Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

Jerusalem posted:

He could argue a situation where he basically can't find work anywhere else now even if he wanted to leave WWE, all because of what Punk said about him (well, about the Doctor who treated him), ruining his reputation and threatening his potential for his future career.

I'm in the UK where our laws are different with this sort of thing. But wouldn't he have to prove this is the case?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
Gotta hope they show a blow-by-blow in court of him pooping himself in that one match

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
He still has a job, so what is this case for outside of saving face.

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

uncleKitchener posted:

WWE wants their win back.

Not even joking, they think they got worked by the earlier settlement and are trying to get back at Punk, but because of the deal they have to use the doctor as a proxy to protect themselves.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS

Manic_Misanthrope posted:

Not even joking, they think they got worked by the earlier settlement and are trying to get back at Punk, but because of the deal they have to use the doctor as a proxy to protect themselves.

Okay, NOW I see where this is going and it makes total sense now. As much of a bitch Punk is, I don't see him losing this unless his lawyer really fucks up.

And Cobana should be off since his case is journalism and those kind of rights.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

Yeah Dave Meltzer talked about this. Basically they've been beaten at their own game and they've not reacted well to it, so because they're not allowed to do anything directly with Punk they're fully supporting the doctor instead. It's pretty much why Colt Cabana has been included in it. It's a petty move. If Punk gave that interview to a newspaper would they sue the newspaper? No, they're just doing it because he's Punk's friend and they know it'll cause a headache since one of them has a lot of money and one of them doesn't.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

uncleKitchener posted:

He's someone who is used to getting top gigs in the sports world, it would be hard for him to get a new position with accusations of malpractice hanging around. If you were accused of nearly killing a guy and pressuring him to work through concussions would you sue him if you thought it was a lie?

DrVenkman posted:

Yeah Dave Meltzer talked about this. Basically they've been beaten at their own game and they've not reacted well to it, so because they're not allowed to do anything directly with Punk they're fully supporting the doctor instead. It's pretty much why Colt Cabana has been included in it. It's a petty move. If Punk gave that interview to a newspaper would they sue the newspaper? No, they're just doing it because he's Punk's friend and they know it'll cause a headache since one of them has a lot of money and one of them doesn't.

They would probably include the newspaper in the suit depending on the newspapers actions following the interview.

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

http://uproxx.com/prowrestling/2015/03/cm-punk-has-completed-his-first-ever-bout-of-mma-sparring/

Does CM Punk buy all of his shirts at Hot Topic? Is that still a thing?

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.

Written by our very own LobsterMobster too!

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

He has to because his collection of Judge t-shirts is carefully stored away.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
I read that as Judge Judy t-shirts and got excited for a sec.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

CM Punk posted:

Well I just had the time of my life.

Everything else is bullshit, Punk doing MMA and being happy makes me happy.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
That tshirt is really bad

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Can't wait for this guy to get his rear end brutally kicked

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Pay no attention to CM Punk, we purposely trained him wrong, as a joke.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Skip My Posts posted:

I can't wait for Punk to win by Judges decision and I get to see all the tear soaked posts on here.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Skip My Posts posted:

Gonzo McFee posted:

I can't wait for Punk to win by Judges decision and I get to see all the tear soaked posts on here.

It's a no lose situation, really.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.

Gonzo McFee posted:

lol

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Detroit_Dogg posted:

That tshirt is really bad

Isn't that one of those Onnit shirts?

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Cabbit posted:

It's a no lose situation, really.

Its going to be hilarious one way or another. Just a shame he hasn't gone full Kaufman with it

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

Gonzo McFee posted:

No UFC fan is gonna care if carny man punk wins against his freshly picked organic tomato can opponent. Some people will be rooting for him to get his rear end beat, but if he pulls off a simple dec vs a really lovely fighter no one will give a gently caress.

Qonas
Apr 21, 2010

Wazzu posted:

Everything else is bullshit, Punk doing MMA and being happy makes me happy.

Gonzo McFee posted:

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Skip My Posts posted:

gently caress off.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Its going to be hilarious one way or another. Just a shame he hasn't gone full Kaufman with it

The only hilarious ending to the CM Punk/UFC saga for me is if Punk ends up failing a drug test.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Seltzer posted:

No UFC fan is gonna care if carny man punk wins against his freshly picked organic tomato can opponent. Some people will be rooting for him to get his rear end beat, but if he pulls off a simple dec vs a really lovely fighter no one will give a gently caress.

Look at you, already making excuses. :smugbert:

Umbra Dubium
Nov 23, 2007

The British Empire was built on cups of tea, and if you think I'm going into battle without one, you're sorely mistaken!

triplexpac posted:

The only hilarious ending to the CM Punk/UFC saga for me is if Punk ends up failing a drug test.

For cocaine.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

Gonzo McFee posted:

Look at you, already making excuses. :smugbert:

Excuses for what? How he's gonna win? Dana already said they're gonna match him up with someone with similar experience (next to none and not training at a top mma camp like cm punk is) and it only makes sense to give him a win in his first fight anyways. It's a silly sideshow money grab fight and we all see it for what it is. I don't know why you guys are so obsessively attached to this dude.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

So many excuses right there

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

dear wrestling fans: stop embarrassing fellow wrestling fans in this thread with your terrible opinions. if i was a big ufc guy id be pissed about this situation too. it's gonna be a poo poo show either way so just enjoy that.

also

MAKE WAY NEW STARS posted:

Pay no attention to CM Punk, we purposely trained him wrong, as a joke.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

WeaponX posted:

if i was a big ufc guy id be pissed about this situation too
that's what makes this funny you killjoy

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

CM Punk is the Best in the World, not just in the WWE ring but also in the UFC Octagon. Let's go CM Punk!

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

that's what makes this funny you killjoy

I watch both and don't give a gently caress as long as whatever happens is funny

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

you're right, people taking poo poo too seriously is only one of the many things that is hilarious. and we can all be happy for that hobo who's gonna get a good amount of booze money

Big Coffin Hunter fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Mar 4, 2015

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

WeaponX posted:

dear wrestling fans: stop embarrassing fellow wrestling fans in this thread with your terrible opinions.

Nope! It'll be dumb and I'll laugh.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

gas

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Anime Curator posted:

gently caress off.

Lol

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
I bet that 40 year old guy who is too afraid to drink a beer is gonna kick some rear end!

Keg
Sep 22, 2014
Win or lose, I hope CM Punk gets home from his fight in time to tuck Colt Cabana into bed and kiss his wife AJ Lee on the face.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keg
Sep 22, 2014
He will, by the way, lose.

• Locked thread