Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

KoB posted:

Wasnt there one time where they just jumped up and grabbed the 4-star before it shot off?

Yeah, after the Fortuneteller Baba saga in the original Dragon Ball.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
Shouldn't Frieza be pissed that no one wished to make him immortal? Also that these scrubs managed to collect the dragonballs when he couldn't?

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

RyuujinBlueZ posted:

My Frieza clan is close, though with blue accents instead of purple. I made him before Super Frieza was revealed though.

super freezer hipster

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Why is Freeza naked? When does he become naked in the Freeza saga? Does any filler consider this period? Isn't Freeza worried about having his little butthole being exposed when he's fighting?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

when he goes into his final form

you know, the thing he spent like 40 episodes in

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Endorph posted:

when he goes into his final form

you know, the thing he spent like 40 episodes in

Well he blew off most of his armour as a precursor to going form 2, but the jury's out on whether that was his underwear or a rather featureless crotch.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Is there an explanation for bulma being such a huge bitch when they take off for namek? Like she's just suddenly super angry at everyone for like two episodes then she's fine. I always wondered if it was something cut in the dub.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Gold Freeza is cool because this means Freeza guys might get a transformation in Xenoverse 2

At the very least Dragon Ball Heroes will probably implement it for their Freeza dudes. If that happens, Xenoverse 2 will definitely get the Super Duper Yellow Snow Frostdude transformation.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
So is it confirmed bullshit that Freeza was lying about his 530,000 power level? Or is it just something we have to accept as bullshit to make all the other zenkai in that saga make sense? I know why it's bad, and why it was dropped, but the idea of power levels still intrigue me.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

Firstborn posted:

So is it confirmed bullshit that Freeza was lying about his 530,000 power level? Or is it just something we have to accept as bullshit to make all the other zenkai in that saga make sense? I know why it's bad, and why it was dropped, but the idea of power levels still intrigue me.

Power Levels are bullshit, so it really doesn't matter if he was lying or not.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

StrifeHira posted:

At the very least Dragon Ball Heroes will probably implement it for their Freeza dudes. If that happens, Xenoverse 2 will definitely get the Super Duper Yellow Snow Frostdude transformation.

And they'll give the form to King Cold and Cooler as well. Then they'll have Cooler combine his fifth form with Frieza's fifth form to create a super mega advanced Cooler form.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

sharktamer posted:

Shouldn't Frieza be pissed that no one wished to make him immortal? Also that these scrubs managed to collect the dragonballs when he couldn't?

Pilaf found them. They let Frieza's goons use them.

Also Frieza did collect all 7 however the Nemekian ones require that you speak Namek.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Rhonne posted:

And they'll give the form to King Cold and Cooler as well. Then they'll have Cooler combine his fifth form with Frieza's fifth form to create a super mega advanced Cooler form.

What I'm hearing here is SS God Gogeta vs Ultimate Coolza.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Firstborn posted:

Why would he be lying. His first form has a power level of 530,000 he revealed later that his power level rises to over a million in his 2nd form. I recall that being the last one that was stated in the show.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

MonsterEnvy posted:

Why would he be lying. His first form has a power level of 530,000 he revealed later that his power level rises to over a million in his 2nd form. I recall that being the last one that was stated in the show.

I don't know, just seems like a thing he'd lie about. Also, I think the last one stated in the show is Trunks' suppressed power level of 5!

The Daizenshuu (I know) also says SSJ Goku was 150,000,000 on Namek. What.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I just noticed that Jaco the Space Patrolman is on this movie. Best DBZ movie ever.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
So is Jaco another Freeza Race/Frost Demon/Arcosian, or does he just bear a resemblance?

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

So is Jaco another Freeza Race/Frost Demon/Arcosian, or does he just bear a resemblance?

He's a Galactic Patrolman.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Firstborn posted:

I don't know, just seems like a thing he'd lie about. Also, I think the last one stated in the show is Trunks' suppressed power level of 5!

I guess you could technically say he was lying. Given that he had 3 forms with Higher power levels. But his first form has a power Level of 530,000 he was not lying or anything and had no reason to.

It honestly does not matter.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.

Rhonne posted:

And yet Pan will still somehow not get Super Saiyan, while Bardock gets Super 3 and Gotenks probably gets Super 4 while they're at it. :sigh:

At least the female Saiyan Heroes got up to Super 3.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Why would Freeza be mad that his goons got the Dragon Balls? Even on Namek he had his henchmen collect them.

If anything, he should be happy he has a chance to kill Goku again.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Firstborn posted:

Firstborn posted:

Here let me explain something

Power Levels are bullshit. They don't make sense, they never made sense and no one ever cared because it was just a bullshit easy way to say 'Now I'm EVEN STRONGER!

It is only harming yourself to ever try to care or make sense of ANYTHING anyone has ever said about them. It's just Goku, I should really just relax!

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
lol if you still believe in power levels after SSJ Vegeta fought better than SSJ3 Goku in the movie solely because he was motivated by love. These movies are literally Toriyama going "power levels and transformations are the dumbest things ever" and that's why they own

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

lol if you still believe in power levels after SSJ Vegeta fought better than SSJ3 Goku in the movie solely because he was motivated by love. These movies are literally Toriyama going "power levels and transformations are the dumbest things ever" and that's why they own

Come on he was clearly Super Saiyan 2.

Vegeta's SS2 just doesn't have lightning for some bizarre reason outside the Manga.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Is Gohan still supposed to be stronger than Goku and Vegeta at this point? Or did his lack of training make him lose his Ultimate powers?

Or does it just not matter since Gohan just seems to exist to get punched in the face nowadays?

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
I think you guys are having trouble because you are using the outdated "Power Level" system. I understand it's still having some trouble reaching this part of the woods, but there is a reason all science of battle is now measured in Raditiz. Raditiz is a more reasoned measurement system that avoids number inflation and does well to measure beings relevant to our studies. I think you would all do well to forgo your outdated assumptions and accept this new system.

Good day and good tidings.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm 1/500 of a Raditz. I was told that I could work my way up to 1/333 of a Raditz but in all truth I think I may have hit peak potential.

ThNextGreenLantern
Feb 13, 2012
I'm rocking a Power Level of 4 IRL.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Except for the rejection of transformations. DBZ is about dumb, punchmans fun and transformations are legitimately fun. Goku going super saiyan and obliterating the cavern system was one of the best scenes in Battle of the Gods :colbert:

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Is Gohan still supposed to be stronger than Goku and Vegeta at this point? Or did his lack of training make him lose his Ultimate powers?

Or does it just not matter since Gohan just seems to exist to get punched in the face nowadays?

Toriyama doesn't believe Gohan can be an effective hero character so don't expect Gohan to do anything meaningful ever again. That ship has sailed.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

So I watched the episode of Dragon Ball today where after realizing his Dragon Radar was broken after clearing Muscle Tower, Goku travels to West City to find Bulma to get her to fix it. This whole episode is just Goku asking various people on the street how to find her, and Goku generally gets met with rude responses, confusion, robbers etc. One most notable (Dub) lines to me was Goku asking a woman why he doesn't know where Bulma lives, even though they both live in the same "village". It's a real stark contrast to snow village from the episode before, where there was clearly a much larger sense of community.

While its obviously aimed at children, it's always pleasantly surprising to see a show like this have some form of social criticism. Also, power levels are bullshit.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Captain Oblivious posted:

Toriyama doesn't believe Gohan can be an effective hero character so don't expect Gohan to do anything meaningful ever again. That ship has sailed.

That.... is very disheartening to hear, Gohan was basically my favorite part of DBZ.

Did he say why he was getting benched?

Blue Star
Feb 18, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I'm glad power levels are gone as a concept. However, is Toriyama really phasing out the Super Saiyan transformation? I'm not opposed to him getting rid of all these superfluous transformations, but the Super Saiyan is pretty iconic to the series.

Now that Freeza fans are getting what they've always wanted, what are some other things you'd like to see in possible future movies? The main things I want to see are:
1) Piccolo to become relevantly strong again
2) Nappa and Raditz, possibly as Super Saiyans, and maybe they reconcile with Vegeta and they become a trio again
3) Grandpa Gohan (Christ, the last time Goku saw him was after he beat the RR Army; you'd think he could've met up with Goku when Goku went to Otherworld)
4) Videl to be a fighter again, maybe after she's had Pan she can get back to being a crimefighter? Maybe she, Gohan, and Pan can be a family of Saiyamen superheros like the Incredibles?

These may seem kind of boring to some of you but it's my wishlist anyway. And it's not like we can't still get new stuff so we're not just recycling old material. These new movies seem to be doing a good job of expanding the universe and mythos and giving us new characters, while also bringing back old characters.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Caidin posted:

That.... is very disheartening to hear, Gohan was basically my favorite part of DBZ.

Did he say why he was getting benched?

That was his reason: "I didn't think he made a good hero."

Yeah, I know.

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

I'm 1/500 of a Raditz. I was told that I could work my way up to 1/333 of a Raditz but in all truth I think I may have hit peak potential.

That's rather poor, no offense. Even "Farmer with a Shotgun" was worth 1/240th of a Radditz.

Perhaps you should invest in martial arts training. I've heard well of this "Muten Roshi" fellow.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yeah, but that farmer had a shotgun. If I had a shotgun I could theoretically double or even triple my Raditz. "Farmer without a Shotgun" was probably like 1/1000 of a Raditz or something.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

That's a shame about Gohan, though to be fair he never really got a chance to do anything with his strength for the entirety of DBZ aside from killing Cell since the villains were either too strong for him to beat or broke out new transformations that made them to strong to beat.

That being said, getting rid of Super Saiyan isn't something that I mind. I always thought the Saiyans looked better with their natural hair colors. Though, I wouldn't mind seeing a Super Saiyan Raditz.

I wonder if this means Base Form Broly will become ridiculously popular in video games. :psyduck:

Covok
May 27, 2013

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I wonder if this means Base Form Broly will become ridiculously popular in video games. :psyduck:

As was made very clear a page ago, no one gives a gently caress about slim Broly: it's all about the beefcake.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

It's pretty arguable if Ultimate Gohan was ever stronger than Goku at all.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
He was clowning Super Buu, who Goku admitted he couldn't beat, so not really?

He even held up against Super Buu + Piccolo and SS3 Gotenks pretty well, all things considered.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
He also completely failed to catch an earring, so there's that.

Hey, remember when he caught bullets? From a gun?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Aurain posted:

It's pretty arguable if Ultimate Gohan was ever stronger than Goku at all.

How is that arguable? The evidence is pretty clear that Ultimate Gohan was far and away the strongest thing not named Vegito.

• Locked thread