powered up Steve is usually still better.

Wonder who the next character will be. And if I've heard of them.

CidGregor
Sep 27, 2009

TG: if i were you i would just take that fucking devilbeast out behind the woodshed and blow its head off

McDragon posted:

If I don't get a whole bunch of hero points by the end of the week, I'm going to have to boot a character because the daily present in a few days is Thor (finally, I haven't seen her since she was introduced). One of the 2* Captains I think. Probably America since Marvel 3* is properly different. Bad Cap never gets picked as Essential anyway, and even when he's powered up Steve is usually still better.

Wonder who the next character will be. And if I've heard of them.

Covers last a week before expiring so you have more time than you think to save up the hero points for a roster boost.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

CidGregor posted:

Covers last a week before expiring so you have more time than you think to save up the hero points for a roster boost.

Oh, forgot about that, thanks. Might manage it then, although I will shed no tears over Captain America if he has to go.

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

You tried to destroy it once before, Commodore.
The result was a wrecked ship and a dead crew.
Fun Shoe
Make sure to get those taco tokens, I've had 2x250 HP so far.

JesusLovesRonwell
Aug 12, 2004

I want to touch my Rosalina-sama all over~

<3<3<3
Is Batman in this game?

Mad Lupine
Feb 18, 2011

all the things you said
running through my head

JesusLovesRonwell posted:

Is Batman in this game?

Yes.

JesusLovesRonwell
Aug 12, 2004

<3<3<3
How do I unlock him then, huh smart guy?

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

JesusLovesRonwell posted:

How do I unlock him then, huh smart guy?

from a bat token, of course

JesusLovesRonwell
Aug 12, 2004

<3<3<3

McDragon posted:

from a bat token, of course

Hmmm, I didn't think of that. Going to try this when I get home.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
You might have a faulty copy of the game where they call him Black Panther but he's definitely there

happynoodle
Aug 9, 2004
Not really happy.

Call Me Charlie posted:

I applied as Onoraii, I hope to gather tacos with everyone.

JesusLovesRonwell
Aug 12, 2004

<3<3<3
After repeated attempts to unlock him, and some light online detective work, I can confirm that unfortunately Batman is not in this game. So it seems some of you are mistaken re. his inclusion and methods of unlocking him.

Mad Lupine
Feb 18, 2011

all the things you said
running through my head
You're not matching 3 enough.

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

You tried to destroy it once before, Commodore.
The result was a wrecked ship and a dead crew.
Fun Shoe
Yesterday's Deadpool daily was for a black Dr. Doom, but I'm already maxed. This morning a random standard token gives me a purple Dr. Doom cover, a taco token gives me 250 HP and the daily 50 more. Everything's coming up Millhouse in this crappy game these days.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
gently caress Beast is coming up in the daily and I don't have him. I'd forgotten how bad it feels not having the featured character. That sweet taco token and 2000 ISO... :smith:

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

AnonSpore posted:

gently caress Beast is coming up in the daily and I don't have him. I'd forgotten how bad it feels not having the featured character. That sweet taco token and 2000 ISO... :smith:

gently caress Beast is actually his upcoming 4* variant.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6u96tYuv2Zk

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
Alright guys. Help me beat the Deadpool daily for the 3* Mystique. Batting average is 0/5. Burned all my medkits and there are 5 hours left.

My Roster:

Currently in a non goon guild. Is there a cooldown time when you leave a guild before entering a new one? Evidently not! :haw:

Helical Nightmares fucked around with this message at 04:32 on Mar 6, 2015

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
Grey Widow/Classic Storm/whatever makes it really easy. Load up on stupid amounts of purple in wave one then blow up wave two with Sniper Rifle. Use Storm's stun as necessary. Repeat for wave four.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Helical Nightmares posted:

Alright guys. Help me beat the Deadpool daily for the 3* Mystique. Batting average is 0/5. Burned all my medkits and there are 5 hours left.

My Roster:

Currently in a non goon guild. Is there a cooldown time when you leave a guild before entering a new one?

OBW Daken Cap is my go-to for that node every day and I've never failed. Might need to use boosts considering there's three teisatsu in the first wave and they hurt like hell every round once they get started. Wolvie is better than Daken imo but my Wolverine is underleveled. Yours isn't so I'd go with that instead.

Canasta_Nasty
Aug 23, 2005

Helical Nightmares posted:

Currently in a non goon guild. Is there a cooldown time when you leave a guild before entering a new one?

I've finished all of the dailies I had the cover for, with OBW, Classic Storm, and MN Mags. You just charge up your AP on the goon rounds then cut loose to prevent the heroes from doing anything. Using stockpiles and some boosts, it's not tough to finish all four waves without being hit once.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Make sure you knock out the goons with a power or a match five so you get to go first when facing the NPCs. The goons tend to build up enough colors for the NPCs to blast out a bunch of their powers.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
Thanks for all the advice guys.

BGrifter posted:

Grey Widow/Classic Storm/whatever makes it really easy. Load up on stupid amounts of purple in wave one then blow up wave two with Sniper Rifle. Use Storm's stun as necessary. Repeat for wave four.

I used 4* Wolvie/Grey Widow/C Storm and I finally got it. Nearly got destroyed on the first round (C. Storm down to 200 and Widow at 450) but once you have Green/Purple engine going and a regenerating 4* Wolvie to soak up hits when you can't blue stun it is pretty much a lock.

Never thought Grey Widow's red 2x3 AoE would come in handy. I even got to use Bullseye's Black boost to do 4K damage with three critical tiles on the board.

Got that sweet sweet Mystique cover.

Edit: Joined Bone Rangers as Virulent

Helical Nightmares fucked around with this message at 04:32 on Mar 6, 2015

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Grey Widow / Classic Storm / Thor.

Ensure you have enough AP for a Sniper Rifle + Wind Storm (19 Green AP and 11 Blue AP) by the end of the first wave.

Ensure you have enough AP for a Sniper Rifle + 2 Wind Storms (10 Green AP and 22 Blue AP) by the end of the third wave.

Thor's pretty buff and can tank a countdown or two. If a countdown's about to go off and you have plenty of Green AP, don't hesitate to use Storm's Green to see if you can destroy it. Even if you don't, you'll get AP.

Thor's Yellow and Grey Widow's Pink ensure that you have a constant flow of Green AP. Just use Storm's Green every time you manage to gather somewhere around 25 ~ 30 Green AP.

Red can be used to get rid of countdown tiles with Grey Widow or generate more Yellow AP so you can generate more Green AP.

My Grey Widow's around the same level as yours (and has the same 5/3/5 setup) and I've yet to lose a single Deadpool Daily wave mission with a team of Grey Widow / Classic Storm / Spidey or Hood or Hulk or Thor or Punisher or Black Panther.

EDIT: gently caress, ya already beat it.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
Yeah I use Hood in the third slot, but you can really slot pretty much anything in there and be fine. The first wave is a little touchy, but once you have a bunch of purple and green AP stockpiled you can blow through the last three waves pretty easily. Anything that slips by the barrage of Sniper Rifles gets stunned by Storm.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
I've been crushing the wave challenges with Classic Magneto (almost maxed), OBW and 2 star Wolverine. 2 star Wolverine shits out strike tiles, OBW keeps countdown tiles/tile generation to a minimum and Magneto is reserved as my last resort, outside of dropping defense tiles, if I need to get rid of someone quick.

Bone Rangers is up to 9 members and we did pretty well in the daredevil event. If you want to join, just join and I'll add you the next time I log in. No need to post in here.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
For the 3* deadpool dailies, I have good success with patches, Loki, and OBW. Once I can get Patches to do Berserker rage and Loki's Trickery, I can deal good damage, take none, and continue to generate AP safely.

Evil Vin
Jun 14, 2006

♪ Sing everybody "Deutsche Deutsche"
Vaya con dios amigos! ♪

Fallen Rib
I use OBW, Classic Mags, and Hulk. OBW keeps taking their AP and occasionally healing, Hulk just for pure life and cleaning the board, and magneto for shields, clearing the board and his blue move. Haven't been wiped yet.

von Metternich
May 7, 2007
Why the hell not?
In Bone Rangers as Napoleon26 if that's all right...this is my favorite game to waste an hour with when I should be falling asleep.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

So since hp costs for new roster slots are going down next patch, have they said anything about refunding the difference for people who've already bought a lot of slots?

I already know what the answer's gonna be but I figured it was worth a shot. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
They refunded HP to alliances when they cut the costs of roster expansion so it might actually happen.