Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

Angry Grimace posted:

Put all your cards inside this and then use the gloves to play.

Sixty iphones each open to a web browser with a live video feed to the actual card on display in a sealed, climate-controlled vault.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Entropic posted:

Of course if you want to be fully protected you put each of those triple-sleeved cards inside a hard toploader.

I mean, sure, your deck will be ten inches tall, but you can't be too careful.

This is what people do for their legacy decks in the philippines.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

Entropic posted:

Are there clear sleeves designed to go over top of normal sized sleeves (which could have perfect fits inside them already) to protect them or did I just imagine that in a fever dream?

They totally exist, primarily because art sleeves with pretty pictures on them are universally terrible quality and will flake, deform and split when given the slightest chance. So if you want your animu girlfriend sleeves to keep looking good, you need to sleeve the sleeves...

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

All this talk about card protection is making me think about getting a new binder.
How's this for cringe:
I'm currently using an old 3 ring with some ultrapro pages, I have a bunch of 30-40 dollar rares in there, no sleeves.

My shocklands and fetches are also stuck in stacks of 2, again no sleeves.

Any suggestions on better practice besides get a not poo poo binder?

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

Entropic posted:

Sixty iphones each open to a web browser with a live video feed to the actual card on display in a sealed, climate-controlled vault.

And allow the light to damage them while they're on camera? we're gonna need a better solution.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Anime sleeves are good.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

Count Bleck posted:

All this talk about card protection is making me think about getting a new binder.
How's this for cringe:
I'm currently using an old 3 ring with some ultrapro pages, I have a bunch of 30-40 dollar rares in there, no sleeves.

I do this. The entire binder is full of playsets of expensive poo poo. Its secretly cool since it shows you have so much money you don't care about your cards. :thumbsup:

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Count Bleck posted:

How's this for cringe:

You can keep using the 3-ring binder and pages (assuming it's not too bulky for you) but at least sleeve those cards.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Kmc used to have a sleeve that was bigger than character guards. I have a quad sleeve deck ready for top loaders.

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Entropic posted:

I guess if you have really rare limited edition sleeves or something and don't want them getting dirty.

:inception noise:

I should get some for my Modern Masters sleeves

En Fuego
Oct 8, 2004

The Reverend
How did you guys not count Arcane Denial in your counterspell chitchat? Boo

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Cactrot posted:

And allow the light to damage them while they're on camera? we're gonna need a better solution.

Well obviously the camera isn't pointed directly at the card. It's viewing a proxy resting on top of an opaque humidor.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

I sleeve my cards in other, different cards, making them all modal. A lot of opponents complain about "cheating."

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

Devor posted:

Well obviously the camera isn't pointed directly at the card. It's viewing a proxy resting on top of an opaque humidor.
Technocratic communist dystopia comedy option: everyone has 100-250 (for Battle of Wits) card-sized sheets of Wizard Paper which can be programmed with any edition of any card ever printed. Replacements would be available by submitting a request with DCI number to WotC, who are happy to assist you.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Yo wizards where the evening spoilers at?

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Anybody ever get the feeling that sometimes while they look through retail boosters that some of them feels slightly heavier?

Because every time I've impulsed bought off that feeling I've opened a foil am I weird???

Pussy Snorkel
Sep 12, 2008

With the Pussy Snorkel, any man can be a dive master.

Count Bleck posted:

Anybody ever get the feeling that sometimes while they look through retail boosters that some of them feels slightly heavier?

Because every time I've impulsed bought off that feeling I've opened a foil am I weird???

It is not a weight difference you can actually feel without a scale.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
Foils do weigh more than regular cards but we're talking fractions of grams here. Unnoticeable to a human scaling by hand.

Maybe you have a gift? :v:

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Suddenly Count Bleck bursts into the thread to announce "Guys, I think foils weigh more! And I can discern it with my sense of touch! Am I a wizard?"

Rinkles posted:

Yo wizards where the evening spoilers at?
I think you get them a bit later on at night as morning comes in non-PST regions or sites update at midnight EST, etc. It's a bit early when you posted it.

It's also kinda random.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

It's weird because I get this tingling sensation in my hand and I don't understand why.

But every time I've trusted it there's a loving foil in the pack. :v:

Dungeon Ecology
Feb 9, 2011

I have that, except its for jank rares, and its all the time.

Starving Autist
Oct 20, 2007

by Ralp
Random thought: In Tempest Remastered, I hope they print Portcullis as a mythic. That card was an insane limited bomb, though not unbeatable since it requires that you be ahead on board when you play it, and it's hard but not impossible to get around it (for example with creature removal).

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.

Count Bleck posted:

It's weird because I get this tingling sensation in my hand and I don't understand why.

Early symptoms of hypertension. Consult your physician.

Veyrall
Apr 23, 2010

The greatest poet this
side of the cyberpocalypse

Count Bleck posted:

There is indeed an award for Lamest Super Power.

It's a foil Mindreaver.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Starving Autist posted:

Random thought: In Tempest Remastered, I hope they print Portcullis as a mythic. That card was an insane limited bomb, though not unbeatable since it requires that you be ahead on board when you play it, and it's hard but not impossible to get around it (for example with creature removal).

They seem to be pretty good at balancing Limited only environments (mostly, putting Battle Screech at Common in VMA, down from Uncommon in Judgement, is probably their biggest miss from what I've heard) so if it's in the set it'll probably be at an appropriate rarity.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Who won the workshops mirror? Just missed it.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
When you say Ugin, do you pronounce it like the liquor or like you would say "begin"? I just remembered that I heard someone use the former the other day but I've saying it like the latter ever since the name first appeared.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Eugene.

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

...the person who says honestly that he despairs is closer to being cured than all those who are not regarded as despairing by themselves or others.

C-Euro posted:

When you say Ugin, do you pronounce it like the liquor or like you would say "begin"? I just remembered that I heard someone use the former the other day but I've saying it like the latter ever since the name first appeared.

It's the same as the g in gif.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

Edit: ^^^

C-Euro posted:

Ooh-gin. I've heard Ooh-jin, but those people are wrong. I'll never call him Eugene.

Dungeon Ecology
Feb 9, 2011

Attorney at Funk posted:

It's the same as the g in gif.

Eujhyfe?

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
I cast Ugin Levy.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

Dragonlord Kolaghan

4RB 6/5
Flying, Haste
Other creatures you control have haste.
Whenever an opponent casts a creature or planeswalker spell with the same name as a card in their graveyard, that player loses 10 life.

Not confirmed, although it looks pretty real to me.

Angry Grimace fucked around with this message at 07:47 on Mar 4, 2015

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

I dunno if they would print more combo pieces for Hidetsugu's Second Rite, but if they did the deck becomes that much more unbeatable.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
I think I like original Kolaghan better, but Dragonlord Kolaghan sure does clobber the poo poo out of the mirror match if it hits the table. What a weird ability.

EDIT: Clearly there needs to be a deck with both Kolaghan and Ob Nixilis, so your opponent can crack a fetch, cast a spell and die on the spot.

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

eat your heart out rorix

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Certainly doesn't seem better than Kolaghan Prime to me.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
Actually, I think that's a mistranslation, judging by a google translate of the original article, and of the card. It should be if they cast a copy of a spell that's in *their* graveyard, which seems a lot better.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Angry Grimace posted:

Dragonlord Kolaghan

4RB 6/5
Flying, Haste
Other creatures you control have haste.
Whenever an opponent casts a creature or planeswalker spell with the same name as a card in your graveyard, that player loses 10 life.

Not confirmed, although it looks pretty real to me.

Holy poo poo I want this forever.

Nevermind the second ability, a 6/5 that goes fast and gives everything else fast is radical.

The Lord of Hats posted:

Actually, I think that's a mistranslation, judging by a google translate of the original article, and of the card. It should be if they cast a copy of a spell that's in *their* graveyard, which seems a lot better.

It actually seems like that would be disgustingly broken.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

The Lord of Hats posted:

Yeah, it seems like it from what I'm seeing, but I'm not sure, I don't speak Spanish.

"Magic cards use the less formal "tu" for Spanish rules text for "you", and "su" for "his/her" to avoid this ambiguity."

Angry Grimace fucked around with this message at 07:48 on Mar 4, 2015

• Locked thread